Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2008
Me personally I want a lot of things, but the one thing I want most. That would be "for a TV series anime to have Hentai OVA made for it".

Examples:

Princess Lover
Mezzo DSA
Green Green
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO

And NOT like this:

Shinmai Maou no Testament
Nov 7, 2019 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
Me too I'd like big studios taking the task of producing a high quality erotic title or at least an anime with erotic content,like it happened with Cream Lemon. Western export version without mosaic of course
Nov 7, 2019 4:15 PM

Feb 2010
Idk, but I guess getting a Yuasa anime that is longer than 1-cour would be a good starting place.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 7, 2019 4:27 PM

Aug 2018
A good adaptation of Berserk... Also, a continuation of DenYuuDen, I loved that show.
Nov 7, 2019 4:30 PM
Feb 2017
I kind of want an actual zombie apocalypse anime like TWD, as I haven’t really watched any shows like that (No KOTIF and HOTD are not normal zombie apocalypse shows).
Nov 7, 2019 4:48 PM

Jun 2012
More than anything, I'd like it if as a Canadian I had more options. I get excited when I hear about screenings in "North America" and then find out that they're just in select theaters in the States.

I'd like it if the series I enjoyed could serve as more than just advertisements for source material, especially when I'm throwing my hard earned cash at the Japanese Amazon site when I'm desperately "supporting the industry". At least Chiyafuru got a third season.

I'd like it Studio Deen could go back to the glorious golden days of yesteryear and provide us with some incredible anime. Not going to complain too much because I love me some Konosuba.

And finally, I wish MAL could be great again. It's 2019, so stop with this 1999 format. Please. It's embarrassing.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Nov 7, 2019 4:50 PM

Nov 2017
To be able to watch Anime and read manga as much as i want without being called a weeb
Nov 7, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2018
Some of the anime I like to get another season (there are too many of them so I won't name them all) and that's it

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Nov 7, 2019 4:53 PM

Jun 2012
Aniik8pv2 said:
To be able to watch Anime and read manga as much as i want without being called a weeb
Yeah okay whatever weeb keep dreaming
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Nov 7, 2019 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
I just want a Rem IF adaptation and then I can die happy.
Nov 7, 2019 5:08 PM

Jan 2016
In terms of the industry, more complete adaptations of work or adaptations or stories that are already finished. I'm even down for taking those finished stories and modifying the story to fix parts that maybe the fans didn't like or help story beats flow better.

Specific anime dreams? Soul Eater remake, 3-Gatsu no Lion season 3, Yagate Kimi ni Naru season 2, and Netflix to start simulcasting.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 7, 2019 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
More Josei/Shoujo adaptations? Can we have like the real good ones? I mean the real good? Okay. I will just keep it as my dream.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 7, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2014
Some great wishes are already here!

I wish anime would become self sustaining to the point more originals would be made. I hate nothing more than these teaser adaptions. Either they butcher the source down to a generic seasonal so if you like the setting or characters for whatever reason you are forced to go read the source or they leave you craving for more and there just is nothing.
Actually I fear to watch some "great" anime simply because I dont want to wait forever for a conclusion. What good does a 1 or 2 cour adaption do when the story is not finished?

In my opinion most "amazing" anime are actually originals and not adaptions.

Also, it would be great if there would atleast be a way to read the source. Usually it goes like this
"Source is decently old and fan translations are rather far, anime adaption gets made and I want to read the continuation, only now some official translation gets made which stops any progress on the far superior fan translation while it also needs years to catch up. Meanwhile I lost interest again."

vegeta8639 said:
I just want a Rem IF adaptation and then I can die happy.
same
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 7, 2019 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Manga faithful reboot of Trigun is all I want.

I'm so desperate at this point I wouldn't mind if fucking Deen ends up doing it.
Nov 7, 2019 8:04 PM

May 2009
Pick one of the following:

* Full-length continuations of a number of stories that started, got one cour, and then never got continued.

* The time to actually watch all the series I want before I get too old.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 8, 2019 2:37 AM

Oct 2018
- I want my country to evolve around anime culture
- tokyo ghoul remake by Madhouse and Bones and A1 pictures
- want to cosplay kaneki ken and get a white hair like him.
- attack on titan release on 4cour with 60episodes
- lots of yaoi hentai
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 8, 2019 10:24 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I'm pretty sure I mentioned some of these hopes/wishes already somewhere at sometime, but hey I'll share some that's on my mind anyway:
  • Adaptation for Fairy Idol Kanon (preferably a bit more extended and with more development, only specific staff preference might be Junichi Sato lol)
  • Adaptation for Codename: Sailor V (should've been made already, honestly)
  • Adaptation for Kitchen Princess
  • Resurgence of light-hearted magical girl series besides PreCure.
    I don't necessarily hate dark magical girl series—some of my favorite anime are Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Uta Kata, and Princess Tutu! I just miss seeing more of the traditional happiness, that's all.
  • Flower-themed anime would be nice...
  • Adaptation(s) for Chrono Trigger and/or Chrono Cross would certainly be a pleasant surprise

MaskOfIce said:
In terms of the industry, more complete adaptations of work or adaptations or stories that are already finished. I'm even down for taking those finished stories and modifying the story to fix parts that maybe the fans didn't like or help story beats flow better.
Comander-07 said:
I wish anime would become self sustaining to the point more originals would be made. I hate nothing more than these teaser adaptions. Either they butcher the source down to a generic seasonal so if you like the setting or characters for whatever reason you are forced to go read the source or they leave you craving for more and there just is nothing.
Actually I fear to watch some "great" anime simply because I dont want to wait forever for a conclusion. What good does a 1 or 2 cour adaption do when the story is not finished?

These two wishes are kinda the opposite of each other, but I agree with both of these anyway.
Fario-PNov 8, 2019 10:36 AM
Nov 8, 2019 10:29 AM
Sep 2017
Fewer shows every season and more higher quality anime. Also more arthouse please
Nov 8, 2019 11:14 AM
Aug 2015
A sequel to Madoka Rebellion, there is a higher chance it will happen now that the Magia Record spin-off is getting an anime but the chance of a rebellion sequel is still low
Nov 8, 2019 11:16 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
epicyarnboy said:
A sequel to Madoka Rebellion, there is a higher chance it will happen now that the Magia Record spin-off is getting an anime but the chance of a rebellion sequel is still low

oh my god yes, how did i completely forget about this
they did announce a sequel to rebellion sometime ago though, pretty vaguely but still

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32153/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica__Concept_Movie

there are hints in this concept movie that this may likely be a sequel to rebellion:
https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Concept_Movie/Transcript
Fario-PNov 8, 2019 11:19 AM
Nov 8, 2019 1:44 PM

Sep 2015
The revival of the mecha genre and the hyper masculine series of the 80's like Votoms and Space Cobra.

Also studios and production staff to start realizing passion projects and experiments as OVAs like they did until the and of the 90's. They can keep the teaser adaptations as OVAs like back then and go for a more complete experience with TV anime.

Also if the industry would cut tha anime being produced in half and allocate the resources to the rest.

At least some cel animated pieces every once in a while.

So basically I want the industry to resemble more to how it was in the 80's and 90's.
Nov 9, 2019 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Fario-P said:
I'm pretty sure I mentioned some of these hopes/wishes already somewhere at sometime, but hey I'll share some that's on my mind anyway:
  • Adaptation for Fairy Idol Kanon (preferably a bit more extended and with more development, only specific staff preference might be Junichi Sato lol)
  • Adaptation for Codename: Sailor V (should've been made already, honestly)
  • Adaptation for Kitchen Princess
  • Resurgence of light-hearted magical girl series besides PreCure.
    I don't necessarily hate dark magical girl series—some of my favorite anime are Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Uta Kata, and Princess Tutu! I just miss seeing more of the traditional happiness, that's all.
  • Flower-themed anime would be nice...
  • Adaptation(s) for Chrono Trigger and/or Chrono Cross would certainly be a pleasant surprise

MaskOfIce said:
Comander-07 said:

These two wishes are kinda the opposite of each other, but I agree with both of these anyway.
My main complaint is unfinished stories. It happens all the time with up to date adaptions because there is the waiting game. But looking at Darker than Black for example doesnt mean originals cant have the same issue. Its just more unlikely.

I personally find it highly irritating when there is a story I like but I either cant get more of it or the only translation is so bad it ruins my enjoyment for the story. Thats why I just stay with anime mostly.
Also originals cant be spoiled like adaptions can. Both in the story sense and the enjoyment. Its annoying when you want to discuss a story developement and see the comment section is full of "tHe ManGa iS bEtTeR"
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 9, 2019 6:43 AM

Mar 2012
Seeing MCs reject and walk away from tsunderes the moment they start acting up and behaving violently for starters. Let the tsundere deal with the rightful consequences of his/her actions.
Nov 9, 2019 4:30 PM

Feb 2010
BlakexEkalb said:
I kind of want an actual zombie apocalypse anime like TWD, as I haven’t really watched any shows like that (No KOTIF and HOTD are not normal zombie apocalypse shows).

what does kotif stand for again?

But yeah I do agree, it would be great to get an actual, gritty zombie apocalypse anime. Maybe I Am A Hero will get an adaption someday.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 9, 2019 4:36 PM

May 2014
I want every season to have 50 good cgdct shows.
Nov 9, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2018
I can only dream about having the whole seasons air in a single day. It would be nothing short of fantastic. Just imagine it, you wake up and the whole season instead of a single episode is waiting for you.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 9, 2019 5:13 PM

Dec 2012
For the spiritual successor of late Satoshi Kon to arrive and make more iconic psychological brain-bending dimentia like Perfect Blue, Paranoia Agent, and Paprika.

For them to adapt more Naoki Urasawa works into anime.

Also wouldn't mind more space opera and mystery series.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 9, 2019 5:21 PM
Mar 2018
Got some dreams :)
1) A good adaptation of Berserk
2) Hentai OVA of Code Geass
3) An anime based on the book 'Beartown'
4) Continuation of HXH
Nov 9, 2019 5:25 PM
Jan 2019
I just want a really good mystery, and also every anime to have one season, so we don't have to wait 3,5,7 years for another one, and for each anime to have an ending following the source metireal
Nov 9, 2019 5:28 PM
Jan 2019
DaCraziGuy said:
A good adaptation of Berserk... Also, a continuation of DenYuuDen, I loved that show.
denyuuden intresting shoise, I'm still not sure if I should watch it for me it looks kind of cliche
Nov 9, 2019 5:30 PM
Feb 2017
Pullman said:
BlakexEkalb said:

what does kotif stand for again?

But yeah I do agree, it would be great to get an actual, gritty zombie apocalypse anime. Maybe I Am A Hero will get an adaption someday.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Perhaps if shows like TWD came out around 2016 the Japanese would've tried adapting something like it since anime has become pretty big in the west in the last couple of years.
Nov 9, 2019 5:45 PM
Feb 2019
A Oyasumi Punpun adaptation by Shaft.

Also a "new" Satoshi Kon to make good psychological anime in his style.
Nov 9, 2019 5:50 PM
Sep 2017
A good adaptation of Berserk, a good adaptation of One Piece, a good adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul, and a Naruto "KAI"( AKA delete the filler )
Nov 9, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2008
I want a good idol anime with fanservice that's a touch above typical idol anime and season 4 of Dog Days.

Nov 9, 2019 6:23 PM
Sep 2017
ThEOnlYMaNAlivE said:
Whgedia said:
A good adaptation of Berserk, a good adaptation of One Piece, a good adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul, and a Naruto "KAI"( AKA delete the filler )

Me too my man. I also want a good Berserk adaptation before i die and a good Tokyo ghoul adaptation will be nice too.
I don't know about one Piece. I mean it already got an ongoing adaptation, maybe in 100 years.

Recently Kingdom season 3 was announced. I don't know I'm getting a positive vibe for Berserk.
wait Kindom got announced? is the anime worth? cause I was planning on reading it after Tokyo Ghoul.
Nov 9, 2019 6:25 PM

Mar 2019
That all the self-inserters die a painful death and the media no longer has to cater to them.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 9, 2019 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
Whgedia said:
ThEOnlYMaNAlivE said:

Me too my man. I also want a good Berserk adaptation before i die and a good Tokyo ghoul adaptation will be nice too.
I don't know about one Piece. I mean it already got an ongoing adaptation, maybe in 100 years.

Recently Kingdom season 3 was announced. I don't know I'm getting a positive vibe for Berserk.
wait Kindom got announced? is the anime worth? cause I was planning on reading it after Tokyo Ghoul.

Yeah it got announced for 2020 and for the anime well the art style is not good, mostly cgi but better than Berserk 2016-17 adaptation.I mean it's tolerable.
The manga is like top 10 every year despite of not having a good adaptation. If your a shounen fan definitely check it out.
Nov 9, 2019 7:48 PM

Jan 2019
Another season of Baccano! would be a blessing.
Nov 9, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2008
Season 2 of White Album 2 would make me happy.
Nov 9, 2019 8:40 PM

Feb 2017
More anime with rarely represented topics such as mental illness/drug rehabilitation, disabilities, actual parenting, politics, homelessness etc
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Nov 9, 2019 8:46 PM
Oct 2019
I want the hero of the anime to explain why he wants to be a hero i dont get why they want to be heros most of the time the only reason why i would ever save humanity or something is to save myself i dont get why they try so hard i guess they dont need to explain they want to be a hero because most people be heros i dont really get it but fuck me i guess

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
22 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 40 minutes ago

2 by LightWorker »»
22 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

23 by Horshu »»
22 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

47 by traed »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.