El Psy Kongroo
Hi! Call me Ben or BP.
Thanks for viewing my profile! If you couldn't tell, Steins;Gate is my all time favorite anime. Kurisu is my #1.
To get some background about me, I actually started seriously 'watching' anime around 2012. I was born in 1992 so as of typing this, I'm 29. I saw episodes of early 2000's anime like Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, etc, but when they were on TV on like Toonami. I liked Pokemon and other dubbed shows growing up, but I never watched something from start to finish. I was like, these characters are cool, but I wasn't all that big into anime. I did love video games and was more into that at the time.
The very first show I decided to pick up and watch from the beginning up until it went week by week was Naruto. This was maybe like 2006 or 2007? Then I picked up Bleach. I started talking more about anime and some friends suggested I watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and that was my first non-shonen jump anime I ever watched. I've never seen anything like it. Naruto and Bleach made me want to learn Japanese, Haruhi made me want to learn the culture so I took Japanese classes in high school.
I was pretty busy though, I would still rather play video games in my free time. So I only made time to just watch Naruto and Bleach every week and anime wasn't so big to me just yet.
Fast forward to after high school, 2012. I started talking to, who is now my wife, who asked me what I was doing up so late, and I just told her I was watching Naruto. She was really big into anime and she's actually the one who got me into MAL and suggested a bunch of things I should watch.
And that's when it all happened. I looked up shows that I find interesting and I binged watch many from start to finish.
So getting that in your head, many of my favorite shows are pretty recent as I haven't watched too much, and it's just a little hard for me to go back and watch older shows. I say the same thing for video games, it's just hard for me to play older games that I missed, even though I know they're "good".
Anyways, let's get on to how I rate my shows. I usually only complete shows I actually enjoy so my median is pretty high. I am slowly starting to watch more shows out of my comfort zone though.
- A 10 is very rare, they're pretty much just my favorite anime. Those shows will never be beaten, however there may be a show that gets put up there.
- A 9 is an amazing show to me. Something that isn't perfect, but rarely had any problems. Or it was so amazing of a show it could have been a 10 but something dragged it back down to a 9, which can actually be a very big reason, enough to drop it down a point.
- An 8 is a great show to me. Something that I liked a lot. It got me very invested. Has its ups and downs.
- A 7 is a good show to me. It's not great, but not bad either. I watched it, and I had a decent time, maybe I had some problems, or just some stuff I didn't like, but I still stuck through, which is a 7 for me. I'm not upset I watched it, but it could have been better.
- A 6 is an okay or not so good show to me. Some of these shows started off pretty good, and just either left a bad taste in my mouth or was just kind of boring. It also could be a show where I can just name a few problems that I had. If I just start naming a lot of things I didn't like (but I still ended up watching the whole thing), it's probably a 6.
- A 5 used to be a pretty bad score but now I'm slowly making this more 'average'. With the 5's I have, it's most likely a show I was forced to watch and ended up not liking it that much. I was able to watch and understand it, but something I don't really care for. Middle of the ground for me.
- A 4 is something that I just didn't like. I was interested, but disappointed. Something I couldn't connect with. Pretty bad.
- A 3 is a waste of time, a complete disappointment. Not many positives, if at all.
- A 2 is an even bigger waste of time. Maybe I question myself, why did I even watch this?
- A 1 is trash. Garbage. Don't watch.
My Top 10 Female Video Game Characters
Since I already have my favorite anime female characters, here are my video game ones! My rule is one per series/franchise.
Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)
Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
Tharja (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Diana (League of Legends)
Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia)
Yelan (Genshin Impact)
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep)
All Favorites Favorites
- Steins;Gate TV·2011
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu TV·2016
- Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season TV·2020
- Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai TV·2018
- Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu TV·2021
- Durarara!! TV·2010
- Boku dake ga Inai Machi TV·2016
- Psycho-Pass TV·2012
- Death Parade TV·2015
- Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song TV·2021
- Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) TV·2015
- Toradora! TV·2008
- 86 TV·2021
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann TV·2007
- No Game No Life TV·2014
- Id:Invaded TV·2020
- Hataraku Maou-sama! TV·2013
- Angel Beats! TV·2010
- Overlord TV·2015
- Paripi Koumei TV·2022
- Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. Manga·2016
- Domestic na Kanojo Manga·2014
- Shingeki no Kyojin Manga·2009
- Oyasumi Punpun Manga·2007
- Boku dake ga Inai Machi Manga·2012
- Naruto Manga·1999
- Yakusoku no Neverland Manga·2016
- Kuzu no Honkai Manga·2012
- Sundome Manga·2006
- Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Light Novel·2014
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Light Novel·2014
- Makise, Kurisu Steins;Gate
- Zero Two Darling in the FranXX
- Tachibana, Rui Domestic na Kanojo
- Sakurajima, Mai Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
- Migurdia, Roxy Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
- Sturluson, Celty Durarara!!
- Zoë, Hange Shingeki no Kyojin
- Karsten, Crusch Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
- Konan Naruto: Shippuuden
- Milizé, Vladilena 86
- Jibril No Game No Life
- Kuchiki, Rukia Bleach
- Kochou, Shinobu Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Zenin, Maki Jujutsu Kaisen (TV)
- Dustiness Ford, Lalatina Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
- Temari Naruto
- Vivy Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
- Kuroyukihime Accel World
- Nakiri, Alice Shokugeki no Souma
- Shinozaki, Rika Sword Art Online