announced a new edition of the guidelines for secondary creations of Touhou Project. The following businesses are newly banned:
1. Sales of 2D animations (3D CGI works and slide shows with effects are excluded.)
2. Sales of games via Xbox 360 Indie Games
3. Sales of works via App Store and Android Market
4. Sales of works that exceed the range of dojin distribution (e.g. oversea download services)
5. Works of excessive sexual depictions and works that would slander a particular person, group or race that are extremely socially inappropriate.
As for the works which had been announced before the announcement of the new guidelines, ZUN left the decision up to the creators whether they will release their works.
It should be noted that the standard distribution of doujin works through channels such as Comiket or Reitaisai is pretty much unaffected. Anyone interested in selling commercial works involving Touhou must contact ZUN directly for permission.
, ZUN's tweet