Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I really felt bad for Ryu since she had trouble maintaining herself.

A lot of emotions went again into this episode but seriously, there's some nasty monsters under deep down in that dungeon. Jesus Christ, what an ending. Bell has been beaten to a gulp and barely looks alive. Yikes.
Sep 22, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Cassandra's "Great Calamity" is just as Ryu feared it would be: the entire Great Falls in screaming agony, and both have every right to tremble in fear, because her memories of her former comrade Alise, it's something that even the Xenos's leader Ouranos had not anticipated of a disaster reborn.

And sure enough, it's the same monster that 5 years ago, decimated Ryu's Astrea Familia in the face of Jura's Rutra Familia who got lucky with their dungeon trap, leaving the abomination that is Jura alive enough to witness its overwhelming power, and now to tame it.

Even with Ouranos being aware of the calamity, given their situation with subjugating the Knossos at the same time, they can't really help out much. But for Ryu, re-living her past trauma is just as fearsome as Jura aims to break her mentality, and it reveals itself as Juggernaut "The Destroyer", whom no one can really stand against it, or face death imminent.

All this while, the 1st half of Season 4 has been building to this: Juggernaut vs. Juggernaut, Rabbit's Foot vs. The Destroyer, and to Bell, the monster is relatively new to him that try all of his attacks against it, it doesn't break a sweat amidst the gruesome damage received, losing an arm and almost a head in the process.

This is the most brutal, violent and gory that DanMachi has ever been, and it's really setting up its paces for even more.
But also, the amount of Talk no Jutsu in this episode is also at its most extreme level of just being a set-up for the final conflict.
KANLen09Sep 22, 2022 7:34 AM
Sep 22, 2022 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
They should kill that fu..ing Jura at first glance. But, they have not and let him brag for half of the entire episode. Just kill him. The situation was obvious that what was Jura want from that monster and Bell did not notice anything about it. Jura needed to describe everything about his plan to him. Why are you so this dumb, Bell Cranel? Come on.... Bell Cranel stop your dumb heroic thoughts and look at the reality.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 22, 2022 7:33 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Bell Cranel, the end of the guy who just wanted to pick up girls in a dungeon. Joking aside what the fuck just happened, holy shit.
Sep 22, 2022 7:36 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good ep.

Glad they didn't hold back on how menacing the Juggernaut is. Sucks all of those random adventurers got mowed down like nothing, and for Bell to lose his arm.

Though personally I felt like the illustration of said scene was much better than how it's portrayed here.

Sep 22, 2022 7:55 AM

May 2020
Was it annoying, watching that dumb af bad villain giving a whole speech about his dirty deeds with Ryu and Bell pleasantly hearing the whole damn thing making all sorts of pikachu faces? FUCK YES.

Anyways will be an instant 10 on 10 season if Bell really bite the dust, but yeah who am I even kidding with.
Sep 22, 2022 7:57 AM

Apr 2010
Am i the only one just waiting to see that terribly written one eared character being killed of in a terribly underwhelming way?
That guy really annoys the heck out of me and it's not just the fact that it's a terrible character there is also that annoying voice he is using.

Anyway another cliffhanger but this time one that's really big it's like they are keeping is in tension over the entire course of the last part of this anime.
The question here is will they revive Bell in some special way most likely involving the mermaid or is he still alive and gets healed by her, maybe Freya will finally make her move?
Since during the last scene he broke his neck which usually means death.
Sep 22, 2022 8:00 AM
Nov 2021
Wow, i guess that's what happens when you have the Novel writter on the team for the season.
It was extremely gory in the book, and usually it would be cut back to PG levels.
Not this time though, not this time.
I'm still shaking JFC.
Sep 22, 2022 8:01 AM
Jun 2020
This episode would be way better if it did take 5 instead of FIFTEEN F#CKING MINUTES to something actually happens.

And now I sure: they used their entire budget in the first couple episodes. What the f#ck was that water effect when the Juggernaut fell into that?
Sep 22, 2022 8:01 AM

Jul 2011
More than half of this episode was bad. Uuuuuh let's keep the characters shouting exposition at each other.

People be like "Something bad is happening, we should retreat, but lets do very slowly to the creature get close to us."

Now, next episodes is Bell reviving because plot-armour, and the evil guy getting the thing he wanted, because 2 episodes he was let to shout exposition, and a battle.
Sep 22, 2022 8:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
AntwanMantilla said:
Pretty good ep.

Glad they didn't hold back on how menacing the Juggernaut is. Sucks all of those random adventurers got mowed down like nothing, and for Bell to lose his arm.

Though personally I felt like the illustration of said scene was much better than how it's portrayed here.

Yeah, the illustration from the novel is a lot more creepy and unreal in some ways. And then the cut to the ED seemed totally out of place.

You can really tell that they work with low budgets in JC Staff. The tricks they used to make the Juggernaut look fast just didn't feel or sound that way. While they did a good job to compensate for it within their means, it just feels underwhelming compared to what you read in the novels about the creature's speed and menace.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 22, 2022 8:09 AM

Nov 2009
The dialogues were... ugh...
Sep 22, 2022 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
Come on DanMachi...most of us aren't here to watch cute girls get torn apart...we're here to watch Bell pick them up in a dungeon
Sep 22, 2022 8:17 AM

Jul 2020
oops Bell Cranel wasted. I wonder what kind of miracle will bring him back to life

The one thing that insanely pissed me off in this episode was this: why tf did Bell and Ryu stand there for 15 damn minutes listening to a completely defenseless one-eared, one-armed(!) guy mocking them?? If they'd killed him right away they at least would've made sure that guy wouldn't tame the beast.

Overall, it was a pretty intense and emotional episode, I can't wait to see how this season/cour/whatever ends
Sep 22, 2022 8:17 AM

Feb 2019
Nah man I needed a 40-45 minute episode today. This was really an insane episode.

From a logical standpoint I was pretty annoyed with how ryu and bell have basically spent two episodes yelling at Jura for being a POS and he explains his whole diabolical plan which will clearly fail as all villains do, yet they don’t attack and kill him? Then you listen to the screams of adventurers for the whole episode and don’t go help?

Other than the logical plot hole I did love how menacing the juggernaut is made out to be. Ripping people’s head’s off, chopping them in two, geysers of blood bursting from people’s lower halves.. wow. Brutal episode
Sep 22, 2022 8:19 AM
May 2021
It's a really good a Adaptation.
I like how realistic the movements of Juggernaut.
Character Design it fantastic, it's wayyyyyy better than what I expected from J.C.Staff's outdated Character Designs.

But it's not even reach 70% of the tone of the Light Novels.
If you liked the anime I prefer to read the Light Novels.
If you didn't, I still prefer the Light Novels since they are Amazing.
They are my most favourite Fantasy Light Novel series.
Sep 22, 2022 8:20 AM
Feb 2016
Juggernaut is finally here, and so, the massacre finally begins. The fact that Jura saw what that thing did and the fucker first idea is to tame that thing tells you enough about how crazy he is.

Poor Cassandra and Marie cannot help to be hopeless during this situation. As even with Bell's best efforts to fight Juggernaut to protect the reaming survivors were not enough. And so Ryu once again relives the worst day of her life. I must say, that I expected this cour to end right when this episode ended as a sadistic way to boost light novel sales.
Sep 22, 2022 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
Softhenic03 said:
Was it annoying, watching that dumb af bad villain giving a whole speech about his dirty deeds with Ryu and Bell pleasantly hearing the whole damn thing making all sorts of pikachu faces? FUCK YES.

Anyways will be an instant 10 on 10 season if Bell really bite the dust, but yeah who am I even kidding with.

hahaha..... Couldn't agree more. You've said everything about what I really thought about this episode. That dumb Bell Cranel was super annoying.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 22, 2022 8:24 AM
Apr 2014
plot too obvious and was layed out too clearly for everyone to figure it out.
Sep 22, 2022 8:26 AM
Dec 2020
dialogues...dialogues...dialogues....dialogues
Sep 22, 2022 8:36 AM
Jan 2022
kudos to the person behind jura's voice. you did a great job because i f****ng hate every second he talks. and that menace sure is brutal, jeez.
Sep 22, 2022 8:38 AM
Nov 2019
should've let ryu kill that guy straight away. at least then we wouldn't have to listen to him for half the episode. also bell kinda stupid to take on a monster like that alone after what he heard about it...
Sep 22, 2022 8:40 AM
Nov 2021
nicothedork said:
kudos to the person behind jura's voice. you did a great job because i f****ng hate every second he talks. and that menace sure is brutal, jeez.

Agreed with everything you said here.
Sep 22, 2022 8:42 AM
Dec 2014
WTF did I just witnessed!!!
Sep 22, 2022 8:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The jug huh the king among irregulars among the dungeons. The monsters voice though sure was a keening one. Like a scythe going through wheat is what the jug is to adventurers. To think that its actually the dungeon's ultimate predator for dealing with extreme threats. The xeno's being borne from the same dungeon would surely know of the existence of the jug after all. Jura trying to tame it is the height of idiocy. But to see even Bell falter against it really was terrifying. Can't wait to see how Bell turns this around though. But why does this season only have 11 episodes and not the usual 12.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2022 9:01 AM
Sep 2020
WORSE EPISODE AND ONE OF THE WORSE MC. I thought he learned something from fighting last season and the ppl that are killed. But no, TRASH MC. FOR THE LAST EPISODE ALL HE CAN SPEAK IS RYU-SAN??????? U FREAKING SERIOUS??????????????????
Sep 22, 2022 9:13 AM
Apr 2017
It was one of the best episodes in an already great season for DanMachi
Sep 22, 2022 9:23 AM
Feb 2021
great episode, nice adaptation of light novel
Sep 22, 2022 9:24 AM
Sep 2021
This isn't PG-13 anymore, yes, I'm happy, that the gore wasn't censored🔥
Sep 22, 2022 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
brutal episode that Juggernaut monster is too strong

is Bell kill? no way im sure the Mermaid will heal him
Sep 22, 2022 9:44 AM
Jan 2008
Aaaaah, at last Bell is almost dead. Finally ! After seasons over seasons of naive decisions to the point of stupidity he's finally punished for it ! The episode was 80% crap, except that last scene where I just laughed when Bell lost his arm. Hilarious.

More seriously, this show had good premise but is just buried under stupid anime tropes, childish MC behavior and a huuuuuuuuuuuge ton of scriptwriting facility to make the plot advance in absurd and highly previsible ways. This show takes its viewers for imbeciles who absolutely need to be explained every little detail, where any logical character behavior is adjusted just for the facility of the plot.

That series is borderline crap. Some episodes are good and the overall pacing is correct but the plot is very badly brought, with annoying/obnoxious characters which behaves like they were not living in a merciless world, full of death, tragedies, backstabbing and suffering. It's a story which should be way more adult to really make sense, but the anime (I haven't read the LN so I don't know if it's like that in the source material or if it has been mellowed out in the anime) seriously kills all the potential just by adding childish and completely out of line behaviors just for the sake of being "teen friendly".

Of course, next episode (or the one after) Bell will get saved by the mermaid and get back on his feet for whatever WTF reason and he will manage to kill the calamity with whatever OP power/equipment he'll get. And everyone will say Wow what a character improvement for Bell !...
Sep 22, 2022 9:47 AM
Dec 2021
Stark700 said:
Damn, I really felt bad for Ryu since she had trouble maintaining herself.

A lot of emotions went again into this episode but seriously, there's some nasty monsters under deep down in that dungeon. Jesus Christ, what an ending. Bell has been beaten to a gulp and barely looks alive. Yikes.

My boy got KITE'D, and man this season is going hard straight to the point of the situation!
Sep 22, 2022 10:08 AM
Sep 2021
I know the thought is typically "heroes don't kill villains, they send them to authorities" but the one ear guy has to die. #1 he is responsible for the deaths being caused now #2 HE JUST TOLD YOU HE WANTS TO TAME IT don't give him a chance. He should have been hearing bells at that point. Other than that great episode but that ending tho, sheesh.
Sep 22, 2022 10:12 AM
Mar 2019
Why they not fking kill that Jura guy already. I bet that monster the one that fking kill him in next episode. Dumb plot for not letting Bell kill other human.
Sep 22, 2022 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
At least Bell finally got punished for being a moron. Too bad the mermaid is probably gonna resurrect him
Sep 22, 2022 10:25 AM

Jun 2016
BlichoBoy said:
People be like "Something bad is happening, we should retreat, but lets do very slowly to the creature get close to us."

You know Juggernaut is fast though, faster than Bell, there is no way these lower level adventures can outrun it. I guess it doesn't matter.
Sep 22, 2022 10:30 AM
Dec 2016
El mejor cap hasta ahora!
Sep 22, 2022 10:33 AM

Apr 2020
RIP Bell kun, you will be remembered..
Must love Moe!
Darkness prevails!!
Slice of Life is all we need!
Sep 22, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2021
one of the things that I don't like about this season is the amount of recaps. the actual ep started at 02.56 and that was the recap+intro. then there were small recaps here and there which just felt like a waste of time considering that clown, jura already wasted our time.
yes, I did find Bell annoying but it's normal as he's innocent, kinda inexperienced in dark subjects (killing humans etc), hasn't experienced extreme loss or grief like ryuu yet and hasn't been an adventurer for more than 6 months ffs.
they did the juggernaut justice by showing how dangerous and ruthless it was. I hope the quality doesn't drop too much considering this is jc staff. nice ep overall tho. seeing marie made my day.
Sep 22, 2022 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
I have a feeling that the mermaid girl will take action and heal Bell as they foreshadowed earlier in the season. Also... Danmachi is that you??? 👀
Sep 22, 2022 10:42 AM

Dec 2020
Nice ep, i really feel bad for ryu how much she must go through and then now bell is killed? it look like.
Holy what is this monster.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 22, 2022 10:51 AM
Sep 2015
3/4 of the episode is filler and when it came to the fight the episode has ended...
Sep 22, 2022 11:02 AM
Dec 2021
I thought this episode would end with absolutely nothing important happening(or being said), but at the last 5 minutes or so, it got better.

That monster is unreal, how can it be that big and fast at the same time, whilst it can repel Magic attacks too. It’s like the kind of cheat Isekai MCs get.

Is this the peak?!!!
Sep 22, 2022 11:04 AM
Dec 2021
Bell was saying nothing but “huh” and asking repetitive questions for more than half of this episode.
Sep 22, 2022 11:05 AM
Oct 2021
When someone grows so fast and strong for me, is nice to see something like a juggernaut that can put nearly anyone in their place. However, the drastic level of deaths in the dungeon and the constant problems of the town, between the earlier moss monster, and the monster break out last season, I would expect would scare a lot of adventurers to go elsewhere. I will expect the mermaid to come for bell next episode
Sep 22, 2022 11:06 AM

Feb 2014
Talk about going from zero to bloody brutality in a blink of an eye!

The Juggernaut finally appears and it didn't waste time in severing anyone in its path and all in graphic and brutal fashion as well. Everyone within the area of that floor was doomed to die when it appeared and there was nothing that the adventurers could do about it.

Despite all of that, Bell did his valiant best to take the thing on, but not only did it repel his firebolt magic, but the Juggernaut proceeded to sever Bell's right arm before using its tail to send Bell flying by whacking his neck to the point of almost breaking. It's the first time his usual way of fighting has properly backfired on him and I can only hope that this spurs Ryu to finally do something before it's all too late. Same goes for Marie, who despite being scared of what's happening, she's put her fears aside and is trying to find Bell as fast as she can. Hopefully she can find him in the next episode.

While I did dismiss the criticism of "Why couldn't Bell and Ryu just kill Jura already?" from last week due to the fact that his Lambton would easily protect him, for this episode, it does have some merit here. Once again, Ryu and Bell aren't the type to simply kill first, ask questions later and hearing from Jura in how he made his plan does give them some good insight and info. Having said that, I kinda wished either of them would at least grab the bastard by the scruff of his neck and send a nice fist or ten to his face. Maybe that'll happen next week, who knows, but as long as Jura gets to suffer in whatever shape or form, I'll be fine with it. XD

I look forward to seeing how the next episode will play out. It's hard to see whether the first cour of season 4 will end on a cliffhanger or not, but it's been a great ride so far, so I hope the next episode to wrap up the first part ends on a satisfying note. =)
Sep 22, 2022 11:36 AM
Nov 2020
i'm a bit sad knowing that they will probably stop this first cour in a bad "spot", and i will need to wait 3 months for the real fun beginning, but i think 50% of the second cour i won't really like, btw, people can like it, i just hope the first cour ends in a good "spot", and maybe F Bell? hehehehe
Sep 22, 2022 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
15 min of talking about how badass this monster is before we finally get to the action.

Least Bells arm landed in water and he close to it. Marie should be able to heal his shit if he lives that long.
curzon17Sep 22, 2022 11:52 AM
Sep 22, 2022 11:57 AM
Aug 2019
oh my, getting overconfident rabbit foot
Sep 22, 2022 12:04 PM
Sep 2019
This was quite surprising especially at the end I had no idea that was going to happen. I feel like something is going to happen to Bell and some crazy power or something. I dont see him going down like that. After all, the show is basically about him. He is the main character.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

228 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 26, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

81 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.