Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, the amount of pressure put on someone like Kyoutarou. He had pretty much the biggest responsibility to deliver his graduation speech in front of the whole school. Obviously, the show put him on the spot on purpose to test his confidence.

Anna supported him in the most Anna way possible.

This feels like a cumlination of Kyoutarou's personality coming together all at once. What an episode. He deserved that ovation.

May 2020
I mean Ichikawa isn’t the best person to do these kinds of things, or more like he’s not suited at all lol… reading congratulatory messages or such to graduating students. But since he wants to change, that’s a rather right step. Though I would’ve liked to see more of Yamada helping him out, but that one confession to that one person who has a crush on Yamada and rejected the girl kind of soured the mood lol.

But with the right haircut and right motivation, Ichikawa should’ve nailed the speech, right? That’s how it should’ve been, but hey he forgot that paper itself where he wrote the speech lmaooooo. This kind of really is relatable, but we need to think about Ichikawa here. Doing such an out-of-nature task and messing up this badly, but…

… hearing those voices inside your head really helps. It did, at least here. Dude not only delivered the speech, but knocked this very thing out of the park itself. Hell yeah. Yamda did her job too… rejecting that womanizer wannabe senpai.

Nicest moment finally did take place... Ichikawa now knows Yamda likes her too, and he does anyway. Just a matter of a few episodes now.. a few and we'll see the main thing.

Yamada going full beet red in the end was as hilarious as it was cute.
Softhenic03Feb 10, 9:03 AM

Dec 2021
My boy Ichikawa has really grown since that first episode.

Ichikawa is asked to read the farewell speech as the representative of the students at the graduation rehearsal. Encouraged by Yamada's hopeful gaze, he decides to give it a shot, but nerves get the best of him, leaving him unable to project his voice. Feeling disheartened, Ichikawa receives various advice from Yamada, who mentions they have vocal training sessions. By chance, the two witness Haruya being confessed to by a girl. Knowing Haruya's serious feelings for Yamada, Ichikawa resolves to muster up the courage to stand on stage once more and show his confident self.

Ichikawa once again proves himself as the standout MC in romcomcs. Instead of letting self-doubt get the best of him, he faces his insecurities head-on and decides to show Yamada the best version of himself. Personally, I've always felt a bit unsure about my haircut after a trip to the barber, but it always seems to sort itself out by the next day. Still, seeing Ichikawa fitting in so well with the class, especially with the girls, feels really nice. The moment where Ichikawa's inner self reassures him about self-love really hit me. It's a reminder that while it's great to be loved by others, loving yourself is just as important for healthy relationships. And the soundtrack... it really adds so much emotion to the scene, thanks to Kensuke Ushio's incredible talent. But what surprised me the most about this episode wasn't just Yamada's confession (which was a shocker), but Ichikawa finally realizing that Yamada likes him back.

It feels like we're getting closer to the big moment in the story.

Feb 10, 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
Ichikawa gave his best 😂 for the farewell speech.
Nanpai Senpai!! 😂 Ichikawa reactions are the best.
Nanpai Senpai was the Cupid All along.

New Visual Got released-

Just found something interesting it(visual) was the same when new Visual Got released in previous season on the 6th Episode -
Ricky16Feb 10, 11:03 AM
Feb 10, 9:38 AM

Apr 2016
Ah, the graduation ceremony memories ... saying a farewell to all the classmates you pretended for four years that you supposedly cared about ... cant really be me tho, i haven't even attended my graduation ceremony.

But hey this is an anime, and the spirit of youth and farewells was very present in this week's episode. Nice to see our unruly-kun taking it seriously.
Feb 10, 9:56 AM

Mar 2019
As someone who did read the manga, I thought I was prepared for this week's episode. But no, I wasn't.

What an amazing display of acting, animation and music. Can't believe this anime is real, damn.

Self-trust and self-love, such an important part of our lifes and was brilliantly done in both the manga and anime.
I just love how he slowly walks to make his speech, with his imaginary-self talking about who is the one that trusts and love him the most.
It is such an important message and it was so beatifully animated here it made me cry ways more than I thought I would, specially considering how short the scene itself is.
Don't even need to mention that the speech itself made me cry even more.

Crazy that I wasn't a big fan of Nanpai (kinda disliked him to be honest) when I read the manga, but now I kinda like him. Once you understand his character, he is not that bad.

Next week we are getting animated what is my favorite comedy sequence from the whole manga. Can't wait.

By the way, with this episode, the anime had just finished Volume 6, that ends at Karte 85. If anyone is curious.
Feb 10, 10:16 AM
Feb 2021
Excellent episode as always. I especially liked how the girls gathered around Ichikawa and Sekine playing with his hairstyle.

However, there were a couple of added lines which were absent from the manga, and I didn't like those lines. It was the last exchange between Yamada and Nanpai. In the manga, he never said the last line (about him calling her later thanks to getting her phone number from Ichikawa) and Yamada never answered to that. I don't get the director's choice here. Was it really necessary to make Nanpai again a "unmoral" guy right after his quasi redemption? Totally unnecessary, imho.
Feb 10, 10:23 AM

Mar 2021
Ichikawa really did his best when it came to the graduation speech. Loved the scene with Yamada pretty much confessing that she likes Ichikawa and i can't wait for the next episode and how they interact with each other now
Feb 10, 10:27 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
"peasants... they're all trash" - i felt that.

bokuyaba just doesn't miss, every week hits right on target and of course sayonara player senpai, we'll be seeing you.
Feb 10, 10:28 AM

Mar 2019
Reply to Swiss_Bohemian
Excellent episode as always. I especially liked how the girls gathered around Ichikawa and Sekine playing with his hairstyle.

However, there were a couple of added lines which were absent from the manga, and I didn't like those lines. It was the last exchange between Yamada and Nanpai. In the manga, he never said the last line (about him calling her later thanks to getting her phone number from Ichikawa) and Yamada never answered to that. I don't get the director's choice here. Was it really necessary to make Nanpai again a "unmoral" guy right after his quasi redemption? Totally unnecessary, imho.
No wonder I thought that line was kinda weird when I saw it, now it makes sense.
I guess they tried to use Nanpai to show that Yamada trusts Kyoutarou?

They have been adding some stuff ever since season 1 to show her character in an easier way. I remember reading an interview with Norio-sensei where he says some people (his friends, if I recall correctly) had trouble understanding what kind of character Yamada is, so he tried his best to make her feelings easier to understand. Guess this change in the anime goes in the same direction?
Feb 10, 10:29 AM

May 2015
Next week episode gonna be wild (I hope).
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 10, 10:31 AM

Aug 2017
One of the scenes manga readers told us too look forward to and it delivered. Seeing Ichikawa struggle at first was kinda painful and relatable but glad he gave overcame his issues and gave us a beautiful speech. Kana again being a wonderful sister, love how she cares about Ichikawa as siblings should, in a wholesome way unlike most other sibling relationships in anime.

Still can't stand Haruya, but now that he is graduated, it hopefully means we don't have to see him anymore.
Feb 10, 10:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Reply to Ricky16
Ichikawa gave his best 😂 for the farewell speech.
Nanpai Senpai!! 😂 Ichikawa reactions are the best.
Nanpai Senpai was the Cupid All along.

New Visual Got released-

Just found something interesting it(visual) was the same when new Visual Got released in previous season on the 6th Episode -
Okay, that’s the first step out of two or three finally out of the way. It’s either Koutarou’s indirect revelation to her and then the confession or the confession straight away. We’ve come a long way, and I can’t wait to see the next big event!

Some graduation speech that was, lol. At the end of the day, he just loves himself the most. That’s the key to success, well done lad. Honestly, I didn’t see that coming! I thought he’d just look at Yamada and somehow gain confidence but this was some insane character development. I doubt most people could do that, for real!

It was lovely to see the support from his closed ones too. It was nice to see that the sister got a glimpse of his performance. And we got to give credits to the Senpai too, he basically ignited the relationship forward but, on a more serious note, handled it pretty well.

@Ricky16 Okay, that’s really cool! I didn’t this see at all, thanks for spotting it, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 10, 10:34 AM

Jan 2021
MY GOD ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS????
THE BEST ROMCOM OF ALL TIME FUCKERS
THE
BESSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Feb 10, 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
Such a great episode. As someone who has had a fear of talking in front of people as I grew up, and having to do a speech in front of everyone for a ceremony and later for running for Vice President of the Student Council, I have stressed out a lot about public speaking and delivering my lines in front of everyone not to embarrass myself despite being very introverted. Ultimately though, I did come to realize that I was overthinking everything and underestimating myself severely, and also realizing that I did better with speaking from the heart with improv than follow through with a speech. It's what Ichikawa went through somewhat here and ultimately, it was good to see the 'reflection of himself' encourage him that people are supporting him and he has come quite some ways compared to the past, where he likes himself now and wants to accomplish this to better himself and show off his determination, like what he admired about Yamada with how dedicated and committed she was to her work. It was awkward, minor stumbles were there but the content was really good, came from the heart and the speech went across very well for a guy that struggled heavily in rehearsal. Character development was really damn good in this episode.

Yamada was great here too in being a supportive rock to help Ichikawa with speaking more clearly and giving him some courage and good luck throughout. There was the whole confession scene too with Nanjou and Yamada, and it was refreshing seeing a somewhat different side to him despite having a pretty annoying, calm and overconfident image of himself when alone with Ichikawa. But ultimately, it was great seeing Yamada be honest and respectful but also be true to herself by saying she has her hands full with the keychain that Ichikawa got for her (and helped find again), and that she already liked someone else. Ichikawa has been growing in self-realization that there might be a chance with her but this was the first real time where he heard and could connect the dots somewhat, that Yamada is into him as well. Not much of a fan of Nanjou but it was good to give him some closure with Yamada and his own feelings. Overall, the episode flew by really nicely and was a great watch from start to finish.

Also loved how supportive Ichikawa's sister was here too. She did try her best to help him out in little ways, was willing to drive all the way to his school quickly to get him the paper on time and despite not being able to do so, still proudly watching her younger brother come this far to deliver a pretty damn good speech there.
Feb 10, 10:55 AM

Feb 2021
Yeah, speaking with the stylist in a salon can definitely be a bit awkward. Also Ichiwaka's sister is one of the best anime onee-sans.
I remember when I first started using hair wax, it was life changing lol.
10:33 These references lmao.

Yep, Ichikawa is 100% the best romance anime protagonist in my book now
19:02 第二ボタン (dai-ni botan) - "second button", the second button from the top of Japanese boys' school uniform. Giving it to a girl means "I like you", and accepting it means that the feelings are mutual. Never heard about this before, really interesting.

AHHHHH MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT THIS IS SO PRECIOUS. I wonder if we'll be getting a confession soon because of this? I'll be fine even without a confession for a while ngl.
And I feel like the animation was even better that usual. It's so beautiful.
Also I just noticed that little Ichi holding his drawing above his head was in the ED this whole time.
I want to rate this 12/10.
Shingster

Jun 2015
A Grad speech for the departing class huh huge responsibility that. That must had been the first time i seen a flowchart be created for a trip to the hairdressers though. Nice to see Serina get some focus here. Graduation even if its just moving on to the next year can be a strange time for them. Esp if they get split after being together for so long. Though he had to battle quite the nerves the speech that Kyotaro gave really was a great one. Anna's rejection was probaly the most heartfelt one that i seen. Now that the final barrier is gone curious to see how things would progress.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 2012
the best self love moment in anime history.
seriously i knew it would happen but still it made me cry.
this episode is peak. and what if i told you the next episode also a peak episode?
Feb 10, 10:57 AM
Apr 2020
Okay, what happened? They did what? I can't stop smiling! Help! It's finally happening.
Feb 10, 11:01 AM
Dec 2019
The Episode Was awesome, Loved the part at the end. Ichikawas's past truly resonated within the present and gave a great speech
Feb 10, 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
I didn't realize that this would be the most important episode of this anime, but it really is. It's so satisfying that even if this season end at this episode I'd still feel satisfied (though I know a lot of people want more).
Feb 10, 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
They did it for sure, no doubt.

My poor boy's hair, no what have they done. Joking aside he doesn't look bad. Serina doing his hair was sweet. Great graduation speech, proud of my boy. Btw Kana chan has Rem walpaper? Best girl recognises best girl. Feel bad for Nanjo, came off as a bad guy at first but he was also someone who just wanted his love reciprocated.
Feb 10, 11:19 AM

Dec 2022
Ichikawa with two eyes is overpowered!

Despite thinking of himself as a lonely loser, everyone in the class was right on board with Ichikawa being the student to give the graduation speech, so clearly he commands some kind of respect. Then my boy goes on to get a stylish haircut and conquer his fear of public speaking. With Yamada's feelings realized and Nanpa Senpai no longer being a threat, things will no doubt get even sweeter from here on out. Ichikawa's kicking ass, and I think he's getting closer to realizing that.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Feb 10, 11:22 AM
Jul 2015
My mouth is running out of face to stretch over for an even wider grin.
Feb 10, 11:33 AM

May 2019
Great episode with Anna encouraging Kyotaro to deliver the class speech but beyond Anna her friends and Kyotaro's family also helped him out. Serina in particular appears mostly quiet but she was more aggressive in demanding wax from one of the other guys and doing Kyotaro's hair (I figured Anna would've gotten a bit flustered watching another girl touch Kyotaro's hair lol).

I'm hoping with the final scene that the soccer player backs off.
Feb 10, 11:47 AM
Nov 2021
PEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK
Feb 10, 12:09 PM
Apr 2022
Among all those cliched and formulaic high-school romances with boring characters, Boku No Kokoro is a golden nugget. I had to wade through so many similar shows in order to stumble upon this absolute gem of an anime. Here's to another peak episode next week!
Feb 10, 12:26 PM
Nov 2019
Probably my favorite episode of the show so far, love seeing an an antisocial introvert getting the confidence to give a big speech.
Feb 10, 12:39 PM
Jun 2023
this episode was really really really the was best, firstly, self love, we must love ourselves so that others can love us, they did it very perfectly, and ichikawa nailed this episode, he is the best rom com mc of all time for me.
secondly Yamada supported ichikawa the way she usually does , the best part is how she rejected that mean gay , and said I am already occupied with the another guy (bear in hand) , she indirectly confessed and made it clear .
third everyone was helping mc ,like Yamada, his sister, yamdas friends, teacher, this was a good thing that everyone trusts mc.
fourth, ichikawa sister, i really liked her in this episode,she is one of the characters who helped mc the most and she is like a real sister, in many animes they made sisters look different but here i felt how truly a sister loves his brother and helps them.
and finally ichikawa realised that Yamada loves him, and now he truly know that with out any side tracks , and lastly they were cute while being flustered,😂😂, i wanna know how will they react and talk after that.
it was a banger episode, i can't stop grinning, I was sooo much happy.😍😍.
Feb 10, 12:42 PM
May 2021
Reply to Swiss_Bohemian

@Swiss_Bohemian Personally I like it. Looking at it another way, it was Nanjo's way of making Yamada feel less bad about rejecting him, and showing Ichikawa how much trust Yamada has of him
Feb 10, 12:48 PM

Oct 2014
A great episode again!!!

Cant believe they are bringing out godly episodes week after week and the best is still yet to come

Clearly best romcom MC of all time. That internal monologue about self love was done beautifully. And for an introvert guy to make a speech in front of everyone is truly inspiring

They also brought us pretty much an indirect confession. I wonder how their interaction is going to be for the next episode?

I love Ichikawas new look. His eyes are definitely one of his best features. But im the same too, a day after the haircut my hair goes back to normal 😂
Feb 10, 12:57 PM
Sep 2020
It will be in the next episode they're going to confess each other? Or do we have to wait more?
Feb 10, 1:04 PM
Feb 2022
all I can say that this story/the story of both of them is progressing and in a good direction.

Their middle school love is more romantic than some adult's rent-a-you know what I mean.

1st Ever post didn't thought will post under an anime of genre which I don't even like that much
Feb 10, 1:08 PM
Apr 2023
Swiss_Bohemian said:

I can understand what you mean but if you think about it from like an 8th graders pov they just confessed and person they just confessed to said they liked someone else many 8th grades would act in that way being angry.
Feb 10, 1:18 PM
Jul 2015
This episode was fucking crazy. A romance anime with real development.
Feb 10, 1:22 PM
Jan 2022
Best episode. i got too emotional
Feb 10, 1:24 PM
Nov 2021
It already happened with episode 9, with such a beautiful resolution to what they felt, without lengthening it unnecessarily and being direct, that was what defined the level of quality of the first season.
Now, 9 chapters later, we see the peak of the quality that this anime has when it comes to developing the protagonist, the relationship and the entire work in general.
Feb 10, 1:36 PM
Jul 2021
Ok so what was that bit at the very end where they were both all squiggly eyed and ran in opposite directions? Were they supposed to be embarrassed? Angry? Cliffhanger I presume but very confused as to what kind of emotion that was supposed to be?
Feb 10, 1:41 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to Stink_Bug
Ok so what was that bit at the very end where they were both all squiggly eyed and ran in opposite directions? Were they supposed to be embarrassed? Angry? Cliffhanger I presume but very confused as to what kind of emotion that was supposed to be?
@Stink_Bug Too embarrassed to follow up on Yamada’s confession.
Feb 10, 1:45 PM

Jun 2023
Smiling so hard as always.

YEAHHHH
Feb 10, 1:56 PM

Feb 2019
Nah man this and Yubisaki to renren on Saturdays is actually insane. Like we’re gonna look back one day at how special this season was. Appreciate greatness while it’s here folks.

Kyo giving the farewell address is a PERFECT conclusion to what’s been a year full of growth and adventure for him. He’s come out of his shell socially and this is the last big hurdle for him. Growth starts outside of your comfort zone and as someone that hates public speaking, this is definitely the way to go.

Even more impressive is having to improvise the second half of the speech because he forgot it lol. speaking truly from the heart there and putting everything he's gained this year into words was so cool. It wouldn’t have been possible without Yamada and he channeled that energy and passion into it. So proud of my boy. He couldn’t even talk to anyone without saying some edgy shit in the beginning of this story.

The moment we’ve all waited for 😩 or at least partially, while they aren’t officially together yet, Kyo now knows how Yamada feels about him and I LOVE how that entire scene went. Kyo giving her the charm to remember him by because he knew a confession was coming from senpai, Yamada’s line about not having room in her hands for anything else and the Ushio Kensuke OST during the scene.. just bra fucking o. Nothing but chills.

They might not be in the same class, but honestly feels like Kyo and Yamada are the real ones graduating in this episode.. to their next phase of life.
Marinate1016Feb 10, 2:14 PM
Feb 10, 2:00 PM
Nov 2021
The happiness I felt reliving this moment was awesome they totally made this scene way more powerful
I literally did a celebration move for how beautiful it was

Man I love this series so much and I'm waiting for more
Feb 10, 2:02 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Swiss_Bohemian

@Swiss_Bohemian but the fact she said he was lying about that was a good thing
Feb 10, 2:28 PM

Mar 2021
As it is obviously not lost on anybody here, I love the parallel between the final scene and the scene from the nurses office in season 1. Both times Yamada in tears, both times Ichikawa listening in, but in the former, Ichikawa finally realized he likes Yamada, and in the latter, he finally realizes (conclusively) that she likes him. It is really just smart, effective writing.

I really do not have much to add. I don't really read much manga, but the fact that one of my favorites has been adapted so well has been an absolute pleasure to watch. There is no such thing as a perfect adaptation, and knowing the source material will always bias you more than most people realize, but this really has been a textbook example of how to adapt a work faithfully. I figured familiarity would dull some of the emotional impact from this episode, but I totally underestimated it. Well done.
Feb 10, 2:32 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Hayuume
As someone who did read the manga, I thought I was prepared for this week's episode. But no, I wasn't.

What an amazing display of acting, animation and music. Can't believe this anime is real, damn.

Self-trust and self-love, such an important part of our lifes and was brilliantly done in both the manga and anime.
I just love how he slowly walks to make his speech, with his imaginary-self talking about who is the one that trusts and love him the most.
It is such an important message and it was so beatifully animated here it made me cry ways more than I thought I would, specially considering how short the scene itself is.
Don't even need to mention that the speech itself made me cry even more.

Crazy that I wasn't a big fan of Nanpai (kinda disliked him to be honest) when I read the manga, but now I kinda like him. Once you understand his character, he is not that bad.

Next week we are getting animated what is my favorite comedy sequence from the whole manga. Can't wait.

By the way, with this episode, the anime had just finished Volume 6, that ends at Karte 85. If anyone is curious.
@Hayuume
Hayuume said:

Maybe the most relatable thing ever written on this website.
Feb 10, 2:35 PM
May 2023
This episode was a beautiful poem with anime, the best romance anime I've seen so far

In my opinion, Ichikawa and Yamada dubbers in this episode did the best dubbing in the history of anime.

I saw 2 of the best anime sequences in history in one twenty minute episode, this is amazing
SabokdastFeb 10, 2:40 PM
Feb 10, 2:36 PM

Dec 2023
This episode went from Peak to PEEEEEEAK!!! This episode made me so hyped.
Ickikawa has changed a lot. One of if not the best romance MC that I've seen.

This show is too dangerous for my heart.
Feb 10, 2:41 PM
Oct 2022
amo esto con locura
Feb 10, 2:44 PM
Sep 2017
Subarashi..!!!!
Feb 10, 3:22 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to Maisan888
@Swiss_Bohemian Personally I like it. Looking at it another way, it was Nanjo's way of making Yamada feel less bad about rejecting him, and showing Ichikawa how much trust Yamada has of him
Okay, that makes sense. I should know that because it's also a well-known anime/manga trope, aka making oneself the bad guy so that others feel less bad about their choice of words and action. I just thought that the manga did it well enough without those extra lines.

Theredapple1 said:
I can understand what you mean but if you think about it from like an 8th graders pov they just confessed and person they just confessed to said they liked someone else many 8th grades would act in that way being angry.

Nah, I don't think that's the case with Haruya. Like Maisan888 suggested, it's his way to make Yamada feel less bad about her rejection, which is itself a trope. I work at a middle-school and trust me, middle-schoolers don't talk, think and act the way he does in that scene (or all the other characters, but hey, it's anime).
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

123 by Qweeq13 »»
Jun 12, 9:45 PM

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

28 by Aleapp »»
Jun 10, 4:51 PM

» Is this basicly...

Danuel - Jun 8

10 by Danuel »»
Jun 8, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
Jun 5, 8:22 AM

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
Jun 5, 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.