Forum Settings
Forums

'Yowamushi Pedal' Gets Fifth Anime Season for Fall 2022

New
Dec 7, 2021 7:47 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Yowamushi Pedal anime series announced a fifth season on Wednesday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured). The new season, subtitled Limit Break, is scheduled to premiere on NHK G in October 2022.

TMS Entertainment (Fruits Basket, Dr. Stone) is returning to produce the new season. Voice actors Daiki Yamashita (Boku no Hero Academia, Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san) and Tsubasa Yonaga (Free!, IDOLiSH7) are reprising as Sakamichi Onoda and Sangaku Manami, respectively.

Yowamushi Pedal, also known by its short title Yowapeda, adapts Wataru Watanabe's bicycle racing manga, which he began in Weekly Shounen Champion in February 2008. Akita Shoten published the 75th volume on Wednesday. The manga has a cumulative 25 million copies of its volumes in print.

The first season debuted in 38 episodes in Fall 2013, followed by the second season and third season in Fall 2014 and Winter 2017, respectively. The fourth season aired in Winter 2018.

The Yowamushi Pedal sequel film opened in Japan in August 2015, grossing over 470 million yen (approximately US$4.13 million). The Spare Bike anime film, adapting Watanabe's spin-off manga, screened for two weeks beginning September 2016.

The Re:RIDE, Re:Generation, and Re:ROAD anime films, compiling the first, second, and third season with new scenes, premiered in September 2014, June 2015, and October 2017.

Official site: http://yowapeda.com/
Official Twitter: @yowapeda_anime

Source: Moca News

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break on MAL
VindstotMar 26, 2022 11:11 PM

Dec 7, 2021 7:55 AM

Oct 2017
Finally! Really glad this got a new season. Thou damn still gotta wait 10 months. Well atleast I have plenty of time to rewatch the whole thing before it starts airing.
Dec 7, 2021 8:03 AM

Feb 2020
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that unexpected! I am excited (though I already read the manga). Finally they can complete second year saga
AdampkDec 7, 2021 8:07 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 7, 2021 10:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is one of the few popular sports series (The others being Ippo, DnA and Slam Dunk) that I've yet to watch, but I'm glad to see that this is also joining the legendary lineup of 2022 anime
Dec 7, 2021 1:40 PM

Nov 2016
Yowamushi Pedal Gets Fifth Anime Season for Fall 2022. Ok cool.....wait....let's fuuuucking goooooooo!

Seriously, I was expecting more in the future. There simply had to be more seasons after Glory Line left us on such a cliffhanger. I'm just shook because it hit me during one of these moments where I wasn't thinking about the series at all.

Klefki_of_Awsome said:
Tokoya said:
This is one of the few popular sports series (The others being Ippo, DnA and Slam Dunk) that I've yet to watch, but I'm glad to see that this is also joining the legendary lineup of 2022 anime

You forgot Haikyuu!! and Kuroko's Basket (unless that was on purpose, lol)~^^'>3

He said series he has yet to watch hehe.

FMmatronDec 7, 2021 3:14 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2021 1:58 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
A little late I think~ But better late then never~=v='3
Dec 7, 2021 1:59 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Tokoya said:

You forgot Haikyuu!! and Kuroko's Basket (unless that was on purpose, lol)~^^'>3
Dec 7, 2021 2:53 PM

Jul 2008
FINALLY !
I'm excited to finally know how the last race between Onoda and Manami's will go !
It was such a cliffhanger !
Dec 7, 2021 7:10 PM

Jan 2021
Oh jeez, now I'm excited! :'O
Forum Icon is from Kekkai Sensen
Dec 7, 2021 11:32 PM

Aug 2014
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Every year since last season ended I've re-watched Komari's episode on his birthday, it helps me to keep going despite how lame that may look like... I was already giving up hope on another season, so glad to be wrong. It's a long wait, but it will be worth it, these sweaty cycling boys are too precious. Need my Midousuji fix more than ever.

Also, I really wanted ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D to have another OP or ED, but they're on hiatus... maybe this can help them come back out of that, one loser can dream, right?

Tokoya said:

First two seasons are sick as all hell, I started watching it to fill the void Haikyuu left between its seasons but now I think I like them equally. I hope you do watch it eventually, it kind of flies under the radar outside of Japan I think (it's on Netflix now, but it never even got a dub...), so I'll never waste an opportunity to shill it some more :^)
Dec 8, 2021 12:28 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah. More Hime Hime scenes.
Dec 8, 2021 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
Too bad it gets worse with every season and I have no reason to believe it'll be any different this time.
Dec 8, 2021 5:13 AM
Jan 2021
OK I WHIL TAKE MY ROADBIKE OUT AND DRIVE MORE! This Anime is my first Anime on japanese and my best. I bought a real Roadbike after watching it and make sport because of it. This is my favorite Series of al time. I whait very long but now my waiting has meaning, my life has meaning now. Im happy now. I collect al the Manga 1-18 on english from Yen press. Im so proud of me that I find this hidden Gem. I have tears. The hype is real. Lets go Onoda!
Dec 8, 2021 5:26 AM

Sep 2013
That's nice, will have to watch the last 2 seasons first..
Dec 8, 2021 5:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
Tokoya said:

Like what @Klefki_of_Awsome said, those are the popular series that I've yet to watch....I've already seen Haikyuu, KnB, Free etc
Dec 8, 2021 6:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hollweg said:
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Every year since last season ended I've re-watched Komari's episode on his birthday, it helps me to keep going despite how lame that may look like... I was already giving up hope on another season, so glad to be wrong. It's a long wait, but it will be worth it, these sweaty cycling boys are too precious. Need my Midousuji fix more than ever.

Also, I really wanted ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D to have another OP or ED, but they're on hiatus... maybe this can help them come back out of that, one loser can dream, right?

Tokoya said:

First two seasons are sick as all hell, I started watching it to fill the void Haikyuu left between its seasons but now I think I like them equally. I hope you do watch it eventually, it kind of flies under the radar outside of Japan I think (it's on Netflix now, but it never even got a dub...), so I'll never waste an opportunity to shill it some more :^)
I will take your word for it and bump it up on my PTW list lol
Dec 8, 2021 1:09 PM

Apr 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if some die hard otaku takes over the industry and gives the green light to any idea.
Dec 8, 2021 5:55 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
@Tokoya Ahh I see, Haikyuu!! is really good btw, and not because its a famous series or anything like that, I just genuinely enjoyed it, lol~!<3 X3

Also, what's DnA?
Dec 8, 2021 6:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
@Tokoya Ahh I see, Haikyuu!! is really good btw, and not because its a famous series or anything like that, I just genuinely enjoyed it, lol~!<3 X3

Also, what's DnA?
Diamond no Ace....The baseball anime
Dec 8, 2021 6:02 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
Tokoya said:
Klefki_of_Awsome said:

Also, what's DnA?
Diamond no Ace....The baseball anime

Ahh right, I'm watching that rn haha, really good sports anime!>:P>
Dec 9, 2021 7:34 PM
Oct 2020
Well, we can see again seiyuu event few years ago when tsugu made "prank and meme" by everyone (male casts), especially shimono, kishio, abe, washizaki and mamo-chan

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHp0FF18dW0&list=PLfQkJyASkNCRHd8haiWYyqggIM3AeLgmx&index=6
Dec 10, 2021 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
I hope Hime hime comes back.
Dec 10, 2021 8:52 PM

Jul 2013
wow this show is still going? i should catch up lol, i stopped for a bit after s2

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.