Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 13, 2009 6:32 AM
Nov 2007
Brilliant!
So much to take in, in just one episode. lol at mass censorship of 20,000 naked NEET's.
only one more episode left :(
hoping the movie will be a continuation, not a recap. (Probably not going to happen though)
Jun 13, 2009 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
woow, so many NEETs, what will they do? ><

and moving juiz herself somewhere??

can't wait for the ending.!!!
Jun 13, 2009 8:07 AM

Oct 2007
wow such an intense episode....
my two cents

- the lady who brought in the empty bottle had the same voice as juiz, just not computerized
- juiz respond to number 1 "please become a messiah" and respond to akira "please continue being a messiah"

does that mean anything?
Jun 13, 2009 8:31 AM

Jun 2008
The NEETs were having sex.

Awesome shit.
Jun 13, 2009 8:59 AM
Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:

Rewatch episode 4. It doesn't really say anything about being penalized for not spending money. However Mr. outside says you will get penalized for not using your phone or producing results. So in short, all they really have to do is call people and get involved with things that could possibly save the nation (ie. use the phone).

Here is a list of the conditions that they must not brake.
1) You cannot abandon your mission or desert.
2) You cannot go for a long period of time without using your phone or producing no results.
3) You cannot use your 10 billion on your own personal desires. The money has to be spent for the sake of the nation.
4) If your balance hit's zero and you have not saved the nation, you die.

My guess is Akira saves the nation by stopping the missiles. The reason he probably didn't win before was because the missile attack was only directed at one general area and not the Nation as a whole. So theoretically if Akira blows all his cash preventing this attack, he most likely wont be killed by the supporter because he saved the country as a result of using all the cash.

Juiz is most likely member 12. Not only because she "supports" each member regardless of what they spend the money on but in episode 4 Mr. Outsider describes the supporter as someone who is "Enthusiastic to assist, but cruel when observing". It describes Juiz perfectly. She's always willing to help any of the members but as we learn more about the character and how they're using the money, you can sense her tone of voice changing negatively over time. Mr. Outsider also says "So called member 12" This could mean that 12 is not really a member but the system itself (ie. Juiz). So in the end any of the remaining 11 members could be killed by anyone but it would be the result of Juiz causing it. Look at the detective that was stabbed by his wife. It was a result of Juiz redirecting his message that was for his mistress to his wife.

Just my 2 cents.

I really like this idea. When I rewatched that episode, I thought that by usage of the phone, he meant using the funds. But there still is a way to receive results if you're cunning about it and a very interesting loophole.

Nayrael said:

It seems that she is some kind of super-computer... probably moved while Takizawa and No. 1 were going to the institute (I think that the objects in those trucks were Juiz).

At first, I seriously thought Juiz was the woman that brought up the empty bottle of wine to them. She really does sound similar to Juiz (and I thought she was in control of the supercomputer), though..when Akira asked Mononobe if Juiz worked there, he did not reply. He called Juiz after introducing Yuuki and asked her to have a bottle of wine delivered, but of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's her in person.
(Other than those four present in the room and Juiz (and the other selecao), how many other people know about Noblesse Oblige?)

Mononobe later specifies that Juiz is the supercomputer/machines in that room. If she truly is an advanced AI system that would add up to those objects that were being moved away when Mononobe & Akira arrived as well as the time. (though it isn't clear the time they arrived, how much time they spent talking and the time between that as Akira left.)

The time on Yuuki's watch and the time Selecao #12 made his move has about 28 minutes in between. So he/she could have requested Juiz to be moved ahead of time.

SaraiiJun 13, 2009 9:08 AM
Jun 13, 2009 9:32 AM

Aug 2007
That huge container ship dropping of those neets... You recognized them due to the censoring, haha!

When it says at the end ''move Juiz to a hidden location'', the door closes and Akira jumps on a train... Maybe Akira has MPD and he is Juiz. But that's the most ridiculous idea.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 13, 2009 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
Finally, it's getting interesting again. Too bad there's only one episode left.
I was really hoping for the movie to show Akira's actions before he lost his memories.
Jun 13, 2009 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
DragonsWhip said:
That huge container ship dropping of those neets... You recognized them due to the censoring, haha!

Haha, priceless.
Jun 13, 2009 10:30 AM
Dec 2007
I didn't understand the barrage of NEETs. Weren't they all already saved? Akira met a guy back in episode four, I think, who was a part of the Dubai NEETs, and was even engaged.
Jun 13, 2009 10:53 AM
Mar 2009
Vipey said:
TWENTY THOUSAND NAKED MOTHA FUCKERS ON A BOAT

rofl yea i loled so hard at that part
Jun 13, 2009 10:53 AM
Dec 2008
Is there going to be another season?

There just isn't enough time for a winner to appear in just one episode left, right?
Jun 13, 2009 11:45 AM
Feb 2009
AMG~ last ep next week, sux it so short = >.<
Jun 13, 2009 12:23 PM

Aug 2007
krikara said:
Is there going to be another season?

There just isn't enough time for a winner to appear in just one episode left, right?
There's still the movie. Learn to read the previous posts.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 13, 2009 1:05 PM

Oct 2007
tsubasalover said:
Truth has been told.
Jun 13, 2009 1:25 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was made of sheer perfection. A shame that this series can't score a 11...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 13, 2009 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome! This anime is deff going unto my fav list.
Jun 13, 2009 2:44 PM

Apr 2009
That was a frickin' AWESOME episode! though i think this series went in a totally different direction than it appeared to be in the beginning. I honestly think this series should've been slower developing.

Jun 13, 2009 3:01 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode!

Seriously, this anime just keeps getting better by the minute.
Jun 13, 2009 3:46 PM
Jan 2009
Wow finally everything is explained, what a good episode! Wonder what made him erase his memories.....betray what?

And 20,000 NEETs naked! Oh yeah! LOL
Jun 13, 2009 4:54 PM

Nov 2007
I seriously don't know how this will all end, seeing as there's only one episode left. I suppose it will all end in a cliffhanger and we have to wait for the movie...

Awesome episode overall. Things are definitely becoming clearer now, although we still don't know the supporter's real identity. I can't wait for next week.
Jun 13, 2009 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
How exactly did the ones Akira save betray him?
Jun 13, 2009 6:05 PM

Jan 2009
ukiuki said:
my two cents

- the lady who brought in the empty bottle had the same voice as juiz, just not computerized
- juiz respond to number 1 "please become a messiah" and respond to akira "please continue being a messiah"

does that mean anything?

I wondered about that too... Perhaps Akira has already won the game, since he did save Tokyo from certain missile mayhem.

And Akira's imagined Juiz as a room full of girls with computers, ready to take his every command... Perhaps that champagne girl was a receptionist for Juiz, the super-computer? Even super-computers need an operator! Anybody ever thought that Juiz might be in fact a computer program?
Jun 13, 2009 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
WOW...I cannot wait to see how the last episode will complete. They fit a ton of information into that last episode!!! I'm starting to understand everything better. And I'm finding the episode title funny because it can mislead someone. ^_^
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Jun 13, 2009 9:09 PM

Jun 2007
Freaking EPIC episode. Loved it. :D
Jun 13, 2009 9:45 PM
May 2008
Well, it's good to know what really happened on "Careless Monday" but I'm more interested in Takizawa's past and whoever betrayed him. I have to say before the series started I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it has turned out to be amazing since episode one, easily in my top ten.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 13, 2009 10:18 PM

Aug 2008
Oh I know!
That Ato guy probably is "Juiz", Mr Outside and The Supporter, all at the same time!
He probably had his conscience synthesized into a supercomputer, Juiz.

If I'm wrong, then that's fine, I don't care, really :D

Anyway, I always thought Juiz to be something of that sort.
I mean, being the same concierge for 10 people 24/7, it's way too weird, right?

#12? If I'm wrong at the above hypothesis (which I'm most certainly am), then it's either Mr Outside or Juiz.
Vipey said:
TWENTY THOUSAND NAKED MOTHA FUCKERS ON A BOAT

An army of angry NEETs huh :3
Jun 13, 2009 10:57 PM

May 2008
Left too many questions unanswered. I hate this way of making us wait a whole week. Though, it'll be interesting to see what the 60 missiles will do.
Jun 14, 2009 12:26 AM

May 2007
Freaking epic episode, with still so many things that are left in the dark. I wonder if they can answer all those questions in the final episode or they'll leave us hanging for the movie. GAH.
Anyway, the whole thing with Juiz, #12, Mr Outsider and the Supporter is so confusing. They all can be the same person, really. I was kinda disappointed to hear Mr Outsider was dead (srsly was waiting for Akira to beat the crap outta him), but towards the end of the episode I started to doubt that? Maybe he's not dead yet, hm? We'll see.

LOL @ mad NEET army.

Jun 14, 2009 12:50 AM

May 2008
Wow,great episode if i must say^^ Akira meets up with Mononobe and they talk in the helicopter. Mononobe introduced Yuuki(Seleção 10) to Akira when they entered a building. But the ending was pretty good.
Jun 14, 2009 12:58 AM

Apr 2009
ukiuki said:
my two cents

does that mean anything?

I was thinking the same thing! I also think that Selecao guy with the red ring is lying about a few things. Just not sure what.
Jun 14, 2009 1:28 AM

Feb 2009
champagne girl's voice might be the one Juiz's was recorded from/modeled after.

and the NEET's are still at the mall? i thought they were moved somewhere?

ahh so many questions waiting to be answered...
Jun 14, 2009 3:07 AM

Jul 2007
SUDDENLY, JOHNNIES! THOUSANDS OF THEM!

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed this episode and was engrossed from start to finish, so many questions answered and so many new questions asked from the answers. The next episode is going to be an awesome race against time :3
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jun 14, 2009 3:30 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode. Champagne girl is Juiz quite probably. And NEET:s back in Japan? Quite confusing, let's see how the last episode will manage to clear things up. This is the kind of show which doesn't open completely at the first watch.
Jun 14, 2009 9:38 AM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:

Juiz is most likely member 12. Not only because she "supports" each member regardless of what they spend the money on but in episode 4 Mr. Outsider describes the supporter as someone who is "Enthusiastic to assist, but cruel when observing". It describes Juiz perfectly. She's always willing to help any of the members but as we learn more about the character and how they're using the money, you can sense her tone of voice changing negatively over time. Mr. Outsider also says "So called member 12" This could mean that 12 is not really a member but the system itself (ie. Juiz). So in the end any of the remaining 11 members could be killed by anyone but it would be the result of Juiz causing it. Look at the detective that was stabbed by his wife. It was a result of Juiz redirecting his message that was for his mistress to his wife.

Just my 2 cents.

that would also fit well with the whole soccer-analogy. Because there are eleven members in a team and not twelve. Though sometimes the fans are called the "12th member" and they are definately "Enthusiastic to assist [as in cheering], but cruel when observing [always criticizing]".
But mayber thats really a little overboard xD

I really liked the episode, was shocked when it had finished, because I thought that only 10 minutes had past until then. Looking foward too the next episode. Especially since I don't really have an idea what will happen now ^^°
Jun 14, 2009 9:48 AM

Sep 2008
Whoo~ One more episode to wrap things up.
Jun 14, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2008
A real eye opener this episode was! Finally some insight on "Who is Juiz?" Taki was clever to erase his memories *it's called strategy*. He'll win the game!
Jun 14, 2009 4:01 PM
Dec 2008
Ugh, I really can't wait until next week. I just hope the last episode doesn't disappoint.
Jun 14, 2009 4:21 PM

Feb 2009
WOW, awesome episode, so much revealed, i cant wait to see what Akira does now, and who or what is 12 and what are they up to? will the missiles hit? whats up with the return of the NEET's? argh, cant believe only 1 episode left, and the film, cant wait, this is a superb anime
Anime makes me smile!

:-)
Jun 14, 2009 5:28 PM
Jul 2007
maybe number 12 is Mr outsider himself, and he himself is the supporter.
Jun 14, 2009 6:09 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode :D
Jun 14, 2009 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
The series finale is going to be so awesome. Can't wait for the movie.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jun 14, 2009 7:02 PM

Apr 2009
Shit hit the fan. And im confused. Great episode.
Jun 14, 2009 8:42 PM

May 2008
I shat brix.
Jun 15, 2009 3:06 AM

Aug 2007
Can't wait for the next ep.. idk man all these are so confusing but I'm more inclined to think Juiz is #12 AND the Supporter. gogo Akira!

Jun 15, 2009 3:53 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode, now I like this anime, but just in the end >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2009 5:29 AM

May 2009
Fantastic episode. So much background revealed, yet more questions arise. Wonder what how Akira was betrayed. If I saw tens of thousands of naked guys storming the area, I'd get the hell out of there too. LOL.
Jun 15, 2009 12:45 PM

Jun 2008
OH MY

This was pretty intense. I don't want it to end, I want more Johnnies every day!
Jun 15, 2009 9:06 PM

Nov 2007
juu said:
DeathfireD said:

Just my 2 cents.

that would also fit well with the whole soccer-analogy. Because there are eleven members in a team and not twelve. Though sometimes the fans are called the "12th member" and they are definately "Enthusiastic to assist [as in cheering], but cruel when observing [always criticizing]".
But mayber thats really a little overboard xD

OMG you may just have it there....remember Ato Saizo was descrived as having an "unrivaled love for soccer" specially the brazilian one. wow this show keeps shocking me
Jun 16, 2009 4:50 AM

Jan 2009
Darkii said:
The NEETs were having sex.

Awesome shit.

LOL
Jun 16, 2009 8:04 AM

Apr 2009
Seleçao is a nickname for the Brazil national football team. :) ("the selected ones", in this case to join one of the strongest national footbal team of the world)

I can't remember whether anyone mentioned it or not, I'll drop it here for the ones who missed it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.