Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 1, 2019 4:39 PM

Dec 2018
Is Aries a clone of that girl Charce mentioned back then? After its big twist-revelation, it seems feasible.

I'm glad that i didnt drop out, i thought that my patience was still up to see what it could go, therefore, it wouldn't hurt me to finish: i was right after all. This episode gaged me because i didnt never expect that they werent from Earth despite it seems a little suspicious that they didnt mentioned the exact word(I just remember of "home") likeeeee wtf, we had seen quite of this kind of line on scifi movies or whatever, there's a fixation on it. Y'all felt that, right?

Forward to see what will happen to Polina bc girl you aint losing your mind, i thought they would all go to Earth too
Sep 2, 2019 3:03 PM

Jul 2015
This was an explosive episode, and it passed by quite quickly. We now have the clone thing confirmed for everyone, and the marriage has been announced... ALSO HAVE THEY REALLY NEVER SAID EARTH ONCE IN THIS? God damn it, I SURE GOT PLAYED HARD. I wonder if the next planet they're landing on is old Earth, that would be great.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 2, 2019 7:08 PM

Sep 2011
What the actual hell shit's getting crazy
Sep 4, 2019 9:34 AM

Feb 2010
Flevalt said:

What I personally don't understand is, if they already decide to choose this method, why not at least give the kids insufficient or sabotaged gear? Like having their helmets malfunction.

Giving them sabotaged gear likely seemed unnecessary or risky. If someone like Zack decided to check their suit before setting off they would of found something was up. If the suits malfunctioned on the ship they might even have to call the trip off. I also don't know where those suits came from and who gave them to them. They aren't all the same suits or even made from the same manufacturer.

On the other hand, what would be the point? Even if they were wearing their crust suits with their helps on they would run out of air before long. Without a ship there would be no way for them to land on a planet and get supplies. They would just die out in orbit of a dead world.

Now there was a ship, but they had no way of knowing it would be there.
Sep 4, 2019 9:37 AM

Feb 2010
rsc-pl said:
Wait. If Poli-nee is from Earth and the rest is from Astra, how it's possible that they used exactly the same space ships and the technology was exactly the same (Zack was able to fix many things and mod the device for food recognition)? Im pretty sure that they were familiar with this space ship type when they discovered it.
They were moved into parallel universe (with that orb) or something?

I've seen multiple people ask that and I'm not sure why. We've had no real evidence that the space ship Astra has ever been to planet Astra. The kids just found it after the wormhole spit them out and never saw it before.
Sep 4, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
Master_Geass said:
rsc-pl said:
Wait. If Poli-nee is from Earth and the rest is from Astra, how it's possible that they used exactly the same space ships and the technology was exactly the same (Zack was able to fix many things and mod the device for food recognition)? Im pretty sure that they were familiar with this space ship type when they discovered it.
They were moved into parallel universe (with that orb) or something?

I've seen multiple people ask that and I'm not sure why. We've had no real evidence that the space ship Astra has ever been to planet Astra. The kids just found it after the wormhole spit them out and never saw it before.

Well, of course they got into this ship after "teleportation". Maybe my initial question was a little confusing. But they were familiar with this ship type and technology, so it would be a little strange if they were really moved into parallel universe with same technology but different "Earth". Not mentioning that this spaceship theoretically was rather old considering the fact how deep into space it was left. So maybe Astra is a rebranded Earth and they weren't moved into parallel universe but they time-traveled.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 4, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2010
Flevalt said:
Master_Geass said:

On the other hand, what would be the point?

The point would be to account for every ever so seemingly miniscule and small risk that would ruin their plan and in the worst case ruin their lives forever.

You know, something every person ought to consider when planning out a scenario that your life depends on. Just saying.

Okay, but what are the odds of the kids finding a space ship in orbit of some planet they've never heard of? They might not of even though of it. Given how much trouble it is to travel, I assume it's beyond the range of explored space. Also that section of space may or may not be off limits.
Sep 4, 2019 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
Lol what idealistic and unrealistic bullshit.
Sep 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Mar 2012
Hum I'm surprise because Polina came from earth not because they aren't. They never speak about earth before themselves, I never thought that they leave on it.
Sep 10, 2019 3:46 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty awesome episode, voice actors/actresses did a great job!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 11, 2019 6:37 PM

Jun 2014
Well, the characters certainly learned a lot in this episode. It was quite a shocker, but they're not going to let their being clones stop them.

But, they're not from Earth? The planet they're from is called Astra, like the ship, and that Polina is not from that planet at all, it seems.

Sep 11, 2019 8:24 PM
Jan 2017
Astra Lost in Space delivers yet another fantastic episode! Our merry band of space adventurers face a terrible revelation that forces them to confront everything they believe in: they are all clones. I have to say, this show just keeps getting more serious and intense. Not only do the original main characters have to redefine their identities and personalities, Paulina faces the very real possibility of never seeing her home again. Astra Lost in Space is pretty good at leaving viewers wanting for more. This is one of the best shows in this season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sep 14, 2019 5:36 AM

Dec 2012
THE FUCK so many revelations. Maybe an Polina is from the alternate timeline/earth?

Sep 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Jul 2008
The clone thing wasn't as big a shock as I thought...they were setting that one up for awhile.

It's the Earth/Astra thing that now has my attention.

Is it a time issue, or a multi dimension issue?
Sep 18, 2019 11:13 PM

Mar 2010
Wow the originals are scum
Sep 20, 2019 6:25 PM
Mar 2018
That threw me for a loop!!! I was under the assumption that they came from the earth but it turns out that they hadn't. I can't wait to finally see what Polina's role in this thing is...Excellent episode.
Sep 22, 2019 7:40 PM

May 2016
Aaah I knew these two sisters were too much alike, and the parents worries were weird too.
But the hell, that climax! Damn I wasn't going to watch another episode but damn I need to know...
Oct 4, 2019 1:10 PM

Nov 2018
So they are all... clones? O...kay.
Lol that gathering sure was filled with heartless parents.
They are gonna go get those parents arrested and get citizenship in their place lmao nice.
Wow Zack and Quittorie really chose the timing to marry. Arie's "how lucky! how lucky! how lucky!" tho lol
Aries vs Zack lmao.
Wait. Even their planet's name is Astra? Thought that was redundant with how their ship name is Astra too if anything.
Oct 10, 2019 5:33 AM

Oct 2013
This was a great episode, obviously, and that sudden twist at the end really cemented that (assuming it leads somewhere interesting), but I want to talk about how much I like that the revelation was addressed by panning off into their originals talking about what happened.

It would've been really easy to blanket paint the "parents" as mysterious villains as the children discussed their origins amongst themselves, but instead the exposition gives us insight into who the originals are, why they decided to clone themselves, and why they needed to find a way to eliminate their clones. The conclusion is that the originals are still antagonists -- and cloning is illegal for a reason -- but their motives can be empathized with and their actions reasonable. Especially since the law is enforced, presumably, after the clones have already been made.

The goofy shtick with Zack and Quitterie's wedding was amusing but dragged down the weight of the revelation, and generally I find the gags contrast too sharply with the drama and are kind of cringy.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 12, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2014
Ok that revelation at first quite surprising, that broke my expectation/prediction so far.....

Glad after that shocking truth revelation, they got happily refreshing and funny/adorable moment of Zack and Quiterrie and co's....

Just after that .... that twist at the end about their planet...
damn... mother of twist... I really wanna know the truth.. XD
Nov 12, 2019 3:27 PM

Jul 2019
The clone theory does actually kind of explain the coincidence that every single character has some elaborate dramatic backstory, which was one of my main problems with this anime to be honest. The anime is just very enjoyable to watch and it feels like each episode has a purpose. It's more like I'm watching a movie with how little filler there seems to be and how well paced it is.
Dec 1, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
Great twists in this one so far, they aren't from Earth? Or it's Earth but they were lied to?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 6, 2019 6:02 PM
Apr 2016
The truth has been revealed and honestly, that was some nice plot twisting. The ending was very interesting: seems like their memories were altered, BUT because of the woman they picked up, they mystery will get cleared up.
Dec 14, 2019 12:55 AM

Sep 2016
Damn they cloned an entire planet?!
Dec 21, 2019 6:55 AM

Dec 2015
Ok I have to admit that twist was pretty good
Jan 2, 2020 4:10 AM

Jul 2015
Damn big reveal this episode, didn't expect all of them to be clones, this really explains what connects them, why most of their parents are so shitty towards them and why a 10-year old joined the team

No wonder Polina reacted like that when she heard it already has been 12 years, to think Earth is probably no more and humanity has probably moved to Astra. But still why nobody on the crew knows about Earth is pretty weird

Jan 28, 2020 6:13 PM

Mar 2017
okay so i need to EARTH before didnt pay annnnny attention at all
Feb 7, 2020 6:50 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really didn't see this coming, amazing episode from beginning to the end.
That cliffhanger had me check a bit of the next episode, and was not disappointed, the twists just keep coming...
Apr 10, 2020 8:43 PM

Jan 2019
My reaction to both the reveals in this episode: "What?"

The clone reveal makes so much sense in retrospect, but I still never saw it coming.

But I'm truly confused by the, "Astra" bit. Didn't they comment at the start of the show that, "Astra" was an unusual name, and they had to explain what it meant?

Maybe I'm just misremembering an anime I start in the summer but didn't pick back up till now?
Apr 17, 2020 3:23 AM

Feb 2018
All astra member is clone.
Apr 18, 2020 4:23 PM

Feb 2019
Jesus the bastard parents are fucking devils. The clone theory is right, you guys are geniues to figure this out in the earlier threads.

Even Earth has a clone.
Based_DepartmentApr 18, 2020 4:36 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 2, 2020 1:39 PM

Mar 2019
Me Before this episode : Damn this series is boring and generic af, how come ppl praise it like this?

Me After this episode : HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING.
May 29, 2020 3:01 AM
Dec 2017
So in the first episode they name the ship Astra after the plaque that has the words 'Per Aspera Ad Astra' on it also saying how Astra means star but dont even mention that Astra is also the name of their home planet. Just a little strange is all.

Also a bit weird that no one thought it was weird to just name the ship the same name as their home planet and not add something else to the name.
May 29, 2020 3:03 AM
Dec 2017
aplacebeyondMAL said:
My reaction to both the reveals in this episode: "What?"

The clone reveal makes so much sense in retrospect, but I still never saw it coming.

But I'm truly confused by the, "Astra" bit. Didn't they comment at the start of the show that, "Astra" was an unusual name, and they had to explain what it meant?

Maybe I'm just misremembering an anime I start in the summer but didn't pick back up till now?

You are right about the astra part. Zack explained that it meant Star and no one mentioned that it was also the name of their home planet or that it was weird to call the ship the same name as their home planet.
Jun 2, 2020 4:44 AM

Mar 2019
Wait, haven't they used the word Earth before? I could swear they have...
Well, RIP Polina lol
OωO
Jul 30, 2020 10:26 PM
Oct 2019
The best twist yet. I guess that's the thing Polina asked about before.
Oct 4, 2020 9:59 PM

Sep 2018
Hmn it seems ridiculous that they make clone for their body vessels but they killed them thru mcpa planet tour. I kinda didn't understand.

Zack and Quitterie confession and celebration lol Zack is so funny!!!

Ohh!?!! They didn't live in Earth??!! Another revelation.. again! 
Nov 2, 2020 1:46 PM

Feb 2016
This anime struck me very hard in an unexpected way simply mindblowing for a hidden gem
May 12, 2021 9:04 AM

Aug 2018
Big revelation!! But still there's one mystery I want to know: who broke the communication device in the beginning? And ... Poly-nee freaks out about "earth" and nobody knows? So who's the Alien here xD This show is getting better and better.

Damn Zack xD what kind of personality is that xD
May 29, 2021 3:22 PM

Oct 2017
Amazing episode.
Aug 2, 2021 2:46 PM

Jan 2021
WTF. T_T
It turns out that they were clones…???? My head hurts O_O
Jan 12, 2022 10:36 AM

Apr 2019
God damn. The twists in this episode. First it's revealed that they're all clones; which makes a lot of sense when looking back at how identical they seem to their "parents" and how they have the same VAs. And second, they're all from the planet Astra and not Earth which is crazy. So it's either she's from Earth, which may have died and they had change planets, or she's from an alternate reality; which is extremely likely to not be the case but it kinda reminds me of The Cloverfield Paradox. Hell, she's been in that hibernation pod for only twelve years. So there's no way humanity could've went to another planet so quickly. This rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper.

Either way, really excited for the next episode.
arcticmontysJan 12, 2022 12:31 PM
Apr 2, 2022 11:35 AM

Jan 2016
Holy moly I was not ready for these twists. What an awesome anime, and I freaking love the dub so much

Nov 8, 2022 11:01 PM

Oct 2022
This episode not only gave me chills but the ending had me there. That was absolute insanity, fantastic show.
May 28, 2023 11:54 PM

May 2023
Cloned aliens not from earth *_* bruh!
Jun 7, 2023 12:19 PM

Aug 2019
BRO WHAT 0_0 I had a feeling something was wrong with Polina or that something had happened to Earth, but I was not expecting that

A lot happened in this episode. Our main cast of characters have been revealed to be clones of their "parents", now revealed to be the originals, who were planning to use their clones in order to live longer. It all lines up of course, but then there's Aries who must be the daughter of a noble over in Vixia or whatever that place was called. And then that ending. I was not expecting that. Just from the way Polina talk about Earth in the last episode made me think that something must have happened which is why she was sent on a mission to find more planets. But I thought maybe it was just a way to get her off the planet for some reason, but nope. Our main cast of characters are revealed to be from Astra, not Earth. Has Earth already been destroyed? How much time was she in hibernation really? 0_o
Jul 16, 2023 9:22 AM

Aug 2019
I noticed that the continents on Astra were not the same as Earth’s before it was pointed out. Wonder how that’s going to be explained! Perhaps they’re from a parallel universe..
Jul 18, 2023 2:23 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok yeah that reveal was pretty good. It does make sense, doesn't feel tacked on, and adds layers and depth to the whole show. Zack's and his now-FIANCE's (idk how to spell her name still) parents (or, originals) are the masterminds behind this whole illegal plan, and the rest just paid good money to fund it and get clones, aka second chances, of their own. That lady using a 2nd clone as a back up for organs for her first clone was quite disturbing if you think about it. Aries' mom clone is still a mystery, but is Ulgar a clone as well? Or did they just send him to space to die because he was the brother to someone who was uncovering their schemes?

edit: oh yeah and Charce's background isn't fully clear yet either, with him and Seira, and her almost-definite connection to Aries.

Anyway, we get hit with another plot twist at the end though. Although, this one doesn't seem like a big one to me, and only really matters for the blonde woman. So what if they're not from earth, humanity probably transferred to another planet a long time ago. Or maybe, probably, there's more to this than it seems. Maybe blondie here has been asleep for longer than 12 years. Idk, I'll shut up and just watch the next episode. Welp, it took up to this episode, but things are ACTUALLY good now, and I'd say they have made the wait to the "good stuff", well, worth it.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 24, 2023 2:19 PM
Jun 2016
I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT, WHAT A PLOT!!! very very interesting how the things turned
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 PM

Jan 2019
I'd guessed they were all clones but "the planet is also a clone" caught me off guard, no idea where that plot is going.

There's definitely a couple of twists still to come though; Aries is one and we haven't seen Charce's parent in the present so I suspect he's the imposter who sabotaged communications. He may even be his parent who's already transplanted his memories into the clone.

Though an imposter seems unneccessary if the parents' plan was just to dump and assassinate the clones in deep space. The ship being there for them to find and an imposter being among them must mean there's another motive at play that is yet to be revealed.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.