Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2023 10:37 AM

Jul 2022
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
deg said:
the otaku flag is simple and cool lol

This flag reminds me of some American anime/manga company's logo and my brain cannot figure out which one.  Somebody help me out here?

Episode was kinda meh.  Yet another "Otakus are being persecuted" anime.
Pretty sure it's manga entertainment.
Apr 9, 2023 11:44 AM

Aug 2019
Alright, idk wtf I just watched and I'm not sure if I liked it :/
Apr 9, 2023 3:00 PM

Aug 2013
Not gonna lie, I started this series on the recommendation of my brother (he told me that ch 1 was good), and it honestly reminded me of Shimoneta lol
I like it
Apr 9, 2023 10:34 PM
Dec 2022
What... The.... Fuck.....
Apr 9, 2023 11:42 PM
Dec 2022
Okay, a wild ride that didn't exactly make sense, but it didn't really need to. I have no idea if this show will continue to be this fun, but I really enjoyed the start!
Apr 10, 2023 12:56 AM

Aug 2019
I love how this anime is already completing the task it set out to accomplish. Some people have said it’s taking itself extra seriously. Honestly it doesn’t matter to me if they mean this in a bad or a good way, just hearing words like these lead me to believe that the surface of Jun Inagawa’s vision is only starting to be scratched. There’s more to this and I hope Inagawa’s mind can be captured in even greater ways as this show continues to release.
Apr 10, 2023 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
sorry to say, is this even Mahou Shoujo? looks silly.
2/5.

Apr 10, 2023 7:29 AM
May 2020
The pacing ticked me off a bit, the concept seems really fun, but the execution feels off. I wish that the artstyle was a bit more similar to the opening as well.
Apr 10, 2023 7:41 AM

Dec 2008
I'm not gonna lie, the setting is great. but the visual presentation is mediocre.
I probably can get used to the lame artistic style, but probably not everyone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2023 7:57 AM
Jul 2020
Wow I had no idea what this was just saw it on the list of new releases this season and WOW. Thats was AWESOME and the animation was GREAT. Cant wait to see what happens next
Apr 10, 2023 8:41 AM

Sep 2016
oof the budget in the first episode is already vapor, they're really not executing this whimsical premise very well, it just looks very unimpressive most of the time 

at least we got a memorable opening out of it
infinite money glitch click here for money free mony click here real

Apr 10, 2023 11:27 AM
Oct 2008
Anarchy chan transformation is simply her changing cloths. 10/10
Apr 10, 2023 2:47 PM
May 2020
this is getting too much hate (it's only episode 1). i loved the OP and ED. animation is great. story is original and interesting but maybe i just love a play on the magical girl genre.

tbh magical destroyers seemed made by otakus about otakus for otakus, a love letter to anime if you will.
Apr 10, 2023 3:04 PM

Sep 2021
Very crazy and hard to follow so far. 
Reminds me a lot of last summer's Yurei Deco, which also had a tough time establishing it's ambitios art and world setting. But at least it had a decent mc from the start, which this one is lacking so far. 
I hope next episode will feature some more character development and gives the chaos some proper plot. 
Apr 10, 2023 9:35 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Oh man, that was blast from start to finish. While the premise is absurd, I couldn't help but love every second of what I saw. I always really enjoy shows that are centered around Otaku culture. I have a feeling this will turn into a cult classic. Looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 11, 2023 1:33 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh wow. I wasn't expecting much out of this, but so far I like the kinda silly, quirky, chaotic humor and that kinda Studio Trigger energy. I actually really like it so far! I can see it growing stale if it doesn't play its cards right, but for now it's fine. And dang I like the character designs more than I expected. Like seeing the designs on the website I was thinking they were okay, but seeing them in action, they actually work really well. I appreciated Anarchy's role in this episode and loved that they put in her crying once Otaku Hero came. It helps show that despite her bravery she must have been so freaking scared and I felt that. But she did what she could to make the operation work and help stand up for what she believed in. So far, she's a pretty good character and that surprised me because I wasn't expecting much-- heck I wasn't expecting much out of the anime in general. I love that they're wiling to play with the animation and go off model a bit. Really, I feel a lot of passion from this and I'm excited to see where it goes.

The only gripe I have is how Otaku Hero was ready to give up just like that. There's more to it, and he's right that sometimes it's best to give up if it's putting people more at risk than anything. However, after seeing all that they had done before, it was kind like... yo bro... you came so far and you're really just going to let it all go? And then he was just sitting there to get taken in or something. Like if you're really giving up then maybe help come up with strategies to help get your comrades to adapt to normie life or something. Like giving up requires some thought and planning too. Seemed pretty irresponsible to me. I'll keep an eye on that as the episodes go on. Besides that though, I did like this!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 11, 2023 5:33 AM

Jun 2015
That is most definitely one of the wildest things I am going to watch all week!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 11, 2023 10:27 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
This feels like witnessing the start of a new cult classic.

This OP is utsukushi and absolute bonker

Apr 11, 2023 1:53 PM
May 2015
It was certainly eye-catching, absolutely no idea where it'll go though, it's the sort of show that can go catastrophically good, or wonderfully bad.
Time will tell I guess
Apr 11, 2023 3:06 PM

Feb 2022
Kinda made me confused and the pacing is a bit all over the place but it has potential. I just need some more episodes to be convinced.
The OP is awesome tho.
Apr 11, 2023 6:09 PM
Sep 2008
So much of this episode struck me as Kill la Kill. Like a weird parody...I can’t put my finger on it exactly but there were many weird moments. Here come some insane ramblings...

The initial introduction of Slayer made me think of Nui from Kill la Kill. She has a skull on her head instead of an eye patch, but does have a star on her chest that reminded me of Kill la Kill. She also dispatches the Pro Wrestling Otaku with an umbrella much like Nui to Sanageyama.

The whole GENERAL vibe, art style and animation style was very Kill la Kill. The slide-show style cut out animation was prominently featured throughout. The enemy leaders voice and yelling was very, very similar to Gamagori commanding an army of school students, the way they were all animated was very similar too. Around the two thirds point of the episode when the main confrontation of the episode kicks off I was in total bizarro Kill la Kill land.

Many parts of the OST sounded like and progressed similarly to Kill la Kills soundtrack. This is a hard one to pin down if you aren't listening for it. I can bring up the episode and try to find timestamps later.

A small one, but use of spot lights.

The orange lit room at the end of the episode our antagonists are sitting in (including Slayer who reminds me of Nui) was similar to Ragyo's business room where she would talk to Nui.

There were many more that set off alarms in my head that I might get into if anyone else finds these similarities interesting....

Apr 11, 2023 7:41 PM
May 2018
I'd drop this show immediately if the op wasn't as good as it was so I'll give it a shot.
Apr 11, 2023 8:59 PM
Sep 2008
Interesting part about the Otaku flag (which the custom subtitles unfortunately sort of ruins) is that there is an extra blank space above the upper "O". Its not a perfect + but actually an inverted cross. Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.....
Apr 11, 2023 11:51 PM
SHINING FINGER!!

Dec 2014
It's certainly going to be a chaotic ride judging by 1st ep, but I enjoy the humor. 
"Whatever you lose, you’ll find it again. But what you throw away you’ll never get back."
-- HIMURA KENSHIN 

Apr 12, 2023 3:10 AM
May 2020
The Otaku culture has been annihilated by the "SSC", and an otaku revolution is formed. The episode has been crazy, but it has not upset me. I like the character design a lot, very punk. "If you behave badly, I'll bust you"
Apr 12, 2023 8:01 AM
Sep 2019
Episode was meh
The ending was incredible

It can take a metanarrative turn and get some meaning as it goes on. Narratively speaking it might even have the potential to become a good post-Evangelion anime about otakus, being inept, the masculinity crysis and how girls are percieved from the POV of the guys I just mentioned (using the magical girls just like Eva did with Asuka and Rei). 
I have absolutely no hope for this, but perhaps it might happen

Apr 12, 2023 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
I didn't vibe with this anime and all and it took me a minute to figure out why. After all, it's unique, well animated, and the kind of stupid that can be stupidly fun when you just want a good "no thoughts, head empty" series to watch. And then it hit me:

This first episode delves into issues of censorship and uses not-at-all-subtle holocaust imagery. Over here in the US, we're dealing with record breaking amounts of cencorship and holocaust denial IRL. Plus, Japan isn't exactly known for its great record of acknowledging the holocaust either.

If you're able to just "turn your brain off" and enjoy this one, more power to you, but a lot of the subject matter just hit too close to home for me to appreciate it in a silly action comedy right now.
Apr 13, 2023 1:59 AM

Apr 2015
These otaku parody action shows usually have this layer of metaphor to mask the themes but here the otaku-ness is super straightforward and direct.
Not sure that's a good thing
Apr 13, 2023 2:11 AM

Jul 2010
A stream of pure unconscious delirium against the background of constant companions to prohibitions in the real world. So similar to the early developments of the idea, and exactly the same trash.
May be some anime?
Apr 13, 2023 7:03 AM
Feb 2019
I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I SAW
Apr 13, 2023 8:46 AM

Dec 2016
Haven't watched any anime in like 4 years since Vento Aureo aired, but I was randomly recommended the OP for this on YouTube and it piqued my interest (reminded me of Internet Yamero) so I finally decided to sit down and actually watch something. It's ok. Seems like a wannabe Trigger show like Darling In The Franxx was. I'm hoping there's some crazy subversion shit that happens, because if it's just meaningless stuff like this for the whole show then I'm gonna be very disappointed. I swear, every story centered around Akihabara culture is just... not the best.
Apr 13, 2023 12:39 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just randomly decided to watch this after seeing the opening on youtube and being impressed with the art. So what do we get? Bat-sh*t crazy is what we get. But I'm keeping expectations in check, because of anyone remembers another smaller bat-sh*t crazy show, Sabikui Bisco, with .50 caliber guns mounted atop stampeding hippos, well, that fell off toward the end and just lost its energy. Will MAGICAL DESTROYERS go hard all the way through with a kill-la-kill-like experience? I think it just might. And yay, the next episode airs tomorrow for me, so I can get a taste of what the anime is like post-first-episode. You know, seeing if the insanity continues or if they packed it all into the first episode to get your attention or what not.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 13, 2023 6:30 PM
Jun 2020
LOL this is awesome
Apr 13, 2023 7:58 PM
Mar 2020
I have no idea whats happening and I adore that.
Apr 14, 2023 12:03 AM
Sep 2021
Nice start to the series, it is going to be a fun ride.
Apr 14, 2023 6:42 AM
Apr 2023
Sukebe no Memoria!!
Apr 14, 2023 7:43 PM

Jul 2019
The most out-of-left-field show yet! The pacing is really bad though.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 14, 2023 7:46 PM

Jan 2020
It seems alright for first episode, but as many have said it’s kinda like Rumble Garanndoll. Anarchy seems like a far less annoying character than I had assumed thankfully, but I really hope the Otaku Hero actually does something.
Apr 14, 2023 8:46 PM

Aug 2021
I LOVE A LOT OF CRAZY ANIMES! I'm loving this season!
The art of Magical Destroyers reminds me a lot of Gurren-Lagann and Kill la Kill, and the characters are a mix of Poputepipikku and Madoka Magica!
Apr 14, 2023 8:57 PM
Feb 2021
op is fuckinf fire, art music everything but im reall unsure about the storie
Apr 14, 2023 9:57 PM
May 2020
This was definitely not for me but I’m glad others are enjoying it
Apr 15, 2023 8:18 AM
Nov 2022
i loved the references
Apr 15, 2023 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
Did not seem that fun. I think it is going to be one of those shows that look cool in the first episode - but where the plot is not toooo interesting and the coolness itself can't carrry it over a full cour. Well ... at least onle one cour - so some normal ending should be possible and it should not be tooo long. Heard some from some people that liked episode 1 ... that they liked episode 2 less already.
Apr 15, 2023 4:38 PM
Apr 2021
i'm waited for more
Apr 15, 2023 6:03 PM

Jan 2021
I love this. Otakus truly are the most oppressed minority.

Apr 15, 2023 7:15 PM
Feb 2021
Another season, another Fairouz Ai character screaming at the top of her lungs. Can’t say I didn’t enjoy the insanity.
Apr 15, 2023 8:24 PM

May 2010
This was a big first episode. It was goofy yet unsettling. There is definitely going to get more weird and wild as it goes on and I am excited to see what messed up ideas this is planning to explore.
Apr 16, 2023 8:04 PM

Mar 2008
That was fun but feels like too much to take in in a single episode and became a little confusing what's going on.

First anime ive seen where a hardcore/speedcore baseline was used in a theme song lol
Apr 17, 2023 4:37 PM
Oct 2020
shit is so beautiful
Apr 18, 2023 6:49 AM
Apr 2023
Unique, funny, reminds me of a trigger production. Sleeper of the season.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

42 by katakumplat »»
Jun 16, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2023

32 by katakumplat »»
Jun 2, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2023

41 by katakumplat »»
Jun 1, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

49 by katakumplat »»
May 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

100 by Chipp12 »»
May 17, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.