Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2020 1:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's late in the season but we're getting some badass Endeavor and Hawk moments. Hell, I bet Endeavor wanted to showoff considering he is one of the most skilled pro heroes in their society.

This is actually one of the better episodes imo this season as it has a sort of cinematic feel compared to other episodes. It's like monster vs monster in the city. Really hope season 5 will be better. Season 4 disappointed me.
Stark700Apr 4, 2020 1:51 AM
Apr 4, 2020 1:51 AM

Aug 2017
The worst arcs of BNHA were in this season, well except the last two episodes but they do not save the bad writing from 23 ep. Just like a lot ppl said, S4 is a letdown to the entire first 3 seasons. But as I read the manga, I can assure you that the following arcs are much better than the disappointing Overhaul arc and the useless U.A. School Festival Arc except for Gentle Criminal and La Brava. Also, Eri is the most overrated character of this season and she only has two functions: plot device and being victimized.

I'm just going to say that Bones ruined Mirio vs Overhaul fight. Ahhh, my eyes.

4/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMay 9, 2020 6:02 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 4, 2020 1:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was one dope finale! I just finished watching the live stream and it was straight-up fire, Endeavor's rise begins from here onwards!

Quite the tough opponent this time around. Strength of multiple Nemus, that's never a good sign for the Heroes and the Hero Society. Incredible regeneration abilities at that, I wonder how they cooked up this menacing opponent. Damn sure this ain't the last either, looking forward to more of these exhilarating opponents and fights.

Hawks assistance was fantastic but that final blaze from Endeavor to finish it once and for all takes the throne for me! Some more light into Hawks hero as well, that was nice to see. I didn't imagine he was looking up to Endeavor all along. On another note, these two together would really make up an amazing team. Endevour the aggressor and powerhouse and Hawks with the necessary cleanup and assistance.

Endeavors victory pose was a delight to watch too following the footsteps of the great All Might.

A lot of focus on his family too which really raised the stakes of the fight. Guess he wasn't as heartless as we imagined and Endeavor seeing a part of himself in his opponent was a nice touch. Shoto's relief was very heartwarming to see.

Bloody hell, what was that after-credit scene all about? Midoriya's power going berserk or is it compatibility issue popping up?

Overall, just the episode to hype up Season 5!

But sadly, the previous episodes never reached this level so it's a disappointment at the end of the day. Overhaul Arc started off so great as well (and the OST!) but it just kept missing from then on. Daiheisei Fest arc is more like a filler arc than anything else really but Gentle Criminal and La Brava brought a new light to this show and it was cool seeing how Midoriya fought against such an unorthodox-like opponent.

I really liked Eri-chan too, and I'm hoping we'll be able to see more of her in future instalments. Not much of the League of Villians and Shigaraki so hopefully we’ll be getting a mouthful of them later too. Just one scene of All for One (and one more in his past self here) this season but I didn’t think we’d even that honestly so I’m fine with it.

As such, I'm going to settle with a very generous 7/10 and I'll be hoping Season 5 will ignite back this series to the top-tier ranks.

Season 5 teaser!

https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/1246361396167639041

Edit: Dropped it down to a 6 after all.
_MushiRock11_Apr 26, 2020 6:05 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 2020 2:03 AM
May 2018
Отличный был сезон.
Apr 4, 2020 2:29 AM

May 2018
PLUS ULTRA!!
This episode was a GREAT finale (I love Hawks and Enji) and the foreshadowing with Deku at the end. I AM HYPED FOR SEASON 5 !!
xSayumiApr 4, 2020 2:32 AM

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Apr 4, 2020 2:33 AM

Oct 2019
This episode was great I just hope that the Endeavor drama won't happen again.

The rest of the season was slightly above average to me, my main Issue with this season is that I felt like it focused too much on Deku without giving him an actual arc other then another "did I deserve to get OFA" and even after this season ended he didn't really change his perspective about that issue, I feel like after every arc he just resets to zero.

overall this season is a 6.5/10 for me.
Apr 4, 2020 2:39 AM

Sep 2017
wow cant believe endeavor n hawks vs high end would be animated well like this

i was expecting this season ended with
guess it will be the opening of next season

overall this season didnt meet my expectation especially the overhaul arc, still enjoyable though

looking forward to 5th season

zalapenoApr 4, 2020 2:42 AM
Apr 4, 2020 2:49 AM

Jul 2017
This season was one of the boring, underwhelming and forgettable seasons I've ever experienced in any medium in my entire life. Nothing good about it except the SONG for the first opening, not even the full first opening itself.

0.5/10. I can't give it any higher since there's absolutely nothing that I could give more credit for, since it was painful. Not even the animation and music could redeem it for me, let alone the characters and arcs that I could not give one single fuck for.
Time for Season 5 hype... am I right??

(I'm still probably gonna watch it since I've wasted 88 episodes of my life already on this and I don't wanna drop shows after seeing this for so long, other than DBZ)
Apr 4, 2020 2:54 AM

Mar 2018
animejas said:
This season was one of the boring, underwhelming and forgettable seasons I've ever experienced in any medium in my entire life. Nothing good about it except the SONG for the first opening, not even the full first opening itself.

0.5/10. I can't give it any higher since there's absolutely nothing that I could give more credit for, since it was painful. Not even the animation and music could redeem it for me, let alone the characters and arcs that I could not give one single fuck for.

(I'm still probably gonna watch it since I've wasted 88 episodes of my life already on this and I don't wanna drop shows after seeing this for so long, other than DBZ)

What's the point of still watching if you gave 3 out of the 4 seasons a score lower than 4?
Evangelion is shit
Apr 4, 2020 2:56 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was good although this was definitely the weakest season of BnHA ever. No bakugou and sakuga also wasn't as intense. Although we gotta see hawks who turned out to be pretty interesting.

Also, I love it when todoroki's family gets some screen time other than endeavor.
Apr 4, 2020 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
PsychoEkin said:
animejas said:

What's the point of still watching if you gave 3 out of the 4 seasons a score lower than 4?

Like I said, I'm not really a fan of dropping shows after investing a lot of time in it except DBZ since there's like 200+ episodes I didn't see of that, plus all the stuff after. Plus, I generally watch it with my friends anyway so I wouldn't just abandon hanging out with them for a terrible anime.

Also, there is a season in there that I actually liked in season 2, so I know that this show can do something good with it. It's just not happened as often as I would like.
Apr 4, 2020 3:08 AM

Dec 2016
Haven't seen this ep yet but after scrolling through the reviews jeez all I'm gonna say is that the hate this season got has been totally exaggerated. Everyone is overreacting here and I bet it only has to do with the show's high popularity.
Apr 4, 2020 3:10 AM

May 2017
absolutely speechless. One of the best episodes this show has ever seen. Pure greatness. Perfect directing and animation. The soundtracks were placed perfectly you couldn't have executed this episode any better. This was absolutely insane. The 2nd half of this season rekindled my love for this show.

Huge props to bones and everyone involved in this project. You are nuts delivering high end season's again and again. Respect.
Apr 4, 2020 3:14 AM

Nov 2015
Season 5 confirmed! And will start with another boring arc. 😒

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 4, 2020 3:16 AM

Jun 2014
A great fight to end the season and this episode was easily a highlight but like others have said, this was the weakest season for sure (DON'T COME FOR MY NECK I STILL THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD SEASON BUT NOT AS GOOD AS THE LAST COUPLE). Not sure how much of that was because of a different director, the movie that kind of interfered with things, or just this content in the manga not being that great to begin with (what was covered this season wasn't really that great imo, and wasn't really my favorite arcs anyway so it could just be that). Also, not a big fan of them ending this season with an incomplete arc. There's like 3 chapters of this arc left, so it feels weird to just....stop it here. Like I said in last week's thread, if the season didn't start with filler recap this probably wouldn't be an issue......well whatever, we have a 5th season to look forward to and hopefully things go back to how previous seasons were, particularly seasons 2 and 3.

Also, I find it ironic that this season, specifically the Overhaul arc, was super hyped up when it was first announced, yet it has the lowest score out of MHA's 4 seasons lol. This is why I think people should take that level of overhyping with a grain of salt, and hopefully people will take that into consideration if future seasons of this show, or any anime for that matter, receive the type of hype that this season got from people with knowledge of the manga/LN/whatever other source material.
thebrentinator24Apr 4, 2020 3:19 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 4, 2020 3:19 AM

Jul 2017
Give or take, Season 4 of MHA hasn't been the greatest. The good but weakest season due to the horrendous take on the Overhaul arc (the greatness UNTIL those black background fades between Mirio and Overhaul that grated it all) and then the School Festival arc being filler-like to the main plot.

Todoroki's family for extensive purposes, are the same as him: memories blurred because of bad blood within Endeavor their father. Whatever the family dad Endeavor has in mind, it's only up to him to salvage all of it.

The Nomu from the USJ incident is back, only more stronger, smarter and mutable, like All for One. As Hawks and Endeavor grapple with the situation, their powers aren't enough, much less their willpower and not forgetting that All Might is out of the picture.

The All for One vs All Might scenario bringing back memories of the Kamino incident, it's "do-or-die" for Endeavor and Hawks to save the day without the Symbol of Peace. And needless to say, the Todoroki Dad did his part to set the Nomu ablaze, PLUS ULTRA style. Now that's what you do to be Number One! That was straight fire.

With Season 5 a non-secret and sure-fire plan, crossed fingers to wish the season would get back to the roots of awesome action and plot ascending.

Things only going to get more messy and rough next season, that's for sure.
Apr 4, 2020 3:21 AM

Apr 2018
So many sad complainers in this thread. This anime is pretty incredible compared to anything else airing at the moment but y'all still crying. Your expectations are too high.

Trade your expectations for appreciation and it's a whole new world. Seriously try it out, or if you really don't like it, don't watch it. It's that simple, complaining doesn't make it any better for you or anyone else. Tired of all the negativity!
Apr 4, 2020 3:22 AM

Apr 2017
Best episode of the series so far, Endeavor really is the best.
cunnysseur
Apr 4, 2020 3:24 AM
May 2008
7/10. Still high quality, even though the story wasnt as entertaining as previous seasons. Can't figure out why people rate reputable studios lower than 5. Was the sound choppy, and cutting in and out? Was the art, & motion that of a flip book? Was the VAing not believable? Was the plot lost inside an enigma?
Apr 4, 2020 3:25 AM

Oct 2009
Is it just me or was this episode a painful cringe to watch? The pre-OP and post-ED scenes were actually interesting, but the rest.... I mean, come on. For starters, it just felt very detached and self-contained. And then here's this brand new, bioengineered (if I have to hear that one more time...) thing, not some villain henchman, hell not even a human, that the super-mega-awesome extra incredibly strong fresh nr1 hero, even with help from his sudden sidekick, almost has to give his life to defeat? Struggling with it for an entire episode? Getting so crushed that he can't even move his body for like, what, half the fight? Seriously... If this is the difference in strength between villains and heroes.... Yeah, no, sorry, gimme a break.

And all this to give Endeavour the highlight - someone whom we've barely had a reason to care about for 4 whole seasons. (And if we did, we mostly just gave him stern looks because we all love Shouto, ofc.) I dunno. I liked the season overall, but to me the finale was just weird and out of place.
Apr 4, 2020 3:25 AM
Sep 2015
They really save the best moment for the last episode, my Endeavor fetish is being fulfilled. I just can't talk about Endeavor without R18 content, that's how crazy I am for him. Shoto is so lucky to have such a DILF dad!

S2>S4>S3>S1

But if Endeavor get more uke yaoi doujinshi Season 4 will probably surpass Season 2.
Apr 4, 2020 3:27 AM

Feb 2018
Best episode of the whole franchise. Holy shit that was movie-level type stuff
Apr 4, 2020 3:28 AM

Oct 2017
Endeavour hypee!! The fight was absolutely amazing. With this Endeavour's time as the number one hero begins. Also damn that post credit scene was really interesting. I wonder if Deku just unlocked a new power, guess we'll find out in next season.

The first half of this season was great. Miriyo and Kirishima were both amazing and then that Deku vs Overhaul fight was magnificent. Thou the festival arc was kinda meh cause of the lame villain but this finale kinda redeemed the second half of this season. Anyway looking forward to the next season.
MegamiRemApr 4, 2020 3:36 AM
Apr 4, 2020 3:28 AM

Jan 2009
best episode of this season

i like that nomu is behaving like how Endeavor was in the past that wanted to be the strongest so its a nice character development for Endeavor to overcome his past self

Apr 4, 2020 3:31 AM

Jun 2009
Endevour's plus ultra moment was absolutely epic.

For me the worst thing about this season by far is the bitchy and ungreatful fandom who compains about absolutely anything.
Apr 4, 2020 3:34 AM

May 2017
yellowheartren said:
Is it just me or was this episode a painful cringe to watch? The pre-OP and post-ED scenes were actually interesting, but the rest.... I mean, come on. For starters, it just felt very detached and self-contained. And then here's this brand new, bioengineered (if I have to hear that one more time...) thing, not some villain henchman, hell not even a human, that the super-mega-awesome extra incredibly strong fresh nr1 hero, even with help from his sudden sidekick, almost has to give his life to defeat? Struggling with it for an entire episode? Getting so crushed that he can't even move his body for like, what, half the fight? Seriously... If this is the difference in strength between villains and heroes.... Yeah, no, sorry, gimme a break.

And all this to give Endeavour the highlight - someone whom we've barely had a reason to care about for 4 whole seasons. (And if we did, we mostly just gave him stern looks because we all love Shouto, ofc.) I dunno. I liked the season overall, but to me the finale was just weird and out of place.

uhm idk if you remember this but all might who was much stronger in season 1 than endeavor struggled against a normal nomu and basically had to go "plus ultra" to win. So Endeavor struggling against an even more advanced nomu is not really out of place. It might seem forced to suddenly have this advanced nomu in the final episode but I think it worked pretty well, giving the season a chance to end on a high note. Also these nomus are created to fight and have high damage tolerance. I think it's much more reasonable to have a newly created Nomu as a little mini boss instead of a random villain.
Apr 4, 2020 3:36 AM

Aug 2017
kronos7 said:

For me the worst thing about this season by far is the bitchy and ungreatful fandom who compains about absolutely anything.

Yeah I feel ya homes. There's certainly a pack of bitches and whiners plaguing us. Like ya got the rats here & then there's the rats making death threats and general harassing of Hori for the most insane reasons & it just becomes depressing.

A damn shame really.

I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 4, 2020 3:42 AM
Oct 2018
Best episode and Amazing Season , I can't wait for Season 5 . Lmfao peoples from myanimelist are really the worst so cancerous
Apr 4, 2020 3:43 AM
Dec 2018
This was a good episode, but you can really see the director having a negative influence.

This could have been easily one of the best episodes of the series, but yeah... it was still around in the Top 10s but... the episode... lacked the right music, interrupted once again the fight with a cutscene and did other things that destroyed the atmosphere partly.

Season is a 6.5/10 for me

Looking forward to the next season. I hope the old Director returns alonng with the old staff
Apr 4, 2020 3:43 AM
Jun 2017
kronos7 said:

Totally agree with you on that one. I was laughing as I scrolled through the comments here. I was expecting people to be commenting about how amazing this episode was, but all I see is exaggerated complaining.

I found this season pretty good. It had its flaws, like any of the other seasons, but the most important parts were executed pretty well. The school festival arc was not good in the manga (due to Horikoshi being in a burn out), but I enjoyed it a lot in the anime. It reminded us, that class 1-A is just a bunch of teenagers with heavy responsibilites and that they deserve to have fun during school as well. Also, class' 1-A concert was the final push to put Eri on the way to full recovery, so it made sense for this arc to exist.

Lastly, we should be talking about how this episode was the best finale out of all Hero Aca seasons by far! The whole episode was filled with either emotional moments or great action scenes with wonderful animation!
Apr 4, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode. Endeavour vs Nomu was by far the greatest fight of the season. Mirio fight lacked the animation to back it up, I wasn't too fussed about the 'slideshow', but the animation was weaker for the duration of the fight. Deku fight had great sakuga but lacked the emotional punch.

Overall I enjoyed this season quite a bit. It wasn't the best but not quite a bad as others make it out to be. It's probably because this is when MHA really sets itself as a long running shounen rather than a great show that happened to get a few extra seasons, and it really feels like it.

Off to the manga I go...
Apr 4, 2020 3:49 AM
Feb 2014
Omar136661 said:
kronos7 said:

Totally agree with you on that one. I was laughing as I scrolled through the comments here. I was expecting people to be commenting about how amazing this episode was, but all I see is exaggerated complaining.

I found this season pretty good. It had its flaws, like any of the other seasons, but the most important parts were executed pretty well. The school festival arc was not good in the manga (due to Horikoshi being in a burn out), but I enjoyed it a lot in the anime. It reminded us, that class 1-A is just a bunch of teenagers with heavy responsibilites and that they deserve to have fun during school as well. Also, class' 1-A concert was the final push to put Eri on the way to full recovery, so it made sense for this arc to exist.

Lastly, we should be talking about how this episode was the best finale out of all Hero Aca seasons by far! The whole episode was filled with either emotional moments or great action scenes with wonderful animation!

Most of the people who enjoyed stuff, don't take time to write it down,
winy kids trying to find a way to exist on the other side, do.
It's an internet thing and MAL community is getting better at it by the day.
Apr 4, 2020 3:51 AM

Jan 2014
Wonder how many will complain about certain things in this episode like the last one lol. Like hell, I agree with a comment in this thread when it comes to it being overhyped. Some set their bars far too high, and when it didn't deliver to their standards. It's deemed as a poor season. Which isn't right.

Overall was a good season, sure, some areas could've been better. ((Like spending far too many episodes on saving Eri. I get they wanted to give moments to people, but some of those could've been put into one episode, rather than one hero moment between episode.))

I really dig how they've set up the next season. Gonna be fun!
Apr 4, 2020 3:51 AM

May 2018
I actually prefer this fight over Overhaul fight. Still the weakest season. I kinda knew Endeavor will shout Plus Ultra. LOL!
Apr 4, 2020 3:54 AM

Aug 2015

Thank god this train-wreck of a season is over.
Honestly what the fuck happen here.
This season alone destroyed MHA for me with its laziness and incompetence.
As a person who likes and owns the Blu-Rays for the first three seasons this season was tedious nightmare to watch from beginning to end.
Deku was insufferable here as he devolved into a overpowered Gary Sue
Even The Black Clover Anime is better than this shit

Total waste of time.
2/10
Personal Enjoyment 1.5/10
TakaCodeApr 4, 2020 3:57 AM
Apr 4, 2020 3:57 AM
Mar 2016
Old_School_Akira said:
Season 5 confirmed! And will start with another boring arc. 😒

With the last boring arc so far. Every arc after that has been progressing the plot by a ton and the current manga arc is looking like it will become by far the best arc in the entire manga so far.
Apr 4, 2020 3:59 AM

Jul 2015
Simply the best episode of the season. It was not the best season but I did enjoy it. I guess this topic is a clear view of the anime community.
Apr 4, 2020 4:01 AM
Mar 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Also, I find it ironic that this season, specifically the Overhaul arc, was super hyped up when it was first announced, yet it has the lowest score out of MHA's 4 seasons lol. This is why I think people should take that level of overhyping with a grain of salt, and hopefully people will take that into consideration if future seasons of this show, or any anime for that matter, receive the type of hype that this season got from people with knowledge of the manga/LN/whatever other source material.

That's because for the same amount of people who hyped the arc up, there was the same amount of people who absolutely hated the arc in the manga. It was probably the arc where the fanbase was the most divided on. People either loved or hated it. From what I've seen, while many people have been overhyping it, there have also been many people who said beforehand that it's their most hated arc.
Apr 4, 2020 4:04 AM

Aug 2009
I'm speechless with this episode, it was amazing.
Apr 4, 2020 4:07 AM
Mar 2016
shayed__ said:
It might seem forced to suddenly have this advanced nomu in the final episode but I think it worked pretty well, giving the season a chance to end on a high note.

It felt forced in the manga at first, but there was an explanation why it appeared that makes perfect sense. So it didn't just appear there randomly. I hoped they would include it in this episode but I guess they'll include that in the first episode of next season. Just wanted to point this out so you know it wasn't forced, it just feels forced without having the context needed.
Dec 2018
tbh im quite fed up with the people here who claim that all criticism is unjustified. This season is worse than the last ones. And its not because of the plot, because the plot is great. Its pacing issues, OST and music choices, directing, animation, stillshots and much more.

Pacing: Including a filler episode at the start but ending the season in the middle of an arc. Literally 3 chapters left to adapt, just cut the filler out and end the season on a good note.
Or stuff like adapting less than 2 chapters in one episode and over 4 in the next one, thats just rushed and inconsistent. S2 and S3 covered between 50-56 Chapters. This season covered 65-67. This doesnt sound like much more, but it is.

OST and music choices: Check Episode 13 or 14 for reference, the female english singer felt so out of place and many people (me included) have problems with that. music choices and OSTs this season were really different from the previous seasons. Music taste is obviously subjective but its undeniable that this season had debatable music choices and this all is because of the Change of the Director

Directing: Already posted above, and mentioned from other people (Check thread episode 12 or 13 or 14), Mirio slideshow vs Overhaul, Deku vs Overhaul fight always interrupted by flashbacks, music choices of the director, arranging of scenes by the director, stillshots etc.
All those things stemm from the Director.

Animation: The animation this season was below Studio bones level. Check out Mob Psycho for reference or the previous seasons. They had a movie to work on and some of the staff had to work on that project. I hope the staff doesnt have to work on a movie while Season 5 is in Production. (and yes, i know that the climax episodes had some nice animatio, but imo couldnt come close to s2 ep10)

Stillshots: Posted on twitter and many people ridicule the people that point it out, but tbh they have a point. Details are important. And if the positioning is very off and can be corrected very easily, it should have been.

What to add on this rant: People that say "Be grateful" or "Be happy in the first place that it gets an anime" simply stfu. I like my hero, i like anime, but if i see a decline in quality in a story i like (and the decline in quality is very obvious, hence many people pointed it out and the score is way below the previous seasons) i have the right and must complain. If I dont complain, if we dont complain, the quality will stay the same. And i want to keep the quality of this show on S2/S3 level.

95% of the issues i mentioned can be solved by firing the current director and getting the old one back, instead of letting him to work on the movie.

If you buy a pizza in a restaurant youve been going and visiting for 5 years, and they suddenly start serving you frozen pizza from the supermarket, you would and should complain. Where is the quality? Can i have the old yummy pizza back please?

What the other customers are telling you: "Be happy you can eat pizza here at all!" "If you dont like it there are other restaurants" etc. i hope you get the point.

What they should do: "We have to complain together! Get our good ol´ fresh pizza back!"

Its still Pizza, its still the same baker, its still italian, but its not the same quality.

I want My Hero to get its quality back

Hope this pointed some things out

Jan 2013
Probably the best episode of this season. Overall the season was so bad, but at least it ended with a good fight.
Apr 4, 2020 4:10 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Man that was some good ep. Just when I thought all the fights ended, this ep surprised me.

Endeavor is the MVP of S4. His fight against Nomu give me vibe and remind me of All Might vs Nomu fight.
Screw Deku vs Overhaul arc and his cheat power hand over by the loli because of his MC status.

S4's last two eps was worth it. The rest 1 to 23 was just meh.

-----
Dear manga reader,

For the love of god, don't overhype the anime prior to its release. Setting the bar high mean setting higher expectation. Zero expectation/spoiler is the best.
Fuwa_sanApr 4, 2020 4:27 AM
Apr 4, 2020 4:12 AM

May 2018
Which chapter should I start reading the manga?
Apr 4, 2020 4:12 AM

Jun 2014
TheEnhancedExe said:
thebrentinator24 said:

That's because for the same amount of people who hyped the arc up, there was the same amount of people who absolutely hated the arc in the manga. It was probably the arc where the fanbase was the most divided on. People either loved or hated it. From what I've seen, while many people have been overhyping it, there have also been many people who said beforehand that it's their most hated arc.

Ah yeah, you have a point there. I guess that would definitely cause people to be extreme with their scores. People who loved the Overhaul arc and hyped it probably mostly gave this season 9s and 10s while people who despised it probably gave scores of less than 5.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 4, 2020 4:14 AM
Dec 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

Ah yeah, you have a point there. I guess that would definitely cause people to be extreme with their scores. People who loved the Overhaul arc and hyped it probably mostly gave this season 9s and 10s while people who despised it probably gave scores of less than 5.

I was one of the guys that hyped it up, it was great in the manga, but executed very disappointing. Gave the season a 6.5
Apr 4, 2020 4:16 AM

Oct 2016
It definitely wanted to end with a BANG and thus this episode was better animated than any of the previous ones, which is a weird decision since the fight with Overhaul was more important. I'm not convinced about this redemption they try to give to Endeavor. Anyway top 2 worst seasons from the show (I'm still not sure if it was this one or the first), second remains the best.
Apr 4, 2020 4:17 AM

May 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:
shayed__ said:
It might seem forced to suddenly have this advanced nomu in the final episode but I think it worked pretty well, giving the season a chance to end on a high note.

It felt forced in the manga at first, but there was an explanation why it appeared that makes perfect sense. So it didn't just appear there randomly. I hoped they would include it in this episode but I guess they'll include that in the first episode of next season. Just wanted to point this out so you know it wasn't forced, it just feels forced without having the context needed.

good to know, thanks!
Apr 4, 2020 4:17 AM
Mar 2019
In my opinion the last episode of this season made me forget the season's "mistakes". Yes, the whole season was a bit downside, but for me, this episode fantastic.
Apr 4, 2020 4:19 AM

Apr 2016
Damn y'all are harsh . Overall I enjoy this season it still a quality season imo . 8/10
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

185 by brunoyilli »»
Jun 1, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

237 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 17, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

159 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 16, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

226 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 16, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

129 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 16, 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.