Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2020 9:18 AM

Jul 2015
2nd season badly needed!

Michiru was too good for this world.
I'm just glad she never found out that Nana was the killer.

Dec 27, 2020 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
NG_Chloe said:
Great episode. Not a great ending to a season, bit what can ya do.

Loved Mama's development in this episode. She's well on her way to changing her ways and becoming a better person

I really doubt Nana will change her ways.
Dec 27, 2020 9:29 AM
Sep 2019
This show was awsome.
Poor michui wasnt expecting that.
Probably best show of this season
Dec 27, 2020 9:32 AM

May 2020
Decent show, a bit repetitive at first but it made up ground. Nana just might go against the whole "all ability-users bad" gig. The ending hit hard. Hoping for S2. [8/10]
Dec 27, 2020 9:32 AM

Aug 2011
So they really did end on chapter 28. I feel like we're missing one more episode to conclude this arc because there's still a lot of stuff left to cover.
Anyway, the second half made up for a sloppy first half for me. 7.5/10
Hoping they come out with season 2. Already caught up with the manga so I know it's going to be better from here on out.
Dec 27, 2020 9:36 AM
May 2016
Sku_Te said:
NG_Chloe said:
Great episode. Not a great ending to a season, bit what can ya do.

Loved Mama's development in this episode. She's well on her way to changing her ways and becoming a better person

Without giving any major spoilers, I am a manga reader
Dec 27, 2020 9:39 AM
May 2016
The emotional ending "The Day I Became a God" wished it could have evoked. Was pretty skeptical about this show after the way it began but it won me over by the end, and so did Michiru. I wanted her dead from the first time I saw her but that finale actually hit pretty hard, I almost feel like Nana, she melted my icy heart. Hopefully we get a season two, I'd love to see where this is going.
Dec 27, 2020 9:40 AM

Mar 2019
Farmaceut said:

Wtf are you talking about,what school festival?

I expected a school festival but they only made a similar thing, I was hoping for something better so Im disappointed.
Dec 27, 2020 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
NG_Chloe said:
Sku_Te said:

I'm sure you are - I have heard what happens, but she won't change
Dec 27, 2020 9:55 AM
May 2016
Sku_Te said:
NG_Chloe said:

Sku_Te said:
NG_Chloe said:

Oh she'll change, unless you're referring to your opinion on her as a character, but that's a different story

I don't wanna spoil anything because I don't know how to do that button that hides it, but it's clear in the anime that she's started to change already.

She had the realization about her parents, she made a connection with one of her supposed enemies, and she went against her objective to help one of her supposed enemies.

She's already on the path towards changing, sadly the anime stopped at 13, and everyone wasn't able to see more of that journey
Dec 27, 2020 9:55 AM

Dec 2016
RebelPanda said:
First of all, I never said that's what makes a good thriller.

You literally wrote that it wasn't a good thriller because it had no blood or gore (and I even used bold font to highlight it) This is the time you could be humble and learn something rather than backpedal without anything to support your statement.

RebelPanda said:

Haven't you ever seen a shlocky horror movie like Friday the 13th? Gore is entertaining in that context, do not conflate it with writing quality. And every film you mentioned has gratuitous violence and gore. So what is even your point?

Friday the 13th series are horror slasher films not thrillers. That just shows up your lack of knowledge in genres, wich was my point of this callout.

RebelPanda said:

LMAO imagine comparing Talentless Nana to a fucking Verhoeven or a Hitchcock film. It's called Basic Instinct, and it has nothing like this anime. In that movie, for every clue that Cathrine was a serial killer, there was another that made her seem innocent. It is paradoxical, hence the knife under their bed at the end.

I didn't compare Nana to Psycho nor to Basic Insitinct. I used them to point out what thrillers stand for, and to refute your confidently wrong statement that Nana wasn't a good thriller based on elements that do not even correspond as core to the genre. You can't even read and comprehend a simple paragraph, why would people read and agree on such a poor written review that doesn't even know the difference between a thriller and a slasher movie?

I have nothing more to say, you pretty much proved my point that you know nothing about the thriller genre.
KimurahDec 27, 2020 9:59 AM
Dec 27, 2020 10:01 AM

Nov 2019
Of course, Nana will be the one who survives. What I hate about this series was that Nana got away with all the murders over and over again. Without anyone putting her in place. Of course, those who actually figured out about Nana's true identity got murdered.
Overall score: 4/10

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Dec 27, 2020 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
revzy said:
Of course, Nana will be the one who survives. What I hate about this series was that Nana got away with all the murders over and over again. Without anyone putting her in place. Of course, those who actually figured out about Nana's true identity got murdered.
Overall score: 4/10

Yes, it's really annoying, especially as she's a really nasty character
Dec 27, 2020 10:06 AM

Oct 2014
Kimurah said:
RebelPanda said:
First of all, I never said that's what makes a good thriller.

You literally wrote that it wasn't a good thriller because it had no blood or gore (and I even used bold font to highlight it) This is the time you could be humble and learn something rather than backpedal without anything to support your statement.

RebelPanda said:

Haven't you ever seen a shlocky horror movie like Friday the 13th? Gore is entertaining in that context, do not conflate it with writing quality. And every film you mentioned has gratuitous violence and gore. So what is even your point?

Friday the 13th series are horror slasher films not thrillers. That just shows up your lack of knowledge in genres, wich was my point of this callout.

RebelPanda said:

LMAO imagine comparing Talentless Nana to a fucking Verhoeven or a Hitchcock film. It's called Basic Instinct, and it has nothing like this anime. In that movie, for every clue that Cathrine was a serial killer, there was another that made her seem innocent. It is paradoxical, hence the knife under their bed at the end.

I didn't compare Nana to Psycho nor to Basic Insitinct. I used them to point out what thrillers stand for, and to refute your confidently wrong statement that Nana wasn't a good thriller based on elements that do not even correspond as core to the genre. You can't even read and comprehend a simple paragraph, why would people read and agree on such a poor written review that doesn't even know the difference between a thriller and a slasher movie?

I have nothing more to say, you pretty much proved my point that you know nothing about the thriller genre.
I don't think you've even seen the movies you're talking about. They're on Netflix, I recommend giving them a watch. Basic Instinct especially is one of my favorites.
Dec 27, 2020 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
NG_Chloe said:
Sku_Te said:

Sku_Te said:

Oh she'll change, unless you're referring to your opinion on her as a character, but that's a different story

I don't wanna spoil anything because I don't know how to do that button that hides it, but it's clear in the anime that she's started to change already.

She had the realization about her parents, she made a connection with one of her supposed enemies, and she went against her objective to help one of her supposed enemies.

She's already on the path towards changing, sadly the anime stopped at 13, and everyone wasn't able to see more of that journey

But as a character she won't - far too nasty to do so
Dec 27, 2020 10:22 AM
Aug 2016
Michiru wasted her own life for a murderer. How pathetic. Once again, Nana gets away scott free with no repercussions for her actions. Such big plot armor. Ugh
Dec 27, 2020 10:25 AM
May 2016
Sku_Te said:
NG_Chloe said:

Not until, after. The spoiler is just there to slow her development, that's only a roadblock. After that she continues towards her path of changing her ways. The spoiler you've been given is only like a couple chapters ahead of where the anime ended(anime ended at 28, your information is in the 30s).
There are currently 56 chapters, and a lot has happened since the point you mentioned
Dec 27, 2020 10:37 AM

Nov 2016
is so sad tragedy that such an adorable girl must die because of an ugly and horrible boy, never forget that Nana loved Michiru :,c

KitsuYurikanoDec 27, 2020 10:40 AM
Dec 27, 2020 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
NG_Chloe said:
Sku_Te said:

Not until, after. The spoiler is just there to slow her development, that's only a roadblock. After that she continues towards her path of changing her ways. The spoiler you've been given is only like a couple chapters ahead of where the anime ended(anime ended at 28, your information is in the 30s).
There are currently 56 chapters, and a lot has happened since the point you mentioned

I know,
Dec 27, 2020 10:57 AM

Jul 2020
Man, I am stuck between giving this anime a 6 or a 7. I dunno, Like the ending was all good by itself, but like as a whole, I'm still on the fence. The story and plot is solid, but the characters feel so weak.

Edit: Yeah 7/10, tho I might stick around for a possible S2 (highly doubt)
NewYearSameMeDec 27, 2020 11:05 AM
Dec 27, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2019
Super entertaining anime.
Last few episodes were kind of weak though 7/10
Dec 27, 2020 11:10 AM
May 2016
Sku_Te said:
NG_Chloe said:

I know,

Nice people suffer too. You seem rather biased against her. I'm finished with this conversation
Dec 27, 2020 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
NG_Chloe said:
Sku_Te said:

I know,

Nice people suffer too. You seem rather biased against her. I'm finished with this conversation

Oh yes, I absolutely hate her
Dec 27, 2020 11:21 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Still good but it's a shame they kind of rushed through what was basically my favorite part of the manga. Opening right away with the revelation she didn't kill her parents took away somewhat from the emotional impact had they included the conversation from before leading into it. In addition, the way they just suddenly ended it at the death like that was a bad call. What would have been far better is if instead of the flashback to her memories, they had instead used that sixty seconds (or at least half of it) to show her boss on the boat sailing to the island saying something nefarious so that they could setup the upcoming conflict. Still loved this show but the last episode could have been handled better.
Dec 27, 2020 11:25 AM
Jan 2020
Eno-shima said:
Michiru wasted her own life for a murderer. How pathetic. Once again, Nana gets away scott free with no repercussions for her actions. Such big plot armor. Ugh

Interesting, so there are people like you who still cannot forgive a murderer that has possibilities to change and redempt herself.
Dec 27, 2020 11:27 AM
Jan 2020
Sku_Te said:
NG_Chloe said:

Well why? Because she was a murderer? Can you give her a chance to change? ~a manga reader
Dec 27, 2020 11:29 AM

Sep 2020
If it had ended with a piano version of the ending song or something like that, would be perfect. But okay, I'll buy that.

Nice season finale.
A S2 would be nice.

--
Quick edit: for those who'll follow the manga, it continues on chapter 29, I think.
Dec 27, 2020 11:35 AM

Dec 2017
10/10. The show was entertaining from start to finish, and I never got bored. Hopefully there is a season 2, but I'll prob check out the manga now.
Dec 27, 2020 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
Sku_Te said:

Well why? Because she was a murderer? Can you give her a chance to change? ~a manga reader

Yes - she obviously enjoyed it, to start with. She's a sadistic psychopath too. Someone like that can't change
Dec 27, 2020 11:37 AM
Sep 2019
Ahhhhh, I'm emotional right now. Nana make a friend for a first time in her life then just die in front of her. RIP Michiru-chan.
Dec 27, 2020 11:39 AM
Jan 2020
Sku_Te said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

Yes - she obviously enjoyed it, to start with. She's a sadistic psychopath too. Someone like that can't change

Read the manga or wait for the season 2. I bet your opinion will 100% change.
Dec 27, 2020 11:41 AM
Jan 2020
A hero is always die with smile.

Big F for our beloved Michiru-chan!! T_T

I hope there will be a second season for this series!! 9/10
Dec 27, 2020 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
Sku_Te said:

Read the manga or wait for the season 2. I bet your opinion will 100% change.

I seriously doubt it
Dec 27, 2020 11:44 AM
Aug 2016
Kur4y4m1 said:
Eno-shima said:

Interesting, so there are people like you who still cannot forgive a murderer that has possibilities to change and redempt herself.

Just cause she's trying to "change" now doesn't forgive the fact she killed several students beforehand. Students with potentially promising futures ahead, gone. She needs to be held accountable for said deaths.
Dec 27, 2020 11:52 AM

Nov 2015
Well, the killer was quite obvious (but what's with Fuko's uniform?), wonder why Kyouya didn't even suspect him.

Liked "mindgames" at the start and middle of the show (you can call them stupid, but nevertheless was interesting to watch weekly). Unfortunately, last 3-4 episodes did not have that kind of spark. Well, I understand that probably continuing murders would be meaningless plot-wise, but anyway I liked the first 9 episodes more.

Good show to watch weekly, not many interesting shows this season anyway. I suppose a lot of people won't like a lot of aspects of the show, but that was quite enjoyable and that's why I like it.
Dec 27, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
Eno-shima said:

How many people did she have to kill during training ? She's a psychopath, it's not possible. How can you forgive everything she's done ?
removed-userDec 27, 2020 11:57 AM
Dec 27, 2020 12:07 PM
Mar 2015
Nna finally does something good by trying to save Michiru but it backfires on her by causing Michiru's death when she saved Nana
Dec 27, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
Wait... Are we really ending it like this?? This better gets a second season, cause you can't end it on a cliffhanger like that..

Rip Michiru :( The moment Nana got leathally injured by the astral guy, I knew that Michiru would save Nana. That world does not deserve such a good hearted girl. I am honestly sad for Nana, despite her being a murderer and everything, that will be really hard to process for her.

Atleast my theory of the killer was right.

Honestly, this would have gotten a 9/10 from me, but this ending really bothers me, especially since there's always a chance we'll never get a sequel. 8/10 from me and really hoping a sequel will come! Otherwise, the manga it will have to be!
CeddyyBearrDec 27, 2020 12:15 PM
Dec 27, 2020 12:23 PM
Jul 2019
Well, that's it for Michiru.....she's annoying anywayz and stupid.

So, Rentaro was the second killer,

If we're to go back to Nana's backstory, it would seem that she wasn't very careless about leaving the window open and she was asleep all along , she got treated badly by her relatives and I'm guessing that somebody else has something to do with making Nana's life hell, I thinking about that Tsuruk what's that guy's name???

That's all folks......
Dec 27, 2020 12:27 PM

Mar 2020
When Nana finally saw Michiru as a friend, they are separated. RIP Michiru
Tsuruoka really influenced Nana a lot, just talking to him on the phone made her adjust her pose.
It had a very open ending, maybe there will be a second season.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 27, 2020 12:31 PM
Jan 2020
Eno-shima said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

Just cause she's trying to "change" now doesn't forgive the fact she killed several students beforehand. Students with potentially promising futures ahead, gone. She needs to be held accountable for said deaths.

I totally agree.. She deserved both redemption and punishments at the same time. If you read the manga, you will understand why she deserved redemption.

After all, she is just a
Kur4y4m1Dec 27, 2020 12:36 PM
Dec 27, 2020 12:33 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man I don't even know what to feel about this. Such a depressive ending, but in a good kind of way. But you can't really just leave it like this either; this definitely needs a continuation, and one would imagine Nana will be a quite different person after this

But either way I overall really enjoyed this anime. Not sure if AotS but maybe
Dec 27, 2020 12:34 PM
Jan 2020
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Well, that's it for Michiru.....she's annoying anywayz and stupid.

So, Rentaro was the second killer,

If we're to go back to Nana's backstory, it would seem that she wasn't very careless about leaving the window open and she was asleep all along , she got treated badly by her relatives and I'm guessing that somebody else has something to do with making Nana's life hell, I thinking about that Tsuruk what's that guy's name???

That's all folks......

That
name is Tsuruoka.
Dec 27, 2020 12:39 PM
Playing LGE

Jun 2017
With this the first season has concluded! I know this is an anime only thread, but do forgive me for going on a tangent here for a little while. If a second season comes, I have a feeling the focus will shift to the organization Nana belongs too instead of the murders themselves, though those will probably keep happening, no worries there. Also people
. I wonder how Jin will act after what he's done (or rather will do soon). And this ends my tangent.
Kyouya acted as a perfect rival to Nana throughout the series, and for that he has my respect! Also Nana becoming more soft probably own't be a problem in the long run for the series. Although I feel depressed as to what happened to Michiru, I'll say right now that she was more then Nana deserved even though I also feel that she needed her the most too, so R.I.P. Michiru, the best wing man anyone could ask for..vv
I think this will act as a trigger for Nana to really think for herself now though, so as mean as it sound, her death will hold some meaning to the series.
In conclusion, I'd like to say that this was a really great series, and that I'm glad I could follow it these last 13 weeks!^^>
Dec 27, 2020 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Kur4y4m1 said:
Eno-shima said:

I totally agree.. She deserved both redemption and punishments at the same time. If you read the manga, you will understand why she deserved redemption.

After all, she is just a

I'm sure she could have validated everything told to her without blindly accepting it
Dec 27, 2020 12:42 PM

Feb 2020
So the true killer is finally revealed. I guess they wrapped that case up fine, was unexpected but wasn't really surprising.

We also see why Inukai was acting weird for the past few episodes. Can't really say I feel bad for her "death", since honestly she's only been used as comedy relief up until the last 3 episodes. Though it does provoke Nana's emotions, and may be a factor in changing Nana to a different, more "caring" person.

This series was okay. The majority was quite a sleep fest honestly, but the bigger story does intrigue me, given that Nana's handler's motives have yet to be shown and this Jin Tachibana guy seems interesting. Most of the other characters aren't interesting though, and the sound/animation part seems fine and fits a thriller.

If this does get a 2nd season, perhaps my perspective may change. But, who knows.
Dec 27, 2020 12:56 PM

Apr 2019
I guessed the killer correctly, knew it would be Rentaro. Why didn't Kyoya go instead of nana like they really didn't think that one through. Nana is a skilled killer and even if Rentaro came back to his own body she could've neutralized him. Kyoya is literally immortal... Well rip Michiru I guess.

This anime wasn't good, but I guess I could say I enjoyed some of it. 3-4/10.

Dec 27, 2020 12:57 PM
Feb 2020
WHYYY, now I definitely have to read the manga if it goes further. Jesus. I'll favorite this one.
Dec 27, 2020 12:57 PM

Sep 2008
Why they ended it like this?
If they don't plan to make another season they could end it with "anime original end"

I want see what happen next!

Nakamura-san voice in this series is my favorite thing ❤
Dec 27, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2019
That ending kinda hinted at a season 2? Probably wouldn't be a good second season though.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

284 by sonsofliberty »»
Feb 5, 3:48 PM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2020

156 by Talamare »»
Jan 11, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.