Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 23, 2020 11:40 AM

Jan 2020
You know, the one that pisses you off, the one that leaves you shaking after defeating them, the one you gave up completely, the one you gave up and promise to come back but you forgot the controls and juz don't bother etc. What's yours?

(mine is just a bloody side quest boss from yakuza 0 called the media king -.-)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2020 11:49 AM

Sep 2018
Ludwig the accursed. The biggest dick ever. Listen if you ever get around to Bloodborne, Don't do this boss on New Game+. It's not worth your sanity

Feb 23, 2020 11:55 AM

Jun 2014
Now, that's a good question, and I'm not sure if I can remember, as I've played so many games in the past.

Many bosses in Tecmo's "Secret of the Stars" are quite difficult, and could take a long time to beat, as excessive grinding was required to get through the game.

I recall the final boss of "Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana" being somewhat difficult, because if Klein dies, your party was screwed, because he was the main healer.

Feb 23, 2020 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
The Witch & the Hundred Knight 2 had a final boss with two phases which you have to do fucking back to back with few health items you can use and they don't give you some health back...
I was like 2 days stuck trying to look up different strategies and using other weapons/magic to defeat her. It was so satisfying when i beat it and immediately sold it because it was a shit sequel, the first one was way better in terms of gameplay and story.
Feb 23, 2020 12:01 PM

Oct 2017
Tbh even though it's not combat-related, I'd say some of the bosses from Catherine. I really don't work well under pressure or being timed/chased, and jeez the Full Body doesn't help.

It's horrible when you come back to a game that you aced at combat, then forgot your tactics and keep on being unable to defeat a boss. Happened to a game I'm on NG+ and really couldn't even dodge moves.
Feb 23, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2009
Just Kalameet form Dark 1.

Feb 23, 2020 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
The dice guy from Cuphead. Never beat the game.
Another one is that one hidden boss in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Tried it twice, and decided not to waste more time.
Feb 23, 2020 1:15 PM
Dec 2013
I remember really struggling with the final boss (Gruntilda) in Banjo-Kazooie. Only beat her once. When I started a new game and got to her again, I just gave up after several tries because she's just so hard, even if I did beat her in the past. Apparently there's a Red Honeycomb powerup behind a Note Door that makes the fight easier, but I was never able to collect enough notes to obtain it.

Similarly, the final mission in GTA Vice City was extremely difficult, but I did eventually beat it once. When I started a new game and got to the final mission again, I gave up eventually because, like Banjo, it's just too damn hard. Final missions in GTA III and San Andreas are a lot easier and I've beaten those games multiple times. But I've only beaten Banjo-Kazooie and GTA Vice City once.

In Dark Souls 1, the Bell Gargoyles boss took me around 6-8 hours until I finally managed to beat it. Think it took about 40+ tries and it's the most difficult boss so far (Capra Demon and Gaping Dragon took way less time to beat). I'm still on my first playthrough, so there might be tougher bosses ahead.
wildhoodFeb 24, 2020 1:22 AM
Feb 23, 2020 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
"All you had to do is follow the goddamn train, CJ."
Feb 23, 2020 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
I'm not sure i can't pick the hardest of all time but for recently, I can say Valkyrie Queen in God of War. She has a massive healthpool and has all the skills from the previous valkyries. After a while, I had to turn down the difficulty.

Another one is Vergil from DMC 5. I tried to beat him without reviving myself but again, I gave up after some time. He was also pretty tough.
Feb 23, 2020 2:42 PM

Nov 2019
My math exam, followed by the notoriously difficult boss known as the "physics exam"
Feb 23, 2020 2:56 PM
Nov 2016
Not really a boss fight, but the last or second to last mission of MGSV when you hold the fort against waves of Soviet attacks is easily the hardest part of a game I've played in years.
Feb 23, 2020 4:49 PM

Jan 2019

Godhand with Kick my ass note + Die Hard mode vs Final Boss Azel. yup
Feb 23, 2020 5:51 PM

May 2018
Laurence the First Vicar,Saint Isshin from Sekiro and Valkurie Queen from God of War.

Qeeb said:
Ludwig the accursed. The biggest dick ever. Listen if you ever get around to Bloodborne, Don't do this boss on New Game+. It's not worth your sanity

I feel Laurence is much harder. Fighting a big boss like him in narrow area is a pain.

Ziggy_Palffy said:
Not really a boss fight, but the last or second to last mission of MGSV when you hold the fort against waves of Soviet attacks is easily the hardest part of a game I've played in years.

Yeah,that was one of my least favorite part of the games. And I thought this is a stealth game but we just went Rambo at the end.
Feb 23, 2020 6:32 PM

Nov 2019
Bed of Chaos of Dark Souls 1. Imo is the hardest boss in any souls (haven't played bb and sekiro), I think i died like 30-40 times with this fight, Just thinking about it gives me ptsd.

For that sole reason i hate doing a ng+ or a ng in ds1 since it means that at some moment i will fight against that thing.

Also the optional bosses in the endgame of persona 3 portable are hard as fuck, Going through nightmares to beat them.

wildhood said:

In Dark Souls 1, the Bell Gargoyles boss took me around 6-8 hours until I finally managed to beat it. Think it took about 40+ tries and it's the most difficult boss so far. I'm still on my first playthrough, so there might be tougher bosses ahead.

Oh boy then better start preparing yourself for when you reach dark souls 2 because it has the same boss (and it's also in the beginning of the game) just with the small difference that instead of 2 gargoyles there are 6. Also there's no help in that fight unless you play with the sotfs version or with online. The only good thing is that it's completely optional so you don't need to beat him to finish that area.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Feb 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Dec 2007
ellienta said:

Y0's bosses were easy. Kiwami's penultimate boss fight is pure bullshit, though, just infuriating.
Feb 23, 2020 9:58 PM

Jul 2009
Already posted in these topics several times, but my answer is still Alma from Ninja Gaiden. Just an extremely challenging boss overall that terrorized my childhood. Found her to be harder than any of the bosses in From Software's games.

Ziggy_Palffy said:

Used to be a huge fan of the game, so I can't believe I forgot about this mission. Easily the worst thing of an otherwise great game. Had to watch a playthrough of this mission on YouTube before I could even barely pass it lmao.
Feb 23, 2020 10:05 PM

May 2012
Off the top of my head I'd say the Batomys/Selvaria battle in Valkyria Chronicles is a complete nightmare especially if you're going in blind with no strategy.
Feb 23, 2020 10:20 PM

Apr 2015
The Dual Bogey fight from Vanquish, one always using the shot that knocks you back and the other almost always using a melee attack that can sometimes OHK you, along with both of them moving around at high speed.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 24, 2020 12:56 AM

Jan 2020
SchnickelFritz said:
ellienta said:

Y0's bosses were easy. Kiwami's penultimate boss fight is pure bullshit, though, just infuriating.

oh right right, I thought so too for kiwami. Y0 bosses were easy, idk but this one side quest boss just forced me to cheese my way through weapons if not i would rly have a nuclear meltdown
Feb 24, 2020 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
kingdom hearts 2.5 lingering will critical took me 3 hours

zodiac aqua from birth by sleep on critical took me 3 to 4 hours

and i remember Lawrence and orphan of kos from boodborne giving me a hard time

mysterious figure from birth by sleep proud mode, could only beat him as aqua
Feb 24, 2020 4:16 AM

Aug 2016
anxiety is a bullshit bossfight. he spawns unannounced, nobody explains the controls to me and im not geared at all for it

also every random encounter pokemon in mystery dungeon that has cut and randomly oneshots me or my overleveled partner and causes me to lose 20 mins of progress is basically a bs boss
Feb 24, 2020 8:33 AM

Feb 2015
Baron Brixius from Sonny 2.

Can't remember how many times I tried to beat him, but what I do remember is I had to start from the beginning of the game to opt for a Psychological build instead which easily does it against this bastard who got almost 33,000 HP.
Feb 24, 2020 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
I think i cheated against a boss in Chrono Trigger before and I still feel shit about it
Feb 24, 2020 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
Ziggy_Palffy said:

S-ranking that mission was hell, managed to do it somehow lol
Feb 25, 2020 8:04 AM

Mar 2010
The final boss of Platformer Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams called Gurglewocky is a nightmare (the whole game actually is) and the hardest boss I have encountered so far. I couldn't beat him.

Also Vercingetorix final mission in Final Fantasy XIII is hard.
Feb 25, 2020 9:47 AM

Oct 2019
mario bros 2 on the 3ds. I remember struggling for hours to complete that final level.
Feb 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
One of the optional bosses in Ys VIII (I forgot it's name). It literally took my reaction time and my reflexes to the limit.
Feb 25, 2020 11:50 AM

May 2014
Lucy from Devil Survivor 1.
It took me a while to figure the strat to beat him.

Also as a kid, I had a very hard time with hard mode ninja team in mario hoops 3 on 3 lol
Feb 25, 2020 12:55 PM

Jul 2017
has to be defiled Amelia from Bloodborne. absolute dogshite that one was, having to fight a big boss in such a cramped space with half health and getting one shotted each time? hahahha nop. That was single-handedly the hardest part of getting the BB platinum

Ziggy_Palffy said:

really? It wasn't really that difficult tbh especially since you had lots of areas you could just chill and regenerate your health and they couldn't really hit you. Unless you mean going for the S rank then yea I would agree lol
Feb 25, 2020 6:49 PM

Oct 2018
Mysterious Figure (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep)
Absolute Virtue (Final Fantasy XI)
Yellow Devil (Megaman; I still can't beat it without using the pause exploit)
Feb 25, 2020 8:46 PM

Apr 2019
Scavenger from Risk Of Rain 2

Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank 3
Feb 25, 2020 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
Dealing with trolls that tagging me from nowhere while insulting my ballsack diameter
Feb 26, 2020 1:01 AM

Jul 2014
I'm surprised I managed to beat Virgil at the end of DMC3.
Take care of yourself

Feb 26, 2020 1:08 AM

Dec 2018
Inner Agent 3. After getting 100% on the Octo expansion I found out there was a secret boss, never in my life did i think a Splatoon boss would be hard let alone the hardest in recent memory.
Feb 26, 2020 6:39 AM

Sep 2017
Those bosses with multiple forms and long ass fights

I gave up on Ratchet & Clank 1's final boss last year and still haven't tried again yet
Feb 26, 2020 10:13 AM

Oct 2015
Konradikon said:
Baron Brixius from Sonny 2.

Can't remember how many times I tried to beat him, but what I do remember is I had to start from the beginning of the game to opt for a Psychological build instead which easily does it against this bastard who got almost 33,000 HP.

Ahh the memories. He was absolutely brutal and I think I looked at a guide in the end.

OT: Cave Story hard mode is a huge mistake. The mistake gets quadrupled if you want the True Ending.
Feb 26, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2016
Ludwig on NG+5 as well. He's just a truck and can one shot you easily. I'd also have to say the evil within on akumu mode was probably the hardest thing I have ever done because everything about that mode is bullshit. You can die from someone touching you.

Honorary mention to twin princes on ds3 because they kick my ass even when I can first try midir.

Magnhild said:
My SL1 run stuck at Twin Princes. But to be fair, I don't really do PVE anymore. It's more interesting to invade meta Pontiff or Ringed City. Been learning to hardswap so that helps a lot.

you invade on PC? I haven't done invasions in a while so have no idea how active the game is

Mod Edit: Double Post Merged.
Fleeting_DreamFeb 26, 2020 2:31 PM
Feb 26, 2020 2:30 PM

Oct 2018
Voel said:

Right next to that for me is Raspatl from XIII-2, pain in the ass, especially when trying to get the Fair Fighter Trophy. Last attempt I did, it summoned 4 Wladislauses which ended up pwning me.

Other notable annoying/tough bosses for me were/are Ultimecia (FFVIII), Babel (SMT Devil Survivor), Yiazmat (Final Fantasy XII, still haven't beat the S.O.B.) and Daemonwall (Final Fantasy XV, also unbeaten).
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Feb 26, 2020 3:36 PM

Jun 2011
Also, Electrocutioner from Batman Arkham Origins is a formidable boss. Kicked my ass a lot.
Feb 26, 2020 5:27 PM

Sep 2018
Father Rodin from Bayonetta

simply the most difficult boss I've ever fought, with some exceptions that shouldn't really count (like arcade style games). Getting pure platinum score at max difficulty on this boss is near impossible without exploits.

honorable mention to Serious Sam bosses tho, last level of the first game took me hours and hundreds of save points to finish

if you wanna fight some hardcore bosses, you can play mushihimesama :) but you're gonna give up pretty fast
Feb 27, 2020 1:30 AM

Mar 2010
Fleeting_Dream said:
Voel said:

Right next to that for me is Raspatl from XIII-2, pain in the ass, especially when trying to get the Fair Fighter Trophy. Last attempt I did, it summoned 4 Wladislauses which ended up pwning me.
He is hard but I think with the right tactical approach he is not that extremely hard. What I found is that its better to focus only on Raspatil and mainly ignore the minions. Because its important to kill Raspatil within a few minutes. When he calls the Wladislaus enemies I lost the battle too and it gets harder the longer the fight goes. When I first encountered him I made this mistake, in the second attempt I killed him in under 10 mins.
Feb 27, 2020 3:45 AM

Feb 2020
I don't think this is the hardest boss I've fought but when I was younger I remember having a really hard time with Cerberus on the hardest difficulty in God of War 3.
Feb 27, 2020 8:14 AM

Oct 2019
Lawrence the First Vicar can go fuck himself. Seriously, I've probably died to that fucking boss hundreds of times at this point it's so aggravating. When I did finally beat him I was glad to have done so.
Feb 29, 2020 5:42 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Nothing really sticks out in my mind frankly. I guess maybe the fire demon and lightning guy both around the end of Sekiro were a pretty huge pain in the ass.
Feb 29, 2020 9:38 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Sans took me thirteen hours. Not all in one sitting, obviously.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 2, 2020 7:11 PM

May 2016
The one at the top of my head is Bloodborne's Defiled Amygdala in the Defiled Chalice Dungeon which took me nearly 80 tries (which I counted using insight lost since I kept on using npc summons) which is 4 times higher than the highest death count I had against every other boss including the ones in the DLC since it keeps on killing me with one hit. It sucks that I wasn't able to record the winning fight on the PS4 since it was glitched at the time, psh.

Dark Souls 3's Sister Friede especially in her last phase was one of the most stressful moments for me too~

Mar 4, 2020 11:16 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Any boss that you FINALLY kill them to have it transform into their "final form", One that springs to mind is Corvus in DQ9, that bitch got me every time, the dude transforms like 4 times and switches out with ANOTHER boss between the last two fights just to really get you with the switch-a-roo.
Mar 4, 2020 5:30 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah I don't have the patience to beat a boss over and over again so probably one of the bosses from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. It could wipe your entire party easily and it took me 40 minutes to get it down.
Mar 4, 2020 7:09 PM

Apr 2017
Flamelurker from Demon's Souls, Also Sephiroth from KH1 gave me a run for my money.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 7 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
7 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
8 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.