Forum Settings
Forums

Illegitimate (Duplicate) Account Detection System: Scores Will Be Recalculated Site-Wide

New
Pages (26) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2020 6:18 PM

Mar 2016
Mienus said:
Here's a compilation of some of the more absurd / stupid / funny comments in the thread for anyone interested but can't be asked to go through 14 pages of shit:
doing god's work on this unholy website
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 13, 2020 6:20 PM

Apr 2015
@Florete No one's triggered, but whatever.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 13, 2020 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Joatiti said:
GoodZoom said:
Learn to read! If you are going to make an argument here please read, but you won't will you. This website is not America there is no need to fulfill your right to vote or for democracy.

The salt from you guys is more than enough desolate all crops and fields more than twice over. Your votes are being added in slowly as long as the algorithm says it's correct. Stop calling people snowflake and then whining about your rights you never even had to begin with.

Stop assuming the algorithm is already working against you if you did nothing wrong. Where is it stated that you were being banned by the moderators if your account was legit. You guys would suck your beloved anime lords farts out of a hose just to get that much closer to your supreme leader who does nothing but laugh at your attempts to appease him

Do you think that he cares about this. If he doesn't your just his tools in the end, right? You're too arrogant to see that and that is the true play here. This is the theater of you clowns and I for one am enjoying the show mostly.

It's amazing to see all the febs march in and declare their demands for a website they have no intention to ever use again. The theater applauds your efforts for entertainment, but remember this you're actors not directors nor producers.

My problem is: I take my ratings seriously to help other users chose anime and now I see MAL rigging the scores. That's just it. If they were transparent on how they do it, I would be fine. But if you manipulate it às you see fit, I against that!

"Rigging" would be MAL actually setting the scores themselves. MAL is not rigging anything.

Tropisch said:

On the contrary, tons of people are triggered.
Feb 13, 2020 7:17 PM

May 2015
In the aftermath of the drama I observed, one thing comes to mind: there seems to be a misconception that the scores on all shows are fully reflective (try not to laugh, yet). Full disclosure, I don't really care for either side of the whole IR debate (despite personally having a deep dislike of Funimation as a company, but this dates back years) - and all I'll say is that the truth is that which writes the biggest cheque/has the stronger friends/or benefits the master, figuratively speaking. Be it a $100 system, or a $10M advanced algorithm, there will never be a perfect level of transparency free of human bias that some people think there is - life. So try not to hate it, nor praise it, but instead observe while fully knowing that what is before you is what someone wants you to see. (tl;dr don't argue defending or destroying the way that scores are handled, as there never was nor will be perfect accuracy).
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦

Feb 13, 2020 7:33 PM

Jan 2008
Florete said:
Joatiti said:

My problem is: I take my ratings seriously to help other users chose anime and now I see MAL rigging the scores. That's just it. If they were transparent on how they do it, I would be fine. But if you manipulate it às you see fit, I against that!

"Rigging" would be MAL actually setting the scores themselves. MAL is not rigging anything.

Tropisch said:

On the contrary, tons of people are triggered.

Yeah I'm triggered.

Feb 13, 2020 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
Thoughts on the whole IR debacle:

The real issue is not MAL, personally I think that this was coming, I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone when I say that any voting platform can and will be plagued by fake accounts either downvoting or upvoting their favourite *insert here*. I think that the decision made due to IR was something that should have been made earlier. I agree with some that MAL is not a huge website and that the attention it got was in someway good, I am sure that there are people who may now know about MAL due to the IR debacle, however a majority of people probably just used it as an excuse to troll a la 4chan. IR is and will always be a meme but just not in the way that it will be seen on MAL. More importantly I think people should stop looking at the MAL list as the go to for what is "the best anime" (in both a plural and singular sense), Fullmetal Alchemist has been no. 1 since I started using this site before I even had an account and nothing has really changed, I don't think that FMA is the best anime, but then again I also dislike the fact that Gintama takes up 3 out of the top 10 due to its multiple season names, the fact is that none of this is really that important and people should just chill out. If you like IR then put it in your favourites, I have many anime that I haven't rated highly but are still dear to my heart. If people are going to get angry about anything take it out on Funimation who are hypocrites that say that certain anime don't meet their "standards, get angry at the fact that their standards are arbitrary and stupid, get angry at the fact that they say that an anime that discusses the **consenting** sex working industry is not okay, but still have no problem with anime that tend to lack any real consent (im looking at every perverted MC who spends their time being an all over pervert). Don't get me wrong my issue isn't with anime, its with the double standards and the fact that sex is fine as long as it isn't in the open mind set. Either way MAL has done nothing wrong get angry at someone else...

Side note: The whole cancelling of IR on Funimation is a whole other story but I feel that the discussion should really be somewhere else, that said it is rather hard to talk about this without discussing the reasons.

Memento Mori.
Feb 13, 2020 7:55 PM
Apr 2019
MAL you are the best ! <3
Feb 13, 2020 8:04 PM
May 2018
Nice job, GG :)
Feb 13, 2020 8:37 PM
Apr 2013
Don't know why you even try to fix the score system when the users themselves are not even capable to use it properly. As long as those "This anime is trash and I hate it to the core, but I rate it a 6" people exist, the scotes will always be bullshit anyway.
Feb 13, 2020 8:40 PM
based Mienus
Feb 13, 2020 8:43 PM
Mar 2016
Speaking as someone whose most used website is Rate Your Music I am dazed and confused watching staff with this much of a handle on these kinds of situations handle them with such grace. Keep up the good work.
Feb 13, 2020 9:09 PM

Mar 2016
Please get the FBI it would be hilarious. You'd probably be charged for wasting their time. I bet Hero flea doesn't pay his moderators on Meownet.gov
The Pickled Cactus Himself.
Feb 13, 2020 9:11 PM
Feb 2020
So, a site that has more or less the same shows as a top 10, gets salty about a bunch of people joining and adding extra traffic, sounds legit, also no one cares about scores, just ask all those Gintama's in the top 50.
Feb 13, 2020 9:15 PM

Mar 2016
Magra123 said:
So, a site that has more or less the same shows as a top 10, gets salty about a bunch of people joining and adding extra traffic, sounds legit, also no one cares about scores, just ask all those Gintama's in the top 50.
The traffic considered is great for the website if they remain participating members. Now lets see here most people just rate the show a ten and then skedaddle away. Like you!
Feb 13, 2020 9:20 PM
Feb 2020
GoodZoom said:
Magra123 said:
The traffic considered is great for the website if they remain participating members. Now lets see here most people just rate the show a ten and then skedaddle away. Like you!
of course I'm gonna stay in a website that literally tossed my vote to the trash, I've been lurking in this site for a while, just voted on IR and was thinking of voting on all the shows I've watched over the years, now, I couldn't cate less xD
Feb 13, 2020 9:24 PM

Mar 2016
Magra123 said:
GoodZoom said:
of course I'm gonna stay in a website that literally tossed my vote to the trash, I've been lurking in this site for a while, just voted on IR and was thinking of voting on all the shows I've watched over the years, now, I couldn't cate less xD
Then go away no one cares. Your account was created for one purpose alone and you're just salty your vote doesn't get immediate recognition. Now if you be a good whatever your vote will count. Reading Comprehension skills are cool!
Feb 13, 2020 9:26 PM

Aug 2016
Magra123 said:

If the only value you seem to get out of MAL is being able to have some marginal impact on the average score of a show, rather than being a place to catalog what you watch, rate it based on how you feel for yourself and only yourself, and being able to talk with others about anime and manga, then something tells me you probably wouldn't be a productive member period.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Feb 13, 2020 9:33 PM

Mar 2016
Mienus said:
Magra123 said:

If the only value you seem to get out of MAL is being able to have some marginal impact on the average score of a show, rather than being a place to catalog what you watch, rate it based on how you feel for yourself and only yourself, and being able to talk with others about anime and manga, then something tells me you probably wouldn't be a productive member period.
I mean he had like idk how many days to add something else to their list and didn't. Kinda sad really.
Feb 13, 2020 9:37 PM

Jul 2012
Mienus said:
Here's a compilation of some of the more absurd / stupid / funny comments in the thread for anyone interested but can't be asked to go through 14 pages of shit:

Thanks, I enjoyed every second of it LMAO.
Feb 13, 2020 9:38 PM

Jun 2008
Magra123 said:

>No one cares about scores.
>Leaves because his score isn't counted.
Feb 13, 2020 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
matteas said:

I'm not in support of this idea. There are many series that have several seasons whose scores differ greatly, either rising as the story progresses or dropping. I think it's better for each distinct season to have its own score rather than kind of averaging over several seasons. That way, people can for example see that the show might have a slow start but has a great development and concludes with a marvellous finale. ARIA is a good example of such case. The score of the first season, ARIA the Animation, is 7.73, while the final season, ARIA the Origination, has a score of 8.51.

The only problem with that is it's difficult to tell whether the first season was a slow start before picking up in the sequel/s, or if its because of voter bias, as another user said. How do you differentiate? I've never seen a user review for a sequel where they say it's better due to the show picking up.

Also hello other joined in January 2008 user! Lol
ZakuF_Feb 13, 2020 9:50 PM
Feb 13, 2020 10:50 PM

Jan 2019
Mienus kicking ass is all I need in this thread
Feb 13, 2020 11:01 PM

Nov 2009
I've avoided posting on this thread since I'm way past my "arguing on the internet phase," but I can't keep reading sentences like, "You don't pay your volunteers!?!"

Someone already posted the Google screenshot of the definition, but I'm just going to repeat it for those who clearly skipped over it.

Volunteer:
Noun: a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
Verb: freely offer to do something.

Volunteers offer to do a job for free. Many (not all) US animal shelters are volunteer run; they do not make money from the work they do. The shelter I adopted my cat from was 100% volunteer run - NOBODY got paid. My grandparents spent years volunteering in a retirement home; nobody paid them. Who on earth do you think pays the people serving homeless people in a soup kitchen? Probably no one. The library I once worked at had teenage volunteers shelve books during the summer because some schools required a certain number of volunteer hours, but generally people volunteer to do a job for free because it feels good to give back.

Yes, this is an anime website and NOT a soup kitchen, retirement home, or animal shelter. That doesn't change the fact that there are people who love this site and choose to give back in order to help it grow. I've considered volunteering myself, and I only haven't because I'm concerned I wouldn't be reliable. Why would I volunteer, though? Because I love this site, and it would be nice to be able to give back in some way...preferably in a slightly less committal way, though. And no, I won't be expecting compensation.

For the record, "paying their volunteers" would mean they are no longer volunteers but employees, and I'm not going to re-discuss all of the potential legal problems that someone on page 14 already brought up.

Please don't @ me to argue over your moral high ground and tell me why I'm wrong. The point of this post is not to agree or disagree with how MAL does things; it's to define and give examples of a word that many people in this thread are misusing.

tl;dr: NOBODY pays their volunteers. It's in the definition of the word "volunteer."

Please note: The term "paid volunteer" exists, but generally only work-related expenses are paid for, NOT the work done by the volunteer.
Feb 13, 2020 11:05 PM

Feb 2011
I notice a trend: The people defending this change are just as big assholes as the ones against it, despite not being as retarded in their arguments. I guess that's what happens when things get heated.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter, simply because MAL scores don't matter, whether they're manipulated or not. Might just well not have bothered with this, especially since improvements on this site are a rarity (there's a reason why so many people leave and flock to AniList). Fixing irrelevant scores shouldn't be such a high priority.

As such, it's pretty ridiculous that people get into such a slapfight here. But maybe that's the reason why the civility here is so low. Actually decent people are aware that this isn't a battle worth fighting.

Feb 13, 2020 11:16 PM

Nov 2010
Mienus said:
123kivon4 said:
It's not vote brigading. You guys are just retarded. Also, hire a PR, seriously. As well as pay your fucking volunteers. That is some seriously bad buissness practice. You better get on it before you receive a visit from the FBI.

Can people please stop with this horseshit as if Lost Pause or Hero Hei have any clue of how the site is ran or how its revenue is used?

Like, it's not just as simple as "pay your moderators" - clearly this is coming from people who aren't experienced in running a business and don't understand the legal logistics behind actually paying people. This would essentially make them employees of the site, so you need to set up HR people, figure out how you pay people, what about paying people in different countries, how will this work with various tax agencies around the world, etc. Thinking it's as simple as just wiring money to everyone's bank accounts once a month is a foolish idea.

Secondly, do you have any idea how many moderators work on this site full time? Or how many moderators work on the site period? Database moderators, forum moderators, news team, social media, hell even discord moderators? And I would imagine each of them face different workloads given the wide variety of tasks at hand. Do you pay DB admins more than Discord mods? Would you want to pay Discord mods at all?

Thirdly, while I don't know the exact numbers, I would imagine that actually keeping MAL online on a month to month basis is a pretty expensive ordeal. Of course, the site covers this predominantly with advertisements, but we have no idea what the actual financial books look like, so to assume that there is enough money left over every to be able to actually set up a payroll system for the moderators is asinine.

Finally, talking specifically with you, why would the FBI get involved at all? What federal laws would they be acting on? What legal precedent even is there for the FBI coming in to force a website to pay its moderators purely on the presumption that it may be seeing some level of profit?

So please, stop making this idiotic point, you're only making yourself look like a mindless fool who takes what YouTubers say at face value while putting in no extra effort to actually check to see if whatever they're saying is remotely correct.

I have been on one forum that paid to moderators. But the thing was that the moderators were outsorced to another company and there was some issues with that like they weren't really around some time zones and in weekends so people knew when to troll and break the rules. They also weren't really in touch with the community, which made community quite unhappy with them lot of times. They often felt quite faceless like they had names like Moderator A, Moderator B and posted always same things as reasons to close threads or give warnings or bans. If you wanted some kind of decisions you had to go actual employees of the owner company of forum who were around too, but lot less often and irregularly. So this system was flawed as well.

I definitely think lot of these people who are complaining including the youtubers just lack of understanding how forums work, how forums staff works and even how MAL works. At bare mininum they should read Kineta's opening post before commenting on it.
Feb 13, 2020 11:20 PM

May 2015
Tropisch said:
Florete said:

Are you one of them?

*Checks*

Yep, you are.

TF's that supposed to mean? He literally corrected you and stated facts.

Lol, ikr. I love how they get proven wrong and their only response is "haha dumb fanboy xD"

Feb 13, 2020 11:48 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
MajesticOtaKing said:
Yes, this is an anime website and NOT a soup kitchen, retirement home, or animal shelter. That doesn't change the fact that there are people who love this site and choose to give back in order to help it grow. I've considered volunteering myself, and I only haven't because I'm concerned I wouldn't be reliable. Why would I volunteer, though? Because I love this site, and it would be nice to be able to give back in some way...preferably in a slightly less committal way, though.

There are definitely plenty of ways to give back to the MAL community without the long term commitment! For instance we host site wide events during most major holidays and frequently have volunteers helping out. I personally became more involved with the site after helping out with the Secret Santa event for the past four years. There's also MAL Rewrite and the AWC/MRC teams too. Even just making database edit requests, writing helpful reviews, or reporting forum posts that violate guidelines goes a long way. I'm sure there's many more opportunities to actively engage in the site that I've missed, but the point is that you don't need to have a lot of commitment in order to give back to the site :)

Feb 14, 2020 12:00 AM
Feb 2020
Strayfe said:
Mienus said:

Notice a trend? A majority dont know how too grammor.

*Notice a trend? A majority don't know how to grammar.

Btw, people has legit reason to be upset. The votes on IR and Alchemist is still not fix. Going into fights and mockery do not fix issues, it's only making MAL look bad.
Feb 14, 2020 12:05 AM
Feb 2020
Vote how we like or you'll be registered as an anime troll. At this point there's no point in voting. I'm out
Feb 14, 2020 12:13 AM
Feb 2020
well it was certainly a good meme, can't deny that, felt familiar to the PewDiePie vs T-series war
Feb 14, 2020 12:47 AM
May 2014
Well freaking done.
First pocket mal now this.
Feb 14, 2020 12:51 AM

Apr 2012
Mienus said:
Magra123 said:

You still don't get it? It's insulting from MAL's side to restrict new members like this, it's also elitist for no reason.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 14, 2020 12:57 AM

Nov 2018
bless lord nux and lost pause for forcing this site to change for the better
it’s not perfect but this is such a good improvement
Feb 14, 2020 1:04 AM

Mar 2016
ShoXen said:
Vote how we like or you'll be registered as an anime troll. At this point there's no point in voting. I'm out

Ishuzoku Reviewers' score is returned to ~7.6—nearly identical to the score from January 31. This is not "frozen" and can still rise to 8+ if voting and account behaviour proceeds as usual
Read
Feb 14, 2020 1:10 AM
Feb 2020
I think the PR is strangely passive aggressive here coming from a business but more effort to make things fair is always appreciated, I hope people got paid for working hard, maybe through all the click money you should have made recently ha.
Feb 14, 2020 1:18 AM

Jul 2012
Oh yeah, will we have daily updates on major changes on the flutuating scores for this next 6 days?

Just out of curiosity.
Feb 14, 2020 1:37 AM
Feb 2020
MajesticOtaKing said:
I've avoided posting on this thread since I'm way past my "arguing on the internet phase," but I can't keep reading sentences like, "You don't pay your volunteers!?!".

Volunteers offer to do a job for free. Many (not all) US animal shelters are volunteer run; they do not make money from the work they do.
Yes, this is an anime website and NOT a soup kitchen. That doesn't change the fact that there are people who love this site and choose to give back in order to help it grow.
For the record, "paying their volunteers" would mean they are no longer volunteers but employees, and I'm not going to re-discuss all of the potential legal problems that someone on page 14 already brought up.

tl;dr: NOBODY pays their volunteers. It's in the definition of the word "volunteer."

I think the issue is that a business is choosing to rely on a community volunteer model rather than choosing to hire staff, models which historically abuse people's passion for something to make their business run, rather than hire staff when they can clearly afford to. According to some twitter posts some volunteers certainly seem resentful of the work they were being given . I've worked for businesses and in industries which abuse newcomers passion to have them volunteer for free and if paid get many extra responsibilities and expectatiions all just to earn minimum wage, for example the gaming side of retail or working in art and entertainment. Fans always want to feel part of something and to give back, but generally if you're a passionate entry level worker businesses will expect you to fuel yourself on your passion and that alone, internet based businesses have big opportunities to shake up this model and their reluctance to is a real shame.
A professional business is not a charity and in my opinion should not seek handouts from their end users... they need to deliver a product or service by paying employees, and in all honesty it doesnt matter how much the audience wants to contribute, as a writer I know that you need to make a product FOR an audience not WITH the audience as harsh as it may sound to the lay-man.
also fyi: This is coming from someone who has no skin in this particular game as I cant computer to save my life, I just dislike people being taken advantage of.
Feb 14, 2020 1:49 AM
Feb 2020
GoodZoom said:
ShoXen said:

Ishuzoku Reviewers' score is returned to ~7.6—nearly identical to the score from January 31. This is not "frozen" and can still rise to 8+ if voting and account behaviour proceeds as usual
Read

It is frozen if your score don't count as legit score.
The meme gave advertisement to people find IR. They find - they enjoy the series and meme then express it in MAL. There are people, who came here to vote as normal person not as troll, so putting 7.6 is REALLY dishonest move.

About "account behavior proceeds as usual" is unrealistic because just on this thread people accusing legit site users to be trolls. Blaming new users of things they not doing will push them to not use MAL.
Feb 14, 2020 1:53 AM

Mar 2016
If they leave that's on them. I do question those who would leave, because the score was temporarily not what you want. It's like they're throwing a tantrum of sorts? putting that as a score for now and not forever means its not frozen in fact it rose by .01 today.
Feb 14, 2020 1:56 AM

Apr 2012
Interesting how everyone agrees with @Mienus point. I'm not even disappointed about how little you guys understand how businesses work.
But I don't understand why those that miss the point of the volunteer comment are the ones posting so much about it. What's up with this pattern?

Autocrat said:
Feb 14, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2016
Immahnoob said:
Interesting how everyone agrees with @Mienus point. I'm not even disappointed about how little you guys understand how businesses work.
But I don't understand why those that miss the point of the volunteer comment are the ones posting so much about it. What's up with this pattern?

I don't see you running one. The volunteer points were already addressed and they aren't related to the forum topic.
Feb 14, 2020 2:07 AM

Mar 2016
fanatashewarudo said:
I think the PR is strangely passive aggressive here coming from a business but more effort to make things fair is always appreciated, I hope people got paid for working hard, maybe through all the click money you should have made recently ha.

They do get paid, they had ads and its minimum $10000 dollar if I remember, they do have volunteers too but their post emphasize volunteers doing all the work? Like the sites admin that got paid will just tell the volunteers to fix everything for free? I call bullshit.
Feb 14, 2020 2:09 AM
Apr 2018
So in short you change the ranking of Ishuzoku Reviewers.
Use bots to keep Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Steins;Gate high.
Silent anyone who you think are wrong about the two anime.
Use bots to down vote others.
And ban anyone who does not agree with you aka take away freedom of speech.
Also I already know that I will get ban for this but goes to show that this place is filled with boomers who does not like something new.
Feb 14, 2020 2:10 AM

Mar 2016
Th
MajesticOtaKing said:
I've avoided posting on this thread since I'm way past my "arguing on the internet phase," but I can't keep reading sentences like, "You don't pay your volunteers!?!"

Someone already posted the Google screenshot of the definition, but I'm just going to repeat it for those who clearly skipped over it.

Volunteer:
Noun: a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
Verb: freely offer to do something.

Volunteers offer to do a job for free. Many (not all) US animal shelters are volunteer run; they do not make money from the work they do. The shelter I adopted my cat from was 100% volunteer run - NOBODY got paid. My grandparents spent years volunteering in a retirement home; nobody paid them. Who on earth do you think pays the people serving homeless people in a soup kitchen? Probably no one. The library I once worked at had teenage volunteers shelve books during the summer because some schools required a certain number of volunteer hours, but generally people volunteer to do a job for free because it feels good to give back.

Yes, this is an anime website and NOT a soup kitchen, retirement home, or animal shelter. That doesn't change the fact that there are people who love this site and choose to give back in order to help it grow. I've considered volunteering myself, and I only haven't because I'm concerned I wouldn't be reliable. Why would I volunteer, though? Because I love this site, and it would be nice to be able to give back in some way...preferably in a slightly less committal way, though. And no, I won't be expecting compensation.

Please don't @ me to argue over your moral high ground and tell me why I'm wrong. The point of this post is not to agree or disagree with how MAL does things; it's to define and give examples of a word that many people in this thread are misusing.

Please note: The term "paid volunteer" exists, but generally only work-related expenses are paid for, NOT the work done by the volunteer.

The problem is that their posts are emphasizing that their poor poor volunteers have to fix this issue, where the hell is the paid employee? (they had ads and the minimum value paid were at least tens of thousands if I remember)

Aug 2019
@Danpmss Thanks, I appreciate your pick of some of the more moronic comments on the thread. It gave me a good chuckle, and saved me a lot of time.

@Mienus Well said.

loveiffi1 said:
bless lord nux and lost pause for forcing this site to change for the better
it’s not perfect but this is such a good improvement

It had nothing to do with them, the changes were already in the process of being implemented well before they came along. All they've done, if anything, is expedite the release of the algorithm on the website.

Mar 2016
Florete said:
Magra123 said:

>No one cares about scores.
>Leaves because his score isn't counted.

Nobody takes this ratings seriously but it just sucks to know that if the admin of the site do not like certain anime getting high scores they can control it, hopefully more people will flock to other sites where voters have more freedom to do whatever the fuck they want.
Feb 14, 2020 2:15 AM

Apr 2012
GoodZoom said:
Immahnoob said:

I don't see you running one. The volunteer points were already addressed and they aren't related to the forum topic.
Indeed, I don't run a business, why would I? But knowing how it functions is something else entirely. Or maybe, you can't be a doctor until you've been riddled with every disease imaginable in your head?

Interesting, so you now decide what is related to this forum topic? There's been 2 pages of that discussion, why can't I also take part in it?

Autocrat said:
Feb 14, 2020 2:17 AM
Jan 2018
PrinceCyrill said:
and I wonder what the admins will do about the people who voted one because they are pissed about this or about their favourite animes getting surpassed.

if you read the pinned post you would understand that both 10s and 1s aren't gonna be counted
Feb 14, 2020 2:17 AM

May 2015
Immahnoob said:
You still don't get it? It's insulting from MAL's side to restrict new members like this, it's also elitist for no reason.

Lmao What restrictions would those be? Their scores just won't be weighted for IR for a bit. There were tons of better methods mentioned in the other forum post, but this ain't even a big deal on both sides.

Also, FYI since I'm several days late replying to you in the other thread... All I did was try to dissuade the OP from commenting further in that thread as quickly as possible considering the page of replies(not like it did anything).

Feb 14, 2020 2:20 AM

Apr 2012
@ImbalancedEmblem
Lmao What restrictions would those be? Their scores just won't be weighted for IR for a bit. There were tons of better methods mentioned in the other forum post, but this ain't even a big deal on both sides.
It is a big deal. They just invalidated the opinions of new members, until they're "elite enough".
If you don't find that insulting and unnecessary, well, you do you. Masochism isn't really my thing.
Also, FYI since I'm several days late replying to you in the other thread... All I did was try to dissuade the OP from commenting further in that thread as quickly as possible considering the page of replies(not like it did anything).
I don't remember, so unless you link something, I don't know what you mean.

Autocrat said:
Pages (26) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

232 by chichiriNoDa »»
Today, 12:55 AM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.