Anime & Manga News

TV Anime of Light Novel 'Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai.' Announced

by dtshyk
Dec 27, 2011 9:23 PM | 75 Comments
According to the official website, Tachibana Pan's light novel "Dakara Boku wa H (ecchi) ga Dekinai." was announced to get a TV anime adaptation. The production studio is feel. The author of the novel is the scenario writer of adult PC game "Djibrill" series.

Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai. anime official website

Synopsis:
Kaga Ryosuke is an ecchi high school boy. One day, he meets a girl standing alone in the rain. She is Lisarah Restor, an elite Death, who visited the human world in order to find "Singular Man". Ryosuke makes a contract with Lisarah and she sucks energy required for her activity in the human world from Ryosuke. The source of the energy is his ecchi spirit. To recover the sexual desire, Ryosuke has no choice but to help Lisarah's search.

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. on MAL

20 of 75 Comments Recent Comments

I've seen this plot line used so many times it's not even interesting anymore.
>Still going to watch it.

What the actual fuck is wrong with me.

Jun 11, 2012 5:36 AM by R3ep

RyanSaotome said:
I don't get why people want such deep stories in cartoons, anyway. This kinda medium is meant for just sitting down and enjoying the show, not some deep convoluted thing. Leave that to live action stuff.

Cuz if I wanted to watch crap like this, I'd watch softcore porn movies or hentai instead.

May 29, 2012 12:35 PM by NiN10d0h

VioLink said:
So basically it's "Ecchi high school boy meets tsundere and magical bullshit happens" not to be confused with "Average high school boy meets tsundere and magical bullshit happens.". Even though I read some of the chapters im dissapointed to see it get a anime adaption while better and higher ranking manga like "Eden no ori" and "Btooom!" get left hanging.


Tsundere?
Count me in.

May 29, 2012 8:37 AM by Crymsong

ahmed_great2005 said:
Seems so much like highschool dxd.


I figured that as well. Which means I may watch it since I actually quite enjoyed Highschool DxD

And having sexual desire or w/e as energy is no different than Qwaser having breast milk for energy |3

May 24, 2012 4:54 PM by KayChan4U

Seems so much like highschool dxd.

May 22, 2012 4:38 AM by TragicRomance

bakayarokonoyaro said:
RyanSaotome said:
bakayarokonoyaro said:
Kuramii said:
Not going to lie, this sounds absolutely terrible.

You're the guy from before. if i remember you were in the DxD thread with the idiots who were complaining about ecchi, ryt?
give us a break bro, we've heard the same thing over and over again.


Well its a girl (according to the profile) who has a Natsume avatar. She's obviously not the target demographic so I wouldn't expect her to like it.

In other news, this was announced to be done by Feel. Solid ecchi studio, even though they've kinda disappointed ecchi wise with Listen to Me Girls... they've taken out a lot of the ecchi from the manga version.


Oh, i see. what annoys me is that some people know they're not the target demographic yet they still moan' about it. how stupid is that?

I feel you man, i also was disappointed. it's alright though, loads of ecchi shows are gonna air soon enough.
but Listen To Me Girls has that "moe" touch in it, i just want to eat all of them lolis. lol


the reason I enjoyed papakiki was BECAUSE it has very little ecchi. There is more to anime than ecchi you know? Yea, I'm a girl and I don't like ecchi but PapaKiki was an EXCELLENT show, which replaced the ecchi with real family emotional stuff.

Apr 2, 2012 12:38 AM by phoenixalia

jmal said:
bakayarokonoyaro said:
Ryan bro, take it as an advance from someone who has experience with trolls. just ignore them, there'll always be that minority, that little group of stupid people who complain about ecchi, and the more attention they get, the louder their barks will be, so ignoring them is the best option.

Amazing, you didn't actually read a word of any of my posts, did you?


? I wasn't talking to you or about you. i didn't see you complain about ecchi lol.
Ryan and me were talkin with some people earlier, that's what i meant by "trolls", i wasn't talking about you.
Edit: i probably chose the wrong reply to quote on lol so rest assured, it's not you i was talkin about.

Mar 10, 2012 2:22 PM by Downgrade355

bakayarokonoyaro said:
Ryan bro, take it as an advance from someone who has experience with trolls. just ignore them, there'll always be that minority, that little group of stupid people who complain about ecchi, and the more attention they get, the louder their barks will be, so ignoring them is the best option.

Amazing, you didn't actually read a word of any of my posts, did you?

Mar 10, 2012 1:57 PM by jmal

RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
Also, why use the manga as basis for comparison? The light novel is the original though I have no idea how much ecchi content is in it. But compare it to that in any case.


Well I personally have no idea how ecchi the light novel was... and light novels are kinda tough to judge since there are so few pictures. But the manga has nipples, tons of panty shots and far more "ecchi" situations than the anime has gotten, so thats why I was going by that.


Ryan bro, take it as an advance from someone who has experience with trolls.
just ignore them, there'll always be that minority, that little group of stupid people who complain about ecchi, and the more attention they get, the louder their barks will be, so ignoring them is the best option.

Mar 10, 2012 1:06 PM by Downgrade355

RyanSaotome said:
Well I personally have no idea how ecchi the light novel was... and light novels are kinda tough to judge since there are so few pictures. But the manga has nipples, tons of panty shots and far more "ecchi" situations than the anime has gotten, so thats why I was going by that.

Fair enough, the manga definitely sounds much ecchier (so I'm glad I'm just watching the anime). But it just doesn't seem quite accurate to say the anime has "taken out" any of that, unless it was in the novel, since the anime isn't an adaptation of the manga adaptation. For all I know the amount of fanservice in it is completely faithful to the original. Though scenes like main guy walking in on Sora are probably much more tolerable in prose than visuals, because you don't need to see the dumb look on his face for much too long a time.

Mar 10, 2012 9:54 AM by jmal

jmal said:
Also, why use the manga as basis for comparison? The light novel is the original though I have no idea how much ecchi content is in it. But compare it to that in any case.


Well I personally have no idea how ecchi the light novel was... and light novels are kinda tough to judge since there are so few pictures. But the manga has nipples, tons of panty shots and far more "ecchi" situations than the anime has gotten, so thats why I was going by that.

Mar 10, 2012 9:45 AM by RyanSaotome

RyanSaotome said:
Solid ecchi studio, even though they've kinda disappointed ecchi wise with Listen to Me Girls... they've taken out a lot of the ecchi from the manga version.

And thank goodness. The less ecchi content PapaKiki has, the better it is. You know I'm fine with fanservice, but PapaKiki is at its best as a reasonably serious story about an atypical family working hard to get by under circumstances they never expected to face. When it's at its best it's like a shounen-ized (i.e. younger lead, more girls, more comedy) Usagi Drop.

Nearly all the fanservice it's done so far has been of the terribly executed variety (oh and Sako needs to die immediately), and it's been the low point of each episode, normally because it requires the characters to shut off 98% of their brain cells for the duration of the scene. The main guy walking in on Sora and standing there like a goddamned retard for ten seconds and then getting slapped adds nothing at all to the show. (I can and do very much appreciate Sora in her lingerie in a strictly visual sense - but it sucks as a scene in the show. Leave it to Megami scans and fanart.)

Also, why use the manga as basis for comparison? The light novel is the original though I have no idea how much ecchi content is in it. But compare it to that in any case.

Mar 10, 2012 9:39 AM by jmal

RyanSaotome said:
bakayarokonoyaro said:
Kuramii said:
Not going to lie, this sounds absolutely terrible.

You're the guy from before. if i remember you were in the DxD thread with the idiots who were complaining about ecchi, ryt?
give us a break bro, we've heard the same thing over and over again.


Well its a girl (according to the profile) who has a Natsume avatar. She's obviously not the target demographic so I wouldn't expect her to like it.

In other news, this was announced to be done by Feel. Solid ecchi studio, even though they've kinda disappointed ecchi wise with Listen to Me Girls... they've taken out a lot of the ecchi from the manga version.


Oh, i see. what annoys me is that some people know they're not the target demographic yet they still moan' about it. how stupid is that?

I feel you man, i also was disappointed. it's alright though, loads of ecchi shows are gonna air soon enough.
but Listen To Me Girls has that "moe" touch in it, i just want to eat all of them lolis. lol

Mar 10, 2012 9:21 AM by Downgrade355

bakayarokonoyaro said:
Kuramii said:
Not going to lie, this sounds absolutely terrible.

You're the guy from before. if i remember you were in the DxD thread with the idiots who were complaining about ecchi, ryt?
give us a break bro, we've heard the same thing over and over again.


Well its a girl (according to the profile) who has a Natsume avatar. She's obviously not the target demographic so I wouldn't expect her to like it.

In other news, this was announced to be done by Feel. Solid ecchi studio, even though they've kinda disappointed ecchi wise with Listen to Me Girls... they've taken out a lot of the ecchi from the manga version.

Mar 10, 2012 9:00 AM by RyanSaotome

Kuramii said:
Not going to lie, this sounds absolutely terrible.

You're the guy from before. if i remember you were in the DxD thread with the idiots who were complaining about ecchi, ryt?
give us a break bro, we've heard the same thing over and over again.

Mar 10, 2012 8:36 AM by Downgrade355

Not going to lie, this sounds absolutely terrible.

Mar 10, 2012 2:05 AM by 09890

DesolateOne said:
LOL @ the title. Sounds pretty entertaining to me! Although... ecchi anime shows like this generally receive bad reception from the general public (and for possibly good reasons).

Despite that, I'll give it a shot when it is released.


Anime in general receives bad reception from general public.

Mar 9, 2012 1:04 PM by Downgrade355

Never read the manga,
but it seems pretty interesting! =3

Jan 25, 2012 3:25 PM by waalex11

GigaSPX said:
I guess since we're on the topic about deep stories and such about anime, I'd like to add Mawaru Penguindrum to the list. Throughout the whole series when it was airing, it is full of symbolism and allusions with a very deep and complex story. I'd like to say it's just not all that possible and easy to make a series like this into live action since it has a lot of messages that are there in several scenes when analyzed.
But live action is also capable of including plenty of symbolism and allusions. The part that might be hard to imitate is the colorful, surreal and semi-serious style, but I've seen things like that happen in, for example, live-action music videos.
It's definitely true that different mediums have different strengths, though. It's a lot easier to swallow ridiculous shit because "it's a cartoon anyway". Which is why it bothers me so much that of all the ridiculous shit they could make me swallow, they keep bringing in the same normal highschools boys and their generic extraordinary friends.

Dec 28, 2011 4:23 PM by Nyuu3

I guess since we're on the topic about deep stories and such about anime, I'd like to add Mawaru Penguindrum to the list. Throughout the whole series when it was airing, it is full of symbolism and allusions with a very deep and complex story. I'd like to say it's just not all that possible and easy to make a series like this into live action since it has a lot of messages that are there in several scenes when analyzed.

Dec 28, 2011 3:55 PM by GigaSPX

Related Database Entries