Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, that cafe serving some delicious food for Reiko and Oguma. Plus, I like how this episode connects them more as friends and Reiko being confident about her tastes.

Those cafe owners seems like friendly people too. It's always nice to meet more characters in this show.
May 26, 2021 7:44 AM

Mar 2021
Flo-san is still winning this time but Kurodine-chan was a tough opponent, 88 to 93 very close! At least she won the 150 funny expressions book which is nice. Wonderful episode.
May 26, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
shii-chan is always just way too cute T^T... was interesting that her dad was american but that mother was even more interesting, that restaurant looked really cool too. reiko and koguma's relationship is so cute and wholesome though, always going around together in their cubs. im kinda jealous tbh, would be cool to have a friend to go around different places with and do stuff like that.

also reiko wanna buy some guns lol
May 26, 2021 8:11 AM

Apr 2010
That place was kinda cute tho it's clear the girls made a impression on Shii-chan if she is bringing them home.
It was also funny how she tried to lure them away before her mother got home.

And Reiko looking at guns was nice, it's pretty clear where her interests are.
May 26, 2021 8:24 AM

Jun 2019
Another wonderful and sweet episode. It's cold here already and Koguma and Reiko are having some coffee talks. Their new friend Shii is still pretty shy but really adorable in nature.
One sip of coffee and their world lightened up that was pretty sweet. Shii's father is a nice guy as well. Apparently, the whole cafe is a really nice place to chill out.

I love their relationship so much. Reiko and Koguma are so sweet. Reiko looking at guns and Koguma telling her why they are here in the first place. Koguma keeps Reiko in check. Those handlebar covers are pretty handy. LOL. Money is always a big constraint for Koguma, so that's an affordable choice.
May 26, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Coffee or barley on a cold, brzzzz winter day, and both has to suppress the hotness for coffee. And Shii-chan's café place proposition might just be the best.

Ohh, so Shii-chan is using an Alex Moulton bike, that's another historical heritage of marketing material right there, more or less her cafe aesthetic which transcends American and British culture and her dad with the full American-ish facial beard look. Totally a biker café feel for some free coffee for Reiko and Koguma. I genuinely love the father-daughter banter, and it was certainly a nice and calm experience.

Looking for winter wear, and Reiko's looking at some old school guns, while Koguma bought a mess tin. The shopping trip definitely has the Yuru Camp feel to it. Affixing handlebar covers to their Cubs though, it does not look impressive, but once you try it, you can't stop haggling at it, which Koguma brought us another smiling smirk, HEH.

Shii-chan's mother being British with a fascination for all things American, her father being American who's done with the mundane city life, and with the adorable Shii-chan who desires all things Italian, this family's cross-culture is unique for both Cub girls to see (and the audience too).

With a warm cup of coffee and handlebar covers, this episode is charming.
May 26, 2021 8:36 AM

Feb 2020
Absolutely wholesome and sweet episode. Shii-chan was so adorable again. I also liked her parents. They are such a nice people.

SerafosJan 13, 3:26 AM
May 26, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2020
Did anyone notice the colors get warmer when Koguma sipped from the coffee? real nice touch.
May 26, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2020
angry Koguma was so cuteeeee
May 26, 2021 8:54 AM

Dec 2020
usually tend to not like the "timid small cutesy" character a lot but i can't help but love shii. her cafe is also really cool, very interested to see how she'll get her cub but it looks like her mom will play a big part into it?

also, is it just me or is koguma quieter? last part was nice tho, with her smiling bc she bought a handler cover. is it really that necessary ? i mean im in a tropical country so i cant say anything about a cold weather but does most people get gloves at that time?
May 26, 2021 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
What a multinational cafe!!! The French cafe name, German bread, English sandwiches, American diner interior, and Shii's Italian coffee. Well, at least, Koguma and Reiko got a new place to hang out with delicious food and coffee.

halcyonparade said:
Did anyone notice the colors get warmer when Koguma sipped from the coffee? real nice touch.

The color seems to change when Koguma is happy or when there are good things happen to her.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 26, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 2017
This Anime shouldn't be as good as it is... I find myself having the same goofy smile as BEST GIRL!! Koguma
May 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
Shii has quite the familly alright, their tastes are so different. Also I was wondering how Shii's so tiny with a father that big, so it was her mom eh. She's tiny and pretty. It was fun watching Koguma and Reiko in Shii's place.
May 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Mar 2019
The cafe is brilliant...a combination of everything. It looks so relaxed and idyllic as well. Great place.

Watching it is simply relaxing.

Btw those gloves the bought are really useful ngl, it helps keeping warm.
May 26, 2021 9:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, it's even colder than in the previous episode, but it was relaxing...
I really like that cafe's design, the mix between the cultures xD
May 26, 2021 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
Reiko seems to be acquainted with Shii's family. Unless I'm insane, the previous episode made it seem like she and Shii had never interacted before.

The way she allowed for the possibility of going to the cafe, even if it wasn't practical, was a really sweet way to end the episode. Perhaps the first time she wanted to do something that didn't only serve her needs?
syncrogazerMay 26, 2021 9:58 AM
May 26, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2019
Shii-chan is adorable and her parents are quite the family lol. The cafe is such a nice set up. One thing that never fails to impress me about this show is how it takes such a simple concept and does so much with it. Beautiful.
May 26, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2018
Reiko and Oguma going for some free coffee, relaxing episode as always.
Really beautiful when Oguma drank from the coffee and everything became more colorful.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 26, 2021 10:01 AM
May 2021
syncrogazer said:
Reiko seems to be acquainted with Shii's family. Unless I'm insane, the previous episode made it seem like she and Shii had never interacted before.

I think she visited the cafe before
May 26, 2021 10:04 AM

Jun 2019
Now we got to know more about Shii. I'm going to need Nendoroids of these three.
May 26, 2021 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
dzmetal said:
I think she visited the cafe before

I guess so. But it came out of nowhere that makes last episode even odder lmao
syncrogazerMay 26, 2021 10:21 AM
May 26, 2021 10:16 AM

Jan 2021
Shii is so adorable. I really like her Mom and Dad too. As always, the tone changes are immaculate and beautiful.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 26, 2021 10:24 AM

Apr 2020
I died when her mom showed up in the Chevy C10 🤣
May 26, 2021 10:38 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Shii really stole the show this week. She's such an angel. Her family run cafe was a comfy place, despite the crazy theming. I found it a bit odd that Shii was embarrassed to show her mother. Was she ashamed that she wasn't Japanese? Or because she seems somewhat flamboyant?

Speaking of, is Shii even Japanese at all? She has a white mother and I don't think her father is Japanese either. I never would have guessed she wasn't Japanese herself.

Nice color shift when Koguma drank the coffee. That and the limited use of music to show how she's feeling has been a nice artistic decision.

I think the only thing I'm disappointed in is the deterioration of Koguma's character. She went from a lonely, cute girl that I sympathized with to a standoffish girl with almost sociopathic tendencies. She never really seems to care about other people, even Reiko. I was worried she might decline Shii's offer, I'm glad she didn't. And at least she acknowledged that going to that cafe isn't a bad idea.
May 26, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2015
hehe "a tiny silver of italy" xD
man, this episode was so freaking cute.. love the multinational family of Shii and her embarrasment of not trying to show her cringy (shethinks) parents to other friends lmao..
i thought her mother was american.. but she is rather japanese and loves doing American thingies like dying hair or blue color lens etc..
May 26, 2021 12:08 PM

Apr 2021
I like how they're openly spoofing the mix-and-match pseudo-Europe trope where stuff like France and Germany are one and the same fairyland.

Still, I can not accommodate Shii's dislike of RYE BREAD. What is wrong with you, Shii.

Third, I need a trangia setup too. Or something like that. Summer vacation is coming up, after all, and it's going to be a local one.

It's also interesting how Koguma's turning out to be a bit of a jerk. Hope that develops into some laughs.
May 26, 2021 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
I have to love the "mother-daughter" dynamic that Koguma and Reiko had while browsing in the store, where Reiko couldn't help but get distracted by the guns on display. I can easily relate to Reiko here.

Once again, we get to see Shii once more and Koguma and Reiko took up on Shii's offer to visit her cafe. The cafe itself was a complete mix of different cultures inspired from France, Germany, Italy, USA and the UK, but at the same time, it fits in so well. Even Shii's mother turns up in a Chevrolet pick-up while looking like someone who'll fit in a quaint British village made me laugh, too! =P

Once again, it was a real treat to see the colours of the show brighten up when Koguma was happy and it happened multiple times. Her monologue at the end about wanting to indulge herself every now and then was a nice touch as well.

I can understand why a few users here aren't impressed with Koguma recently, but I hope they weren't expecting her to become upbeat and mellow super easily. Honestly, I like Koguma the way she is right now, as she's willing to let herself indulge in fun and pleasure here and there, while also being focused on improving her riding experience in preparation for Winter. Proof of this was how she won Reiko over with the addition of the handlebar covers. Sometimes practicality matters more than looks, right? =)
May 26, 2021 2:20 PM

Sep 2017
So new girl is from a family of westaboos. Handlebar hands guards may be effective but ngl they look dumb af lol.
May 26, 2021 3:01 PM

Apr 2018
Such a cute episode visiting Shii-chan in her café. The expressions they make are so wholesome and cute!
May 26, 2021 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
Preparing for the colder seasons, is always a freaking pain. As pretty these seasons can be, I hate them the most. Those handlebar guards look a bit silly though.

Reiko be into guns eh? Not bad! I do love how Koguma was the mother figure in the shop and dragging Reiko away from anything that distracts her while shopping, but instead she got herself something that she did not plan to get.

The color changes man, every time they got brighter it just makes me feel warmer inside. This show really captures Koguma's feelings so well into the color palette.

Was nice to have another episode with more Shii-chan. She's so adorable and I love that her parents own a western styled cafe. Was nice to see Europe being represented quite a bit here, next to America with the yellow pick-up truck and Shii-chan's mum who gets out that just screams "foreigner" haha. The way that Shii-chan didn't want Reiko and Koguma to see her mum makes me believe she's embarrassed of her appearance or something?

Not gonna lie, that would be a place worth visiting if it is anything like the show represents it to be.
May 26, 2021 4:02 PM

Sep 2019
Shii was really cute. She wanted to hide her mom but it didn't work lol.
May 26, 2021 4:19 PM

Nov 2013
i love shii chan's family's cafe ut i wonder why was she so embarrassed to let them meet her mother? their whole family is so lovely and the mum is really pretty
May 26, 2021 5:15 PM

Feb 2021
Her mom rolling up in a squarebody you can hear from inside - that did this episode for me. GN!
May 26, 2021 6:36 PM

Jan 2020
Ah yes, I am super relaxed right now. The whole cafe and shopping parts were super sweet. The way Reiko stared at the guns was funny for some reason lol. I think she's still my top 1 in the series but all characters are amazing in their own ways

May 26, 2021 7:04 PM

Jun 2017
Today it was Beethoven's Pathetique 2nd mov. at the end.
I'm curious about the music that played during the mother scene. I'm so getting this OST when it comes out.

May 26, 2021 7:30 PM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
Those slight color changes are nice.
May 26, 2021 9:16 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Shii's place and family introduction. A lovely transnational cafe to stop by a riding girls like both of them, surely a wholesome view to be get it. A father who loves the german much, an american-loving mother, and a tiny sliver of italy. Reiko obviously hit some good words there, ngl.

That's the place where they've gonna visit much, as their cafe racer. The respond of Koguma always give me a chill. She was liking the place so much. Imma kinda curious how its bringing the relationship of the three of them closer, as its already gotten more good than before. But, well, lets stick first to the Koguma and Reiko effort preparing their cubs ready for the next winter. Handlebars cover, first check. Its not over yet. So, what else they've got next?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 26, 2021 9:45 PM
Apr 2014
Tirinchas said:
Today it was Beethoven's Pathetique 2nd mov. at the end.
I'm curious about the music that played during the mother scene. I'm so getting this OST when it comes out.

Thank you, I was trying to remember the name of that piece when I heard it! One of those instantly recognizable ones that I tend to forget the name of.
May 26, 2021 9:50 PM
Oct 2016
German bread ? italian bread ? wtf dont eat that nasty thing wheres the french bread wheres the french food in a french name restaurent ! haha at least it was comfy seeing them drinking some hot coffee after a cold ride. ahh takes me back
May 26, 2021 10:01 PM

Jul 2016
Reiko looked like such a child while admiring the guns xD

Also, Shii's parents are such an interesting couple. Would absolutely love to visit their cafe and try their coffee and bread if I could.

Chill episode as usual. Embarrassed Shii is so cute~
SouthRzVaMay 26, 2021 10:04 PM
May 27, 2021 12:53 AM
May 2019
Serafos said:
Absolutely wholesome and sweet episode. Shii-chan was so adorable again. I also liked her parents. They are a nice people. :)

funny enough her parents are the only ones we've seen.
May 27, 2021 12:55 AM
May 2019
This episode was a lot better then the last though I must say the protagonist is getting on my nerves a bit with the way she talks. She supposed to be coming out of here she'll but she still speaks in that ear grading monotone voice. It almost sounds robotic in some scenes. I like the show a lot but good lord
May 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
My goodness, I'm so glad to have picked up this gem as it started airing.
This episode alone made me slime (lol, that spelling mistake; ofc I meant Smile xD) so much, it was just so sweet all around <3

also:
my german heart approves of Shiis Dad and their bakery.
Really nice family ^_^
May 27, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2016
What a family, a German loving dad, an American loving mother and an Italian loving daughter lmao. Another fantastic and heartwarming wholesome episode. I say it every episode and I'll probably say it again next week but whatever, it's just really awesome to see Koguma and Reiko become closer and closer.

Beurre actually looks really nice and comfy even with all the multinational themes, plus those bread on display looks very delicious. When Koguma drank the coffee and then the color popped and the instrumental of the OP played... man, serotonin just overflowed within me, that was amazing. Our biker girls now have their biker hangout cafe.

Shii is so smol, she's so cute and her father really called the Italians clowns lmao. Those handlebar covers really do be looking dorky but hey, it looks really comfortable, comfort > style. Really looking forward to the next episode!
May 27, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
This episode in a show about Japanese motorcycles is the multicultural advertisement we need, it almost makes one forget all the covid rules violations of sharing a drink with one's pal smh my head.

On the more serious side, the more Koguma opens up to the world and the more she smiles, the better this show gets. I mean, this show does know how to sell a good smile better than it sells the Cubs themselves.
May 27, 2021 2:03 PM

Feb 2007
Reiko and Koguma doing yuri things with sharing coffee (and indirect kisses). ^_^

Nice touch with the colors getting brighter when Koguma drank the coffee.

But seriously, I can't hear the name Shii-chan without my brain immediately going Waku Waku Shequasar. :P
May 27, 2021 5:25 PM

Jul 2020
Great episode, but dang, Shii just dissed Germany hard!

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

May 27, 2021 6:38 PM

Oct 2008
Shii-chan will lead a capable life since she's young and already taking over the family business sometime near the future...nice!
5/5.

May 27, 2021 7:28 PM

Jun 2019
The change to warmer colors when they drink the coffee was such a nice touch.
May 28, 2021 12:23 AM

Apr 2011
Haha. How the tables have turned how Koguma is the one buying on impulse.

I wonder if Shii-chan will be get herself a cub in the future. Would love to see the trio going on adventures.

Do they not realized that the two had indirect kisses twice already? Or just don't care at all. lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

126 by Vene »»
May 27, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

106 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

90 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2021

170 by Ethan348 »»
Apr 27, 4:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.