Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2008 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
Nobody died = 5/10 :D
Worse thing than crappy shonen is crappy crypto-shonen with psychological/horror aspirations.
Dec 31, 2008 11:09 AM
Mar 2008
As some people already said, first 6 episodes were great, but then it became worst and worst, terrible I'd say. It's such a shame, I had high hopes for this anime =/
Dec 31, 2008 11:38 AM

Aug 2007
It got really worse in the later episodes... The start was okay from episode one, but slowly the tension became more and more kiddy, while I think that this show won't be watched by a kid. Come on, it's supposed to be more seinen, not a weak shounen version. They really made a lot of this series for the wrong audience. Perhaps the DVD will be the resolution.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 31, 2008 1:00 PM
Oct 2007
my god.. what a fucking waste of time.
Dec 31, 2008 1:40 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Metro said:
my god.. what a fucking waste of time.
Exactly.

This final episode made me lower the score once more. It had potential in the beginning but terribly failed along the way. The animation was consistent and the OP rather good, but everything else just sucked.

4/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 31, 2008 1:43 PM

Mar 2008
Nice ending, i'm a bit surprised by this "good" ending. So in the end, the real Takumi died, but his thoughts merged into Taku... Expected and somehow logical.

It's a really a shame the bugdet was low, the animation wasn't really great. The idea was excellent, now i'll play the game :)
Dec 31, 2008 4:10 PM

Jun 2007
I'm not even going to explain why since its all the reasons people stated above.
5/10
So glad its finished -_-

Dec 31, 2008 4:47 PM

Jan 2008
noteDhero said:
Just because you throw in some anti-matter, and dead spots, and make up some words does not mean that you have created a logical world, plot, characters, or goals.

very true. too many things were like WTF this makes no sense. it had potential but they fucked it.
Dec 31, 2008 8:40 PM

Nov 2006
What the fuck was that? This show is easily one of the worst I've seen.
Dec 31, 2008 9:18 PM

Oct 2008
the fuk if taku dies? who cares!? hahah!

Jan 1, 2009 1:20 AM

Jun 2007
hirahira said:
the first part of the episode wasn't too bad and the delusions were amusing but after that it got so incredibly lame.

seeing Taku be badass for once was okay but the bad guy was so pathetic in the end. and I can't believe they kept Taku alive. if they had killed him off then the ending wouldn't have been so bad. And the ending song annoyed me 10x more than it usually does.

this episode gets 2/5

this anime was a huge disappointment but I'm going to go ahead and give it a 5.7/10. (6/10)

I agree! I was looking forward to a real mind fuck series where we constantly question whats real and whats not but in-staid we're given some super natural ESP cognitive bullshit half way through. Extremely disappointed in the ending! Rushed isn't even a good enough word to explain how fast and jumbled up this ending was. They could have at least extended this to a 13 episode series and given it a better ending.

O well, not sure what to give the show yet since I liked the first half but disliked the ending portion...
Jan 1, 2009 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
It was a good show but kind of got disappointed with EP 10+
I felt like it was too rushed.

Any after a few mins of conversing with Shogun he suddenly became badass?
No character progression for the early to late episodes then a few mins *BOOM*. I'm Takumi badass.. Right.. Fail..

Gave it a 7/10 but I might reconsider and drop it to 6/10.
Jan 1, 2009 3:43 AM

Feb 2008
Seems like everybody thought this sucked, and I have to agree. What the fuck happened to it? Episode one looked interesting but it just got worse and worse.

Went from a 7 to a 5 after these last episodes.
Jan 1, 2009 5:15 AM
Apr 2008
T0sh1k1 said:
well it was pretty good, disappointed that the spike torture scene was done like that. It would have been way more awesome if we could see it properly. Also lack of blood when fighting Seira was bit of a let down as well.
wrapped it up pretty nicely I think. 7/10 from me.
I disagree. T_T Gore is scary, and the way it was done was already enough to make me sick to my stomach. Unless it was done really explicitly in the game. In which case my disapproval of censorship wins out against my scared cat tendencies.

I wish they had more time, and money. This could have used it.
Jan 1, 2009 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
It seems that it is the old tradition… animes established in games are not very good… but I had hope on this! :(
Jan 1, 2009 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
i'm probably one of the rare people who thought this series was brilliant. I do think it got to clique (but there's plenty of other clique endings out there) by the last 2 episodes but the first 10 i found amazing. This anime was very unique, the main character was very different and i liked that though he turned into your clique character by the end but oh well i kind of expected that to happen. I think they explained everything very well by the end instead of leaving tons of things unanswered which series sometimes do and get a lot of complaints for doing so.

I do ind the censorship of the series a let down but i don't blame them either. They wanted to aim at more of an audience and anime's don't usually get that gory anyway so it's a bit unfair to complain.

I'm going to say it again, people should stop comparing. I know its hard for people who have played the game ( i haven't) but this isn't the game and it should be judged by the quality of the series not comparison. Every adaptation is never as good as the original and im sick of seeing people complain on every single adaptation series, can't people figure it out that it will never be as good???

overall i give this series a 9/10 :)
Jan 2, 2009 1:13 AM

Jun 2007
Just because Taku didn't die it drops from a 6/10 to a 4/10 :D

Jan 2, 2009 1:44 AM
Mar 2008
Happy I got this off my watching list finally. Would give it a 4 for the inconsistent animation, horrible execution, effed up explanations that are normally easy to understand but get complicated so in the end you don't understand anything at all...you think, and a male lead that in the end still wasn't "cool" because he was pathetic for sooo long lol. Random, but Delusion Taku reminded me of Appleseed with Briariereos' clone. I wanted Shogun to be healed and get Rimi and his sister lol, he was way cooler imo. Hopefully that final power was just him incarnating himself within Taku, but I'm guess it was just his memories? Overall gave it a 6 for cute girls lol.
Jan 2, 2009 3:16 AM

May 2008
DISAPPOINTMENT! T_T

- needed more development
- more details about every major character (major= the girls ^_^)
- more gore
- more fight scenes (details about each sword, their uniqueness!?!?)
- more events (happenings/episodes?)
- a second op perhaps?
- and especially more of the following:
> Rimi
> Sena
> Kozue (Kozu-pii !!!)
> Nanami
> Seira-tan
> Ayase
> Yua
Jan 2, 2009 6:34 AM
Jun 2008
DizzyX said:
WTF. IMO.

my thoughts exactly.
Jan 2, 2009 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
kianbung said:
DizzyX said:
WTF. IMO.

my thoughts exactly.

ditto.

still, it WAS a good series albeit a mindfuck one. i just didnt like how they ended with that ending scene. it was too "wait...was that it? lemme check after the creds...oh shi---"

still, at least they got off explaining most of the stuff(i'm assuming there's a lot more to it in the game, which i havent played and i doubt i will). i had to struggle with the last few eps though - i kept falling asleep either due to it being bored or i was just tired or both. (i marathoned 9-12)

in any case, the series gets at least a 7 from me. pretty generous of me indeed but yeah. maybe if they didnt censor stuff that much, i wouldve given it a 9 or so. plus i never actually got to undersstand WTF happened to nanami's hand, which suddenly appeared ok again..not to mention how she was able to escape was weird..although i may just have forgotten already since i kept fallign asleep
Jan 2, 2009 12:19 PM

Sep 2008
the last episode so suck
n the whole series not impress me too much

6/10
Jan 2, 2009 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
magentaanbu said:
Just because Taku didn't die it drops from a 6/10 to a 4/10 :D

then play the game to see him die =)
Jan 3, 2009 10:31 AM

Nov 2007
3/10, terrible

- the storyline was... bad
- sci-fi bullshit to explain the whole thing
- everything watered down. really no gore, no paranoia (and i haven't even played the game)
- the art was shaky, character designs were standard
- awful characters. the only one close to likeable was rimi. villains were laughable. bad characterization - in episode 11 he randomly becomes a hero in 5 seconds after he's been a pussy for 10 episodes
- HORRIBLY mixed music "to make you know how you should feel". well, no.

OP was the only good thing, and maybe the first episode
Jan 3, 2009 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
haha gg taku.

5/10
Jan 3, 2009 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
...I liked the series as a whole. Not nearly as effing awesome as the game was, but still. I like what I like.

That being said, I didn't like this episode much. The ending was kinda sweet, though.
[TAKU LOOKED KINDA HOT WTF]

Overall, the series gets a 7/10. I liked it, even if it was sort of a dissapointment.
Jan 3, 2009 7:36 PM
Feb 2008
well, chaos;head is over. i liked the series, but there were some flaws. the first 7 or so episodes were not so fast paced, and they had alot of mystery, we had no idea what was goign on. but then after that, it kinda declined. the episodes got extremely fast paced, adn sometimes it was so fast that what was going on didn't make sense until you watched that part again. this was even more amplified in the last 3 episodes.

but, i liked it, if only for the first episodes
Jan 3, 2009 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
This anime sucks so hard it could have got a golf ball through a garden hose
Jan 3, 2009 8:51 PM

Jun 2007
This series could have been much better, but I seemed to enjoy it still. The premise is quite alluring to me, so I guess that's why it held my attention. It's got a 7 out of me so far, although it might go down to a 6.

I liked the characters. I kind of wish they had been examined closer, as they are not as well-rounded as I would like, but they were likeable nonetheless (for the most part). Even Takumi, who annoyed the hell out of me for most of the series, started to grow on me. Which was completely thrown out of the window when he started doing his 'Neo' impression (Aha! I've just realised suddenly that I have complete control of this world, so I'll act like a bad ass out of nowhere). He was cool, I guess, but it hardly seemed like the same character any more.

There was a noticeable decline towards the end of the series. The whole thing just seemed completely rushed, which just blew away the whole atmosphere of tension and paranoia that made the first few episodes so good. It was like switching the tension caused by a car teetering on the edge of a cliff to the panic caused by a car stalled on the tracks just as the express train is about to arrive.

The ending...Well, it wasn't horrible, but it was hardly a masterpiece either. I have no problem with a happy ending after all that, but sell it a bit more, you know? Don't just throw a "And they lived happily ever after" scenario at me and expect me to be happy. What of the consequences of all that happened? To what standard of 'normality' do their lives return to after this incident? It would have been nice to explore these things briefly at the end just to sew things up a little.

I'll definitely check out the visual novel when the English patch is ready to roll. In fact, my score for this anime could quite likely drop if I find out that the story could have been much better.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jan 3, 2009 9:15 PM

Jun 2008
I doubt they lived happily ever after. their city was pretty much destroyed.
Jan 3, 2009 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
hirahira said:
I doubt they lived happily ever after. their city was pretty much destroyed.

They fixed the city by combining their delusions.

It was something that Rimi mentioned in eps 9 or 10? Real booting.

This series started with a great mystery/comedy vibe, and felt quite unique. But the middle episodes lost that aura and barely kept the story intact. For the finale, everything felt rushed and somewhat out of place.

A shame this series lost the "character" it had at the beginning...Reminds me of Claymore's (anime) decline.
Jan 3, 2009 11:07 PM

Nov 2007
All in all, I'd rather prefer if it was something like an "Aoi" ending...
Jan 4, 2009 3:20 AM
Jul 2008
i want to play the game where can i get it?
Jan 4, 2009 6:35 AM
Dec 2007
Wow, THAT was an ending. Perfect pacing and coherent plot in the end (if you like it or not, it's just a matter of preference then), that create a very fine and conclusive (for once) ending. There were a lot of different scenes in this episode : some touching, some badass, some informative, but everythinf was really, really well done. Overall a great ending episode, and by far the best I've seen lately (well, the other ones, allison and lillia, ef melodies, Kurozuka and Mai Otome Sifr were not exactly interesting or well build either), that enhances the series it has been created for. Rare but true.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 4, 2009 10:58 PM

May 2008
I really thought it was a unique and captivating anime in its own way. 9/10
Jan 5, 2009 1:23 AM

Apr 2008
It failed my expectations for the series. I won't compare this to the game since I haven't played it yet.

The female characters were moe. I also love how badass they become when wielding a Di-Sword...I hate Takumi, he's also an asshole. His development is one of the worst I've seen.

The female characters(from art to traits) were wasted. I should put Rimi and Sena(Orihara's good too) in my favorites but the story progression keeps me from it.

Overall 7/10 (I'm using a 5-scale basis. Anything below 5 is worse than the worst)
SylpheedJan 5, 2009 1:26 AM

Jan 6, 2009 10:31 PM

Dec 2008
Sylpheed said:
It failed my expectations for the series.

This applies to me too. The story seemed to be interesting, and I was drawn in during the first episodes that were aired, but the anime just did not keep up the inertia. In the end, I thought that this series could of been a lot better. And the ending was just too simple, while the series is complex.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 7, 2009 7:54 AM

Apr 2008
Lunatic-kr said:
Sylpheed said:

This applies to me too. The story seemed to be interesting, and I was drawn in during the first episodes that were aired, but the anime just did not keep up the inertia. In the end, I thought that this series could of been a lot better. And the ending was just too simple, while the series is complex.

That's the phrase I'm trying to materialize. The ending is simple but the series is very complex. Anyway, I hated the idea of "Silent Weapons". Di-Swords should have a different function and turn the Silent Weapons down and change it to a new concept. The epic bad ass swords and characters were wasted >< That's my opinion XD

Jan 7, 2009 12:10 PM

Dec 2008
Sylpheed said:
Lunatic-kr said:
Sylpheed said:

That's the phrase I'm trying to materialize.

Materialize? Like a di-sword perhaps? hmm?? ahah.
Looks like we have the same opinion on this then :]

Jan 7, 2009 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
WTF was that?

The episode (as well as the whole anime) sucked hard.

I mean, srsly, it was a string together of bullshit... >_>

4/10... because I liked the ED Song.
Jan 8, 2009 7:34 AM

Feb 2008
10 good episodes 1 mediocre episode and a bad ending is what i got from this show 7/10
Jan 8, 2009 10:32 AM

Apr 2008
De-JaY said:
WTF was that?

The episode (as well as the whole anime) sucked hard.

I mean, srsly, it was a string together of bullshit... >_>

4/10... because I liked the ED Song.

Same here lol. This ending is one of the worst I've seen.

Jan 9, 2009 11:01 PM
Nov 2007
Does anybody notice this scene? Look where the the thing pierce into Takumi? XD

kongJan 9, 2009 11:13 PM
Jan 10, 2009 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
Terrible. In the end this show was just a harem with a bunch of lame sci-fi gobbledy-gook on top and cool swords. Voice acting was bad, art was bad, music was bad (did you hear that when Takumi and Norose started fighting...laughable), everything was bad except for the initial concept that we saw in the first episode. Nothing ever made sense. Just because you throw in some anti-matter, and dead spots, and make up some words does not mean that you have created a logical world, plot, characters, or goals. I can't believe how much they tried to explain stuff away and never actually made sense of anything. Poor. I definitely hated this episode.

The show is getting either a 2 or 3 for me.

It gets a 5/10 from me since the first couple of episodes were quite good imo. Otherwise I totally agree with you ;)
Jan 12, 2009 12:18 PM

Dec 2008
The ending was... *hits self over the head with a skillet*

I wanted Sena to be the hero LOL..GAH!
Kagami: Whatever slackenstein, I'll see ya tom'w
Jan 18, 2009 2:16 PM

Feb 2008
i have to say the ending isn't nearly as exciting as the initial episodes. it got to soggy and well, lame. there isn't really too much to say about this show after an ending like that.
Jan 20, 2009 4:12 PM

Dec 2008
Ugh... if this series had a better ending, I think that all of us would appreciate this anime even more. The start was actually really good. OF course, this is my opinion.

Jan 22, 2009 12:56 PM

Aug 2007
I feel that the ending wasn't satisfying. (Like, how did the normal people see the results of these events in the end?)
Feb 1, 2009 3:34 AM

Nov 2007
Happy endings eh?

Was trying to put this off till I completed the game but I lost interest in that, so finished the anime instead :-D

Opinion is much the same as many others here, was enjoying this show right up until the whole delusional fighting thing got mixed in, which was extra lame.

Theres very little connectivity with the events, the whole New Gene thing gets forgotten in favour of generic bad guy with doom machine(tm)

5/10, and thats me being generous because it had a good OP and insert song
Feb 2, 2009 12:50 PM

Jan 2008
Bah, I pretty liked it >D
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

1 by xXGoreGrinderXx »»
Apr 24, 12:07 AM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

97 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.