Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 17, 2019 4:47 PM

Jun 2012
The analogue between the cherry blossom tree looming over the girls abbey and the cherry blossoms used in the flames is at least interesting.

I made a gif

Hibana had the same demonic smile as Shinra, shielding her younger sister from the flames.
Aug 17, 2019 4:48 PM

Feb 2015
Gourmetforce said:
Yautja said:
This episode really fell flat for me. It just screamed generic shounen to me shouting and screaming about heroes and ideologies that are all resolved because someone believed harder and shounen plot armor. It consistently looks great, but considering the author I don't see this going anyway any time soon.

I am not sure if i would call this a shounen because in the manga there is a lot of death
and in shounen they do not kill so easy characters

Go read the genre tags on here, on Baka, on any anime or manga site which hosts this series. It's a shounen. Shounen does not and never has as a genre been explicitly devoid of death, and death does not conceptually contradict the genre.
Aug 17, 2019 6:07 PM

May 2010
I really feel pretty let down here. She could have been a good villain, should have been a good villain, but then they copped out on her motivations, and added insult to injury by defeating her with the most generic shit possible. Someone compared this to One Piece, and I can only think of the scene where a bad guy gloated to young Luffy that "only the strong and the cowardly survive on a battlefield".
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 17, 2019 6:24 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode. Hibana is one weird character...one minute she's all bad then the next she's nice...? Tbh that doesn't make sense to me. The backstory wasn't that bad, it was nice to know how they got to where they are now. Cant wait for the next episode.
Aug 17, 2019 7:22 PM
Mar 2015
Glad that he won and pulled Hibana back from the brink. The love the nun has for her is great Like a little puppy Haijime is really corrupt
Aug 17, 2019 7:35 PM

Jan 2016
MasterHavik said:
I have survived somehow. I have to say this episode and last one was just a fucking shitshow. These were very bad episodes and when the people praising this show barely over 100 to 500 posts that tells you something ain't right. But like the last thread, let's review episode 6 in the same way I did episode 5. We can tell you why the show's MAL Score is falling into the toilet.

-Shinra is hamming up his role as the shonen main boy with his spamming of hero talk. He may not be whiny like the other main boys, but he will tell he wants to be a hero. If you have played wild Arms 2, you will hate this character more.

-Hibana shows up and she is looking sexy and pretty and fucking awesome. And I am like, "God, why does this character exist in such a bad show? She is awesome." Her backstory and reasons make a lot of sense. She lost faith and used her powers to do what she wanted to do. She embraces being a devil while Shinra rejects it. I got no problems with anything they did here besides making her look like a joke and wanting Shinra's cock after getting punch in the face. I will also have to note some of her dialogue heavily fell into the relam of twirling mustache villian. btw that as her backstory not really Iris's backstory. But we'll save Iris for later.

Hibana is the worst thing in the series imo but to each their own.

-Shinra keeps hero spamming and thinks being lightheaded is a state of mind. Uh...Shinra it's not. *Gets beat up some more.* Is he gonna learn it isn't? OH wait...I am getting a feeling. I can sense it. Ugh...what is this? Ohh....it is...

-THE RANDOM SHONEN ASSPULL HAS REVEAL ITSELF! Shinra ignores beign daze and confuse and power throughs her offense because fuck you the plot has given the power like He-man to defeat her and turn her into a babyface. She got the good guy punch in the face. Move over Naruto and Deku, Shinra is turning character babyface by punching the shit out despite being at a disadvantage! On a serious note, it makes zero sense why Shinra did that and it is an asspull. Don't defend it. You know the plot just gave him that power.

Or maybe this ability was not that OP? What made you think that there was no way around it? By

-The fight and overall aniamtion is pretty sweet even if the pacing is bizarre and the cuts are off at some points. But hey this piece of shit looks pretty. That's all you need, right?

-Oh...what about Iris? Yeah, she is there. She is just chilling and relaxing. Hmm...uh....so where that backstory? You gonna hide that you use her as a plot device by saying she isn't shy anymore when you have shown that already? You legit jsut blackball one of your own characters for the sake of plot and hero spamming as far as the eyes can see. Congrats Iris, you have upgraded to the role of cheerleader nun. She has been made so useless words can't describe.

It's... kind of the point? Sisters are useless action wise, they are here for support and to bring salvation. So they can't do anything, which is why Hibana was doubting the reason sisters exist.

-Oh the 5th division got job out by one dude? Welp we know the world is save when one of the divisions of it are made out to look liek jobbers. I know there are research team but to look like is jsut sad and just makes the 8th look like John Cena. The way they handle this made you really have to ask, "Are the really that bad?" Stop me for a second. Is catching Inferals and turning them into weapons relaly unethical? It seems more useful than bad. You can argue, "ThEiR GoAl Is To PuT To ReSt!"but that won't get them anywhere if they are just killing them and saying, "Latmo."

Hinawa and Maki are trained specifically to fight other brigades if need be.
Agreed about your reflexion.

-Following up from this...they are just gonna stop looking into the "Shady practices" of the 5th and have a dinner party just makes this whole situation look dumb and makes the 8th look like bullies and what I said about this being a legal headache cleanup is going to be solve by Hibana working her paperwork magic. She gets off scot free for blackmailing her way to the top. Yay! Friendship baby!

Won't Hibana stop doing her unethical research like Iris asked? That was my understanding.

-The closing scene is mildly funny but just seems pointless and that they are just gonna drop everything.

In closing, if this episode played out the same way it did in the manga, I have lsot a lot of respect for the author. His writing has really been on the decline since Soul Eater Not. It is really starting to show he is leaning on plot armor and asspulls to tell a story and it makes me wonder how this guy wrote Soul Eater. This episode was bad, and he just outright buried one of his own characters for no reason for the sake of a plot.

It was the weakest arc, don't worry. This arc felt kind of like a failed experiment by Ohkubo. (Sorry about inserting my answers in your post I dont know how to do this cleanly)
Aug 17, 2019 9:30 PM

Feb 2019
How did people not like this episode? Perfect adaptation of the manga, big anime tiddies and gorgeous animation. Hibana absolute best waifu, can't wait to see her making lunches for Shinra
Aug 17, 2019 10:45 PM

Oct 2008
Shinra finally defeated that psycho bitch Hibana!
4/5.

Aug 17, 2019 11:36 PM

Jul 2017
Yep, Company 5's Charlie's Angels are pretty much fodder for Shinra. The only real threat is the upper echelon of Princess Hibana.

Despite the perfect adaptation and a close to Hibana and Iris' history when they were young Sisters/nuns at the convent where their God (Sol) that they prayed to was their salvation, and how the princess saw her powers as exploit...oh, and the overly Shounen traits of Shinra.

I can't shake the feeling that the Company 5 arc was (I take your words @WiselyKamelot) really meh, a failed experiment to give plot armor to the one-off characters (plus Hibana also) since Company 1 thru 7 has to be investigated on the sidelines also.

BUT...regardless, it ended in a subtle note that Company 5 is done. Next onward, Company 1.
Aug 17, 2019 11:41 PM

Jul 2014
Kind of a friendship power episode, but the captain admitting her feelings to Shinra was awesome xD
Aug 17, 2019 11:53 PM

Aug 2015
This was the most shonen-ish episode of any anime I have seen in a while. Kinda painful to watch to be honest.

However, the production values and Maki keep me seeing this weekly.
Aug 17, 2019 11:54 PM
May 2016
Eh. Not really seeing the hype with show anymore, was pretty bored. But holy crap that one shot where Hibana legit looks like that creepy Momo picture.
Aug 18, 2019 2:03 AM

Jan 2011
WiselyKamelot said:
MasterHavik said:
I have survived somehow. I have to say this episode and last one was just a fucking shitshow. These were very bad episodes and when the people praising this show barely over 100 to 500 posts that tells you something ain't right. But like the last thread, let's review episode 6 in the same way I did episode 5. We can tell you why the show's MAL Score is falling into the toilet.

-Shinra is hamming up his role as the shonen main boy with his spamming of hero talk. He may not be whiny like the other main boys, but he will tell he wants to be a hero. If you have played wild Arms 2, you will hate this character more.

-Hibana shows up and she is looking sexy and pretty and fucking awesome. And I am like, "God, why does this character exist in such a bad show? She is awesome." Her backstory and reasons make a lot of sense. She lost faith and used her powers to do what she wanted to do. She embraces being a devil while Shinra rejects it. I got no problems with anything they did here besides making her look like a joke and wanting Shinra's cock after getting punch in the face. I will also have to note some of her dialogue heavily fell into the relam of twirling mustache villian. btw that as her backstory not really Iris's backstory. But we'll save Iris for later.

Hibana is the worst thing in the series imo but to each their own.

-Shinra keeps hero spamming and thinks being lightheaded is a state of mind. Uh...Shinra it's not. *Gets beat up some more.* Is he gonna learn it isn't? OH wait...I am getting a feeling. I can sense it. Ugh...what is this? Ohh....it is...

-THE RANDOM SHONEN ASSPULL HAS REVEAL ITSELF! Shinra ignores beign daze and confuse and power throughs her offense because fuck you the plot has given the power like He-man to defeat her and turn her into a babyface. She got the good guy punch in the face. Move over Naruto and Deku, Shinra is turning character babyface by punching the shit out despite being at a disadvantage! On a serious note, it makes zero sense why Shinra did that and it is an asspull. Don't defend it. You know the plot just gave him that power.

Or maybe this ability was not that OP? What made you think that there was no way around it? By

-The fight and overall aniamtion is pretty sweet even if the pacing is bizarre and the cuts are off at some points. But hey this piece of shit looks pretty. That's all you need, right?

-Oh...what about Iris? Yeah, she is there. She is just chilling and relaxing. Hmm...uh....so where that backstory? You gonna hide that you use her as a plot device by saying she isn't shy anymore when you have shown that already? You legit jsut blackball one of your own characters for the sake of plot and hero spamming as far as the eyes can see. Congrats Iris, you have upgraded to the role of cheerleader nun. She has been made so useless words can't describe.

It's... kind of the point? Sisters are useless action wise, they are here for support and to bring salvation. So they can't do anything, which is why Hibana was doubting the reason sisters exist.

-Oh the 5th division got job out by one dude? Welp we know the world is save when one of the divisions of it are made out to look liek jobbers. I know there are research team but to look like is jsut sad and just makes the 8th look like John Cena. The way they handle this made you really have to ask, "Are the really that bad?" Stop me for a second. Is catching Inferals and turning them into weapons relaly unethical? It seems more useful than bad. You can argue, "ThEiR GoAl Is To PuT To ReSt!"but that won't get them anywhere if they are just killing them and saying, "Latmo."

Hinawa and Maki are trained specifically to fight other brigades if need be.
Agreed about your reflexion.

-Following up from this...they are just gonna stop looking into the "Shady practices" of the 5th and have a dinner party just makes this whole situation look dumb and makes the 8th look like bullies and what I said about this being a legal headache cleanup is going to be solve by Hibana working her paperwork magic. She gets off scot free for blackmailing her way to the top. Yay! Friendship baby!

Won't Hibana stop doing her unethical research like Iris asked? That was my understanding.

-The closing scene is mildly funny but just seems pointless and that they are just gonna drop everything.

In closing, if this episode played out the same way it did in the manga, I have lsot a lot of respect for the author. His writing has really been on the decline since Soul Eater Not. It is really starting to show he is leaning on plot armor and asspulls to tell a story and it makes me wonder how this guy wrote Soul Eater. This episode was bad, and he just outright buried one of his own characters for no reason for the sake of a plot.

It was the weakest arc, don't worry. This arc felt kind of like a failed experiment by Ohkubo. (Sorry about inserting my answers in your post I dont know how to do this cleanly)
All good man I had to read through things carefully to make sure I know what was from you. I also need to write a little better in some parts. I really like her besides some parts of her character being mustache twirlish. I think she was a lot of fun and I liked her backstory.

Nah the ability was op and she had him beat Shinra won because the plot says so. Her ability as we understand it is if she looks at you she can stun you and has the ability to use other moves. What they could have done here in the anime and manga is make it so Shinra blinds her and then punches her as that could have been the weakness.

But the sisters won't play any role in actually helping figure out who is causing the Inferals issues. The show is just making useless characters for the sake of it. The mascot get an excuse as they are just good PR but what is the excuse for the nuns? You remove them and you lose nothing.

Yeah they can be trained for it and struggle. Battle Shonen need to realize that it is okay for a character to struggle before winning. If you just have them one hit kill everything there is no tension or stakes.

I still don't understand what makes Company 5 so evil when they seem to be helpful and 8th division may have just made their job harder for no reason. This was a really poor arc but I hope the show can get better. I'm very disappointed in how badly written the show is. It doesn't help that some of the worst scenes in this show far were from the manga makes me wonder if the author is thinking his ideas through.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 18, 2019 3:03 AM

Jun 2013
I'm going to choke a bitch if Shinra says "hero" one more time. When Arthur says he's a knight, it does get annoying but at the same time, I find it funny because he's an actual idiot missing a few brain cells. Shinra's like every regurgitated shounen protagonist with a tragic backstory (even though we know his little brother is alive) aiming to become a hero and he makes sure that EVERYONE knows about it at every given opportunity.

And just like every shounen protagonist, he gets an extremely attractive and sexy woman who is into him for no reason than him punching her. That scene gave me strong Black Star punching Maka vibes from Soul Eater in the manga. In reality, that shit wouldn't slide. Made me like Hibana less, not that I ever liked her to begin with. Aside from Maki and Tamaki, the rest of the female cast are pretty annoying, even the beloved Iris is unappealing to a certain degree. I loved most of the female characters in Soul Eater so this series surprised me with how unbearable most of the female cast was. Omg, wait till this progresses four to five arcs (I think) later.

I noticed that they've been animating them from a distance with no facial features. It has happened a few times now. Very minimal to no movements at all. Awkward pauses here and there. Sometimes the animation is beautiful and flawless and at times, it feels like two or three studios are working on a single episode at the same time.
臭い-
Aug 18, 2019 3:07 AM
Aug 2019
Yautja said:
Gourmetforce said:

I am not sure if i would call this a shounen because in the manga there is a lot of death
and in shounen they do not kill so easy characters

Go read the genre tags on here, on Baka, on any anime or manga site which hosts this series. It's a shounen. Shounen does not and never has as a genre been explicitly devoid of death, and death does not conceptually contradict the genre.

The enlist as a shounen could be wrong and no offense just because some site have them as shounen doesn't mean they are shounen do you know how many manga that are seinen have tagged as shounen?
Aug 18, 2019 3:25 AM
Aug 2019
Bibimbapski said:
I'm going to choke a bitch if Shinra says "hero" one more time. When Arthur says he's a knight, it does get annoying but at the same time, I find it funny because he's an actual idiot missing a few brain cells. Shinra's like every regurgitated shounen protagonist with a tragic backstory (even though we know his little brother is alive) aiming to become a hero and he makes sure that EVERYONE knows about it at every given opportunity.

And just like every shounen protagonist, he gets an extremely attractive and sexy woman who is into him for no reason than him punching her. That scene gave me strong Black Star punching Maka vibes from Soul Eater in the manga. In reality, that shit wouldn't slide. Made me like Hibana less, not that I ever liked her to begin with. Aside from Maki and Tamaki, the rest of the female cast are pretty annoying, even the beloved Iris is unappealing to a certain degree. I loved most of the female characters in Soul Eater so this series surprised me with how unbearable most of the female cast was. Omg, wait till this progresses four to five arcs (I think) later.

I noticed that they've been animating them from a distance with no facial features. It has happened a few times now. Very minimal to no movements at all. Awkward pauses here and there. Sometimes the animation is beautiful and flawless and at times, it feels like two or three studios are working on a single episode at the same time.

I agree but it's not like he says his hero lines too many times in an episode like if you go and check other characters from other anime like deku from boku no hero does the same and not only that the dude is a crying bitch for like 2 freaking seasons while saying his hero related stuff line and tanjirou from kimetsu no yaiba talks unnecessary too much, especially when it has to do with the safety of his sister, despite her possible been stronger than him and the dude has at least an overall use of nezuko safety-related lines that in some episodes are like half the episode in terms of length and imagine doing that for 20 consecutive episode and i am literally not hearing many people saying this is annoying but when shinra said that "he is a hero" like 1-2 times in each one of the 6 episodes that are barely like 5-6 seconds everyone feels super annoying lol.

Don't worry if things go like the manga shinra will greatly decrease the stuff that mentions" i am hero" in his line because in the manga he only says this very rare so it doesn't get that annoying and i think it starts from the incoming arc if my memory works well
Aug 18, 2019 8:32 AM

Jan 2016
@Gourmetforce there is no such list as "wrong enlistement" what decides if you're a shonen is the prepublication magazine. Fire force is a shonen.

MasterHavik said:
WiselyKamelot said:

All good man I had to read through things carefully to make sure I know what was from you. I also need to write a little better in some parts. I really like her besides some parts of her character being mustache twirlish. I think she was a lot of fun and I liked her backstory.

Nah the ability was op and she had him beat Shinra won because the plot says so. Her ability as we understand it is if she looks at you she can stun you and has the ability to use other moves. What they could have done here in the anime and manga is make it so Shinra blinds her and then punches her as that could have been the weakness.

But the sisters won't play any role in actually helping figure out who is causing the Inferals issues. The show is just making useless characters for the sake of it. The mascot get an excuse as they are just good PR but what is the excuse for the nuns? You remove them and you lose nothing.

Yeah they can be trained for it and struggle. Battle Shonen need to realize that it is okay for a character to struggle before winning. If you just have them one hit kill everything there is no tension or stakes.

I still don't understand what makes Company 5 so evil when they seem to be helpful and 8th division may have just made their job harder for no reason. This was a really poor arc but I hope the show can get better. I'm very disappointed in how badly written the show is. It doesn't help that some of the worst scenes in this show far were from the manga makes me wonder if the author is thinking his ideas through.

They could have. I'm not saying that it was a smart counter Shinra found (he could have found easily something better written), I'm saying it's not a plot device the point of Fairy Tail where the MC does something impossible just because. Here it was never stated that it was some flawless ability, it's just a little heat stroke. Hibana herself is not that shocked when he bypasses her little trick, she just says "nvm" and uses her other abilities.

Iris is a gate to the sol temple that is a very important worldbuilding element. In-universe she is here to help them cope out with killing infernals. For instance if you go to the church when you have a problem in real life, is it because it will inevitably resolve your problem? I mean, it could but it's more about beliefs than about factual usefulness. If one prays for their loved ones I dont think they expect that person to be resurrected.

Well, it's an entry arc. If Hinawa struggles against fodders it will only be bad powerscaling when he deals with real threats.

That's a good point. I think company 5 are mostly evil from the point of view of the church. They are experimenting on humans. (I mean, this guy was a serial killer even before turning infernal but she probably didnt shy away from experimenting on regular infernals). Also for Shinra it was because they showed they were bad firefighters who dont care much about the people they are about to save. Then again, is it really that bad when it is about finding out why people suddenly are on fire? That was mostly Shinra and Iris who were doing that because they thought company 5 was evil. Hinawa outright did it to rob their data (so nothing portrayed as good, really), Maki was not comfortable with it but obeyed. And arthur just followed, probably not even getting what they were doing.
Aug 18, 2019 10:04 AM

Jan 2011
Bibimbapski said:

This makes you value shows like My Hero Academia much more. Only one girl really wants to hit off with Deku while the others share an interest in what he likes or respect him.

I really need to worry what is going on with this author because since Soul Eater NOT. His writing has started to fall apart.
Aug 18, 2019 11:16 AM
Jan 2019
Certainly, I expected more from this episode, more action in the fight and more drama in the past of Iris and Hibana, although I think everything would have been much better with a better dialogue. This episode was not bad at all, but it did feel dry and left a lot to be desired, at least for me. In spite of everything, the animation was great as always 😁👌. And we can see how Shinra to form his harem ?, Hahaha, Hibana is a crazy in many ways.

Regarding the final scene, I see why they gave Captain Obi the same Zoro seiyuu, they are the same, LOL 😂.
Aug 18, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2018
kind of a weak episode, Hibana's personality did a 180º turn in 5 minutes...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Aug 18, 2019 1:51 PM
Aug 2019
guizo- said:

Yep it's called character progression this is my problem when there is no character progression in like 5-6 episodes which is kinda early people kinda bitch about that story-wise there is no progression and development for the characters when they show development people bitch about that the personality made 180 degrees of change.

Can we plz decide what the hell we want?
Aug 18, 2019 1:55 PM

Aug 2018
Gourmetforce said:
guizo- said:

Yep it's called character progression this is my problem when there is no character progression in like 5-6 episodes which is kinda early people kinda bitch about that story-wise there is no progression and development for the characters when they show development people bitch about that the personality made 180 degrees of change.

Can we plz decide what the hell we want?

Would you change your strongest belief in 5 minutes and call that character progression? If so you don't have a personality. Have a good day!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Aug 18, 2019 1:57 PM
Aug 2019
MasterHavik said:
Bibimbapski said:

This makes you value shows like My Hero Academia much more. Only one girl really wants to hit off with Deku while the others share an interest in what he likes or respect him.

I really need to worry what is going on with this author because since Soul Eater NOT. His writing has started to fall apart.

My hero academia has 3 freaking seasons and a total of like 53 episodes, if i am not mistaken in each of those 53 episodes deku, is a crying bitch who mentions hero related lines many times in each of those episodes and if i had 1 dollar for each time deku said stuff similar to shinra i would had gathered at least 5-10.000 dollars.

There should not even be a comparison between 6 episodes and like 5-6 times you heard a line with 53 episodes and like 6-8 times you hear a line
GourmetforceAug 18, 2019 2:19 PM
Aug 18, 2019 2:06 PM
Jul 2019
enen no shouboutai is supresed of year
Aug 18, 2019 4:43 PM

Feb 2015
Hibana and Shinra started a battle while Hibana told the story of the convent where she and Iris were and how their sisters burned alive, Shinra managed to control the syncope and attack her, defeating her. Later, they agreed to cover the whole conflict with a training (Hibana fell in love with Shinra). Obi was about to integrate to action when he was informed that everything finished.

Shinra had a boring fight with Hibana, it was barely entertaining due to Hibana’s simple abilities, and she ended in love with Shinra, wtf hahahaha. I thought that Iris past was going to be revealed in the future being more important for the plot, but, this way, Hibana’s past and lifestyle, I couldn’t care less. Obi scene was funny. Oh, and Shinra won with friendship power.
Aug 18, 2019 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
Ugh, that's it. I'm putting this anime on hold and going to read the manga to check if the story gets better. If it doesn't I'm just going to drop this series altogether.

I can stomach shounen cliches quite fine since I've watched a fair amout of shounen anime and I also read BNHA and Black Clover, but this episode just made me want to vomit. Everything in this episode sucked so much, from Shinra's cringy hero speech and "talk no jutsu" to Hibana doing a complete 180º with her personality after being punched and then falling in love with Shinra. The only "good" thing about this episode was that last bit of the post credit scene.

Edit: Ok, the story does get better later on. BUT. Now I don't feel like watching this show anymore. Unlike Dr. Stone where reading the manga made me appreciate the anime even more, reading Fire Force got hooked on the manga and made me not give a shit about the anime. Maybe I'll binge watch it once it's done releasing, but right now I'm definitely keeping it on hold.
removed-userAug 19, 2019 1:32 AM
Aug 18, 2019 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
Gourmetforce said:
MasterHavik said:

My hero academia has 3 freaking seasons and a total of like 53 episodes, if i am not mistaken in each of those 53 episodes deku, is a crying bitch who mentions hero related lines many times in each of those episodes and if i had 1 dollar for each time deku said stuff similar to shinra i would had gathered at least 5-10.000 dollars.

There should not even be a comparison between 6 episodes and like 5-6 times you heard a line with 53 episodes and like 6-8 times you hear a line
I'm just talking season 1. Also anything he brings it up is when he is talking about school or another hero. He never speaks like Shinra at all. Also Deku is a fanboy of heroes so his little way of acting is mroe justified than Shinra wanting to be a hero because, "StOp CaLliNg Me DeViL!"
Aug 18, 2019 10:36 PM

Feb 2015
Gourmetforce said:
Yautja said:

The enlist as a shounen could be wrong and no offense just because some site have them as shounen doesn't mean they are shounen do you know how many manga that are seinen have tagged as shounen?
You're a genuine moron if that's your argument. All sites have this listed as shounen you pedantic brainlet.

Shounen: a class of manga for an audience of young boys: see shōnen

This is a manga literally published in "Shounen Magazine (Weekly)" and I could not find the words to express how delusional you'd have to be to think this is not targeted to young boys, and does not follow a myriad of shounen tropes.

Go troll or harass some other thread you fanboy bot.
Aug 18, 2019 10:38 PM

Aug 2018
an okay episode.4/10
Aug 19, 2019 12:31 AM

Aug 2017
Gourmetforce said:
MasterHavik said:

You are indeed mistaken because Deku cry's nowhere near the amount of time you are stating, certainly not every single episode that's just nonsense. I swear anyone who complains about Deku crying so much is shorthand for them not actually watching or paying attention much to the show. Even then Deku is on a career path literally about superheroes & is learning to be one so him talking about heroes a good deal is fairly justified since everyone else talks about it too cause its a show about superheroes.

The problem here with Shinra's hero talk is not just the repetition of his motivation as well as the fact he is a fire-fighter but he pulled a shonen "my ideals will change you" without much or any build-up in the battle. Had it been done better with less repetition of lines, more build-up, a more dynamic battle, Hibana not pulling a total turn to the good-guys side, & more compelling dialogue from Shinra it would have been more believable a climax but it wasn't at least to a good deal of people here.
SlimcoderAug 19, 2019 12:48 AM
I used to be a watchmaker.
Aug 19, 2019 3:46 AM
Aug 2019
Yautja said:
Gourmetforce said:

You're a genuine moron if that's your argument. All sites have this listed as shounen you pedantic brainlet.

This is a manga literally published in "Shounen Magazine (Weekly)" and I could not find the words to express how delusional you'd have to be to think this is not targeted to young boys, and does not follow a myriad of shounen tropes.

Really interesting choice of words you chose

You saw that there is no way you can handle me in terms of a statement so you went to the oldest trick in the book something people 6-8 years old kids do and you try to discredit my opinion by claiming i am a bot and a fanboy.

I am not a fanboy i am casual reader and watcher who gets annoyed when he sees people like you not been 100% fair and hating something while failing to realize stuff that should.

If you have shitholes for eyes and a dead brain is not my fault man but don't just say that something is trash because you are simple too dumb to realize the true meaning behind.

GourmetforceAug 19, 2019 4:08 AM
Aug 19, 2019 4:01 AM
Aug 2019
Slimcoder said:
Gourmetforce said:

You are indeed mistaken because Deku cry's nowhere near the amount of time you are stating, certainly not every single episode that's just nonsense. I swear anyone who complains about Deku crying so much is shorthand for them not actually watching or paying attention much to the show. Even then Deku is on a career path literally about superheroes & is learning to be one so him talking about heroes a good deal is fairly justified since everyone else talks about it too cause its a show about superheroes.

The problem here with Shinra's hero talk is not just the repetition of his motivation as well as the fact he is a fire-fighter but he pulled a shonen "my ideals will change you" without much or any build-up in the battle. Had it been done better with less repetition of lines, more build-up, a more dynamic battle, Hibana not pulling a total turn to the good-guys side, & more compelling dialogue from Shinra it would have been more believable a climax but it wasn't at least to a good deal of people here.

No one said about the build-up.

They said that shinra is annoying because he says his hero line " i am gonna save you because i am a hero or that is what heroes are doing saving people"

Noone from those mentioned the build-up, that entirely different if they had said the build-up is weird or feels forced , i would have totally agreed but everyone keeps bitching about how shinra says that "i will save you because i am a hero or because that's what heroes do"

They say they feel annoying about shinra repeat this but at the same time we have them praising deku from my hero academia who does exactly the same plus he was crying a lot (i do not care the reason why he was crying i am not here to analyze why deku cried )

I am here to state the facts and facts is that a) deku cried and cried a lot and too much in 53 episodes but crying is not where i have my focus, is that deku himself also pulled so many times in like each episode similar lines like shinra"that heroes are helping others and heroes are justice symbol and crap like this" and no one bitches about deku but they are bitching about shinra who said "i want to be a hero" in like 6 episodes a bunch of times.

That's 100% hypocrisy not complaining at all when one character does it but then complain about it when another character does it and less times.

You know what the real 100% reason? they just do not like or they are forcing themselves to watch this and that's why they literally searching a hair under tons of straw to find stuff to complain about.

GourmetforceAug 19, 2019 4:06 AM
Aug 19, 2019 4:20 AM

Aug 2017
Gourmetforce said:
Slimcoder said:

They said that shinra is annoying because he says his hero line " i am gonna save you because i am a hero or that is what heroes are doing saving people"

Noone from those mentioned the build-up, that entirely different if they had said the build-up is weird or feels forced , i would have totally agreed but everyone keeps bitching about how shinra says that "i will save you because i am a hero or because that's what heroes do"

They say they feel annoying about shinra repeat this but at the same time we have them praising deku from my hero academia who does exactly the same plus he was crying a lot (i do not care the reason why he was crying i am not here to analyze why deku cried )

I am here to state the facts and facts is that a) deku cried and cried a lot and too much in 53 episodes but crying is not where i have my focus, is that deku himself also pulled so many times in like each episode similar lines like shinra"that heroes are helping others and heroes are justice symbol and crap like this" and no one bitches about deku but they are bitching about shinra who said "i want to be a hero" in like 6 episodes a bunch of times.

That's 100% hypocrisy not complaining at all when one character does it but then complain about it when another character does it and less times.

You know what the real 100% reason? they just do not like or they are forcing themselves to watch this and that's why they literally searching a hair under tons of straw to find stuff to complain about.

People have difficulty getting their point across, simple as that. They usually go for the most visible example and not mention the other underlying problems necessarily. Whether they mention it or not, the problem is generally a bunch of factors (such as the lack of build-up) that meld together headlined by the piece that is most easy to point fingers at (Shinra's catchphrase/motivation especially because its very noticeable since you can hear it). Its never the one thing.

If people have to actually go out & point at another show for doing something similar but priase them for it, then all that means is that the other show executed its thing in a manner that they found satisfying or not as annoying compared to the first show.

Also I have actually watched the MHA show up to its current episodes so please stop saying he cry's during all of it, he only does so during big emotional sequences which are far in-between. Its not fact, it's over-exaggeration & hyperbole, & to treat it as fact is just incorrect.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Aug 19, 2019 5:59 AM

Aug 2016
I feel that I have seen this in thousands of anime, hit the villain to react and then return to being good haha
Aug 19, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2009
This is easily the most shounen episode yet lol. A fight with more talks than punches lasting the entire running time, the protagonist saying 'hero' a hundred times, and the backstory of the villain revealed after her defeat.

The battle itself was kinda lame, but at least we get to see Hibari's backstory. At this point, I'm only interested in learning more about the origin of the Infernals.
Aug 19, 2019 9:45 AM

Dec 2016
There were some really awesome bits of animation in this episode, David Productions has really outdone themselves with the visuals in this show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 19, 2019 11:52 AM
Jan 2018
Slimcoder said:
Gourmetforce said:

People have difficulty getting their point across, simple as that. They usually go for the most visible example and not mention the other underlying problems necessarily. Whether they mention it or not, the problem is generally a bunch of factors (such as the lack of build-up) that meld together headlined by the piece that is most easy to point fingers at (Shinra's catchphrase/motivation especially because its very noticeable since you can hear it). Its never the one thing.

If people have to actually go out & point at another show for doing something similar but priase them for it, then all that means is that the other show executed its thing in a manner that they found satisfying or not as annoying compared to the first show.

Also I have actually watched the MHA show up to its current episodes so please stop saying he cry's during all of it, he only does so during big emotional sequences which are far in-between. Its not fact, it's over-exaggeration & hyperbole, & to treat it as fact is just incorrect.

not really going to join the whole discussion but from what i can recall the only times i see deku cry is when he hurts himself or emotional moments with characters he has a connection with and maybe when hes happy . i don't recall him crying at random things
Aug 19, 2019 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Dissapointing. What exactly made shinra win this battle? Just pure willpower? Meh. The way she just gave up as well, anticlimatic stuff. Was hoping for better things from this anime, hopefully the next episodes will give me a better impression.
Aug 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Feb 2017
I wish Shinra would tone down his ''hero'' speeches. Just a little bit.
Aug 19, 2019 2:58 PM

Feb 2015
Gourmetforce said:
Yautja said:

Really interesting choice of words you chose

You saw that there is no way you can handle me in terms of a statement so you went to the oldest trick in the book something people 6-8 years old kids do and you try to discredit my opinion by claiming i am a bot and a fanboy.

I am not a fanboy i am casual reader and watcher who gets annoyed when he sees people like you not been 100% fair and hating something while failing to realize stuff that should.

If you have shitholes for eyes and a dead brain is not my fault man but don't just say that something is trash because you are simple too dumb to realize the true meaning behind.

No, I already disproved your dumbass claim by pointing out the definition of the word, where the manga is published and how the series is classified on every site that hosts it. The insults were for dramatic effect and to point out how fucking brain dead you are for thinking this isn't a shounen; only a bot or a fan boy would be stupid enough to use that as a defence against the criticism I and many others leveled.
Aug 19, 2019 10:05 PM

Oct 2016
-It's probably repetitive at this point, but I feel the need to compliment the visuals each episode. They are just so good.
-I'm sure I'm not the only one, but did anyone else hear "heat syncope" and automatically think of Jontron?
-Speaking of which I don't think "it's all in my head" is how this works. Heat syncope slows blood flow to the brain. That's not something you can block because of sheer willpower.
-Hibana made a few good points in her edgy rant, but her morals make no sense whatsoever.
-The end of that fight was pretty awesome, but Shinra's whole "I'll save you thing" was really dumb.
-It was nice to get an insight in to Hibana's past. Also did anyone else notice that Hibana's attacks were named after the children at the orphanage? It shows that she really did love them.
-"A devil should act like a devil" and "If you want a hero, there's one right here! Just cry out to the skies and call my name! I'll be there for you!" were probably the stupidest things said throughout the whole episode. Shinra is what whiteknights think they look like.
Overall this episode had a lot of highs and a lot of lows. I rolled my eyes at least 3 times. The dialogue in this show is really stupid sometimes. There were good moments, but a lot of bad ones too. Overall, that makes this just another average episode.

x0e said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. This episode just made me love the series more than i already did. I actually can't see why other people hate on it so much.

>I actually can't see why other people hate on it so much.
I'll give you my take.
The dialogue is very "middle-schooly" and the characters aren't very likable. Those are my biggest problems with it. Stunning visuals aren't enough to make up for the problems that are there.
Of course, likability is subjective. There's anime that I love that a lot of people have problems with.

phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if it's really necessary for 8th division to invade 5th division.
Also it's ridiculous to think that no person in an occupation that put out fire has water ability.
And Shinra said Hero more than My Hero Academia and One Punch Man combined.

>Also it's ridiculous to think that no person in an occupation that put out fire has water ability.
Why would they? They're pyrokinetic.

Farabeuf said:
She got off easy. One punch, even one as satisfying as our boy landed, was not enough punishment considering the shit she's done.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was a masochist, to be honest. She might like punishment.

MonkeyDHunter said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Her falling for Shinra is mostly treated as a joke. I'm 90 chapters into the manga and it's never been taken that seriously. In fact, the series doesn't really have any romantic elements to speak of.

Truth to be told, I never expect romance in a battle shonen. I just found the moment itself cringeworthy because of how cheesy it was lol

>I never expect romance in a battle shonen
Really? I feel like it's almost always there.
But I totally agree with you. That crap he was saying was pretty hard to watch. Say that to 8 out of 10 women and they'll laugh their asses off at you, the others will feel bad. Nobody ages 15+ talks like that lol.

Aug 19, 2019 11:21 PM

May 2016
Is this turning into a harem or something, she even conffesed that was sooooo faaaaast.....

well enjoyed the Sakura blizzard and animation 5/5
Aug 20, 2019 2:06 AM

Dec 2013
Based Shinra with the gender equality punch!

Those flowers really were pretty.

Hibana liking Shinra was so random but her blushes were cute so I don’t mind too much.
Aug 20, 2019 2:48 PM

Dec 2011
I swear to god if I hear "hero" one more time I'm dropping the shit out of this show.

Honestly, the worst episode so far. The artstyle was noticeably wonky at times, the fight was boring me to death since there was even more talking than actual exchange of blows which by the way wasn't that impressive in itself, the fact that Hibana did a full 180 and is now a kind and caring person (who fell for Shinra because of his hero talk to boot, REALLY) doesn't buy me off at all, and holy hell they've really forgiven her for all the despicable shit she did? Woah.

Hibana is one of those over-the-top and one-dimensional villains who, as if by magic, redeem themselves at the end 'cause the protag is like "we forgive everyone and everything, let's be friends." And before anyone reminds me it's a shounen, well, I am too damn aware of it. It's just one hell of a terrible show, which is a shame considering that I had high hopes for it due to a neat premise and fantastic animation, but in reality it gets worse with every minute.
GRAVEL.

Having said all that, I still really do hope it will get better next episode. I truly do.
One more shot.
Aug 20, 2019 7:28 PM

Nov 2012
Kind of a let down of an episode for me, not a fan of this new chick from the 5th.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 20, 2019 7:38 PM

Apr 2018
what's wrong with the episode? The pollI results almost rival arifureta's episodes.
Aug 21, 2019 12:59 AM

Jan 2019
There are so many things in this that just annoy me. Wasting character potential through cheesy lines? Seriously? Not to mention that the very beginning almost made me not want to watch the episode entirely.
Just... ugh.
ElucidAug 21, 2019 1:12 AM
Aug 21, 2019 5:19 AM

May 2019
The philosophical and psychological analysis of this episode was great. I'm liking the transition into a bildungsroman more and more each episode.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 21, 2019 6:29 AM
Nov 2016
-Stray said:
MonkeyDJasper said:
she’s not physically strong . It’s just her ability that’s strong , the 5th is a research group and she only became captain because she had info and basically blackmailed her way to that position .

Yeah but, I expected at least one heavy hitter on their squad if they were full of non combat types, their whole squad got took out by literally 2 2nd gens and 2 rookie 3rd gens. But this is just me being too nitpicky.

Don't worry a heavy hitter is coming soon
Aug 21, 2019 1:34 PM
Sep 2014
I consider to drop this.
In this episode there was not a SINGLE coherent sentence, all the characters got reduced to stupid stereotypes and the childish "hero" "saved" the meant to be psychotic and sadistic woman to the extent that she just want to make a dinner party with them! and made a fire flowers show to their pleasure!!
WTF happened?!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

386 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 1:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.