Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2019 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
To beat someone of that size and power, Ushiwakamaru and Leonidas I really had to use everything in their sleeves just to survive.

Leonidas I is pretty damn awesome on the battlefield if you ask me. The episode bought out a lot of his personality when facing off against Gorgon. Ushiwakamaru also looked pretty awesome during her fight imo.

Stark700Nov 23, 2019 6:49 AM
Nov 23, 2019 6:55 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Nice episode, Gorgon is insane. Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru are great and pretty strong. It has some sad events but overall awesome episode.

Nov 23, 2019 8:34 AM
Apr 2018
Bad CG snakes, weird animation (but still kinda cool), nonsensical dialogues.

I'm hesitating to give it more than 6/10.
Nov 23, 2019 8:35 AM

Apr 2016
So the big dick fight episode is finally here .. they truly thrown everything in it, bit short tho. But to be completely honest i was expecting a better animation, you know those transitions between crazy "trigger" animation and cgi gorgon were kinda .. bad. But i guess theyre just holding themselves for bigger and better fights that are yet to come.
SwagernatorNov 23, 2019 8:50 AM
Nov 23, 2019 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode!!!

Ushiwaka was awesome the way she was fighting and so was Leonidas
Gorgon was insane.

So Enkidu is actually Kingu and wants to replace the human race.

Nov 23, 2019 8:46 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode.

The fight sequences against Gorgon were incredible. Big fan of the way they animated all of Ushiwaka's movements, so awesome. I never can get enough of all them sword slashes.

Leonidas went out like a boss, his NP and that final spear throw was just pure eye candy. Loved it. xD

Loved Ushiwakamaru's NP as she summoned those clones and ran up Gorgon's snake heads, that was so damn cool. The heroic OST in the background as she slices and dices through each of them while making her way to Gorgon's head was just pure awesome. Cloverworks went all out with that. Props to them and putting all that FGO money to good use.

Ugh, that last scene as Enkidu guts her stomach. Poor Ushiwaka. :(
She got captured and she didn't get her headpat yet. :(

Nov 23, 2019 8:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sounds and animation were really incredible in this episode, wow.
Nov 23, 2019 8:59 AM

Dec 2015
This is beyond my expectations

It's so satisfying when both of them shouting their NP names

TFW this Gorgon theme playing a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cljLPK51Y
Nov 23, 2019 9:05 AM

Sep 2010
Definitely my favorite episode so far. What an incredible fight, really makes me excited for all thats coming.
Nov 23, 2019 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
Lelouch0202 said:

Nov 23, 2019 9:19 AM
Jul 2013
Gorgon had weird cgi in certain moments but honestly its not that bothering imo this was a rly good ep, got me emo like the game. Loved how they portrayed Ushi's and Leonidas's NPs
Nov 23, 2019 9:25 AM

Sep 2016
As soon as that ingame music started within a minute or two of the episode. I knew it was going to be amazing.
I was hyperventilating sort of with the exictement all those fights were.
Everything looked pretty amazing, I didn't even realize about the other bad CG complaints posted here.
I especially love the Gorgon's facial expressions, they are done very well.
The lazer beams were the coolest.
Nov 23, 2019 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
Yet another episode with terrific visuals, direction, and very boring servants except for Gilgamesh, Enkidu, and Mash (only cause she is cute).

It still hurts me how Apocrypha's story was so terrible but had many servants that could have been great. And there is this show, which has many boring servants in a show that could be good. Either way, the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly.
Nov 23, 2019 9:31 AM

Sep 2010
By the way, the official anime website updated, and clarifies Kingu's origin in his profile:

エルキドゥの亡骸に新たな命を入れられて生まれた存在。
An existence born from giving new life to Enkidu's body.

So you know why Gilgamesh refrained from calling him a fake/imposter, he's technically Enkidu too.
ThessNov 23, 2019 9:42 AM
Nov 23, 2019 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
damn what an episode its like movie quality already

so Leonidas is a descendant of Zeus i wonder if Zeus will show up in Fate Grand Order too that will be badass

Ushiwakamaru is freaking cool too but damn she was captured and gonna be turn into some monster it seems

Nov 23, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2009
They better update the NP animation of Leo and Ushi in the game.
Nov 23, 2019 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
Lanca ga shinda!

Lancers have it hard no matter the anime adaptation...
bruh
Nov 23, 2019 9:50 AM

Oct 2017
A truly magnificent episode, the fight was really well done. Damn Leonidas and Ushiwaka fought bravely till the end, rip Leonidas. Both of their noble phantasms were nicely animated.
Nov 23, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2009
so Leonidas is lancer class then makes sense with that amount of lances he thrown with his illusions

and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?
Nov 23, 2019 10:11 AM
Dec 2014
I already played the game but... Didnt expected this much of epicness in this episode.. RIP our Spartan king and Ushiwaka(guess she cant get her head pats anymore..)
Nov 23, 2019 10:12 AM

Apr 2016
deg said:
and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?

Cuz when she was still alive she rode a horse.

Nov 23, 2019 10:14 AM
Oct 2019
@deg Zeus might show up in Fate Grand Order very soon
Nov 23, 2019 10:22 AM

Feb 2019
GODTIER animation, I'm still hype as fuck! Animation staff need a lot of love for that. Every episode has movie levels of production quality for me. Anyone else get eargasms from the sound design in this series? Like every blast, beam and sword attack just sounds like sex to the ears. Ushiwakamaru earned endless headpats today. Absolute best girl, that fight was absolutely stunning to watch, could not have asked for anything else out of it. God, Gil, someone, please get there in time to save her, my heart can't.. We're not even halfway thru.
Nov 23, 2019 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Swagernator said:
deg said:

welp lol i thought it was like with Achilles of Fate Apocrypha that hs is so fast besides having a horse

Waifu69 said:

thats cool then hopefully Hercules will be added too
Nov 23, 2019 10:27 AM

May 2019
Epic episode as always! Though with this much focus on ushiwaka, the camera on every angle, I still don’t understand how her chest armor....works. Is it just plastered on her chest or what? It should flap if it’s not etched on her chest, gravity-wise?
Nov 23, 2019 10:33 AM

Aug 2009
deg said:
Swagernator said:

welp lol i thought it was like with Achilles of Fate Apocrypha that hs is so fast besides having a horse

Waifu69 said:

Heracles is one of the original Servants in Fate/stay Night....But you probably mean a sane version.
Nov 23, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2016
OHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

hands down this is the best episode BY FAR

i had a feeling it would be the best based on it being one of my favorite scenes (cuz of epicness, not cuz of the sadness by the end :<) in the first half of Babylonia and they did not disappoint

Like holy hell the sheer overwhelming power of Gorgon was a true sight to behold then of course the MVPs shined so hard.
Leonidas with his budget Ionioi Hetaroi was absolutely amazing to see and he really went in such a badass way.

And then of course my favorite Ushi was the absolute star of this episode. I’ve been waiting to see Ushi do this episode because she’s one of my favorite servants and omfg I nearly died from how badass she was in this ep. when she pulled off her Dan no Ura Hassou Tobi, i couldn’t help but freak out cuz goddamn that was nuts. She was absolutely glorious right from the beginning of the ep. but that end tho :(
also DW PLEASE GIVE HER AN ANIMATION UPDATE!!!

If this is how they handle a big fight that gives me so much hope for the battles to come cuz this has set the bar so very high. this is possibly what i’d consider one of the best action scenes in the Fate series even tho this isn’t even the best fight of the singularity lol. as if i wasn’t before, i’m so very excited for what’s to come
p3rf3c7ch405Nov 23, 2019 10:46 AM
Nov 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. A lot of it was pure eye candy and i'm so glad they threw so much effort at it. Its great to see Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru get the recognition they deserve. Now if only they'd update their animations in game.
Nov 23, 2019 10:52 AM
Jul 2019
Whoa, that Gorgon was such a bad ass that even with Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru's attack didn't nothing to weaken it................

Damn that Merlin, if he's immortal why chicken out of his fight with that Gorgon????
Nov 23, 2019 10:56 AM

Jan 2009
ssjokg said:
deg said:

Heracles is one of the original Servants in Fate/stay Night....But you probably mean a sane version.

oh i did not realize that Heracles and Hercules are thesame person lol i forgot my mythology classes
Nov 23, 2019 10:56 AM
Jul 2015
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Whoa, that Gorgon was such a bad ass that even with Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru's attack didn't nothing to weaken it................

Damn that Merlin, if he's immortal why chicken out of his fight with that Gorgon????

He said in this episode if he lost consciousness by turning to stone then something bad will happen
Nov 23, 2019 10:59 AM
Sep 2019
animejas said:
Yet another episode with terrific visuals, direction, and very boring servants except for Gilgamesh, Enkidu, and Mash (only cause she is cute).

It still hurts me how Apocrypha's story was so terrible but had many servants that could have been great. And there is this show, which has many boring servants in a show that could be good. Either way, the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly.
First, the characters aren't boring, they had the drive to stand up to gorgon, they had a personality that could carry them through any other grail war, Leonidas had everything a good general need grit, determination, and faith in his army just like Iskander, as for Ushi she'll be back that all Ill say and merlin whole existence is a character. Do get over your "the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly." self and acknowledge theses servants.
Nov 23, 2019 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
Holy shit that was fucking AMAZING!

As much as I love Ushi and I loved her two fight scenes... Leonidas' scene gave me chills and I ended up tearing up, it was amazing!

And then there was the last scene between Kingu and Ushi and I felt very bad for her :'(

The scene of Ritsuka with the bricks and the soldiers was really nice.

USHI ANIMATION UPDATE WHEN?
Nov 23, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
SHSLGM said:
animejas said:

First, the characters aren't boring, they had the drive to stand up to gorgon, they had a personality that could carry them through any other grail war, Leonidas had everything a good general need grit, determination, and faith in his army just like Iskander, as for Ushi she'll be back that all Ill say and merlin whole existence is a character. Do get over your "the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly." self and acknowledge theses servants.

Easier said than done. I'm still trying cause I still see potential in this show somewhat, but that doesn't mean I can just easily acknowledge them as amazing in a heartbeat. I'm just personally not invested in most of them for now, although I do like the three exceptions that I mentioned previously. Get off your high horse by telling me I have to get over myself.
Nov 23, 2019 11:44 AM

May 2016
deg said:

Riders class can be applied to servants focused on movement as their main strenght, doesn't necessarly need to have a mount of any sort. Classes go a bit deeper than "he has a lance and he has a sword" and the names can be a bit misleading.
Nov 23, 2019 11:46 AM

Apr 2016
deg said:

I mean it really depends on the story you know, like Achilles can be summoned as lancer too for example cause of his spear, or even berserker (probably becasue of what he done to Hector). Or like Gilgamesh you know, archer/caster .. not to mention all the swimsuit assassin or berserker servants. Don't put much weight on it, not in fgo.

Armageddo said:
Classes go a bit deeper than "he has a lance and he has a sword" and the names can be a bit misleading.

Yeah i cant wait for a bit deeper explanation why Ushiwakamaru can be summoned as a swimsuit assassin ...
SwagernatorNov 23, 2019 11:56 AM
Nov 23, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2016
Swagernator said:

Yeah i can wait for a bit deeper explanation why Ushiwakamaru can be summoned as a swimsuit assassin ...

Yea... Well.. You know... Money and boobs? Tbh I always considered the swimsuit versions to be non-cannon and placed there because every gacha game has those characters.
Nov 23, 2019 12:09 PM

Apr 2016
Armageddo said:

Yea... Well.. You know... Money and boobs? Tbh I always considered the swimsuit versions to be non-cannon and placed there because every gacha game has those characters.

And i completely understand you, make no mistake. But those "versions" are the same thing Jaguar man is, and she isn't treated as non character at all.
Nov 23, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
Swagernator said:
Yeah i cant wait for a bit deeper explanation why Ushiwakamaru can be summoned as a swimsuit assassin ...

Armageddo said:

They do explain it though. When Ushi took off her battle "armor" and wore a swimsuit, her mindset relaxed and she became how she was like when she trained atop the Kurama mountains.

Her teacher at the time tasked her to find a way to snatch the feathered Tengu fan from him. Due to that training, she developed Assassin-lile stealth and undetectability, until she was finally able to steal the fan from him.

In a swimsuit, Ush no longer uses brute force or grand strategies to win, but stealth and sheer agility. Therefore, her Saint Graph turned from Rider to Assassin.

Swagernator said:
And i completely understand you, make no mistake. But those "versions" are the same thing Jaguar man is, and she isn't treated as non character at all.

That's selling these characters way short. Aside from exploring sides of their characters we normally wouldn't be able to see, the amount of lore behind a lot of them really begs to differ.
Nov 23, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2016
astroprogs said:
They do explain it though.

Yeah, japanese entertainment industry is really good at that. The "plot" we call it.
Nov 23, 2019 12:15 PM

Sep 2016

The really good part just started.

Expect a lot to happen now, and, prepare the tissues.
I already have them out because MY MAN LEONIDAS dang ;_;

Also, mark the words about the ten days and also about the fact that once Uruk gets invaded, the goddesses will turn against each other.
It's important.

Hope we'll see enough good stuff before the 2 weeks recaps at the end of december.

I hate waiting every week for one episode, let alone three :S

Horn_dawg_2019 said:

Answer is technically a spoiler, but he explained a big part of it in this episode.

umagi said:
Epic episode as always! Though with this much focus on ushiwaka, the camera on every angle, I still don’t understand how her chest armor....works. Is it just plastered on her chest or what? It should flap if it’s not etched on her chest, gravity-wise?

Anime physics.
Also in a couple of shots her boob gets exposed a little more, but of course no nipple because this show is only PG-13

SHSLGM said:

He said Apocrypha was terrible, he's obviously baiting. Ignore him.

deg said:

If you mean that other Heracles (the sane one), you'll have to wait until the source material is ended, because that's a rule they made about it. No more F/SF character released before the whole thing is finished.
FullyChargedNov 23, 2019 12:22 PM
bruh
Nov 23, 2019 12:16 PM

May 2016
astroprogs said:

I never said they don't explain it just that I consider them a bit rulebreaking when it comes to canon.

Swagernator said:

Jaguar man is a bit of a weird case since in Mayan mythology he was mainly lending his powers to humans he possesed and in FGO "he" exists in similiar way to Ishtar or Eri except instead of merging two personalities we got Taigas personality with Jags power and identity. I still have a big problem with the onesie tho.
Nov 23, 2019 12:21 PM

Aug 2017
This was way better than in the game, i risk to say, it was probably the best episode of the year
Well, at least for my opinion
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Nov 23, 2019 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Armageddo said:
astroprogs said:

I never said they don't explain it just that I consider them a bit rulebreaking when it comes to canon.

They're not rulebreaking to the canon, though, that's what I'm saying.
Nov 23, 2019 12:28 PM

Sep 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Poor Ushiwaka. :(
She got captured and she didn't get her headpat yet. :(

As long as she's alive, she still has a "headpat-able" head

Gordoxr2 said:
This was way better than in the game, i risk to say, it was probably the best episode of the year
Well, at least for my opinion

Everyone was hyped for ep 8, even the production team.
Well, we know the reason now :P
bruh
Nov 23, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2019
Ushiwakamaru all the praise to you. Great episode!
Nov 23, 2019 12:35 PM

Sep 2018
WHAT AN EPISODE! Amazing animation and soundtrack, same feelings in this episode and Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19!
I keep moving forward
Nov 23, 2019 12:35 PM

May 2016
astroprogs said:

They're not rulebreaking to the canon, though, that's what I'm saying.

Okay maybe I missed my own point by being to short. I agree that in Fate they are canon as "what ifs", but as a history nerd it bugs me that they go too far away from the originals.

Still my bad not being specific. No harm done I hope.
Nov 23, 2019 1:22 PM
Apr 2019
Great eps as always, the leonidas and ushi part somehow make my cry little bit wet.

Btw, i wonder why mashu not use her noble phantasm 'lord camelot' to block Gorgon attack, i mean we all know that Mashu shield is the strongest no2 after Avalon in nasuverse
Nov 23, 2019 1:49 PM

May 2015
That Ushi cut was well over minute! Best episode on all fronts! 5/5

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.