Forum Settings
Forums

Do you understand people who hate your favorites?

New
Is Nichijou the Best Anime?
Apr 11, 2021 7:03 PM

Mar 2021
As a fan of Nichijou, I can say for a fact
No.
You don't make sense.
Look at the cat.

Look at him until you give Nichijou the score it deserves.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 11, 2021 7:04 PM

Jul 2007
Anyone who doesn't like DB and DBZ was dropped on their head as a child harder than infant Goku was.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Apr 11, 2021 7:04 PM

Jan 2020
Yes If they give a good reason why.

Reasons like "I hate Gintama because it has a lot of high rated entries" are not good reasons and I will not take their opinions seriously

Apr 11, 2021 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
EndlessMaria said:
Anyone who doesn't like DB and DBZ was dropped on their head as a child harder than infant Goku was.

Now this is an opinion I can get behind.
Apr 11, 2021 7:11 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck I said yes in the poll. the poll question is different from the topic question. I couldn't stand Nichijou, dropped it after the first episode.

EndlessMaria said:

Haha can't argue with that :D
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

THE HYPE IS REAL!! It's time!! 2 Become a legend, the Ghost of Tsushima
Apr 11, 2021 7:12 PM

Apr 2020
Yes. I accept that they hate my favorites. Just giving a valid reason makes it understandable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2021 7:15 PM

Nov 2015
I love Nichijou. It's comedy. It doesn't please everyone.

I think Dragonball is superior to DBZ.

Fuck me... I don't know what to answer since Nichijou IS MY FAVORITE.
Apr 11, 2021 7:16 PM

Mar 2021
Coaghim said:
Fuck I said yes in the poll. the poll question is different from the topic question. I couldn't stand Nichijou, dropped it after the first episode.

EndlessMaria said:

I see we have a peepee poopoo head in the comments here.
Are you ready to die?
Apr 11, 2021 7:17 PM

Aug 2013
KatieNeko06 said:
Coaghim said:

I see we have a peepee poopoo head in the comments here.
Are you ready to die?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

THE HYPE IS REAL!! It's time!! 2 Become a legend, the Ghost of Tsushima
Apr 11, 2021 7:17 PM

Nov 2015
Sure, if they can explain. I mean, they're wrong, but they're entitled to their opinion.
Apr 11, 2021 7:29 PM

Mar 2020
People have differing tastes, I only care about mine, I don't really care to understand someone elses tastes...there is basically no added value for trying to.

So I guess I understand to the point we have different tastes but don't go beyond that.
Apr 11, 2021 7:31 PM

Jun 2020
I don't care what others think about my favourites...
Thier disliking doesn't change anything...
So for the question "Do you understand people who hate your favorites?"
Even if I understand their point, I don't care...
Apr 11, 2021 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
No, but I understand why they would hate Nichijou.
Apr 11, 2021 7:33 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Yes.

I can't remember the user right now, but they definitely found some of my favorite anime to be mediocre or bad. But we could still be friends, regardless of that.

Well, that goes for a lot of my friends' list.

Of course we like and dislike things for different reasons. So I understand that. I'm allowed to wholeheartedly disagree as much as they do, but definitely not to the point of not allowing myself to understand their point of view.

Unlike other people, I really don't care if you give a reason or not. If you like it or dislike it, so be it.

@EndlessMaria
Bros... my knees are uncontrollably falling to the floor.... Is Dragon Ball that BASED???
ChartTopper60Apr 11, 2021 7:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2021 7:35 PM

Mar 2020
I think I've only ever encountered one person who has hated my favorites.
And their reason for it was that I told them "Don't take ratings too seriously." no other reason or explanation given.

And well, people will always dislike something, as long as you can explain why, I don't really mind.
Apr 11, 2021 7:35 PM

Oct 2019
please explain why you hate golden kamuy if you are reading this and hate it.
signature under construction lol
Apr 11, 2021 7:38 PM

Oct 2020
Yes, I don't care. You are allowed to have an opinion. That's what free will is

Apr 11, 2021 7:40 PM

Dec 2018
My favorites are pretty popular. Code Geass probably gets the most flak out of the three, but even then that's rare. Fate/Zero gets a little bit of flak for being "boring" because the characters "talk too much" but that's it.

I mean I understand those criticisms, I just don't agree with them.
Apr 11, 2021 7:42 PM

Jan 2021
Everyone has a different opinion. So if someone hates my favorites, they have to give a valid opinion.
Apr 11, 2021 7:50 PM

Dec 2020
I understand why people don't like Gintama cause not everyone has a cultured humor sense.
I also understand why people don't like Fate Stay Night because not everyone read the VN.
Finally, I understand why people don't like Steins;Gate cause they are an impatient son of bitches who can't watch past 3 episodes cause of the stupid 3-episode rule shit.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Apr 11, 2021 7:52 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
No I don't as I don't feel like I need to understand their different taste nor their criticisms.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 11, 2021 7:52 PM
May 2020
No, I don't and it isn't. But I can spare a minute of mine to pray for them, praying for their brain getting upgraded so they can finally like my favorite anime.
Apr 11, 2021 7:54 PM
Jan 2012
Oh you sneaky bastard. I voted yes anyway, Nichijou is pretty great.

I understand why people are hesitant to watch Ping Pong the Animation, but it still hurts my soul seeing people avoid it because of it's different art style.
Apr 11, 2021 7:58 PM

Dec 2019
Everyone will have a tastes war; all users judge each other their tastes.
Apr 11, 2021 8:01 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Nichijou is a masterpiece and is one of the animanga that made me laugh so much. I remember one panel that made me laugh for 30 minutes straight, so both entries have a perfect 10 in my list!

It's one of the best in the comedy genre, and I won't deny that.

Since Island isn't a comedy anime, I can't objectively judge between the both xD
Apr 11, 2021 8:01 PM

Aug 2020
I understand people who hate konosuba because they don't like the isekai parody, but when they say "almost all the females have big tits, that's sexism" i just go do something else...

I mean, isekai genre is popular for this, and it's just a 2D figure, why you care? I not even taking in account the fact all the girls in the franchise are a stereotype, which is joked a lot.
Apr 11, 2021 8:05 PM

Dec 2018
I hate my favourites as well so I fully understand why someone would hate them.
Apr 11, 2021 8:05 PM
Jan 2021
Yea I can completely understand why people hate my ffavanimes, it's completely subjective, so it's what they feel. I can disagree, but that's my opinion. I'm not obsessive to a point where I can't take criticism of my fav anime, every anime can be critiqued by someone, so it is what it is.
Apr 11, 2021 8:08 PM

Oct 2013
Of course I can. I'm a firm believer of not praising your favorite media as some kind of flawless gem. Anyone who thinks that is just fooling themselves.

Also, that cat is terrible. Not even in the top 100 cats. I can say that for a fact even though I've never seen Nichijou .
Apr 11, 2021 8:19 PM
Apr 2020
I am never going to reveal my fav anime ever again
Like who doesn't like Mistreated Bride
Don't be a ketsunoana
Apr 11, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2021
Everyone has a different opinion. So if someone hates my favorites, they have to give a valid opinion.
Apr 11, 2021 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
Their reasoning is more important than their conclusion.
Apr 11, 2021 8:32 PM
May 2018
yes, but there's a lot of people that don't be reading and gives some dumb reasonings.
Apr 11, 2021 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
Wow. People have different taste, and you can't force them to like your favorite dish, even though you made them one.

My sister doesn't like my taste, and I too, don't like her taste, which is sad. But then again, I'll just ignore it, so that it won't be worse.
Apr 11, 2021 8:59 PM
Aug 2020
I kind of just let people think whatever they want to think. "MY" favorites are the shows "I" like, so it doesn't really matter to me what other people think about it
Apr 11, 2021 9:00 PM

Feb 2021
I got 'em in the way that everyone has different tastes. But that's exactly why I don't get the need to hate on others opinions
Everyone has a different way of enjoying anime, you aren't superior for watching some kind or other

Apr 11, 2021 9:03 PM

Jul 2020
Most of the time I can understand why
Apr 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Mar 2016
There's no stopping the peepee poopoo heads.
Apr 11, 2021 9:35 PM

Oct 2019
yes but no. my favorites are series with quality and they dont have basic storylines. so if a person giving really really bad scores to my favs, id not get this. but if he says he didnt like and giving a 5-6 i can accept. but they have to tell a great reason to hate.
Apr 11, 2021 9:36 PM

Jan 2020
Yes, I understand we have different opinions, view and think about things differently. But if it's for a really stupid reason like "It's not even a good show" or "the community is toxic", I will not take that.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 11, 2021 9:40 PM

Apr 2020
I try to be as open minded as possible and try to lurk in many anime related places online. Doing that made me easily able to understand why people don't like some of my favorites.

beep boop bop pow
Apr 11, 2021 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
It's fine if they don't like my favorites. But I hate those kind of people that constantly bash on a particular show just cause they don't like it. On top of that, they don't even have good reasons to justify hatred.
Apr 11, 2021 9:55 PM

May 2019
Yes, I could understand if people won't like my favourites because people have different taste and opinions on them. But I could't take them seriously if their reasonings are simply dumb and can't at least appeciate the good parts from my faves.

Apr 11, 2021 9:57 PM

Feb 2019
Nah, nichijou isn't best but one of the worst anime.

Ot: i don't know if i understand or nott
Apr 11, 2021 10:05 PM

Aug 2012
Yes. But only because everyone's taste is different. It's kinda like I hate seafood, beef, eggs, and asparagus, but many people love those things... I don't hate on them for liking things that aren't to my taste. But anyone who can eat wheat has my anger because I'm allergic and it sucks to go out to eat and not be able to eat 99% of the shit on the menu (it's a new allergy and I'm still pissed that anything with flour in it has wheat in it, unless it's a special flour like almond flour or gluten free flour. Just about FRIGGIN' EVERYTHING has wheat in it and I'm still pissed and wanted to share that lol).
Apr 11, 2021 10:09 PM
Oct 2019
It is very much possible to understand people who dislike your favorites as long as they are valid arguments. Different opinions exist and that just makes things more interesting because people will have more to talk about
Apr 11, 2021 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
I can understand why someone wouldn't like some of my favorite anime. And I don't mind, as it's not like I made these anime:

-Date a Live is a typical, harem anime with not much to offer.
-Highschool DxD has lots of fan service, which can turn a lot of people off.
-Monster can be seen as very slow and boring.
-Konosuba can be seen as very repetitive.
-Kill la Kill is ridiculous and insane (but that's why I love it).
-Ultimate Survivor Kaiji's art style can be viewed as hideous.

What I don't understand is why people become so upset when someone doesn't like their favorite anime. It's like, yeah, I wouldn't be happy if someone trashed Vinland Saga, but I wouldn't be that upset.

SlipperyCloud said:
It is very much possible to understand people who dislike your favorites as long as they are valid arguments. Different opinions exist and that just makes things more interesting because people will have more to talk about

But that's the thing: most people don't care enough as to why they like something, to a point where they're willing to think hard and justify verbally why they like/dislike something. It's like, if the average person doesn't like Date a Live, they won't know how to, or care to, verbalize why they dislike it. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Apr 11, 2021 10:22 PM

Sep 2020
It really doesn't bother me If anyone hates my favorites.
ㄟ( ▔, ▔ )ㄏ

◽◽◽

ᓚᘏᗢ

◽◽◽

Having lived through trauma and mind-fucking, I'm accustomed to it now.

Apr 11, 2021 10:23 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I remember this friend who is a solid fan of DBZ, he watched it on adult swim iirc. I told him I never got interested as a kid and he called me a hater. lol

On the other hand, as a kid I had no qualms watching both shounen and shoujo and didn't really flinch despite being called gay for it. It is kinda annoying though
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Apr 11, 2021 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
No, by definition I can't understand anyone who hates my favorites, but If you gave it a 6 or better, then that's fine.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 4 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

152 by FFandMMfan »»
3 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9114 by JPZ »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you liked more on second viewing

JoeChip - 11 minutes ago

2 by Rhae »»
4 minutes ago

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - 1 hour ago

5 by Paul »»
14 minutes ago

» Your Favourite Anime Quotes!

on-luffy - Dec 2, 2023

45 by Chronon »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.