Forum Settings
Forums

'Nanatsu no Taizai' Gets New Season in Fall 2020, Manga Sequel [Update 3/25]

New
Mar 24, 2020 1:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
This year's 17th issue of Weekly Shounen Magazine announced on Wednesday that Nakaba Suzuki's adventure fantasy manga will get a new season. The new season, Nanatsu no Taizai: Funnu no Shinpan (The Seven Deadly Sins: Judgement of Fury), will debut on TV Tokyo channels and BS-Tokyo in October 2020.

The issue also revealed that the manga has a sequel in the works, titled Mokushiroku no Yonkishi (The Four Knights of the Apocalypse). The series ended its seven and a half year run in the same issue.

Suzuki launched the manga in Weekly Shounen Magazine in October 2012. Kodansha shipped the 40th volume on February 17, with the 41st and final volume planned for a May 15 release. Nanatsu no Taizai has a cumulative 37 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.

A-1 Pictures produced the first television anime in Fall 2014, which was followed by a four-episode television special subtitled Seisen no Shirushi (Signs of Holy War) in Summer 2016. The second season, subtitled Imashime no Fukkatsu (Revival of the Commandments), broadcast in Winter 2018. Kamigami no Gekirin (The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods), the third season produced by Studio Deen, premiered on October 9 last year.

The Nanatsu no Taizai: Tenkuu no Torawarebito (The Seven Deadly Sins: Prisoners of the Sky) anime film screened in Japan in August 2018. The manga also bundled three original video anime episodes with its 15th, 16th, and 34th volumes.

Netflix acquired exclusive streaming rights for the anime and released each broadcast installment after they had finished airing. Funimation licensed the anime for home video release in North America and released first anime season in two Blu-ray and DVD volumes in May and June 2017.

Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English in 2013 and released the 37th volume on March 24.

Nanatsu no Taizai won the 39th Kodansha Manga Award in the Shounen category in 2015. The manga also placed fifth in the 2014 edition of Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings in the male readers' division and was nominated for the 7th Manga Taisho Awards.

Source: animate Times, Comic Natalie

Update March 25
The 24th and final episode of the third season ended with a 30-second commercial for the new season on Wednesday.

Source: Comic Natalie

Nanatsu no Taizai: Funnu no Shinpan on MAL
VindstotOct 15, 2023 7:15 PM

Mar 24, 2020 1:29 PM

Jan 2015
Thank you but I’ll pass
Mar 24, 2020 1:33 PM
Feb 2019
Do we know which studio is producing it? Though it seems like it won't be any different considering its coming in 7 months or so
Mar 24, 2020 1:35 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I know this probably wouldn’t have helped too much in the first place, but why not spend more time on this?

Fall 2020 is just two seasons away, literally. That’s just half a year worth time! Most anime take over a year to be made, come on Production Committee. I feel like they’ve given up themselves honestly and are just hoping this’ll pool in at least a bare minimum of cash...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 24, 2020 1:48 PM

Jan 2018
Can't wait to see Deen shove this onto a small ass workforce with like two weeks before a deadline
What a beautiful Duwang
Mar 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
It's time to stop.
Mar 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not going to hold out any hope that this new season will be any better than the one that's about to finish. Of course, making something better than the dumpster fire that's been airing for the last 6 months wouldn't be difficult.

Also I guess I'll check out the new manga series.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 24, 2020 2:06 PM

Sep 2014
New season and new manga for this. I was begging for the latter to end and now it is getting a sequel. I can't even xD
Mar 24, 2020 2:08 PM
Jun 2017
And the milking continues. Can't bother spending some time to do something decent, they need the cash flowing in...
Mar 24, 2020 2:42 PM
May 2015
I hope the spinoff/sequel does well enough.
Mar 24, 2020 3:13 PM

Aug 2018
Not needed, go next.
Mar 24, 2020 5:55 PM
May 2016
does something like this really need a sequel/spin-off? Hope it's good at least. I also hope the new season of the anime looks better than the most recent, as the team has been assembled, and they should have plenty of time to make something serviceable. six months at least, 12 at most
Mar 24, 2020 5:58 PM
May 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
I know this probably wouldn’t have helped too much in the first place, but why not spend more time on this?

Fall 2020 is just two seasons away, literally. That’s just half a year worth time! Most anime take over a year to be made, come on Production Committee. I feel like they’ve given up themselves honestly and are just hoping this’ll pool in at least a bare minimum of cash...

well, to be fair, a lot of higher production series like Hero aca(though it has been flawed recently because of the desire to make movies), have been able to work with six months of production time after the series conclusion. Studio Bones is more equipped than Deen though
Mar 24, 2020 6:09 PM

Oct 2008
The manga sequel nobody needs, and nobody asked for. Move on to the next thing, please!
Mar 24, 2020 10:26 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
NG_Chloe said:
well, to be fair, a lot of higher production series like Hero aca(though it has been flawed recently because of the desire to make movies), have been able to work with six months of production time after the series conclusion. Studio Bones is more equipped than Deen though

If I remember correctly, there’s a certain part of the team working ahead though. Studio Bones is a fairly big studio (even in its various parts) after all. I doubt Studio Deen and the other Studios working on this have that luxury.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 24, 2020 11:44 PM
May 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
NG_Chloe said:

If I remember correctly, there’s a certain part of the team working ahead though. Studio Bones is a fairly big studio (even in its various parts) after all. I doubt Studio Deen and the other Studios working on this have that luxury.

That's true. I think David production has been able to do well in terms of time, but it's clear they had planned ahead to part 4, then had to go through the long production for part 5
Mar 25, 2020 1:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Almost worth an omegalul tbh
Mar 25, 2020 1:36 AM

Oct 2013
Can't wait to skip this one.
xD
Mar 25, 2020 2:09 AM

Jul 2017
The manga just finished recently, and seriously mangaka Nakaba Suzuki just can't catch a break doing more stuff outside of 7DS.

"Keep the momentum hype coming" as they say, as I'm not very hopeful for Season 4 given how much Studio Deen and the small outsourced studio Marvy Jack utterly destroyed the 2nd half starting from Episode 12. Looks like only BIG $$$ is concerned after all.
Mar 25, 2020 2:30 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
News Update
The 24th and final episode of the third season ended with a 30-second commercial for the new season on Wednesday.

Source: Comic Natalie

Mar 25, 2020 6:02 AM

Dec 2015
>Mfw sequel manga
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 25, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
The hell why won't they just stop with this series?
Mar 25, 2020 6:54 AM

Aug 2018
Klad said:
I guess, they can't live ease japan so expensive bruh
Mar 25, 2020 7:27 AM

May 2012
Klad said:

Because a lot of people (including me) are enjoying it

Mar 25, 2020 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
thepath said:
Klad said:

Because a lot of people (including me) are enjoying it

Eh, I dont know to be honest, it doesn't seem to be doing that well in Japan with only 743 units sold. https://www.someanithing.com/10658
Mar 25, 2020 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
even tho the animation was meh in S3, i still enjoyed the story so i look forward to this one, more Nanatsu makes me happy.
Mar 25, 2020 12:39 PM

Jul 2019
I hope they improve the animation, because the last one was a crime!!!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Mar 26, 2020 4:35 AM

Nov 2009
well im happy they did decide to finish it at least and im not holding my breath with excitement for this one if they don't throw a lot bigger budged to make the direction and animation at least to s2's quality we will just be seeing a bare bone minimal effort like Overlord s3 was and why they are continuing it because they have the money to burn from the 7DS mobile game grand cross (btw that has more a very pay to win PVP progression system that can rival FGO with the exception of the gatcha in sins its a lot more payer friendly but still costly if you must pull that one banner hero you definitely want and will want for the PVP ) that just came onto global and they have 6 months to finish off the story so they can add it as patches to there money making machine as this game follows its story line and gatcha characters banners as chapters line they where introduce in the anime so they need footage for that one im just hoping they up the quality of the anime while there at it because when your anime S3's animation is more terrible than your mobile game one then we have a problem ^_^
Hi !!!
Mar 26, 2020 4:55 AM

Aug 2018
uNs7oPPaBL3 said:
well im happy they did decide to finish it at least and im not holding my breath with excitement for this one if they don't throw a lot bigger budged to make the direction and animation at least to s2's quality we will just be seeing a bare bone minimal effort like Overlord s3 was and why they are continuing it because they have the money to burn from the 7DS mobile game grand cross (btw that has more a very pay to win PVP progression system that can rival FGO with the exception of the gatcha in sins its a lot more payer friendly but still costly if you must pull that one banner hero you definitely want and will want for the PVP ) that just came onto global and they have 6 months to finish off the story so they can add it as patches to there money making machine as this game follows its story line and gatcha characters banners as chapters line they where introduce in the anime so they need footage for that one im just hoping they up the quality of the anime while there at it because when your anime S3's animation is more terrible than your mobile game one then we have a problem ^_^
Absolutely right
Kinyoubi said:
I hope they improve the animation, because the last one was a crime!!!

I don't think they will improve their animation, sorry to say it.
Apr 4, 2020 10:32 PM

Jun 2011
So pretty much everyone hates the series now? I heard that the manga really fell off after a while, but I myself have really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of anime. I can't see in what way would it really fall off given the nature of the series. Definitely still going to watch this and read the manga to see what's up though, it was one of the new wave battle shounen/adventure that I really enjoyed a lot along with Magi and a few others.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 8, 2020 8:34 PM

Aug 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
So pretty much everyone hates the series now? I heard that the manga really fell off after a while, but I myself have really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of anime. I can't see in what way would it really fall off given the nature of the series. Definitely still going to watch this and read the manga to see what's up though, it was one of the new wave battle shounen/adventure that I really enjoyed a lot along with Magi and a few others.

I think some of the hate is overdone, but a good comparison is Bleach. If you disliked the final arc, they have some similarities.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.