Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2020 9:26 AM
Aug 2018
I know now is not the time to go out in public very much, but at least in the past did you wear any anime shirts out in public? I own 5 anime shirts and I wear them out in public. I don’t care what people think tbh.

Also, how about any ahegao clothes? Bonus points for that.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 30, 2020 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
no but I hear that it helps with social distancing
Apr 30, 2020 9:31 AM

Jun 2014
I own a Project A-Ko t-shirt and a Lensman t-shirt.

I don't wear them often, as I don't want them to wear out, so I mostly just wear them on my birthday, or some other special occasion.

Apr 30, 2020 9:32 AM

Dec 2018
I don’t own any and I’d rather die than wear one in public. I’d be the disgrace of the family if I wore anime shirts to the mall.
Apr 30, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2019
I own a sailor moon shirt that I often go out in. I get compliments for it, actually; everyone finds it snazzy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Modern culture deems it more acceptable to go out in anime shirts, it seems.
Apr 30, 2020 9:44 AM
Aug 2018
Monochrosanity said:
I don’t own any and I’d rather die than wear one in public. I’d be the disgrace of the family if I wore anime shirts to the mall.

Does your family not support your interest in anime? My family is just indifferent
Seiya said:
I own a Project A-Ko t-shirt and a Lensman t-shirt.

I don't wear them often, as I don't want them to wear out, so I mostly just wear them on my birthday, or some other special occasion.

I see. It’s a good thing you take care of them like that

Apr 30, 2020 9:47 AM
Aug 2018
Fuzzylumpkins said:
I own a sailor moon shirt that I often go out in. I get compliments for it, actually; everyone finds it snazzy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Modern culture deems it more acceptable to go out in anime shirts, it seems.

Yeah a lot of people either don’t bat an eye or are accepting towards it. It’s definitely become more accepted since Hot Topic has an entire section for anime shirts.

Apr 30, 2020 9:47 AM

Dec 2018
Xickonaut said:
Monochrosanity said:

Does your family not support your interest in anime? My family is just indifferent.

It’s not exactly that but it would definitely be embarrassing for both myself and any friends or family since most people I know associate anime with kids shows such as Pokémon or Digimon.
Apr 30, 2020 9:51 AM
Aug 2018
Monochrosanity said:
Xickonaut said:

Does your family not support your interest in anime? My family is just indifferent.

It’s not exactly that but it would definitely be embarrassing for both myself and any friends or family since most people I know associate anime with kids shows such as Pokémon or Digimon.
Even my friends who didn’t like anime knew it wasn’t just for kids.
Monochrosanity said:
Xickonaut said:

Even my friends who didn’t like anime knew anime wasn’t just for kids. I’m assuming you’re of an older demographic.

Apr 30, 2020 10:01 AM

Jul 2016
No, because generally, I don't like wearing shirts with any iconography or text on them. I prefer simple patterns or just a few colours. My sister's got a Naruto shirt though, but it's more of a pyjama shirt than anything you'd wear in public.
Apr 30, 2020 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
I use to wear an Evangelion t-shirt with Rei Ayanami on it. But that was in my 20's, once I hit my 30's, I started to lay off on the anime clothing.

Though if I was in an anime group of friends, I'd easily wear anime stuff to those gatherings. Just not when I'm randomly out in public anymore.
Apr 30, 2020 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I own a lot of them. Like this and this.

Do I wear 'em in public? Of course. Friends and strangers would let me know they like 'em. It's nice when people are nice! :-)
Apr 30, 2020 10:21 AM

Jan 2018
^ those are some mad tees ngl

Nah, since it doesn't match my fashion sense

Apr 30, 2020 10:21 AM
Aug 2018
AtroxVenator said:
Of course, a dozen or so, how would one not dare to represent? Sad that no one in town would even begin to have the slightest of clues, but so be it.

Seeing how temperatures are beginning to rise 'round here, I can recommend: Link Really thin fabric, quality print, true to size -unless you're a fat piece of shit by American standards-, and fairly certain that they ship worldwide.

I might actually buy some shirts from there. Thanks for the link. I’m afraid that the fabric will be too thin though. I’m a fatass (not by American standards though) so I don’t like shirts that make an outline of my torso and stick to my skin.

Apr 30, 2020 10:29 AM

Apr 2020
Most of my shirts are anime shirts. My favourites are the Senpai Club shirts, my Miku shirt from Omocat and my Telefang shirts.

Edit: oh! Forgot about my Android 18 and Gundam shirt from Uniqlo
Salty-GBApr 30, 2020 10:44 AM
Apr 30, 2020 10:37 AM

Jun 2019
No, buying clothes is like buying water to me, I am not going to do a detour to a special shop to drink fancy water. Furthermore, it's kind of childish.
Apr 30, 2020 10:44 AM
Aug 2018
Meusnier said:
No, buying clothes is like buying water to me, I am not going to do a detour to a special shop to drink fancy water. Furthermore, it's kind of childish.

How is it childish? It’s just expressing your fondness of anime. I don’t see any childishness about it.

Apr 30, 2020 10:46 AM

Jun 2019
Xickonaut said:
Meusnier said:

How is it childish? It’s just expressing your fondness of anime. I don’t see any childishness about it.

Because anime is considered childish by 99.9% of people, and is not separated (as it should be) from kids cartoons.

I had not fully read your post and I learned a new word (there is even a W***a page, look at the Japanese version...). Not sure whether I should thank you for that or not.
MeusnierApr 30, 2020 10:50 AM
Apr 30, 2020 10:54 AM

Nov 2018
Got a Misaka Mikoto t shirt and a t shirt of Eren and Mikasa from AoT that says "Its an Anime thing you wouldn't understand" but I didn't buy that one.
Apr 30, 2020 10:57 AM

Apr 2020
Meusnier said:
Xickonaut said:

Because anime is considered childish by 99.9% of people, and is not separated (as it should be) from kids cartoons.

I had not fully read your post and I learned a new word (there is even a W***a page, look at the Japanese version...). Not sure whether I should thank you for that or not.

I'm not sure where this "people think anime is for kids" thing comes from. I've never experienced this where I live. Also, people wear things like Hello Kitty or 80s cartoons all the time without people questioning it, why is this acceptable but anime isn't in this weird scenario where anime is for kids?
Salty-GBApr 30, 2020 11:01 AM
Apr 30, 2020 10:57 AM
Aug 2018
Meusnier said:
Xickonaut said:

Oh so it’s childish in the sense that people think it’s childish. I get it now, but I don’t think it’s 99.9% of people, maybe like 60%.

Is the new word ahegao lol? I don’t see myself wearing an ahegao shirt in public anytime soon, but props to them if someone does that.

Apr 30, 2020 11:22 AM

Jun 2019
Xickonaut said:
Meusnier said:

Oh so it’s childish in the sense that people think it’s childish. I get it now, but I don’t think it’s 99.9% of people, maybe like 60%.

Is the new word ahegao lol? I don’t see myself wearing an ahegao shirt in public anytime soon, but props to them if someone does that.

In my country which is a big consumer of manga and anime, I see really rarely people with anime shirts at all, and manga and anime still have a bad reputation, even among young people who want to act cool (a majority who would die if they were compared to a "geek"=anyone who deviates from the norm). Many just hide it, and I cannot remember anyone from High School who was bragging about reading manga. I think that many only have the image of shows they watched as kids, so no surprise to put it on the same level as kids shows. When an essay writers says on television that "manga is shit" and "there is no text in manga", there is not anyone to contradict him. It is also discarded as a concurrence to traditional comics. 60%? I was not super-serious about the number I gave, but among people above 60 who even knows about manga? I also doubt that it is so popular among 40-60 people. Manga was not sold before 1990 only became popular in the late 90's. Don't take Elon Musk as a norm.

Yes this is the word. Wait, you don't want to be as cool as this gentleman?

@Salty-GB Hello Kitty is not very representative in my opinion, since it was incorporated to mainstream fashion a long time ago.
Apr 30, 2020 11:34 AM

Jul 2019
I have a Death Note shirt with giant L letter on it. Most of my friends watched Death Note and they never actually realized that it's connected to the anime.
Apr 30, 2020 11:35 AM
Aug 2018
Meusnier said:
Xickonaut said:

In my country which is a big consumer of manga and anime, I see really rarely people with anime shirts at all, and manga and anime still have a bad reputation, even among young people who want to act cool (a majority who would die if they were compared to a "geek"=anyone who deviates from the norm). Many just hide it, and I cannot remember anyone from High School who was bragging about reading manga. I think that many only have the image of shows they watched as kids, so no surprise to put it on the same level as kids shows. When an essay writers says on television that "manga is shit" and "there is no text in manga", there is not anyone to contradict him. It is also discarded as a concurrence to traditional comics. 60%? I was not super-serious about the number I gave, but among people above 60 who even knows about manga? I also doubt that it is so popular among 40-60 people. Manga was not sold before 1990 only became popular in the late 90's. Don't take Elon Musk as a norm.

@Salty-GB Hello Kitty is not very representative in my opinion, since it was incorporated to mainstream fashion a long time ago.

Well I don’t see many people wearing anime shirts at all like you said which I agree with of course. Maybe my number is a little off but there are definitely a lot of people who realize anime isn’t just for kids.

Anyway I wish I was as confident as that dude.

Apr 30, 2020 11:36 AM
Aug 2018
NamikazeHime said:
I have a Death Note shirt with giant L letter on it. Most of my friends watched Death Note and they never actually realized that it's connected to the anime.

How tf could they not recognize the giant letter L as L’s symbol. Are you sure they watched it?

Apr 30, 2020 11:42 AM

Jul 2019
Xickonaut said:
NamikazeHime said:

How tf could they not recognize the giant letter L as L’s symbol. Are you sure they watched it?

I was genuinely dissapointed, because that L screams L Lawliet. I guess people don't really pay attention to the details.
Apr 30, 2020 11:47 AM

Jun 2019
Xickonaut said:
Meusnier said:

Well I don’t see many people wearing anime shirts at all like you said which I agree with of course. Maybe my number is a little off but there are definitely a lot of people who realize anime isn’t just for kids.

Anyway I wish I was as confident as that dude.

Indeed, there are more and more, and I guess that most of people below 30 would not mind if you were wearing an anime shirt. The L shirt is great since no one will be able to make the link. I just don't feel wearing an Asuna face on me.
Apr 30, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
I sure do! I own tons of anime t-shirts and wear them pretty often. I buy them at Uniqlo - they make cute designs and you get to support the creators.
Apr 30, 2020 12:00 PM

Dec 2017
Nope, just like band t-shirts I don't have any, most of my wardrobe is as plain as possible, colour variation but no patterns or drawings.
“There is something in this world which no one has ever seen.
It is soft and sweet.
If it is spotted, I'm sure everyone will want to have it,
Which is why no one has ever seen it.
For this world has hidden it quite well, so that it is difficult to obtain.
But, there will come a day when it is discovered by somebody,
And only those who should obtain it will be able to find it.
That is all.”

Yuyuko Takemiya
Apr 30, 2020 1:43 PM

Oct 2012
No I want a serial experiments lain shirt and a yuyu hakusho shirt so bad tho
Apr 30, 2020 6:26 PM

Mar 2015
I don't have any anime shirts, though honestly all my shirts are just plain black/grey/dark blue t-shirts, they're cheap and work fine so I just wear them
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 30, 2020 6:48 PM

Mar 2019
I have 3 anime t shirts and all 3 were gifts and I never wear them because there from shows I dont care about
Apr 30, 2020 6:51 PM

Jul 2014
I've got an orange Dragon Ball shirt with the Kame logo but that's it.
Take care of yourself

Apr 30, 2020 11:54 PM

Aug 2015
I have one of those orange DragonBall tee shirts i occasionally wear.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Apr 30, 2020 11:55 PM

Jan 2009
nope and even if i have the money i do not think i wear that since im a minimalist and i like my shirts to be plain
May 1, 2020 12:01 AM
Jul 2018
i dont have any anime shirts rn but i really want to buy a hoodie with junji ito manga panels
May 1, 2020 5:25 AM

Mar 2018
I am not into such things but under no condition would I turn down a t-shirt with LoGH insignias.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
May 1, 2020 5:44 AM
Jul 2017
I have some anime shirts, i used to go to school wearing this haha
May 1, 2020 5:50 AM

Sep 2017
I just have a Totoro hoodie, it's nice and comfy but a bit tight bc asian sizes are tiny as heck
May 1, 2020 7:21 AM
Aug 2018
tfujszempaj said:
i dont have any anime shirts rn but i really want to buy a hoodie with junji ito manga panels

I’m interested in that too tbh. Junji ito is the best

May 1, 2020 7:21 AM

May 2016
I wore the Sharingan-patterned t-shirt I got 5 years ago out to buy fruits and medicine just a few hours ago~

I have a couple others that I wore at least once outside including Saitama's Oppai hoodie that I wear unzipped most of the time.

May 1, 2020 7:44 AM

Oct 2010
I bought a (fake) Death Note t-shirt almost ten years ago, but I never wore it and at this point it's too small for me to wear it even as a pj.
May 1, 2020 7:44 AM

Oct 2012
I have a shirt with the design of the pattern of Gintoki's Kimono, it's very discrete, so the only people who can tell I'm wearing an anime shirt are those who know Gintama.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
May 1, 2020 9:46 AM

Dec 2016
no and no, but i probably would buy something and wear it outside if it was from one of my favourite series (and not just the mainstream shit), and if it was discrete - the kind of thing that only i know where it comes from.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
May 1, 2020 9:58 AM

Dec 2019
if i have an anime shirt, i would only wear them at home lol

wearing it outside would look weird on me
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
May 1, 2020 11:38 AM
Aug 2016
No to both questions, but I would love to. I have a K-pop hoodie tho, with BTS to be more exact, if that counts. Well, since this is about anime, I guess it doesn't count.
May 1, 2020 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
I have a Hisoka t-shirt that I wear outside. When people ask me about him I tell them that he's a scene-stealer without going into the pedo details.
May 1, 2020 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
yes but because I got fat, they make me look even more like a slob and are very uncomfortable to wear.

hopefully I can lose weight so I can wear them with pride.
May 1, 2020 1:22 PM

Oct 2018
I have an MHA shirt my sister got for me for christmas. I wear it in the dining hall every now and then to show off my culture lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
May 1, 2020 2:52 PM

Aug 2019
i have an ugly ass danganronpa shirt.

a. it makes me look fat and b. id rather die than be a danganronpa fan out in the wild. i hadnt even finished the first game when i bought it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What's your opinion on ASMR videos!? COOL or CRINGE!?

JustMaya - 10 hours ago

26 by traed »»
12 minutes ago

» Have you ever safely met a person from the Internet? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Jul 21

57 by mandylorian »»
1 hour ago

» Do you think you're disposable to the people around you?

SimplyBrazen - 9 hours ago

28 by cyandaqil »»
1 hour ago

» How to lose weight without going crazy, protect your mental health ( 1 2 )

Scorched_skin - Jan 12, 2023

60 by PeripheralVision »»
2 hours ago

» I’m a diagnosed sociopath with narcissistic tendency’s. Ask me Questions

TheSuave - 6 hours ago

12 by TheSuave »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.