Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post.
The thread will be unlocked at 23:00 (JST) The thread is now unlocked.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
DeadlyRavenAug 5, 2020 7:00 AM
Aug 5, 2020 7:07 AM

Apr 2020
Finally! this anime OP already exists!

Echidna when wearing a school uniform is very pretty, but unfortunately, it's only been shown for a while and Subaru has returned after fighting his past.

what! Elsa is back ?!
Aug 5, 2020 7:31 AM

Mar 2014
Elsa is BACK!!!!!
Hell, what a Good Episode!!!
I just wanna see how it is going to continue from here!!
Aug 5, 2020 7:45 AM
Jun 2020
Thus begins the true introduction to arc focking 4!!!
Aug 5, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
The mind games this episode....

Subaru's reunion with Emilia was kinda painful to see, given the condition she is. This episode felt pretty slow to me with the buildup. What did get me most curious is Elsa's return to the series. I wonder how did she return and what kind of role she'll play this season.
Aug 5, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
The entire Re Zero fandom rn https://imgur.com/a/aXyxgXS

Dona 🤤 https://imgur.com/a/RjvnyN0

They cut a lot of Dona and Subaru’s conversation which somewhat annoys me as that’s what I was most looking forward in the anime adaptation of volume 10. But I can understand the reasoning

I remember reading the ending scene of today’s episode and just getting chills at the thought of tripping over your own intestines. What a fucked up way to die.

Arc 4 really gets going now, hype as hell. Volume 11 is going to be tough, but amazing. Wonder if we’ll ever get the OP and ED in the same ep tho.
Aug 5, 2020 8:12 AM
Jan 2017
This episode quality is 11/10

Emilia's fear of the past.
Subaru hates towards Roswaal The Land Lord who do nothing to prevent the catrastrophe.
Thriller atmosphere at the mansion.
The soundtrack pretty intense too.
I still don't get it why they remove shadow from ear, kinda looks weird.

Hand down Best Anime This Season.
Let's pray for the victim of Beirut explosion.
ryukugan37Aug 5, 2020 8:16 AM
Aug 5, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2019
Amazing build up episode...the things will gonna get lit from the next episode i can feel it
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Aug 5, 2020 8:14 AM

Jan 2016
Subaru got past the trial but Echidna told him that he needs to pass two more trials.

Emilia couldn't do it two times in a roll, hopefully she overcomes her past soon.

Roswaal knew all about the stuff that happened but trusted Subaru to resolve these issues, also now everyone should be cautious of what Frederica may be planning.

WTF is happening!? I thought Subaru tripped in someone's intestines but this woman cut him so fast that I couldn't even notice it, in fact those were Subaru's bowels...
Next week will be some brutal episode!
Aug 5, 2020 8:16 AM

Jul 2014
I waited for so long to see Elsa again :D
And I loved all the foreshadowing too.

@fullofregrets09, the hint was there :)
Aug 5, 2020 8:16 AM

May 2020
I think i am starting to love the character of Echidna^^ too.
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Aug 5, 2020 8:17 AM

Jan 2018
Watching Emilia experiencing psychological trauma was downright uncomfortable. Similar to Subaru but amplified ten times the pain.

As for the actions of Roswaal, even though it may look like cowardice to him it is justified so that the villagers may look to Emilia in a different light. But, it was unforgivable in the expense of the others who've died.

Damn, the villain from season 1 (forgot her name) is back. They've really shown Subaru's intestines huh...

Can't wait for the next one.
Aug 5, 2020 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
Love seeing the OP.

Subaru gets it. Echidna looks good with that uniform.

Elsa is back. Subaru's suffering continues.

Aug 5, 2020 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
Lmao I thought last week that she looked good in the school uniform, and even Subaru agrees with it haha. Love it.

Lot of oofs in todays episode for sure, poor Emilia : c
Aug 5, 2020 8:21 AM

Jul 2014
One more thing I forgot to mention.

Now, that it has been revealed that Echidna can read Subaru's memories, it shouldn't be a spoiler that

Feb 2020
One more episode of Re:Zero and yes... we finally have the OP for arc 4!!

Trully sad the scene between Subaru and Emilia (cause her condition)
On the other hand, Elsa is Back!
And of course, the marvelous Echidna appears this time (and in school uniform)...
Ah.. she makes my day :)

Good and solid episode, this arc it seems to be awesome!!
Just waiting for netx week
Jun 2020
holy shit elsa is back lets see where the save point is next episode
Aug 5, 2020 8:24 AM
Jul 2020
Nainu_ said:
Watching They've really shown Subaru's intestines huh...

Can't wait for the next one.

First time in my life, I'm relieved that i watched the episode in low quality.
Aug 5, 2020 8:26 AM

Nov 2016
first post!!!!

i did it guys[insert crying emoji here ]

all seriousness i think i'm starting to like Echidna now

p.s. what's a "loli hag"? lol
vanillaskynetAug 5, 2020 9:47 AM
Mar 2020
holy fucking shit bro, this episode was so fucking good holy shit

Sep 2018
Subaru: Oh boy, here i go dying again!
Honestly i didnt expect to see Elsa again, that was a nice twist.

Also, Echidna in school uniform is pure gold and i love her interaction with Subaru!
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2017
Elsa's finally back! I was always wondering when next we'd see her ever since season one. This episode was nice and had a lot of set-up with little bits of information that we'll get more context to further down in the show.
Aug 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2013
Yoo fr tho Echidna is a new waifu!

Lol bowels lady is back, rip subaru's streak being alive.
Aug 5, 2020 8:29 AM
Apr 2019
mozgow said:

Now, that it has been revealed that Echidna can read Subaru's memories, it shouldn't be a spoiler that

Aug 5, 2020 8:32 AM

Feb 2019
Shieet! It's elsa again. Wasn't expecting her tbh.

Now it's checkpoint time again for subaru.
Aug 5, 2020 8:33 AM

Nov 2019
YAY Echidna in school uniform.

And the real suffering begins

Aug 5, 2020 8:35 AM

May 2020
the op shows elsa in it and in the end she makes an appereance but where is REM
Aug 5, 2020 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
Fern5 said:
Hmm...

Aug 5, 2020 8:37 AM

Jun 2020
everything was so good, everything explain of roswaals plans (was always suss about him ) and that ending that person from the first episode is back, man wonder wats gnna happen next ep

Aug 5, 2020 8:38 AM

May 2020
Shirase-san said:
Finally! this anime OP already exists!

Echidna when wearing a school uniform is very pretty, but unfortunately, it's only been shown for a while and Subaru has returned after fighting his past.

what! Elsa is back ?!

i mean shes in the op
Aug 5, 2020 8:38 AM

Jan 2017
Emilia's suffering was painful to see :(
But it is good to see how close she has gotten to Subaru <3

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Aug 5, 2020 8:40 AM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
Elsa is back.. another great episode
seeing emilia experiencing psychological trauma was so painful
so excited to the next one >-<
EMT

Aug 5, 2020 8:44 AM

May 2016
Little pressed they cut Echidna’s speech short.😭😭😭 it was very interesting reading that part in the manga. It added another layer of psychological twist esp right after meeting his parents aka doing the trials. I was expecting that part to be the majority of this episode. Just two characters literally talking about the trials. And tbh, didn’t expect them to add the missing scenes of episode 3 back in here lol.

Overall, good episode tho (not perfect because reasons above).

Also THE QUEEN IS BACK. Love the return of Re:Zero real best girl (Elsa).💅
TeamDalaiLanaAug 5, 2020 7:31 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 5, 2020 8:45 AM
Apr 2020
YOU KNOW SHITS GONNA GET PREETY FCKED UP NOW THAT ELSA IS BACK
DAMMN THAT INTESTINE
OK BOYZ THE THRILL HAS JUST BEGUN
BUCKLE UP HOPE U DONT POP YOUR BRAINS OUT
Aug 5, 2020 8:51 AM
Feb 2020
very glad to see Roswaal s friendly,quirky visage finally crack in the anime (more than the one scene he had with Ram in season 1 which people seem to have forgotten.) That twisted eerie clown OST they re giving him this season makes it all the better.
North25Aug 5, 2020 8:59 AM
Aug 5, 2020 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
Calm the fudge up man.
Aug 5, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, we have the official OP that foreshadows A LOT of things we've known and not so far. Definitely an eye-opening opening to risk worth breaking down for LN readers.

Echidna's first trial for Subaru to remember his past, and she sure knows how to nitpick his memories, even to the truthful of current time. The first of 3 trials to set the Sanctuary free, only makes the heart grow fonder and stronger for the man. Emilia on the other hand though, very thoroughly petrified of the nightmares of a trial, that was as uncomfortable as heck.

Otto has a plan? That's quite bold though, but the "loli hag" from the forest and the Sanctuary representative Ryuzu makes her momentary entrance to reveal the harsh consequences that could end in instant death.

A 50/50 on setting the Sanctuary free huh, that only brings more suffering to everyone, but to each his/her own. That is ten, NO, HUNDRED times, even more infuriating with Roswaal in keeping mum whilst being subtle to Subaru, letting him figure out the true events unfolding, entirely ON HIS OWN. The plan from the very beginning, to contradict everyone and not himself, and leading Subaru on his fantasy ways as Emilia's "knight in shining armour", a plot to risk an unknown and thrust him as the next target. Unforgivable? The damage is already done...

Regardless of what's been done, the only way is to move forward. Back to the former Roswaal Mansion, and Elsa's return from Season 1 to "clean" Subaru's bowels, that sent shivers up the spine for a super frightening moment of despair. The trigger person for Subaru's "Return By Death", with the ability gone, Subaru will have an EVEN harder time getting out of this mess.

Sucks to wait another week for more suffering...
KANLen09Aug 5, 2020 9:01 AM
Aug 5, 2020 8:56 AM
Apr 2018
SHIVERS in the Spine!!!

The true horror begins when SUBARU enters the Palace ; and what's more he is alone in that dark.
Of course there's thriller ; but it also fits best in HORROR genre.
Aug 5, 2020 8:56 AM
Oct 2019
Starting to really like Echidna even though I know she is evil and is probably going to betray or hurt Subura in the future!
The OP was really liked the message- "If it is to save you (the people Subura cares about etc Emila and Rem), I don't care how many time I die.
I think we can ALL agree with Subura that Dona did look good in that SCHOOL UNIFORM!
I like that Subura didn't fall for Dona's manipulation and standing up for this paren-even if it was artificial he still said what he had and overcome his past

It is really uncomfortable and sad to see Emilia go psychological trauma I really hope she can overcome her past soon

It is surprising to see that Roswaal trusted Subura that much that he know Subura would do anything in his power to save Emilia. If even though it was clever to improve the citizen of Arlam village reputation with Emilia it doesn't the justify the people that Roswaal WILLINGLY let dead.

HOLY SHIT ELSA IS BACK I didn't expect that! And she is so powerful she moved so quick that Subura tripped over his OWN INTESTINES

I am getting hyped even one his hyping up this next arc/next episode. I CAN'T WAIT
Aug 5, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
I found it interesting how Emilia was calling out for her father and then calling out for Puck even though Puck called Emilia her daughter. God damn Emilia's struggles...I can't even imagine what she went though in the past.

Meanwhile Echidna looking sexy AF in that school uniform and Subaru lets her know about it. Also I think she is slowly starting to fall for Subaru.

Damn Roswall is kind of garbage.

God dammit! No I want to trust Frederica! PLease don't ruin my image of her! Why would she give Emilia the stone that would probably have killed her.

Welp Subaru is back at the mansion. And besides Elsa showing up and causing fucking havoc (I wonder where his reset point is) I noticed something. All of the Doors in the Mansion were open. So what if that was set up so no matter what Subaru could not meet up with Beatrice? and Hopefully this wasnt Frederica's doing again but Jesus man that was brutal. This episode was too smooth I was just waiting for the Chaos ending.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 5, 2020 9:00 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I liked the questions that Garfiel asked Subaru. It is really hard at times to determine if you are doing something for selfish or selfless reasons, and Garfiel helped Subaru realize that (it's also a nice contrast to Roswaal, who fully embraces the selfish reasons.) I hope that he gets a chance to sit down and talk about it with Emilia next episode life.

Emilia's new uniform was very cute!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 5, 2020 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
SoraSenpai said:
God dammit! No I want to trust Frederica! PLease don't ruin my image of her! Why would she give Emilia the stone that would probably have killed her.
That's actually an easy question to answer

Aug 5, 2020 9:04 AM
May 2016
mozgow said:

Was that really revealed ?? I rewatched the beginning and it seems that she can only create a world based on Subaru's memories, without knowing his memories right ? To me, she cannot read his thoughts, at least this is not what is revealed to this extent. (btw I haven't read the WN)
Aug 5, 2020 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
Elsa's back lol. Quite the entrance at the very end of that episode.
Aug 5, 2020 9:07 AM

Nov 2016
i think its funny how at least before Echidna everyone who meets and eventually gets to like subaru thinks he is just brave or fascinating because he's daring and rushes into things without thinking but it's actually because he's an idiot He never looks at the bigger picture or think about consequences like death or failure which happens to him a lot but to those on the outside it just appears as if he has been doing all this daring/brave stuff without failure or death so it creates a sort of good/bad motivation or influence on them to be like him, Rem won't be fighting recklessly or daring if she didn't see subaru manage to somehow overcome all his seemly impossible challenges and same for Emilia(they both didn't trust him at first basically because of this how can someone so weak do all this impossible things and still behave like an idiot). it's good to have a character who sees the stupidity in some of his decisions.

that's why i love this show, as much as he grows you know it came at the cause of his life not some ass pull OP power
Aug 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Apr 2019
Loved the dialogue in this episode, the tone of basically every conversation was eerie which I loved. Also that ending, classic Re Zero fashion.

Aug 5, 2020 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
Subaru representing the fandom with his compliment.

And yes, finally, best girl( woman) Elsa made her comeback <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 5, 2020 9:15 AM

Oct 2015
What a crazy episode. It's left me with a lot to think about.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Aug 5, 2020 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
Clementinus660 said:
Was that really revealed ?? I rewatched the beginning and it seems that she can only create a world based on Subaru's memories, without knowing his memories right ? To me, she cannot read his thoughts, at least this is not what is revealed to this extent. (btw I haven't read the WN)
But how could she re-create the world without knowing his memories? She just said / thought "Let's pick some random memories and re-create a world based on them" and that's that? She had to pick something from his past. Could she do that without reading Subaru's memories?

And you're right, she can't read Subaru's thoughts. But aren't thoughts and memories somehow different?
Aug 5, 2020 9:16 AM

Jun 2016
Sheeeee's baaaaaack and now is here to cut open Subaru's stomach again in very elegant manner as always 😂
Things are going to get so much interesting here plus we're back to Subaru's relooping time shenanigans again.
Gift by Mimurona

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.