Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2021 8:57 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They have been rescued by the two demons, they say they dont eat humans but they still seem suspicious. At least there is still a human territory but they still have to find it. They are training to use a bow, it is extremely hard actually Im surprised they manage to do it easily.Still very nice to finally see kids working hard both at school and outside. Emma is a good student and will be great at hunting. I hate this kind of birds, killing it with the gupna looked good
The landscapes outside looked very good
Jan 14, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
Demons Sonju and Mujika have heralded their demonic presence onto Ray, Emma and the Grace Field children escapees, giving them the presence of mind as heretics, as opposed to the human-eating demons.

The world that hasn't changed in 30 years, the Earth that has both humans and demons living in harmony through a promise...and the Grace Field House a living house for high-grade humans for breeding, there is still hope to see the "promised" human world for the segregated world over 1000 years, but it's another to cross it.

In the meantime, learning the survival instinct is essential for the Grace Field children, and worries over the 4 grown-ups (Ray, Emma, Don and Gilda) are warranted.

Emma requesting Sonju for the intent to kill, seems like a legit reason to protect the children in case of impending troubles. The Gupna demonic ceremony...that's how Conny and the others were dealt the same way: an offering to the gods.

It takes a strong resolution to step into the outside world, this world is ever cruel.
KANLen09Jan 16, 2021 5:03 AM
Jan 14, 2021 10:31 AM

Nov 2019
Religious demons the so called heretics of this society, in other words omnivorous demons. I honestly thought the kids were gonna panic and lose hope, but the exact opposite occurred. It was funny and heartwarming to see the younger siblings scolding Emma and Ray.
666Jan 14, 2021 10:38 AM

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 14, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Meeting 2 kind demons, and a great tale they showed us there, so there was something like that in the past, where demon and human hunted/fightback each other till they got tired and make an agreement like that. I liked Emma and Ray confidence and hopeful attitude about it, I hope they will really find a way to cross that thousand-years isolated human part of the Earth.

Emma learning how to hunt, its gonna be useful for them for sure in the still long-journey they'll face. It's kinda sad to see Emma cries like that, but I'm glad of the kind demon Sonju can soothe her there. Don't worry Emma you can do it, go through all of it some more, so does everyone, will do their best.
Jan 14, 2021 10:35 AM

Apr 2019
Good thing Sonju and Mujika are "good demons"... But are they really?

Interesting, the world has been split into two sides, demons and humans. It happened over 1000 years ago, I guess that's the "promise". There has to be a way to get to the other side though right?

Jan 14, 2021 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
Friendly demons helping the kids out. They were right to be adverse to such a thing even being possible but these two are good eggs. Mujika and Sonju the two heretics, outcast from the rest of the demons for their religious disposition of not wanting to eat humans like most demons do. The kids sure found a powerful ally out in this dense forest. Being taught all those survival skills will help them out tremendously in the long run while they venture out to search for Minerva. We did see that one glimpse of those demons finding the note Ray carved into the tree, which could be bad news since the demons know where the kids are heading. Emotional scene when Gilda confronted Emma about her wearing herself down. Emma and Ray can't push themselves like that all the time, they're needed by everyone else too much to be so reckless. Emma is becoming changed by this new environment she's having to adapt to. It was hard for her to kill that bird, seeing herself in the animal that's being hunted but she has to persevere no matter what. The kids gotta take that long way around but they're better prepared now.
Jan 14, 2021 10:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very interesting explanations with the two worlds, and that outside part with Emma was good but so much pain for her, it's harsh....
Jan 14, 2021 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
damn, things just got a lot more interesting, that was a really nice reveal. cant wait to find out more about this world. seems like emma is feeling conflicted, dont get why she wont just become vegan??
Jan 14, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2017
That was great. Better pacing from the previous episode and infact, this episode felt like a breeze to watch as the kids now try to adapt to the survival life after being saved by Sonju and Mujika, demons who don't even eat human flesh. We learn exposition about the world and what's happening in the past and present, get some interactions between the kids who worry for Emma and Ray who both put themselves in extreme danger (suicidal levels even) to save the others, and have Emma even train a bit with surviving by hunting. Overall for a survival show now, this was a really enjoyable episode that also looked really good too visually with some impressive cinematography overall, especially for the hunting scene when Emma had to shoot with the bow.
Jan 14, 2021 11:02 AM

Apr 2020
2077 said:
damn, things just got a lot more interesting, that was a really nice reveal. cant wait to find out more about this world. seems like emma is feeling conflicted, dont get why she wont just become vegan??

Being vegan only works in our modern world (soja, quinoa, stuff you can buy in any store). It would be impossible to survive in the wild without meat.
Jan 14, 2021 11:04 AM

Jun 2019
So there is supposedly a human side of the world and a demon side, I am skeptical of whether that is actually true. Emma kills for the first time and that looks like it will affect her viewpoint and future actions. I really like how free the camera is in this series, its use of camera movement gives it a more cinematic and visually stimulating feel.
Jan 14, 2021 11:13 AM

Dec 2020
another amazing episode and the two demons seem really friendly and respectful.
Jan 14, 2021 11:15 AM

Apr 2020
The two kind demons felt pretty weird. They never explained why they didn't eat humans exept "religious reasons". Why they are in the forest ? Why are they considered heretics ? We know nothing of their motives. And what is weirder is that Ray (supposedly one of the smartest characters) didn't even questionned that.

I wish wecould know more about them.
Jan 14, 2021 11:17 AM
May 2019
As a manga reader the episode was good. The only thing is I feel like the pacing is going a bit fast but its not a big issue. At this rate, we will definitely be hitting some very interesting parts of the series this season.
Jan 14, 2021 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
SupChoco said:
2077 said:

Being vegan only works in our modern world (soja, quinoa, stuff you can buy in any store). It would be impossible to survive in the wild without meat.

yeah probably, i was joking xD
Jan 14, 2021 11:29 AM
Dec 2019
A good episode but nothing phenomenal.

The highs of the episode were definitely Sonju telling Emma and Ray history between humans and demons, as well as explaining their religious practices. I also loved how the flower is heavily embed in demon religion and eating. Awesome touch.

Good to see Emma getting a tad bit of experience in hunting as well. She cares for her family so much and it shows. Looking forward to next week!
Jan 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
We finally learned a bit about their world. A world divided between humans and demons. I feel sorry for the humans who were sacrificed for the demons. Will the kids be able to go to the human side?

Jan 14, 2021 11:35 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode.

Wouldn't have guessed that there are actual demons who wouldn't eat children due to something like religious beliefs. I'd still be wary of Sonju and Mujika regardless, especially if I'm a kid. It's cool that the kids get taken care of and have Sonju and Mujika teach them certain skills in order to be able to survive.

Emma struggling at first to kill a living creature makes sense. No kid wants to hurt an innocent animal but the determination to survive is what has to be most crucial for the group.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 14, 2021 11:42 AM
Apr 2012
I like some bit of this episode but when the humans emote way too hard pulls me out of immersion.

To be exact when she was going to kill the bird, and when she killed it with the flower. The imagery was cool with the symbolism. But the reactions from Emma was a little over done.

Hope they cool it on those for a while. Also random retaining of information of the demons. I like the idea of them not eating due to religious ideology. That's it.
Jan 14, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2020
Nice episode I guess ? 8/10

Jan 14, 2021 11:46 AM
May 2015
I love that there are demons who eat people and who don't.. Thank you for the variability! I was hoping for this actually.

With that being said, pretty good episode. They learn many skills for survival, which will come in very handy (obviously). I can't to see them use their skills in action, and even any mess ups that they have.

The Psychological aspect is really coming in for Emma. Her saying she's okay at the end hurt my soul. I know that smile that hides the pain from anywhere.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Jan 14, 2021 11:50 AM

Jan 2020
i prefer the pacing of this episode rather than the previous one.
pretty entertaining preparation ngl.
great world building.

hope those demons won't eat them ><
and what happened to emma..? was she just still feeling pain after what happened or did something else happen to her?
Jan 14, 2021 12:06 PM

Aug 2020
It's really reassuring to know the4e a good demons out there like these two. Is it just me or do these demons have different appearances from the other demons, perhaps a result of not eating any humans.

I wonder what the demons do with the human when the Vida doesn't bloom.
Jan 14, 2021 12:13 PM

Mar 2016
This feels more like a filler segment, tbh. Doesn't feel like much stuff happened at all. It felt so lax. Even the revelations felt excessively underwhelming. There's nothing to go "oh shit" about anymore, compared to s1. Emma and Ray (likely Norman as well) are apparently the only ones important to the entire series, it seems. Sure, this part seemed better paced than the first episode, but is that truly a good thing, though?

The choice of music here was also weird (though there wasn't much BG music to begin with), especially during the part when they were all eating dinner.

Overall, the episode did nothing for me in particular besides remind me of the trainwreck to come.
Jan 14, 2021 12:16 PM

Feb 2019
Good episode introducing Sonju and Mujika as well as the backstory of the demons and humans having separate worlds. This’ll be one of the most important eps going forward in this series.

As a manga reader nothing much else to comment on. Art and animation were pretty good this ep as usual from CW.
Jan 14, 2021 12:16 PM

Feb 2019
Ryuseishun said:
This feels more like a filler segment, tbh. Doesn't feel like much stuff happened at all. It felt so lax. Even the revelations felt excessively underwhelming. There's nothing to go "oh shit" about anymore, compared to s1. Emma and Ray (likely Norman as well) are apparently the only ones important to the entire series, it seems. Sure, this part seemed better paced than the first episode, but is that truly a good thing, though?

The choice of music here was also weird (though there wasn't much BG music to begin with), especially during the part when they were all eating dinner.

Overall, the episode did nothing for me in particular besides remind me of the trainwreck to come.

Facts. But this season will be good. Next is the issue
Jan 14, 2021 12:18 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm its nice to see Emma and co encounter some friendly locals after all that they have been through. Heretics huh. To think that the division of the world originated from a promise that was proposed by the humans. So the farms were the result of this promise wow. Still the unexpected elation from Emma and Ray sure was funny given how unexpected it was. While the journey ahead will be tough its nice that Mujika and Sonju are willing to teach them new things that will aid them in it. Gilda's explosion though was hillarious but showed well just how worried she was. The kids gang up on Ray too also proved that point. The hunting scene sure provided some excellent tension. Overall an excellent ep that did well both in expanding upon the world via the revelation about the promise and pointing Emma and co in the direction of their next goal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2021 12:20 PM
Aug 2020
Ringare said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They have been rescued by the two demons, they say they dont eat humans but they still seem suspicious. At least there is still a human territory but they still have to find it. They are training to use a bow, it is extremely hard actually Im surprised they manage to do it easily.Still very nice to finally see kids working hard both at school and outside. Emma is a good student and will be great at hunting. I hate this kind of birds, killing it with the gupna looked good
The landscapes outside looked very good
I’m glad. The first episode was good, but a little worrying in terms of pacing and storytelling. I was worried that this season might turn out bad, but episode 2 was comforting in its quality; I have faith that this season will turn out good.
Jan 14, 2021 12:24 PM
Aug 2020
Wow this episode was so impressive and engaging. I was hanging on every word sonju and mujika said, but seeing them teaching the kids how to survive was so pure and lovely. It was like for the first time they had parental figures looking out for them like a real family. And the whole scene with sonju and Emma was incredible. Emma taking an animals life and using the flower, just wow. There was so much gravity to the situation, and the meaning of such a simple action was staggering, realizing the same things happened to her siblings but she has to do this to survive. I’m gonna be thinking about this for a long time.
Jan 14, 2021 12:25 PM

Dec 2017
I want to see

I liked the episode, it didnt feel rushed this time. I guess well get to
Jan 14, 2021 12:28 PM

May 2018
not bad again. Mijuku is top tier waifu <3

so there are friendly demons out there as well
Jan 14, 2021 12:35 PM

Nov 2018
I know people say the manga gets worse but so far I think and have high hopes that this season will be really good! Not my anime of the season but still great so far.
Jan 14, 2021 12:44 PM

Oct 2017
Did I start crying when Emma mentioned that she saw the ganju plant before as it was stabbed into Connie's heart?? Maybe..... 😭
Jan 14, 2021 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
So Soaju and Mujika rescues the kids because they don't eat humans. They are considered the heretics of society and they choose to eat everything but human flesh.

It was nice seeing Sonju and Mujika helping the kids on how to survive better in the forest, a very solid ep. Also, like the character development that Emma kinda had in the end.
Jan 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2020
Those two demons are still suspicious
Jan 14, 2021 12:50 PM

Mar 2017
It was hard to see Emma realize that the demons are only trying to survive the same way she and the others are every time they eat meat. Broke my heart to learn that the kids who left Grace Field were alive when they had that flower stabbed into their hearts.

I also found the truth about their world a bit of a roller coaster; on the one hand, there's the hope that Ray and Emma feel knowing there's somewhere safe for them, but there's also the horror that their own kind willingly created this barbaric system.
Jan 14, 2021 12:54 PM
Jan 2021
What did Ray write on the tree? The coordinates where they are going?
Jan 14, 2021 1:00 PM

Jan 2020
2077 said:
plant lives matter
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jan 14, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2020
The explanation was still way way better in the manga, it had better visuals that went along side with the explanation.
-_-
Little disappointed because it wasn’t executed as good as I hoped it would.
Jan 14, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2020
SupChoco said:
The two kind demons felt pretty weird. They never explained why they didn't eat humans exept "religious reasons". Why they are in the forest ? Why are they considered heretics ? We know nothing of their motives. And what is weirder is that Ray (supposedly one of the smartest characters) didn't even questionned that.

its kinda weird you expect to learn all that stuff in 1 ep
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jan 14, 2021 1:08 PM

Apr 2015
So they are friendly demons who don't eat humans and are basically heretics to that demon society. Pretty interesting. The one thing right now that I find the most suspicious, is what is written on the tree, cause I still can't seem to read the top half of what was written there.

Some solid development for Emma though. She realised that whatever they are doing to stay alive, is no different than what the demons are doing.

Rip Ceddy though, never knew you exsisted till today.
Jan 14, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2020
I honestly loved this episode.

Seeing the kids interact with eachother again gives me such a heartwarming feeling. Also nice that they showed that Gilda and Don are really looking out for Emma and Ray too. They're a sweet family.

Emma is so cute and smart. She is so responsible and mature for her age but she is still human and we can see that the situation has taken a toll on her. That flower must have brought back many dark memories for her but she still keeps moving forward. Her deceased friends would be very proud of her.

Sounjou and Mujika are cool teaching the kids how to survive and stuff, they're very kind. I hope their personalities flourish in future episodes.

Animation in this episode was pretty great imo! Soundtrack and sound effects in general are always so well done in this series. They add so much to the atmosphere of every scene, makes you feel like you're there.

Emma is such a cutie
Jan 14, 2021 1:29 PM

Mar 2020
There's something about Mujika and Sonju...the way they live, act and talk makes me wonder if they are former humans.

A divided world between demons and humans. Now I understand why the show is titled "The Promised Neverland." Emma and her crew now have a reason to live. To get to the human side of the world!

If you wanna survive you gotta do whatever it takes and Emma understands that concept.
Jan 14, 2021 1:36 PM

May 2019
First hunt. It was brutal. We clearly saw Emma lose a piece of her humanity. It was portrayed really well. The pain in her eyes...

A completely beautiful episode.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 14, 2021 1:43 PM
Sep 2017
This was so much better than the first Episode , it didnt felt rushed in any way , they took time and seem to adapted alot from the manga . I liked that .
Jan 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Apr 2020
Kiyotaka696 said:
SupChoco said:

its kinda weird you expect to learn all that stuff in 1 ep

It's already episode two and it looks like they're about to leave them next episode. I just hope these questions will answered because these two guys are quite mysterious. Leaving those two characters blank would be a waste.
Jan 14, 2021 1:58 PM
Rizz Devil
Oct 2020
The whole backstory behind the world was interesting, although I feel like there's more to it that they either don't know or aren't telling us. Idk just a theory. They seem to have fixed the pacing from the first episode, luckily, and if it stays like this I have hope that it's gonna be a good season, although probably not on the same level as the first one.
My Candies:
Jan 14, 2021 2:04 PM

Feb 2019
expired_0 said:
It's really reassuring to know the4e a good demons out there like these two. Is it just me or do these demons have different appearances from the other demons, perhaps a result of not eating any humans.

I wonder what the demons do with the human when the Vida doesn't bloom.

Those two demons feel like they're half human, half demon so I wonder if that is a correct assumption, would also explain why they're heretics and don't eat humans.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 14, 2021 2:18 PM
Dec 2019
Pretty good episode, demons turned out to be "allies". I have a bad feeling about these demons but we'll probably get to their back story and ambitions later into the series. Things got sort of emotional at the end there, this seemed like a build up episode where they are preparing for something big that's going to hit them very soon. We'll see.
Jan 14, 2021 2:44 PM

Jun 2020
Emma is getting on my nerves.

I go from this show is horrible, to painfully mediocre, and then I guess it's okay. And then it just repeats.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

507 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:48 AM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.