Forum Settings
Forums

The 2020 American GENERAL ELECTION (Week?) Thread!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2020 6:08 PM

Feb 2010
Promethazine said:
voted for biden, dont hate trump but all that anti-mask and anti-climate change shit is annoying

not going to lie, but that was my second reason for pitching in this year main reason will still remain healthcare.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 3, 2020 6:17 PM

May 2016
trump closing in on biden in texas. they counted shitty Austin and Houston and dallas first that is why he got the lead. lol. hilarious to see the people like TYT get their hopes up.
Nov 3, 2020 6:19 PM

Feb 2010
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
trump closing in on biden in texas. they counted shitty Austin and Houston and dallas first that is why he got the lead. lol
i know texens that would literally lynch you for calling there capital shitty. grant none of them are my friends.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 3, 2020 6:20 PM

Jul 2014
Bayek said:
I'm betting on my write-in. I still have hope.

Get ready to lose some money lol
Nov 3, 2020 6:21 PM

Feb 2010
D-ohnuts said:
Bayek said:
I'm betting on my write-in. I still have hope.

Get ready to lose some money lol

idk i think vermin supreme has a real chance of winning this year

Nov 3, 2020 6:21 PM

Jun 2008
Right now, Ohio and NC are the most interesting to me.

But still so much to go.
Nov 3, 2020 6:22 PM

Jan 2020
hazarddex said:
i find it weird that states like NM, SD ND(they are there now for SD and ND not WY t or NM yet.) are already declaring who won the electoral without even a vote count appearing.

Are you American? Those states are basically given for Republicans of course they would get called super early. They have stayed republican since the 60s.
Nov 3, 2020 6:24 PM

Feb 2010
EightSeven said:
hazarddex said:
i find it weird that states like NM, SD ND(they are there now for SD and ND not WY t or NM yet.) are already declaring who won the electoral without even a vote count appearing.

Are you American? Those states are basically given for Republicans of course they would get called super early. They have stayed republican since the 60s.

NM Republican? sure as ant right now.

Nov 3, 2020 6:26 PM

Jan 2020
hazarddex said:
EightSeven said:

NM Republican? sure as ant right now.

Oh shit, I was just talking about SD, ND and WY. But still, NM is overwhelmingly democrat, not a 100% guarantee though like NY or CA
Nov 3, 2020 6:32 PM

Mar 2013
Biden with a lead in Texas is definitely shocking
that state will decide so much
Happy Halloween
Nov 3, 2020 6:34 PM

Jun 2008
Bro...I can NOT make heads or tails of what is going on.

NC looks good for Biden right now....but New York Times says Trump is still likely to win that state.

But then Fox News....yes FOX NEWS says NC is likely to go to Biden?

Ok.

Also...Ohio has really gotten tighter.
Nov 3, 2020 6:37 PM

May 2016
hazarddex said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
trump closing in on biden in texas. they counted shitty Austin and Houston and dallas first that is why he got the lead. lol
i know texens that would literally lynch you for calling there capital shitty. grant none of them are my friends.

I call all red states shitty.
Nov 3, 2020 6:41 PM

Aug 2017
Trump is winning:

-Texas again
-Michigan
-Wisconsin
-Virginia
-Florida.

And close to win NC again.

Edit: Trump is leading in Ohio!!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 3, 2020 6:43 PM

May 2016
Nurguburu said:
Trump is winning:

-Texas again
-Michigan
-Wisconsin
-Virginia
-Florida.

And close to win NC again.
but getting curbstomped in PA. that is the most worrying one
Nov 3, 2020 6:52 PM

Oct 2014
You are all overreacting. You should ignore any results that are neither called, nor have at least 90% counted. People here have been saying Trump/Biden "is winning" where less than 20% of votes have been counted... it won't tell you anything.

In 2016 there was a graphic on the New York Times homepage that showed "current victory probability" and it was basically shaped like =x= where Trump went from less than 10% to more than 90% half-way in, mostly because the unexpected upset of Trump suddenly winning Michigan and Wisconsin, which were considered sure wins for Clinton back then before the election started. Not saying that the same will definitely happen here, but I'd recommend you all to calm down a little and only start counting your chickens after they actually started hatching properly, regardless which candidate you support or even if you don't support either in particular.
Nov 3, 2020 7:00 PM

Dec 2017
lowkey laughing at people on reddit who thought 90% of Biden winning = guaranteed win
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Nov 3, 2020 7:02 PM

May 2016
Reina_Orikasa said:
lowkey laughing at people on reddit who thought 90% of Biden winning = guaranteed win

I was on the stimulus subreddit and they banned me because I called AOC an ape.
Nov 3, 2020 7:19 PM

Jan 2009
Arizona is the only battleground state that Biden is winning so far lol wtf looks like 4 more years

but Biden only needs to win 1 state here according to Alex

i saw it here on the States to Watch section https://www.usatoday.com/elections/results/2020-11-03/
Nov 3, 2020 7:25 PM

Oct 2014
deg said:
Arizona is the only battleground state that Biden is winning so far lol wtf looks like 4 more years

i saw it here on the States to Watch section https://www.usatoday.com/elections/results/2020-11-03/
Actually, Alex made that under the presumption that Biden wins Wisconsin and Michigan, which in 2016 Trump won despite supposedly being considered "safe Clinton victories". It remains to be seen if the polling companies' current algorithms work better for these states or not. I remember Wisconsin 2016 polling being off by ~7% compared to the actual 2016 results.
Nov 3, 2020 7:27 PM

Jun 2008
People gotta remember that there is a ton of ballots to be counted in the swing states.

NOTHING is confirmed yet in regards to the Swing states except maybe Florida.

Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania are not even half way and remember the majority of Mail-in ballots were heavily for democrats.

And they get counted LAST....

Look guys....there's a REASON why I named this thread the Elections WEEK thread.

And that is because now I KNOW we will NOT have a winner by the end of the night.

Everything is just too close.
Nov 3, 2020 7:35 PM

May 2016
Man cenk was saying trump would get annihilated now he is shitting his pants. LOL
Nov 3, 2020 7:41 PM

Jun 2019
this election is suprisingly closer than i thought. i honestly thought it would be a huge majority for one of the two candidates, but oh well
No anime is non-canon. Non-canon is canon, but on a different world line.
Nov 3, 2020 7:41 PM

Aug 2018
If Trump wins despite his handling of the pandemic, I'll lose all hope in America.
Nov 3, 2020 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Man cenk was saying trump would get annihilated now he is shitting his pants. LOL

I don't know why anyone would hate watch TYT to be honest.

Even among Lefties...they are considered Far Left.

I used to watch them a lot back in the day....not so much anymore.

Once in awhile I'll see a recommended video by TYT and I do mostly agree with it....but I think their main problem is that they don't understand that America is NOT what they think they are.

Nov 3, 2020 7:46 PM

Jun 2008
The MAIN thing I've learned tonight is that Biden is definitely NOT going to win in a landslide.

In fact whoever wins....will win by a very narrow margin.

Which means....this COULD get very ugly.
Nov 3, 2020 7:50 PM

Jul 2020
Still could be some big swings, but also at the same time can't assume those mail in ballots in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania will go Biden's way either. Biden and the whole campaign are useless fucks who are out of touch and don't know shit about real America. The fact they thought they could win Georgia shows you they don't know shit. Oh you've been to Georgia. Where? Atlanta; oh ok, that totally counts as thinking Trump would lose in the state altogether.

The people on tv don't know what real America is and that's why these idiots gave Trump no chance.
Nov 3, 2020 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
DepressedSalt said:
this election is suprisingly closer than i thought. i honestly thought it would be a huge majority for one of the two candidates, but oh well

i doubted it would be that.

with how divide america is becoming it was going to be a close thing. either was i have to shake my head in pitty at those 3rd party votes simply, because hell will freeze over before any of them get on equal footting to the two party of extremes.

i still question the electoral system imagine living in states like SD, ND MT, dc and the other 3 point states. your vote basically counts jack and shit.
GrimAtramentNov 3, 2020 7:54 PM

Nov 3, 2020 7:56 PM

Aug 2018
HoloisHolo said:
Still could be some big swings, but also at the same time can't assume those mail in ballots in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania will go Biden's way either. Biden and the whole campaign are useless fucks who are out of touch and don't know shit about real America. The fact they thought they could win Georgia shows you they don't know shit. Oh you've been to Georgia. Where? Atlanta; oh ok, that totally counts as thinking Trump would lose in the state altogether.

The people on tv don't know what real America is and that's why these idiots gave Trump no chance.

I doubt anything Biden or the Democrats do will sway American conservatives. They simply love Trump.
Nov 3, 2020 7:59 PM

May 2016
--ALEX-- said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

I don't know why anyone would hate watch TYT to be honest.

Even among Lefties...they are considered Far Left.

I used to watch them a lot back in the day....not so much anymore.

Once in awhile I'll see a recommended video by TYT and I do mostly agree with it....but I think their main problem is that they don't understand that America is NOT what they think they are.

I watched them in 2015 before trump and they were good and made quality stuff. For some reason I still cannot push myself to hate chunk, despite the bullshit he says he just seems like a likeable person. But I fucking hate ana (better than you) kasperian and white guilt john. I just go to troll their videos like everyone else.
Nov 3, 2020 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
There's already far lefties screaming doom and gloom across the internet, even though most states only have 10% of their ballots counted if even that. They should relax, Trump is not even close to the end of America, much less the end of the world.

Nov 3, 2020 8:10 PM

Jun 2008
I'm seeing several people start freaking out.

FOLKS....we knew ahead of time that this was LIKELY to NOT be called by the end of the night.

Here we are...11pm EST....we don't know SHIT yet!

There is no reason to panic for any reason.
Nov 3, 2020 8:10 PM

Apr 2010
Trump will win again cause any sane person knows better than to vote for sleepy Joe

Hoppy said:
There's already far lefties screaming doom and gloom across the internet, even though most states only have 10% of their ballots counted if even that. They should relax, Trump is not even close to the end of America, much less the end of the world.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me. Oh no Trump might be in office for another 4 years. It's not like he can run again in 4 years, just deal with it.
Nov 3, 2020 8:11 PM

Feb 2010
Grey-Zone said:
deg said:

Actually, Alex made that under the presumption that Biden wins Wisconsin and Michigan, which in 2016 Trump won despite supposedly being considered "safe Clinton victories". It remains to be seen if the polling companies' current algorithms work better for these states or not. I remember Wisconsin 2016 polling being off by ~7% compared to the actual 2016 results.

it's because historically Wisconsin and michigan were blue state, but right now i consider them battlegrounds.

how ever pensivanya is the most enigma because the mail in voting there seem to be getting delayed according to some things i'm looking up.

which is why it's still 49% i guess?

i don't really see why people are against mail in voting mind you because the military has been doing it for years. as well as republican historically.

also nivada is still gray guess the aliens form area 51 got em.

GrimAtramentNov 3, 2020 8:18 PM

Nov 3, 2020 8:13 PM

Aug 2017
its time to call TX, GA, NC, FL, OH
NurguburuNov 3, 2020 8:17 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 3, 2020 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
Biden will win Philadelphia and that will make him win Pennsylvania

according to CNN watching them on TV right now

now that is a big win for Biden right there
Nov 3, 2020 8:19 PM

Feb 2010
deg said:
Biden will win Philadelphia and that will make him win Pennsylvania

according to CNN watching them on TV right now

now that is a big win for Biden right there

we still have to wait a few? weeks or week for the mail in votes to get counted. also never trust anything from CNN or Faux news

@Nurguburu

GA is at 70%
GrimAtramentNov 3, 2020 8:23 PM

Nov 3, 2020 8:24 PM

Jun 2008
I had the hope that MAYBE we would see a Biden Landslide, but the second I saw Florida go the way it did....I knew it wasn't going to happen.

I know this doesn't matter but....GODDAMN, I wish soooo badly that Bernie would've beat Biden.
Nov 3, 2020 8:24 PM

Apr 2010
I just have fun reading the democrat subreddit. They are having melt downs and feeling sick already.
Nov 3, 2020 8:27 PM

Jun 2017
Just coming here to say if Trump wins I can't wait to see the melt downs on social media, however I doubt he will.
Nov 3, 2020 8:28 PM

Jan 2009
@hazarddex

its a projection and its not like CNN is totally fake news especially when it comes to numbers that are factual like this

plus we only get BBC, Fox News and CNN here on our cable TV lol

CNN also said the election will go down to the results o Arizona, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin so only 4 battleground states remaining
Nov 3, 2020 8:29 PM

Mar 2013
--ALEX-- said:
I had the hope that MAYBE we would see a Biden Landslide, but the second I saw Florida go the way it did....I knew it wasn't going to happen.

I know this doesn't matter but....GODDAMN, I wish soooo badly that Bernie would've beat Biden.
if bernie were to beat out biden he'd probably have a much better chance of winning than biden does.

there's simply too much dirt on biden for people to swing his way
this has essentially become a battle of picking the lesser of two evils.
Happy Halloween
Nov 3, 2020 8:29 PM

May 2016
Good news is it looks like the anti white prop 16 in California is NOT gonna pass.
Nov 3, 2020 8:30 PM

Feb 2010
deg said:
@hazarddex

its a projection and its not like CNN is totally fake news especially when it comes to numbers that are factual like this

plus we only get BBC, Fox News and CNN here on our cable TV lol

CNN also said the election will go down to the results o Arizona, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin so only 4 battleground states remaining

honestly more curious to see if that guy who's been on a winning prediction strike keeps his record or loses it.

also ^ this would be the best timeline, but sadly this man doesn't exist sooo.
GrimAtramentNov 3, 2020 8:35 PM

Nov 3, 2020 8:31 PM

Jun 2008
WHOA!!!

Fox News Just called Arizona for Biden!

IF Biden can hold on to Michigan and Wisconsin....Biden WILL win!

Fuck....I'm hoping real hard now!
Nov 3, 2020 8:34 PM

Jan 2009
@hazarddex

i cannot see your image post man

@--ALEX--

dont forget Pennsylvania once Philadelphia is counted
Nov 3, 2020 8:34 PM

Jun 2020
Good luck y'all Americans. I hope you have a nice day.

- From the words of Asian -

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Nov 3, 2020 8:36 PM

Aug 2017
--ALEX-- said:
WHOA!!!

Fox News Just called Arizona for Biden!

IF Biden can hold on to Michigan and Wisconsin....Biden WILL win!

Fuck....I'm hoping real hard now!

Do you think Virginia is going to flip to red now?
Nov 3, 2020 8:36 PM

Jan 2009
@hazarddex

who is that Katze guy? lol
Nov 3, 2020 8:37 PM

Jun 2008
OK....so for people seeing Michigan and Pensylvania and are wondering how the hell is Trump up by so much...remember TWO key things:

#1 They're both less than 50% reporting

#2 The mail in ballots are counted last...and the mail in ballots are heavily for democrats.

So let's just wait and see.
Nov 3, 2020 8:38 PM

Jun 2008
Nurguburu said:
Do you think Virginia is going to flip to red now?

Dude...Virginia was already called by New York Times for Biden.

The New York Times is NOT going to make a call like that without being 100% certain it's the right call.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (27) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.