Forum Settings
Forums

Card Game 'Shadowverse' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Oct 7, 2019 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
Cygames launched an official website on Monday for a TV anime adaptation of its Shadowverse card game. Staff members and a key visual (pictured) were also included in the announcement.

Staff
Director: Keiichirou Kawaguchi (Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation)
Series Composition: Rintaro Isaki, Hitomi Mieno (Noragami)
Original Character Design: Ponzu, Soji Hisakata
Character Design: Hiroki Harada (Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Zexal)
Sub-Character Design: Yasunari Nitta (Kaze no Stigma)
Follower Design Chief: Daisuke Kitagawa (Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi animation director)
Battle Concept Design: Seishirou Nagaya (Kimi no Hikari: Asagao to Kase-san. key animation)
Prop Design: Yoshinori Iwanaga (Rokka no Yuusha)
Color Design: Naoko Satou (Sukitte Ii na yo.), Nanae Shinaji
Art Director: Kuniaki Nemoto (Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online)
Art Setting: Nobuhito Sue (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken background art), Shuuhei Tada
Special Effects: Team Taniguchi
Monitor Graphics: flapper3
3DCG Director: Takahiro Kamiya (Kingdom 2nd Season 3D Animation), Keisuke Kawatani (Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki 3DCG)
Director of Photography: Shigeteru Asakawa (Aoharu x Kikanjuu)
Editing: Daisuke Hiraki (Gokukoku no Brynhildr)
Music: Yoshihiro Ike (Dororo)
Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Persona 4 the Animation)
Sound Production: Sonilude
Studio: Zexcs

Shadowverse was launched on iOS and Android systems in June 2016, followed by a PC port when it became available through Steam in October during the same year. In the game, players collect cards to battle with in single and multiplayer modes.

Official site: https://anime.shadowverse.jp/
Official Twitter: @shadowverse_anm

Source: Comic Natalie

News tip submitted by _MushiRock11_

Shadowverse on MAL
VindstotDec 5, 2019 7:54 AM
Oct 7, 2019 1:47 PM

Nov 2018
There goes new game adaptation of cygames after Granblue Fantasy.Well,I hope it'll be good.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 7, 2019 1:56 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
why does it looks like a kids anime tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 7, 2019 2:31 PM

Mar 2013
It's hard to believe that this should be Shadowverse, I can't believe it.

They should the real Shadowverse adapt, and not this childish card game like...

This is Shadowverse, this...
YouTube
Tenryuu1Oct 7, 2019 2:48 PM
Oct 7, 2019 2:46 PM

May 2016
> Character Design: Hiroki Harada (Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Zexal)

Connection to Yu-Gi-Oh? Coincidence? I think NOT!
Oct 7, 2019 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
'Bout time yo, hype.
Oct 7, 2019 2:49 PM

May 2016
Also, hype as hell y'all~

Looks good and need a break from Cardfight Vanguard cus that anime is kinda of a letdown.

I'M READY FOR SHADOVERSE AND YUGIOH 7

And who can't forget Precure 2020~
Oct 7, 2019 4:52 PM

Jul 2009
Don't think Yu Gi Oh! character designs suit this series honestly. Should have went with the same artstyle of the Rage of Bahamut anime adaptation being that it's the spiritual successor. But since it'll probably focus on the card game than the lore itself, I kinda get that decision.
Oct 7, 2019 5:05 PM

Oct 2010
Will wait and see a trailer, don't know what to think of this
Oct 7, 2019 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
There is a chance that it will be directly compete with Yu-Gi-Oh 7. Well I'm happy anyway for another good card game anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 7, 2019 5:30 PM

Nov 2008
That makes 3 notable card game anime for 2020 and this one I have no interest in this one unlike the last 2, it looks like a Yu-Gi-Oh ripoff that tried too hard.

Oct 7, 2019 6:24 PM

Apr 2012
Mobile game with shonen male lead? Wait, did these guys have another game with a similar name and fantasy setting?
Oct 7, 2019 8:46 PM

Aug 2015
I came here thinking that the collaboration song with Aqours might get used as OP or ED here....
No news eh..? Oh well.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 7, 2019 10:25 PM

Sep 2017
As someone who has played the game and got excited for a moment there, this looks absolutely awful. Nothing to do with the actual in-game characters or plot, just a typical out-of-universe card game advertisement anime. With physical card games you at least have the excuse that there is no built-in plot, just a collection of loosely themed cards, but Shadowverse literally has a story mode right there in the game featuring the characters that you play as, whose portraits are in your face for the entire time you're playing in any mode.
If you showed me that image I couldn't even tell this was a Shadowverse show, it looks more like Vanguard or such. As a matter of fact, I had to check to see that it was indeed related to the same Shadowverse I know rather than another product with the same name.
-____________-Oct 7, 2019 10:36 PM
Oct 7, 2019 11:28 PM

Jan 2010
-____________- said:
As someone who has played the game and got excited for a moment there, this looks absolutely awful. Nothing to do with the actual in-game characters or plot, just a typical out-of-universe card game advertisement anime. With physical card games you at least have the excuse that there is no built-in plot, just a collection of loosely themed cards, but Shadowverse literally has a story mode right there in the game featuring the characters that you play as, whose portraits are in your face for the entire time you're playing in any mode.
If you showed me that image I couldn't even tell this was a Shadowverse show, it looks more like Vanguard or such. As a matter of fact, I had to check to see that it was indeed related to the same Shadowverse I know rather than another product with the same name.

^
This.
As someone who plays the game it´s exactly what i thought. I looked at that and at first i honestly thought it was a collab.
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Oct 8, 2019 12:04 AM

Jan 2016
What have they done to my boi?
Oct 8, 2019 1:30 AM

Dec 2017
When I heard about this, I was hoping this anime wouldl be about the history of the universe ingame...
Well, nothing says it'll be a bad anime, BBBBBBBUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT I don't think i'll even try to watch :
I don't want to be disappointed.
TorggadonOct 8, 2019 1:59 AM
Oct 8, 2019 1:46 AM

Mar 2013
And again, this is blasphemy!!!!!!!
Oct 8, 2019 3:49 AM

Jun 2019
lol yu-gi-oh did not approve this
Oct 8, 2019 4:03 AM

Apr 2015
Wtf is that? Who is that awful yugioh boy and where is my Arisa?
Oct 8, 2019 6:25 AM

Apr 2013
I don't play the game, but why this is very different what I thought on Shadowverse game?

Supposely the character design like the game, which Mobile Legend like or any other, but this to childish to me...like another kids show to be pretend as an anime series...

That's broken my hope to have incredible visual of opening that maybe can use Shadowverse X LoveLive! collab song, Deep Resonance but with design like this, disappoint....
Oct 8, 2019 10:36 AM

May 2018
I really hope they explain how the game works and not go the wixoss route
Oct 8, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2014
Wyrm Waifu of the Skies... how disappointing.
Oct 9, 2019 3:10 AM
Jul 2013
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
> Character Design: Hiroki Harada (Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Zexal)

Connection to Yu-Gi-Oh? Coincidence? I think NOT!

No wonder it looks so bad... Zexal had the worst character designs out of all of the Yugioh franchise. Simplistic, very "Saturday morning cartoonish" design with a lack of detail and overly plastic-looking hair (Vrains suffers from the hair part as well).
Oct 9, 2019 11:20 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder if this will get licensed. Back in the day, 4Kids would have snatched it up,
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
10 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.