Anime & Manga News

Additional Cast Announced for 'Taboo Tattoo' TV Anime

by arsonal
May 26, 2016 2:54 AM | 10 Comments
The July 2016 issue of Media Factory's Comic Alive magazine, which will go on sale on May 27, has announced additional cast members for the Summer 2016 anime Taboo Tattoo. The adaptation of Shinjirou's battle action manga will begin airing on July 5 at 2:05 a.m. on TV Tokyo, followed by BS Japan and AT-X.

Cast
Aryabhata: Akari Kito (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
Iltutmish: Shiori Izawa (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
R. R. Lurker: Kenjirou Tsuda (Gangsta.)

Source: Yaraon

10 Comments Recent Comments

HecticLeo said:
aikaflip said:
If the manga had ecchi, the anime should have it as well. Studios shouldn't diverge too far from the vision of the original creator(s) for the sake of political correctness. Adaptations should be as faithful as possible. Besides, if you're offended by fanservice, and just want to see martial arts, there are plenty of other, probably better, anime that you could check out (eg. Seirei no Moribito).

Perhaps I used the wrong words. I just hope that the fanservice doesn't go overboard and detract from the show if you catch my drift. I don't know how much fanservice the manga has and it could just be that my expectations are wrong.

I understand what you mean. But we have to remember that different shows are made for different people. Some people don't like fanservice; some people do like it. For those who don't, Taboo Tattoo might not be for them, just as Seirei no Moribito might not be for those who do like it.

symbiotic said:
HecticLeo said:

Perhaps I used the wrong words. I just hope that the fanservice doesn't go overboard and detract from the show if you catch my drift. I don't know how much fanservice the manga has and it could just be that my expectations are wrong.

Honestly in my opinion I do think the fanservice is over excessive, I mean just look at this image this is a regular occurrence in the manga.

(...)

Maybe I've been desensitized, but that doesn't look bad to me at all. I've seen worse.

May 27, 2016 2:32 PM by aikaflip

symbiotic said:
HecticLeo said:


Perhaps I used the wrong words. I just hope that the fanservice doesn't go overboard and detract from the show if you catch my drift. I don't know how much fanservice the manga has and it could just be that my expectations are wrong.


Honestly in my opinion I do think the fans er vice os over excessive, I mean just look at this image this is a regular occurrence in the manga.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=980&bih=613&q=Taboo+tattoo+manga&oq=Taboo+tattoo+manga&gs_l=img.3..0.1208.9269.0.9584.20.9.1.10.10.0.139.882.8j1.9.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.img..0.20.983...0i30j0i8i30j0i24.bOj5oziYYu8#imgrc=WVC9Or6NEBhL_M%3A


Exactly! Stuff like that I do find a bit too much. Instead of adding to scenes it distracts me from enjoying the action. A little cleavage here and there is okay and who doesn't love pantsu snippets from time to time. The anime won't go that bare I hope.

May 27, 2016 12:46 PM by HecticLeo

HecticLeo said:
aikaflip said:
If the manga had ecchi, the anime should have it as well. Studios shouldn't diverge too far from the vision of the original creator(s) for the sake of political correctness. Adaptations should be as faithful as possible. Besides, if you're offended by fanservice, and just want to see martial arts, there are plenty of other, probably better, anime that you could check out (eg. Seirei no Moribito).


Perhaps I used the wrong words. I just hope that the fanservice doesn't go overboard and detract from the show if you catch my drift. I don't know how much fanservice the manga has and it could just be that my expectations are wrong.


Honestly in my opinion I do think the fanservice is over excessive, I mean just look at this image this is a regular occurrence in the manga.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=980&bih=613&q=Taboo+tattoo+manga&oq=Taboo+tattoo+manga&gs_l=img.3..0.1208.9269.0.9584.20.9.1.10.10.0.139.882.8j1.9.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.img..0.20.983...0i30j0i8i30j0i24.bOj5oziYYu8#imgrc=WVC9Or6NEBhL_M%3A

May 27, 2016 11:44 AM by symbiotic

aikaflip said:
If the manga had ecchi, the anime should have it as well. Studios shouldn't diverge too far from the vision of the original creator(s) for the sake of political correctness. Adaptations should be as faithful as possible. Besides, if you're offended by fanservice, and just want to see martial arts, there are plenty of other, probably better, anime that you could check out (eg. Seirei no Moribito).


Perhaps I used the wrong words. I just hope that the fanservice doesn't go overboard and detract from the show if you catch my drift. I don't know how much fanservice the manga has and it could just be that my expectations are wrong.

May 27, 2016 10:44 AM by HecticLeo

I know nothing about this series, but the art looks good, and it's a comedy-mystery by JC Staff, so that's reason enough for me to check it out.

symbiotic said:
Quite honestly I've read the first part of the manga, and there are a few good fight sequences but to be honest it is a lot of unnecessary ecchi that just ruins it for me. I'm hoping the anime doesn't have as much and focuses on the fights which are it's only redeeming quality, I don't mean to be so negative.
HecticLeo said:
Hopefully they keep the ecchiness to a minimum. I was sold at the fact that I would see some awesome action sequences.

If the manga had ecchi, the anime should have it as well. Studios shouldn't diverge too far from the vision of the original creator(s) for the sake of political correctness. Adaptations should be as faithful as possible. Besides, if you're offended by fanservice, and just want to see martial arts, there are plenty of other, probably better, anime that you could check out (eg. Seirei no Moribito).

May 27, 2016 8:30 AM by aikaflip

Hopefully they keep the ecchiness to a minimum. I was sold at the fact that I would see some awesome action sequences.

May 26, 2016 10:38 PM by HecticLeo

symbiotic said:
tragedydesu said:
i'm really excited for this
hope is a good Martial Arts anime :)


Quite honestly I've read the first part of the manga, and there are a few good fight sequences but to be honest it is a lot of unnecessary ecchi that just ruins it for me. I'm hoping the anime doesn't have as much and focuses on the fights which are it's only redeeming quality, I don't mean to be so negative.

sad :/ i was hoping for a action packed anime (martial arts anime with modern animation are really rare )

May 26, 2016 10:56 AM by tragedydesu

tragedydesu said:
i'm really excited for this
hope is a good Martial Arts anime :)


Quite honestly I've read the first part of the manga, and there are a few good fight sequences but to be honest it is a lot of unnecessary ecchi that just ruins it for me. I'm hoping the anime doesn't have as much and focuses on the fights which are it's only redeeming quality, I don't mean to be so negative.

May 26, 2016 4:49 AM by symbiotic

Saya's VA is in this one . Good .

May 26, 2016 4:16 AM by DragonSlayer_19

i'm really excited for this
hope is a good Martial Arts anime :)

May 26, 2016 3:11 AM by tragedydesu

Related Database Entries