Forum Settings
Forums

Episode 10 of Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Leaked Before the Official Airing

New
Jun 3, 2009 10:11 PM

Feb 2008
The episode 10 of "Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~" was leaked to a video sharing website before the airing in Japan (May 4th, 12:15am CDT) and the official streaming on FUNimation channel (May 4th, 10:30am CDT). The simulcast of "One Piece" has been suspended due to the similar leak.

Source: Animecrazy.net
Related topic: One Piece Episode 403 Leaked Before Airing in Japan and US
dtshykJun 3, 2009 10:35 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2009 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
ShootTheBullet said:
And we thought they've learned their lesson...
Jun 3, 2009 10:23 PM

Sep 2007
Whats the chances that this is just promotional?
Jun 3, 2009 10:46 PM

Apr 2008
No comment on this, the similar post with One Piece I trolled... even though I don't watch anime with this form of media it still kind of pisses me off. It's going to be sad when FUNimation drops the simulcasting.
Jun 3, 2009 10:57 PM

May 2008
Loverhina said:
even though I don't watch anime with this form of media it still kind of pisses me off. It's going to be sad when FUNimation drops the simulcasting.

my sentiments exactly... though it might seem funny momentarily, this eventually ruins it for everyone

I am a banana.
Jun 3, 2009 11:07 PM
Oct 2008
There's really no defending Funimation for this happening twice. Who ever runs their website security sucks and obviously is clueless about how to prevent their videos being stolen. It seems they did very little these past few days to try and secure their videos so that they where not stolen.

As much as it is the fault of those actively pursuing to take these videos and put them up early, Funimation is just as or more at fault for having it publicly accessible twice even if it was for a few minutes. Some one got to it and now it's leaked onto the internet.

The biggest thing they should do is to not upload their videos before it airs in Japan if they can't maintain a secure server. They should really just stop with the simulcasts until they have their server fully secured because really this is just going to continue on and then very few companies are going to want to do simulcasts with them.

Their security maintenance obviously didn't help much because FMA 9 was leaked as well, before their scheduled stream.
Jun 3, 2009 11:55 PM

Sep 2008
saka said:
my sentiments exactly... though it might seem funny momentarily, this eventually ruins it for everyone

^ couldn't have said it better.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Jun 4, 2009 1:03 AM

Nov 2006
Way to go guys.
Jun 4, 2009 3:29 AM

Oct 2007
wtf!bitchs!

Jun 4, 2009 5:49 AM

Nov 2007
Why would they do something like this? Impatient people.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 4, 2009 6:09 AM

May 2008
Warll said:
Whats the chances that this is just promotional?

exactly what i was thinking >_>

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Jun 4, 2009 6:21 AM

Feb 2009
Capellabun said:
There's really no defending Funimation for this happening twice. Who ever runs their website security sucks and obviously is clueless about how to prevent their videos being stolen. It seems they did very little these past few days to try and secure their videos so that they where not stolen.

As much as it is the fault of those actively pursuing to take these videos and put them up early, Funimation is just as or more at fault for having it publicly accessible twice even if it was for a few minutes. Some one got to it and now it's leaked onto the internet.

The biggest thing they should do is to not upload their videos before it airs in Japan if they can't maintain a secure server. They should really just stop with the simulcasts until they have their server fully secured because really this is just going to continue on and then very few companies are going to want to do simulcasts with them.

Their security maintenance obviously didn't help much because FMA 9 was leaked as well, before their scheduled stream.

Yes, yes you're completely right.
Jun 4, 2009 6:27 AM

Nov 2007
Vizard said:
Why would they do something like this? Impatient people.

People have always been impatient. A few years ago you had to wait a week or more after airing til something was subbed. It wasn't uncommon for groups to fall behind several weeks, either.

Now, if something takes over two days after airing, it's "slow". And groups that can't maintain the pace lose all the downloaders which in turn tends to kill motivation for most people to do the work in the firstplace.

So yeah, if people can get something as soon as absolutely possible, regardless of airing or whatever, they will certainly do so.
Jun 4, 2009 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
Another one bites the dust.
Jun 4, 2009 7:38 AM

May 2008
Yamo10 said:
wtf!bitchs!
Jun 4, 2009 8:00 AM

Apr 2007
Funimation might as well close down at this rate. :|

Jun 4, 2009 8:06 AM

May 2008
& I thought 4Kids was in a bad situation...

Jun 4, 2009 8:10 AM

May 2007
DAMN IT FUNIMATION STOP IT

I like simulcast streaming.
My anime list
Jun 4, 2009 8:20 AM

Oct 2007
Goddamn motherfucking pirates. Go to hell.

Cue flaming and hatred.
You can find me on IRC.
Jun 4, 2009 9:26 AM

Dec 2008
Good job, HorribleSubs.
Jun 4, 2009 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
its the world we live in.
Jun 4, 2009 9:37 AM

Nov 2007
It happened again... And I thought they improved security after the first leakage, but I guess I was wrong.

I'll just see what happens next.
Jun 4, 2009 10:20 AM

Apr 2008
damnit, couldn't get the torrent.
Jun 4, 2009 10:33 AM

Oct 2008
way to go guys! i hope this happens more and funimation can burn in the hole its digging for itself.

im sorry but did i hear of companies licensing midseason, releasing absolute shit quality videos and subs and then blaming fansubs because they do it 10x better? i think i did

screw all you guys who are all butthurt over "this is gonna ruin it for everyone" yeah right. go read up on video resolution and coding and go download an episode. tards.
Jun 4, 2009 10:40 AM

Feb 2008
Why the hell must FUNimation be so ridiculously bad at internet security? Way to ruin anime simulcasting for the foreseeable future.

I guess I shouldn't care, it's not like I could see those streams before anyway...
Jun 4, 2009 12:16 PM
Oct 2008
All of those saying that Funimation is going to burn because of this have no idea what they are talking about. As far as simulcast streaming goes, it will probably still happen just not with Funimation since they can't seem to keep their videos secure.

As far as things go, even with the One Piece leak they still have the license and not having internet streams isn't going to cause them to go out of business. I doubt they are making millions from those internet advertisements and the fate of their company isn't reliant on the simulcasts. That and as far as I know, they aren't heading anywhere near bankruptcy so this probably has little effect on them as a whole.
Jun 4, 2009 12:16 PM

Mar 2008
Yep it's not enough FUNimation simulcasts the stream the day of the Japanese broadcast, no FANS JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW! Makes you wonder why anyone even calls themselves a fan if they won't bother giving some support to it.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jun 4, 2009 12:48 PM

Jul 2008
somehow someone has been able to leak these videos before the station? how? and i can understand wanting to see a show, but if you need illegal means to see it like that, then thats a big no no >_<
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 4, 2009 1:09 PM

Oct 2008
illegal? no. no no no no. funimation stepped in halfway through and said if you live in america you cant see the show until we say you can and you cant watch the show in full HD resolution until we release the DVD's and charge you 55 dollars for 3 episodes because we're a bunch of greedy bastards. what funimation is doing should be illegal and all because the money talks, everyone else turns a blind eye. i dont really care how funimation gets screwed as long as they get whats coming to them, open your eyes people.
Jun 4, 2009 1:21 PM
Apr 2009
funimation can rot for all i care
Jun 4, 2009 1:21 PM

May 2007
jerseyse410 said:
illegal? no. no no no no. funimation stepped in halfway through and said if you live in america you cant see the show until we say you can and you cant watch the show in full HD resolution until we release the DVD's and charge you 55 dollars for 3 episodes because we're a bunch of greedy bastards. what funimation is doing should be illegal and all because the money talks, everyone else turns a blind eye. i dont really care how funimation gets screwed as long as they get whats coming to them, open your eyes people.

I think this is Funi's fault but I am going to go through and point the false statements...

1.They never said it would be available worldwide, Funimation is an American based anime company, made to release anime in America, not Denmark, Poland, or even the UK where apperantly you can watch.

2.Funimation releases One Piece in 13 episode sets at $ 50 each, here is a link to one such set http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/2bjtq5trgvfVF0im-w/browse/item/78085/4/0/0 , you mistaken Funimation for a Japanese anime company

3.Selling material acquired through an agreement with a Japanese studio should be illegal, really?

4.What is coming to them, how do they screw the fans?
My anime list
Jun 4, 2009 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
We need more leaks!
Jun 4, 2009 1:44 PM

Feb 2008
mitamaking said:
2.Funimation releases One Piece in 13 episode sets at $ 50 each, here is a link to one such set http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/2bjtq5trgvfVF0im-w/browse/item/78085/4/0/0 , you mistaken Funimation for a Japanese anime company
That's still about 4 times too much. It should be around $1 per episode, and around $1.5 for BD, when that eventually arrives.
Jun 4, 2009 1:57 PM
Oct 2008
jerseyse410 said:
illegal? no. no no no no. funimation stepped in halfway through and said if you live in america you cant see the show until we say you can and you cant watch the show in full HD resolution until we release the DVD's and charge you 55 dollars for 3 episodes because we're a bunch of greedy bastards. what funimation is doing should be illegal and all because the money talks, everyone else turns a blind eye. i don't really care how funimation gets screwed as long as they get whats coming to them, open your eyes people.

Either you pulled that number out of nowhere or you shop at some website or store that is ripping you off because I highly doubt that is accurate. Funimation does not release single dvds for $55, maybe $23, $20 $25, and $30 if it's a special edition release but never $55. Most of their single DVDs contain 4-5 episodes which honestly is a lot more then what you would get from a Japanese single release. They've hardly been releasing single dvd releases, I've seen maybe 3-5 titles as single releases but lately they've mainly been releasing half season and full season boxsets.

You'll rarely even find a boxset for that much from Funimation unless you're buying it from Amazon since their prices fluctuate every few days. Rightstuf a site that is directly listed from Funimation's website as their online store and has most of their singles in their bargain bin for less then $10. That and almost every month they have some Funimation sale where you can get their stuff 40% off.

I won't even bother addressing the rest of your post since most of your claims are baseless and have already been addressed by someone else. Funimation hasn't done anything illegal, they really aren't doing much different then what the Japanese companies have been doing.

kuroshiroi said:
mitamaking said:
That's still about 4 times too much. It should be around $1 per episode, and around $1.5 for BD, when that eventually arrives.

Even so, $50 is the MSRP price and rightstuf (and any other site)rarely ever lists those One Piece boxsets at full price. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in a few months it where around $20 if it follows the trend of the DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho boxsets.

That and this is much less then what you would pay in Japan.
AvoideaJun 4, 2009 2:02 PM
Jun 4, 2009 2:36 PM

Feb 2008
Capellabun said:
That and this is much less then what you would pay in Japan.
Just because the Japanese get screwed over doesn't mean everybody else should... :)

I have a hard time justifying buying 4 hours of anime for $50 when I can get 16 hours of a live-action show for the same price. Lowering anime prices would probably not proportionally increase sales, so it's tough.
Jun 4, 2009 2:45 PM

May 2007
Most people just torrent anyway, I dont see what the big deal is...
Jun 4, 2009 2:47 PM

Nov 2008
www.horriblesubs.org are the source not animecrazy
giganoBragoJun 4, 2009 2:58 PM
Jun 4, 2009 2:53 PM

Jun 2007
There are a lot of factors in dertimeing the price of a DVD, imports also have to pay a tax which can drive up the price. Anyways, I am happy with streaming video and simalcast, even though I hate the subs they put one.

I love hearing onii-chan, and reading a sub that says "hey you". It is not quite the same, I mean they move away from the literal translations of the work to reach a broader audience to sell more material. Sell-outs, but no means doing anything illeage, and while not my favorite company, they still seem to be going strong while others are dropping like flies.

On the leak, Shame on the hackers and Shame on FUNinmation. Cant we all just get along and enjoy the official releases. Though It would be nice if they could drop the price on stuff, I can no longer afford buying it as much as I use too.
Jun 4, 2009 2:58 PM

Feb 2008
nobleman83 said:
On the leak, Shame on the hackers and Shame on FUNinmation.
Just so we're clear, nobody was hacking anything. Downloading the episodes from FUNimation's unsecure servers isn't illegal, it's only illegal to share the episodes after downloading them.
Jun 4, 2009 3:03 PM

Jun 2007
kuroshiroi said:
nobleman83 said:
Just so we're clear, nobody was hacking anything. Downloading the episodes from FUNimation's unsecure servers isn't illegal, it's only illegal to share the episodes after downloading them.

If its not meant to be release, it is taken illegally. I do not know the full story and how do you know that it was completely unsecured. I doubt FUNimation is that much of an idoit, but one never knows. I do not see anything that points to it was taken off of an unsecure server. Though I secede it might have happen that way since I dont want to look it up right now, and probably wont read anything on it if you send it.
Jun 4, 2009 3:17 PM
Jun 4, 2009 3:36 PM
Jul 2008
lolz, seems like a trendy fad nowadays
Jun 4, 2009 4:03 PM
Oct 2008
nobleman83 said:
kuroshiroi said:
nobleman83 said:

If its not meant to be release, it is taken illegally. I do not know the full story and how do you know that it was completely unsecured. I doubt FUNimation is that much of an idoit, but one never knows. I do not see anything that points to it was taken off of an unsecure server. Though I secede it might have happen that way since I dont want to look it up right now, and probably wont read anything on it if you send it.

From my understanding it was on a unsecured server which could have easily been accessed by changing the number of the episode or something along those lines. I'm not sure exactly, since I haven't tried it myself but from what I know it was pretty simple and easy to get to. Those, however, where the circumstances for the One Piece leak.

I don't think it's been revealed whether or not the Phantom Requiem episode or the FMA episode where accessed the same way. Either way Funimation has a serious problem that they need to fix :/

I kind of agree with kuroshiroi though, I'm not sure if it's illegal to take it from an unsecured server but it is illegal to distribute it. We'll see though, I don't think anyone has been caught yet and even if they where I wonder how much Funimation can do especially if they live outside of the US.
Jun 4, 2009 4:49 PM

Mar 2008
If they live outside of the U.S. it would be out of any jurisdiction. I doubt any country would extradite for video piracy either.

FUNimation doesn't have any other say as to where they go. It's the Japanese producers who sell of the license, so go bitch to them. Yeah of course they're not going to stream in Blu-Ray HD quality, they want you to BUY The product. If your to cheap to get a job and buy something than that's your problem. Or they could offer a paid subscription which kind of defeats the purpose of "try before you buy" and free simulcast.

And they hardly sell anything for $50 for one or two episodes. $25-26 at most for three to four and sometimes five episodes. Of course prices are high because it's expensive to produce anime on both sides of the ocean. It's a good thousand per episode in Japan. Besides the Japanese pay around the same as Americans and they get even fewer, not to mention a TV Tax for NHK.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jun 4, 2009 6:05 PM
Jun 2008
Who would want to see that anime earlier than the actual air date?
Jun 4, 2009 6:31 PM

Jun 2007
Capellabun said:
nobleman83 said:
kuroshiroi said:
nobleman83 said:

From my understanding it was on a unsecured server which could have easily been accessed by changing the number of the episode or something along those lines. I'm not sure exactly, since I haven't tried it myself but from what I know it was pretty simple and easy to get to. Those, however, where the circumstances for the One Piece leak.

I don't think it's been revealed whether or not the Phantom Requiem episode or the FMA episode where accessed the same way. Either way Funimation has a serious problem that they need to fix :/

I kind of agree with kuroshiroi though, I'm not sure if it's illegal to take it from an unsecured server but it is illegal to distribute it. We'll see though, I don't think anyone has been caught yet and even if they where I wonder how much Funimation can do especially if they live outside of the US.

If it is truly unsecured even I might have to agree with kuroshiroi, however, if there was any manipulation of the data to retrieve the file other then what is the intended purpose, it is a hack to some degree or at least I would think so. If I could just go to that page and there it is, well then FUNimation would be a bigger idiot then I would have expected.

Tehnominator, crazed fans would want to see that anime earlier then the release date, people that have no patations or think there is sometime special to seeing the show before the official release.
Jun 4, 2009 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
I saw the torrent yesterday... so I was waiting for something like this to pop-up.
I wonder what the future hold for Funi...

Static said:
Intarwebz 2 - Funi 0

You know it.
Jun 4, 2009 11:06 PM

Apr 2008
jerseyse410 said:
way to go guys! i hope this happens more and funimation can burn in the hole its digging for itself.

im sorry but did i hear of companies licensing midseason, releasing absolute shit quality videos and subs and then blaming fansubs because they do it 10x better? i think i did

screw all you guys who are all butthurt over "this is gonna ruin it for everyone" yeah right. go read up on video resolution and coding and go download an episode. tards.

YOU ARE DUMB .... *CAPTIOL LETTERS FOR TRUTH* *lower case letters for bad english*
Jun 5, 2009 1:32 AM

Jul 2007
Another one, its only afew days surely people could just wait >_<
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

3 by deg »»
1 minute ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

21 by andragosha »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by ST63LTH »»
Today, 7:09 AM

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Today, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.