Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever been to Bulgaria? or what do you know about the country

New
Aug 15, 2019 3:21 PM
Mar 2019
I was curious if anyone have ever visited Bulgaria? What do you think of the country?
Aug 15, 2019 3:23 PM

Jun 2014
I don't really know much about Bulgaria.

I only know that the Bulgarian language doesn't have as many grammatical cases as other Slavic languages, but there's a lot of verbs in the language.

Aug 15, 2019 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
ive never been and only ever talked to one bulgarian person who always called it the "best country"

it seems pretty nice based on what i heard from him and im sure its a better country than mine
Aug 15, 2019 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
The bold guy says "No I don't like Kirkorov (Bolgarian/Russian pop singer) because he uses makeup and acts "too sugary" and looks like a woman, and called him a "Romanian" (to mock him, and also as a sarcasm), but the dumb chick was trying to correct the bold guy saying that, the singer is a Bolgarian and not a Romanian and then the bold guy says "Really?! Does it matter?!" (meaning, that there is no difference).

The above movie fragment, from the 20 year old Russian movie "Брат 2" (Bother 2)
removed-userAug 17, 2019 8:58 AM
Aug 15, 2019 7:52 PM

Jun 2014
BallistikJuice said:

Lol, you realize that most of us aren't able to understand any of that, right?

Aug 15, 2019 8:12 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I was born and raised in Bulgaria. I think I've spent around 20 years living there. However if I have to be honest, even I don't know that much about Bulgaria, there are so many places that I haven't visited, so many cultural things I don't know much about, etc.

Like any other country there are good and bad things but in this case I'll avoid going in detail. A lot of Eastern European countries including Bulgaria have some similar problems and it seems that these problems are not going away any time soon.
Aug 16, 2019 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
Bulgaria is my neighbor country, never been there, they have hot beaches and for some reason they hate romanians and they nod their head sideways when saying yes and when they say no, they nod it like the rest of the world who wanna say yes. There's something wrong with them.
Aug 16, 2019 12:37 AM

Aug 2015
The only thing i hear about bulgaria is news about empty towns and declining population.
Aug 16, 2019 1:56 AM

Mar 2015

Never been there myself so cannot confirm accuracy of this video
Aug 16, 2019 6:30 AM
Aug 2019
I'm from Bulgaria, and I love it here. ^^
Aug 16, 2019 6:31 AM
Aug 2016
The only thing I know about Bulgaria is that it's a country with a slavic language, it's neighbor with my country, it have access to the Black Sea, and it's Nina Dobrev's native country.

I love Nina Dobrev btw.
Aug 16, 2019 6:58 AM

Nov 2017
I know where it's located, its capital, and that the homie Rusev is from there. I'd like to visit it someday
Aug 16, 2019 12:04 PM
Mar 2019
CowboyMode said:
ive never been and only ever talked to one bulgarian person who always called it the "best country"

it seems pretty nice based on what i heard from him and im sure its a better country than mine

Where are you from? Hhaha sorry if it's personal information ;)
Aug 16, 2019 12:05 PM
Mar 2019
-Sabaton- said:

Радвам се да видя българин/ка тук, ахахаха
Aug 16, 2019 12:44 PM
Aug 2019
Maryie said:
-Sabaton- said:

Тъй тъй, навсякъде сме! хД
Aug 16, 2019 1:10 PM
Mar 2019
-Sabaton- said:
Maryie said:

доста си вярно това :ДД
Aug 16, 2019 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Maryie said:

nah i don't mind you asking, im from canada
Aug 16, 2019 1:50 PM
Mar 2019
CowboyMode said:
Maryie said:

nah i don't mind you asking, im from canada

I have a classmate who lived in Canada for 13 years and she said that it is hard for her to decide where she feels better(or which she likes better). I am sure that Canada is amazing, though :)
Aug 16, 2019 3:42 PM

Feb 2017
Bulgaria is our neighbor so I know quite a bit about it and it's history. We have a lot of shared history. Many wars and alliances.
Bulgaria and Bulgarians are really similar to Serbia and Serbians. Same religion, similar history (being under Turk ocuppation), similar customs and tradition, similar languages, Cyrillic alphabet, smiliar/same problems, and from what I can tell we have similar mentality as well.

I haven't been to Bulgaria yet, but I sure plan to go soon. I also know few Bulgarians, really cool guys. We talk to each other in our own languages and mange to understand each other really well.

Поздрав из Србије.
Aug 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Nov 2018
Seiya said:
BallistikJuice said:

Lol, you realize that most of us aren't able to understand any of that, right?

That's not a Bulgarian language. It is Russian, I think.
Aug 17, 2019 12:42 AM

Nov 2018
Maryie said:
-Sabaton- said:

доста си вярно това :ДД

Щях да кажа +1, ама ние сме повече отколкото очаквах.
Aug 17, 2019 2:49 AM

Feb 2015
Never been to another country, at least yet.

Some of things I know about Bulgaria is its language is one of the closest to Old Church Slavonic, the liturgical language of the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Their female choir is well-known. The director of the Ghost In The Shell (1995) was supposed to use them for the movie, but he couldn't find any choir during the time. Still, it's hauntingly beautiful.

And Baba Vida :P
Aug 17, 2019 6:00 AM

Jan 2018
Bulgaria is a bad country, a population is falling, and the birth rate is dipping. Bulgaria is nearing extinction because of it.
Aug 17, 2019 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
Konradikon said:

Some of things I know about Bulgaria is its language is one of the closest to Old Church Slavonic, the liturgical language of the Eastern Orthodox Church.

Their female choir is well-known. The director of the Ghost In The Shell (1995) was supposed to use them for the movie, but he couldn't find any choir during the time. Still, it's hauntingly beautiful.

You mean "Baba Yetu'' from Civ4?!

Aug 17, 2019 9:14 AM

Nov 2018
hotsushikun said:
Bulgaria is a bad country, a population is falling, and the birth rate is dipping. Bulgaria is nearing extinction because of it.

True, true, but this is not the worst of it. It is good place to visit and bad place to live in. And for some reason for many people - a difficult place to leave.
Aug 18, 2019 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
i've been to varna(a city in bulgaria ofc) before and its beautiful there. ive heard in summer lots of people visit there so yea. there r lots of homeless dogs and cats in the streets and they're super friendly. if they have those tags on their ears it means they're vaccinated by the government(since there r so many of them) i do believe the religion there is christianity?

honestly the language looks kinda like russian to me but yea its a nice place people go visit!!!
Aug 18, 2019 4:17 AM

Feb 2015
BallistikJuice said:
Konradikon said:

You mean "Baba Yetu'' from Civ4?!

No, I mean the medieval fortress, man xD

Aug 19, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
I don't know jack shit about Bulgaria. They didn't teach anything about it in school
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 19, 2019 12:05 PM

Nov 2018
I actually study Medicine in Bulgaria, and I've been here for an year now.

Having been born and brought up as a TCK in Dubai, I got really accustomed to the easy and loud city life.

Bulgaria is a beautiful country with great weather, but their lack of interest in learning English has really made their skill in the language poor. Only a handful of locals out in the street actually are comfy speaking English, and you are just expected to know BG :/

I love the general silence and peace that is in plenty where I live. If you think about visiting, go on ahead.... Just don't expect everybody to be comfy with ENG

Aug 19, 2019 12:21 PM

Oct 2012
I have only been there for vacation as a kid. All I remember is that it was very warm there on the beaches, but there were also a lot of beggars and other poor people, which was kinda saddening.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Apr 22, 2021 7:18 AM
Dec 2010
Mirai said:

Never been there myself so cannot confirm accuracy of this video

Well, as bulgarian i can say it's not the worst place in the world, but it's not the best either. XD Honestly, I like the city I live in.

Btw this video is hilarious and the comments... I'm dying! XD XD XD
Apr 22, 2021 7:35 AM

Oct 2012
Update: Last year, my mother moved to Bulgaria.
Then why are we laughing?

Then why am I dead?
Apr 22, 2021 7:53 AM

Nov 2020
I've never been to Bulgaria before but I would love to visit it one day.
Apr 22, 2021 7:57 AM

Sep 2015
I think Bulgaria is known for its folk music. And having fewer grammatical cases than other Slavic languages as Seiya said.
can dis sig fit
Apr 23, 2021 11:07 AM

Jan 2021
I haven’t been to Bulgaria. But I plan to visit one day.
Apr 23, 2021 6:15 PM

Sep 2020
Dimitar Berbatov, lazy poor man version of Zidane

Other than that, it's like a poor man version of Hungary as Hungary can better be used as a pun and one of the finest chick named Barbara Palvin comes from there

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

22 by traed »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

26 by Serafos »»
7 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

31 by Kushna »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

28 by hypergoob »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.