Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 8:01 AM

Dec 2021
KissxSis season two will never come, so here comes a new twin love triangle to take it's spot.

Jun Shirosaki’s childhood friends and next-door neighbors, Rumi and Naori Jinguuji, are fraternal twins with contrasting personalities. Rumi, with her active and boyish charm, and Naori, with her girlish looks and love for otaku culture, both eventually developed feelings for Jun. When Rumi confessed her love, everything changed, and they began dating.

However, after a year of dating, Rumi suddenly decided to break up with Jun. Now, Jun finds himself caught in an unexpected love triangle, trying to navigate the confusion and growing feelings between the Jinguji twins.

Has some promise. Also, Rumi having short hair automatically makes her the unlucky one in this harem lol.
IzanaSolosJul 10, 8:05 AM

Jul 10, 8:03 AM

Jul 2017
Novelist Shihon Takamura's lone work with a new studio, it's yet another romance show, but a true love triangle at that between childhoood friends.

Maaya Uchida's OP and the VA's ED is rather fine.

The meeting of next-door neighbours of Jun Shirosaki with the fraternal twins of Rumi and Naori Jinguji, it looks like a stereotypical friendship at face value, but the truth is that these 3 children are practically in a love triangle where Rumi fancies Jun, but he fancies Naori more, aside from their difference in interests. And as they grew, Rumi begins refining her appearance and Jun starts to date her, which the former is definitely on cloud nine of realizing her own romantic relationship, even if Naori knew bits and pieces about it. Rumi wanting to end the relationship between her and Jin, it definitely is guilt that has been a grudge of her own.

On the other hand, there is Naori, who's more conservative and someone who's far beyond her years in terms of knowledge, though she's the described monster who works hard, and is aware of the secret relationship of her own other twin sister and Jun enough to want to work hard and stand alongside Jun but is a coward to admit that she's a tryhard. And even as Rumi's news breaks out, Naori seems indifferent, right until the forced breakup that she finds it rather ludicrous.

This will be nothing but spicy drama incoming.
KANLen09Jul 18, 6:42 AM
Jul 10, 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
There were only a few chapters I read of this that were translated online so don't know what quite to expect from this in the long run but for the time being, this episode reminded me with how dramatic this was from the start with this love triangle between Jun and the neighbor twins, Rumi and Naori. A different direction taken with a relationship already had taken place between Rumi and Jun for a brief period of time but with the real starting point of this anime being after Rumi dumped him and leaving him emotionally confused with what led to that even happening in the first place. There are just way too many romance filled anime this season, it's actually quite exhausting since a lot of them got to have some forced drama whether in small or large degrees to have progression take place there. This show feels like one to have a lot of drama throughout so not too sure if this is a show I'm looking forward to with more episodes.
Jul 10, 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
Daaamn, I can only feel sorry for the guy. Sure, he's got a flower in each hand, and the girls are REEEEEALLY considerate about each other. But what about his feelings in the matter? Only one episode in and he already feels like a boytoy.
Jul 10, 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
The animation quality doesn't impress me but it got the point across with those rom-com themes.

It's pretty obvious they're not hiding the romance already just from the short background storytelling alone. Jun does seem like a more mature character. The Jinguuji sisters having an admiration isn't something that surprising really. Something like this is fairly common in anime these days. Curious just on how much they plan to adapt their relationship together. This anime is going be filled with drama too, calling it now.
Jul 10, 9:24 AM

Aug 2017
I will say this, harem ending is always the best.

Between the two I like the looks of the long haired one. But the short haired one has better personality. She was unwise to dump the boy. Should've kept him tied up.
Jul 10, 9:25 AM

Sep 2021
felt exhausted after watching two sides of the coin telling the same story. But will still watch the rest of the episodes cuz it gives the dome x kano vibes.
Jul 10, 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
Gotta respect how they hit you with a banger of an OP almost immediately after the tiniest of introductions

Older sis is gonna regret her decision later, isn't she?
Jul 10, 9:40 AM

Jan 2023
I started this one not really knowing anything about it.

It was a lot more psychology focused than I expected, it had very efficient storytelling which showed us each twin's perspective.
It felt like a pretty serious and realistic take on a love triangle involving twins, light hearted at times but also pretty heavy when it needs to be.

Overall, I must say it ended up being a pleasant surprise, and I'm looking forward to the next episodes :)
Jul 10, 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
Seems pretty heavy so for making me wonder where this is going.
Is it going to be light hearted or a heavy drama.
Well it seems both sisters care to much about each other to take the male lead as their boyfriend long term.
The question is will the both go wor him will one end up with him or will neither of the two end up with him.
Jul 10, 9:51 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Suginami85
Daaamn, I can only feel sorry for the guy. Sure, he's got a flower in each hand, and the girls are REEEEEALLY considerate about each other. But what about his feelings in the matter? Only one episode in and he already feels like a boytoy.
@Suginami85 true bruh, kinda messed up, thought that's all in the first ep so we don't know much, I guess
Jul 10, 10:12 AM

Oct 2017
Ye I knew this anime was gonna be trouble. The atmosphere was so gloomy cause of their situation and getting to see the events from both sisters perspective and learning that they were both thinking the same things made it even worse. I'd definitely love it if he somehow ended up with both of them but you can count on authors to absolutely not do that. Very few have balls to do it. As for the good things, both sisters are really cute and sweet. They both love the same guy but they also care for each other thus leading to the situation they are in. Idk if I have the nerves to continue this as no matter who ends up with him I'd still feel bad for the other one. But I do really like the setting with twin heroines so kind of conflicted.
Jul 10, 10:12 AM

Apr 2020
Already pretty spicy first episode man. The main cast all seem emotionally intelligent and considerate at first glance, which is kinda refreshing to see and I hope the anime continues to develop them like this. Maybe give Jun some spotlights too or he might end up a self-insert character for nerd lol. Overall I'm excited to see more.

Also team Naori I guess?
Jul 10, 10:14 AM
Mar 2018
I was kinda on the same boat as the mc as I finished the first episode because I'm so confused. first of all, i didn't expect a "dating event" and a "breakup event" in the first episode. that was too much, I'm ngl. I'm curious about how the story will develop, especially, the love triangle, because he already dated one of the twins so it will be kinda difficult for the other twin to win over his heart. at least, that's what I think lol
Jul 10, 10:22 AM

May 2022
Rumi is really messed up. Sure she has feelings for Jun but she knows Naori and Jun have more in common and that Naori also has feelings for him but asks him out anyway. That’s fine if you plan on being with him but she dumps him after she feels like she made enough fun memories with him as a couple. I feel like that just complicates any chance for Jun and Naori going forward. Maybe that was part of Rumi’s calculations. Pretty selfish if you ask me.
Jul 10, 10:29 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
More progress in the first episode than 80 percent of other romcoms. I think it's been good so far.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 10, 10:37 AM
Sep 2022
Not bad bu...
what is going next?
For me it was to fast...
Lets see on the next episode
Jul 10, 10:52 AM

Jul 2020
hey there's a brief episode summary at the end (22:00)
Jul 10, 10:56 AM
Oct 2022
Very good storytelling, I enjoyed a lot this chapter.
Jul 10, 11:09 AM
Aug 2022
Another Wincest Anime. Will quite enjoy it.
Jul 10, 11:09 AM
Apr 2017
I think that this kind of story could be better in a movie.
I don't know nothing about the manga or LN that this came from, but this episode could be better in 40 min or a half of a movie and then I suppouse the other half to the next story, but this is my opinion.
Jul 10, 11:23 AM

May 2021
idk much about this one but really felt bad for the guy, bro was kind of used fr.

hope this is not a gut wrenching drama, give this man his harem!!! roll2 debut with this, decent first ep, felt like a VN.
Jul 10, 11:36 AM

Nov 2016
"How many references do you want?" Maybe that's why this is tagged as comedy, lol. Fair to call this a dramedy. In any case an intersting start. Would love to see this developing into something truly messed up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 11:54 AM

Feb 2019
“I’ve made a lot mod mistakes in life and the first mistake was falling for Jun”

Whew yea, I’ll have to see how No Losing Heroines turns out, but this could be romance of the season. I LOVE angsty romance dramas with conflicted people, it’s even better when it’s two twins in love with the same guy. Kiss x Sis did it years ago, but this feels more much grounded, introspective and frankly better written. This episode does a great job of setting up Naori, Rumi and Jun’s love triangle and explaining how both the girls feel about him. But I can’t help but feel bad for him.

We saw how Naori and Rumi look up to him and how their feelings gradually evolved from the friendship to romantic side, but it felt like he was being used as a tool of sorts. I mean, Rumi finally gets the courage to confess to him and ask him out, in almost record time for a romance anime I should add, and then she dumps him without explaining after weeks of keeping their relationship a secret. Rumi said how she regretted not being honest earlier when they were kids, but she’s literally got a chance to do that now and still doesn’t.

I do love how emotionally intelligent the characters seem to be in general. They’re considerate almost to a fault in this one. The gloomy atmosphere combined with the wonderful OST from Utatane Kana, which I thought was actually Ushio Kensuke at first, just really hit for me. I feel that Naori and Jun have the best relationship and have the most in common and as of rn I’d say she has the advantage given Rumi dumped buddy lol.

Just a really good first episode that’s drawn me in and got me wanting more.
Marinate1016Jul 10, 1:29 PM
Jul 10, 12:29 PM
Jan 2024
A very sorrowful start to the anime and the storyline is really amazing. The first episode was great and the art style was good.
The first episode started with both twins expressing how they fell in love with Jun(The male protagonist, childhood friends with the Jinguji twins). Rumi(The older twin sister, with a boyish appearance but a maiden's heart) after gathering courage at last she confesses to Jun but seeing her little sister Naori(The younger twin sister, with a cute and girly look who loves reading books perhaps otaku) sad and hollow she breaks up with Jun without giving much of a proper explanation to Jun which made Jun seem more sad and shrouded in doubt. This episode was truly a masterpiece and I'm so invested in these characters, I can't wait to see where the story goes! and I am really excited for the next episode!
Jul 10, 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
WhisperingCloud9 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Love how the tag for this isn’t even love triangle it’s love polygon lmao first time I’ve seen that. We’re really eating good this season with such a diverse field of shows and categories

Love polygon is a broader term that could encompass a triangle, but also leaves room for more characters or complications. It might be used to avoid spoilers or attract viewers interested in intricate relationships but remember this anime is a love triangle. Every love triangle can be a love polygon but every love polygon can’t be considered a love triangle. That’s the reason why they use love polygon tag for love triangles as well.Thanks for reading this far. Hope you have a great time! Take care of yourself as well!

Not reading allat, but W for having vermeil and loop nana in your top 10.
Jul 10, 12:50 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
WhisperingCloud9 said:
Marinate1016 said:
Love how the tag for this isn’t even love triangle it’s love polygon lmao first time I’ve seen that. We’re really eating good this season with such a diverse field of shows and categories

Love polygon is a broader term that could encompass a triangle, but also leaves room for more characters or complications. It might be used to avoid spoilers or attract viewers interested in intricate relationships but remember this anime is a love triangle. Every love triangle can be a love polygon but every love polygon can’t be considered a love triangle. That’s the reason why they use love polygon tag for love triangles as well.Thanks for reading this far. Hope you have a great time! Take care of yourself as well!

Not reading allat, but W for having vermeil and loop nana in your top 10.
@Marinate1016 "Love polygon" is like a broader term for "love triangle" - it can include love triangles or more love interests. Anime sites use it to avoid spoiling surprises or grab fans of complex romance. I kept it short. Sorry! and Take care! Thanks as well! ˃̵ᴗ˂̵
Jul 10, 12:51 PM
Jun 2016
Pretty nice first episode. Leaves a lot of subtle storytelling and characters communicating on a more subconscious level. Not sure if the other shoe dropped. Feels like there's something coming that fully demonstrate what the show is about.

A lot of literature drops too lol. Feels like the author is showing his bias and using these characters & this story as a vessel for "(smutty?) literature appreciation". Ha ha.
Jul 10, 1:17 PM

Apr 2021
What on earth?

The guy did not deserved that at all.

She just wanted to "make memories"?!

She broke up out of guilt for trying to monopolize the guy?

Why do guys always get their hearts, not just broken, but absolutely stomped on in anime?

The guy couldn't even concentrate on reading after, really cruel.

Some other girl is going to steal him away from them, if this keeps up.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 10, 1:33 PM
Jan 2021
Very melodramatic. Dont dislike it yet, but several of the lines this episode apealed to a childish idea of intelligence. Hopefully, that's not a continuous theme.
Jul 10, 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
I was super curious about this series because of the new studio. I’m glad that they did well. At least in 1st episode.
Storytelling and direction were great.
Yet another fantastic start in this season.
This summer is even better than the spring was.
rsc-plJul 10, 1:50 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 10, 2:14 PM

Jun 2016
The case when the hero has a chance for a happy harem ending.
Jul 10, 2:32 PM
May 2022
CHT13 said:
Rumi is really messed up. Sure she has feelings for Jun but she knows Naori and Jun have more in common and that Naori also has feelings for him but asks him out anyway. That’s fine if you plan on being with him but she dumps him after she feels like she made enough fun memories with him as a couple. I feel like that just complicates any chance for Jun and Naori going forward. Maybe that was part of Rumi’s calculations. Pretty selfish if you ask me.

As I see it, you did not get Rumi at all. Her breaking up was not out of boredom. It was because she felt bad for Naori. She even mentioned exactly that. Everything else she told to Naori and Jun was just to put up a wall so nobody asks or talks about her true motives.
Also in love, there is no right or wrong, especially in such a situation. Rumi made the first step, a step Naori did not/"could" not take so she ended up with him. Both loved him obviously but it would've been the same if Naori asked first and Rumi suffering. The only bad and immature thing about all of this is that nobody talks their true feelings to each other, just because they are overconsiderate to others. But that's how it is between teens and young adults, they have to learn first hand how beneficial it is to be honest to others and themselves about their feelings.
Jul 10, 2:38 PM
Nov 2023
It was a decent first episode. I thought it would be more funny but it's so gloomy 😔. Let's see how the future episodes are..
Jul 10, 3:15 PM

May 2022
Densema said:
CHT13 said:

As I see it, you did not get Rumi at all. Her breaking up was not out of boredom. It was because she felt bad for Naori. She even mentioned exactly that. Everything else she told to Naori and Jun was just to put up a wall so nobody asks or talks about her true motives.
Also in love, there is no right or wrong, especially in such a situation. Rumi made the first step, a step Naori did not/"could" not take so she ended up with him. Both loved him obviously but it would've been the same if Naori asked first and Rumi suffering. The only bad and immature thing about all of this is that nobody talks their true feelings to each other, just because they are overconsiderate to others. But that's how it is between teens and young adults, they have to learn first hand how beneficial it is to be honest to others and themselves about their feelings.

Where did I mention boredom? She called herself a horrible person at the end of the episode so I doubt her intentions are so commendable. She comes off as selfish plain and simple. Either way, it’s only the first episode so we’ll eventually find out more of her motives.
Jul 10, 3:43 PM
Jan 2023
As someone who has not read the original source, I feel like the mmc was used almost like a toy there. I'm feeling actually quite sick of imagining what would gothrough someone's mind after starting and ending a romantic relantioship like that with someone you've known for most of your life.

Some may say that they don't like that much drama, but for me, I'm looking forward to it. Again, didn't read the original so I'm also dangered by dissapointment. I hope not.
Jul 10, 3:49 PM
May 2022
CHT13 said:
Densema said:

Where did I mention boredom? She called herself a horrible person at the end of the episode so I doubt her intentions are so commendable. She comes off as selfish plain and simple. Either way, it’s only the first episode so we’ll eventually find out more of her motives.

Okay then, but thinking she left him because she had enough memories made is still wrong, my point still stands. She said this as a reasoning, but that definitely was not the real reason.
I don't see how you can call this selfish. If she was selfish, why bother to break up in the first place? A selfish person does not care for others, as long as she gets what she wants, per definition. Was Rumi immature? Yeah, as at least two of the three main characters were, but selfish?
And you mentioned that she called herself a horrible person. Yes, because she felt bad for being together with Jun while knowing about Naori's feelings, the exact reason why she then broke up with Jun. She could not stand being together with him anymore while knowing that her twin sister also loves him. I don't want to be mean against you or something, please don't get this wrong, I just simply thought that these connections kinda flew over your head a bit :/
DensemaJul 10, 3:53 PM
Jul 10, 3:50 PM

Jun 2023
She didn’t even consider the guy’s feelings. Huh??
Jul 10, 3:55 PM
May 2022
lingojk said:
She didn’t even consider the guy’s feelings. Huh??

Yeah, Jun really got knocked in the balls there :/
Jul 10, 4:03 PM

Nov 2021
That was a lot better than I expected.. I see this tagged as a comedy but this episode was pretty sad. I don't want to see either of them lose honestly especially Rumi since she has short hair
Jul 10, 4:14 PM

May 2022
Densema said:
CHT13 said:

Okay then, but thinking she left him because she had enough memories made is still wrong, my point still stands. She said this as a reasoning, but that definitely was not the real reason.
I don't see how you can call this selfish. If she was selfish, why bother to break up in the first place? A selfish person does not care for others, as long as she gets what she wants, per definition. Was Rumi immature? Yeah, as at least two of the three main characters were, but selfish?
And you mentioned that she called herself a horrible person. Yes, because she felt bad for being together with Jun while knowing about Naori's feelings, the exact reason why she then broke up with Jun. She could not stand being together with him anymore while knowing that her twin sister also loves him. I don't want to be mean against you or something, please don't get this wrong, I just simply thought that these connections kinda flew over your head a bit :/

I’m calling her selfish because she broke up with him. Knowing how much in common her sister has with him and is a better fit with him, which she says so herself in the episode, makes her actions terrible for not staying with him. I have no problem with her being a bit selfish and beating her sister to the punch but she shouldn’t have done so just to break up with him. If she truly cared for her sister’s feelings she wouldn’t have asked him out in the first place. So as the season goes on we’ll get a clearer picture as to why she did what she did.
Jul 10, 4:17 PM
May 2022
CHT13 said:
Densema said:

I’m calling her selfish because she broke up with him. Knowing how much in common her sister has with him and is a better fit with him, which she says so herself in the episode, makes her actions terrible for not staying with him. I have no problem with her being a bit selfish and beating her sister to the punch but she shouldn’t have done so just to break up with him. If she truly cared for her sister’s feelings she wouldn’t have asked him out in the first place. So as the season goes on we’ll get a clearer picture as to why she did what she did.

Ah, I see ^^ I still don't share your opinion on this fully, but I get and respect your reasoning and pov ^^
Jul 10, 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
What an absolute fumble. Instead of wasting 24 minutes they should've just opened with the breakup and explained the hows and whys of the backstory later. This was just incredibly boring
Jul 10, 4:26 PM

May 2022
Densema said:
CHT13 said:

Ah, I see ^^ I still don't share your opinion on this fully, but I get and respect your reasoning and pov ^^

I’m just guessing here but I think she broke up with him because she figures her sister will end up with him eventually and since she’s in love with him she’ll have less regrets knowing that she did have that time together and the memories of being with him even if it was just for a short time.
Jul 10, 4:36 PM
May 2022
CHT13 said:
Densema said:

I’m just guessing here but I think she broke up with him because she figures her sister will end up with him eventually and since she’s in love with him she’ll have less regrets knowing that she did have that time together and the memories of being with him even if it was just for a short time.

Seems like a good guess, I would like that a lot as a plot, but I guess that Naori would get behind these motivations very soon, so the drama goes on 🤔
Jul 10, 4:44 PM

Apr 2012
This is the first time in my memory that an anime character has tried to humiliate another using Lord of the Flies. And yes, once again they refer to De Sade. Hipsters reading De Sade is this some kind of local meme in Japan?

@CHT13 Makes sense. But I also think she couldn't handle the pressure because of her guilt towards her sister.
Jul 10, 4:53 PM

Apr 2023
Certified woman moment™ - The anime
Jul 10, 5:13 PM

Sep 2018
Chances are that this will trigger me if not handled well. I'm really not a fan of multiple family members being involved in a love polygon, just the thought of my close Family dating somebody who was with another Family member prior, is sickening. The circumstances are better in this scenario though thankfully, twins who knew the boy from childhood and grew up together.

It was handled well in Aoi Hana, probably the last anime I watched that I can remember having similarities.
Jul 10, 7:13 PM
Dec 2021
kinda boring first episode. but so many references, everything from Marx, to lord of the rings, to even the Bible.
Jul 10, 7:30 PM

Aug 2014
Not bad. Ill stick around for this anime. At least its taking itself serious.

Although not a fan of the smart twin, since shes coming off as a snob.

And the male MC is alright, but like always, Ill just never understand what these two beauties see in him.

My main problem with step-siblings romance anime that youre supposed to take serious is that the majority of them come off as boring with dull characters. This anime so far is avoiding that, so ill stick around.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Futago de Warikirenai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24

26 by patkarunungan »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Which sister is more to your liking?

Shizuna - Jul 18

33 by MichBibendum »»
Jul 24, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Futago de Warikirenai Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17

47 by Nokistick »»
Jul 22, 9:16 PM

» Opening and ending song

MegamiRem - Jul 10

3 by MegamiRem »»
Jul 17, 1:18 PM

» (Spoilers ahead maybe) Question for the manga readers

TypicalWeeb047 - Jul 11

14 by Rayane-47 »»
Jul 12, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.