Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2019 4:18 AM

Aug 2011
Great episode. Few years ago I thought the s3 will end whis this, but we now have 4 more episodes.
Will see how they will handle it!
Jun 16, 2019 12:52 AM
May 2012
Regardless of all the "asspull" and "plot armor", it is a well put episode.
Voice acting is phenomenal, and the subtle use of music is perfect.
Jun 16, 2019 6:54 AM
Feb 2019
Tengai said:

How is it an "asspull"? I think Isayama planned everything beforehand.
Jun 16, 2019 5:38 PM
Jun 2019
Honestly every single one of y'all be talking about the plot armor to armin but what other anime have you seen where they don't give a fu*k about one of the most loved characters dying(Erwin)so yeah in terms of Reiner like someone in the discussion pointed out it is possible he could transfer his counciosnes to other parts of the body like Levi said some episodes ago it could've been another titan power, and that comment saying how armin could survive a 50 meter fall well you don't know what Eren did in the second before he went for bertholdth so yeah the creator is a mf badass understood.
Jun 17, 2019 12:49 AM
May 2012
crybabynes said:
Tengai said:

How is it an "asspull"? I think Isayama planned everything beforehand.

How Armin is still alive after being burned to crisp and how he didn't turn in to ashes or something after falling such height.
Jun 17, 2019 10:08 PM

Aug 2017
Intense episode.

Honestly, I prefer to save Erwin over Armin but then I remember Erwin suffered a lot...Now, he can rest in peace.

Noooo Bertolt.
NurguburuJun 17, 2019 10:19 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 18, 2019 7:58 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, what an episode! I had seen some spoilers going around when the manga chapters they adapted was released, but it was so tense to see it animated! Damn!

Sad to see Erwin go. May he rest in peace.
Jun 18, 2019 12:04 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Crazy episode!

No Op nearly always means the episode’s got some serious shit going down and this is simply another notable one of them! Stunning episode! Armin v Erwin, god that sure is tough to decide on any day!

Levi, in my opinion, chose the right person in the end, and that being Armin. Losing the most important Eren’s and currently the second-strongest Mikasa along with the ingenious that is Armin would’ve surely crippled humanity’s chances but similarly with Erwin and ‘hope’ within the walls, fudge a crazy bet. Mikasa breaking down to tears and resisting and Eren on about Armin’s dream was just.. heartbreaking, to say the least. Armin having the dream to go beyond the walls must’ve favoured him though, Levi lurking behind was a great addition, but Levi’s feelings clearly got the better of him there. Erwin, on the other hand, totally gave up and bringing him back probably wouldn’t sit right with him so rest in Peace Commander Erwin! You’ve become the devil for their sake and there aren’t many who could possibly do that, or even come close to. Rest in Peace!

On another note, about the issue of Armin’s shocking survival, I’m with the minority here. Being crisped and then falling some 40 metres down the ground and yet surviving despite the long controversy, I’ve never really moved on it ever since reading the manga. And then there’s Reiner who just happens to be lucky yet again ffs. Seriously, he could be riding all the luck in the world for himself alone. Jean couldn’t set his mind to it and you really can’t blame him for it and likewise for Hange.

Lack of soundtrack this episode was definitely the way to go about it. Silence speaks louder than words (in terms of music and lyrics, I mean) at times and this was definitely one of those cases. Wonderful way of creating this tense atmosphere too! Voice Acting was fabulous and the final OST stunning so that surely made up for it! I’m a little surprised they omitted the scene where Eren and co watching on Bertholdt’s death reminded him of them (Reiner + Annie) doing the same during Marco’s demise because it was definitely one of the more heavy realisations I’ve seen in the medium. It just takes 10 seconds at max with an extra line or two but really gets the point across so a little baffled why they omitted that. Dat aside and with all that’s said and done, it was an still a bloody amazing episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 20, 2019 9:09 AM
Apr 2011
Really not enjoying SnK anymore. Any tension it tries to create is through last-minute asspulls or impossible timing, even if you don't mention the plot armour that's been debated here.

Like 4-leggo Titan arriving at the right moment to save the Beast titan, previous episode.
Like Hange arriving just in time with the final necessary weapon to beat the Armoured Titan (again).
Like uninteresting soldier apparently having carried a wounded grown man on his back, only to arrive at exactly the right time so we can have the Erwin vs Armin debate.
Like 4-leggo Titan arring at the right moment to save the Armoured Titan just as Misaka gives the signal to kill him.

Sure, the visuals and voice acting are amazing. Doesn't make up for the poor writing.
Jun 21, 2019 7:20 AM

Aug 2015
Amazing episode as usual!
rip Erwin best anime commador\leader!
the guy that voice eren is so fricking talented so many emotions portraying in his voice!
also, this episode made me love Mikasa even more, why can't even just accept her love, so frustrating man anyway looking forward to the last few episodes
Jun 22, 2019 7:55 PM

Sep 2013
I swear, when Jean convinced Hange not to kill Reiner and then he escapes, I was ready to switch sides and actively cheer for team Donkey Kong to kill all these dumb mofos

At least the Colossal Titan is finally taken care of, so it could've been worse.

Even still it's so frustrating that they had all 3 main baddies moments from death yet two managed to escape. They could ended this conflict if they got all 3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2019 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
Nim0174 said:
Frostbytes said:
Best comedy episode, Snk always delivers with its stupid plot armours.

>Armin gets lethal burns on his entire body and falls from such a high wall, an absolutely fatal position
>"Oh but look, since he is one of the main characters, he is still barely alive and breathing!!! So get the serum!"

And hence follows the subsequent drama. Hilarious episode, even more funny that Reiner's plot armour from few episodes ago.

lmao
Anime:
4th Degree Burns and fall from 50 Metre
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
Plane Crash from 31000-38000 feet (just for reference this is more than 50 metres lmao) engine fire burns the entire plane in free fall
multiple survivors
--> totally logical
+1
Trying to apply logic and science to an anime is the biggest lol I have for these avid nitpickers.
Even in real life when the outcome is supposed to be obvious; There are those who defy the odds.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 29, 2019 1:35 AM

Apr 2012
Dr4kon said:
Really not enjoying SnK anymore... blah blah blah I'm triggered by story progression.
It's not too late to call it quits you know. You have all the freedom to walk away. But guess what, you'll be back like all the other tsundere viewers.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 29, 2019 3:24 AM

Jun 2014
So much fighting over Armin's plot armor. After so many movies and tv shows, aren't you guys used to plot armor by now?

Anyways, I feel like all these arguments is just so disrespectful to the VAs. They were all so amazing. This is the very first time I think Mikasa's jap VA had outshined all others. The way she cried and fought for Armin as she was being held back by Hange was phenomenal. Levi's flashbacks were absolutely on point and perfect too. My favorite AoT scene of all time. I think I said that like several times already in the past few years lol.
Jun 29, 2019 7:13 AM
Apr 2011
Janethan23 said:
Dr4kon said:
Really not enjoying SnK anymore... blah blah blah I'm triggered by story progression.
It's not too late to call it quits you know. You have all the freedom to walk away. But guess what, you'll be back like all the other tsundere viewers.

Nah, I'm just finishing this season, then I'm done.
Also, changing quotes is rather childish, don't you think? Just because my opinion is different, doesn't mean it's invalid.

GrimorumInvoke said:
So much fighting over Armin's plot armor. After so many movies and tv shows, aren't you guys used to plot armor by now?

Anyways, I feel like all these arguments is just so disrespectful to the VAs. They were all so amazing. This is the very first time I think Mikasa's jap VA had outshined all others. The way she cried and fought for Armin as she was being held back by Hange was phenomenal. Levi's flashbacks were absolutely on point and perfect too. My favorite AoT scene of all time. I think I said that like several times already in the past few years lol.

Just because something happens often, does not excuse it from being bad writing. And calling parts of the show bad is not disrespectful to the VAs. Yes, they did a good job. That does not automatically excuse everyone else involved in making this show. They are part of a team.
And there is still a world of difference between criticising with fair points about the show, which is not disrepectful, or blatant and unfounded insults towards the VAs. The latter I have not seen in this thread.
Jun 29, 2019 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
Dr4kon said:
Janethan23 said:

Also, changing quotes is rather childish, don't you think? Just because my opinion is different, doesn't mean it's invalid.
Yeah right rolls eyes Who are you trying to bs? You stuck around this long into the series with your "enlightened" point of views. FYI, I didn't change what you were saying; I simply summarized your post in a nutshell. Go peddle your "I maybe different yet I'm entitled to validity" nonsense elsewhere.

Jun 29, 2019 5:02 PM
Apr 2011
Janethan23 said:
Dr4kon said:

Yeah right rolls eyes Who are you trying to bs? You stuck around this long into the series with your "enlightened" point of views. FYI, I didn't change what you were saying; I simply summarized your post in a nutshell. Go peddle your "I maybe different yet I'm entitled to validity" nonsense elsewhere.

I stuck around because I used to enjoy the show. Now the visuals still look good, the VAs are doing a stellar job, but I just don't enjoy it anymore.

But it seems it is rather pointless to try to have discourse with someone whose immediate reaction to different views is throwing a tantrum.
Jun 29, 2019 9:10 PM
Dec 2017
This episode and the last were highly emotional for me. That's new for Attack on Titan. This anime has always made me think and has reminded me countless times about the grim reality they all live in. But not once has AoT made me want to actually cry.

I was so conflicted while watching this episode. I was aware of Armin's fate already but I thought "Really, just who would they be better off reviving?" Armin is one of my favorite characters and has been since the beginning. Erwin was a newer addition. Despite the emotions, what that one guy and Levi were saying was probably my favorite part but that especially goes for what Levi was saying. Erwin played his role for too long. He was given his chance to no longer play that role. So, I'm kinda glad they let Erwin go.

As for Bertolt, I'm glad they finally got rid of him. When he screamed for help, I thought the guy was crazy. He would've killed them when given the chance so why would they help? Honestly, good riddance. They didn't get Reiner but I'm ok with them getting Bertolt instead. When it comes to them, I really don't think I'd have any sort of attachment to them after what they did.
Sakurai_AoiJun 29, 2019 9:19 PM
Jun 30, 2019 3:16 AM

Jun 2014
Dr4kon said:
Janethan23 said:

GrimorumInvoke said:

Just because something happens often, does not excuse it from being bad writing. And calling parts of the show bad is not disrespectful to the VAs. Yes, they did a good job. That does not automatically excuse everyone else involved in making this show. They are part of a team.
And there is still a world of difference between criticising with fair points about the show, which is not disrepectful, or blatant and unfounded insults towards the VAs. The latter I have not seen in this thread.

Logically speaking, I think you are right. I don't think you are wrong, but I think you are missing something. This is just my opinion Since the VAs were amazingly superb, certain flaws can be forgiven. Instead of focusing on the flaws, we should be celebrating their strengths. The VAs deserve praise and spotlight for this episode. Instead, the forum is flooded with negative criticism over something that should of been forgiven.
Jul 1, 2019 1:56 AM

Feb 2019
Unfortunately some retard uploaded Armins transformation on YouTube, so the ending was spoiled for me.

But Erwins death still made me cry :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 1, 2019 5:19 AM

Dec 2013
Feels a little convenient that Armin was alive despite those burns but it's not surprising that he was saved, He's one of the main characters after all.

It was sad to see Erwin die. The poor guy deserves some rest after everything that he's been through.
Jul 1, 2019 5:19 AM

Dec 2013
Feels a little convenient that Armin was alive despite those burns but it's not surprising that he was saved, He's one of the main characters after all.

It was sad to see Erwin die. The poor guy deserves some rest after everything that he's been through.
Jul 1, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
Armin and Erwin have been two of my favorite characters. This just...I'm overjoyed that Armin lives but brokenhearted to see one of the bravest men go out. The way Erwin slapped away Levi instinctively...I think somewhere in his deepest consciousness, he was saying that Armin was the right choice.

I've been waiting for the next episode for years but I don't know if I even have the energy to watch it right now.
Jul 1, 2019 2:01 PM

Nov 2017
This is everything current OPMS2 isn't. Glorious. They animated it, that scene with the beast titan. Well done lads. Of course I wasn't prepared for the drama about Erwin and Armin.

Cannot wait for next episode.

The quadrupedal titan dude. So creepy.
Jul 2, 2019 3:10 PM

Jun 2017
I'm not quite sure how it's possible but I think this episode was even better than the last one. It was sorta obvious that Armin was the one that would get the serum, though I think it would have been more impactful if Levi himself had come to the conclusion that Armin would be a better asset to humanity. He would have then suppressed his desire to save Erwin and injected the serum in Armin with a tear running down his face on some nostalgic background music.
Jul 3, 2019 2:42 PM
Nov 2017
I cried half the video it was so emotional holy xsafdsffdfdfdf..... :(((((((
Jul 6, 2019 5:51 PM

Jan 2015
This was the most shocking episode of SnK.
Finally this Bertholdt died, he was really annoying.
Jul 7, 2019 6:56 AM
Nov 2015
This episode is by far the most emotional we've see yet. The Beast Titan actually revealed himself to Eren (I saw a spoiler about a year or two ago about who he really is in relation to Eren, but I'm not going to say this here...the manga readers know).

I thought that Armin was a goner in the last episode, but thanks to Levi's executive decision, humanity will be saved. Some argue that Erwin should've been saved, but I disagree. Erwin was clearly depressed during his time in the military having being forced to kill his dreams and become a devil. Yes, he's smart with experience and excellent leadership skills...but he forgot what it meant to save humanity...it takes more than just fighting. I'm glad Erwin gets the rest he deserves.

ALSO I wanted to mention how bad ass Mikasa was in the previous episode with the Thunder Spear, SHE DID THAT!

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 7, 2019 10:41 AM

Feb 2018
Armin being Titan... Oh my God.
Jul 7, 2019 11:08 AM
Nov 2015
This episode was fckin good! Can’t wait for the next one.
Jul 7, 2019 2:16 PM

Dec 2018
i didn't like season 2 very much, but this season, and last 2 episodes have been fucking fantastic.
Jul 7, 2019 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
Super sad episode. So Zeke finally showed himself to Eren. He spoke about Erens father and I really wonder what his relationship was. Also the fact that he mentioned Eren got brainwashed, I don't know what to think of.

Of course this weird titan and Zeke were able to free Reiner. I don't know how much luck this guy even has. You could see how pissed Jean was over himself. They missed both opportunities. The first was when Levi didn't killed the beast and now this.

With all those burns at his body I couldn't even imagine Armin being alive. Same goes for Erwin. The drama especially between Levi, Eren and Mikasa was crazy. The VA's made an incredible job. But what's right in this situation when you're Levi? This has to be one of the worst decissions to make.

On one side there's Erwin, the commander who's one of the most important persons in the war against the titans. On the other side there's Armin, who's very talented with his ideas (even if he's not a leader type) and without it in the past Eren and Co. would maybe already be dead.

It got me so emotional to see Mikasa, Eren, almost everyone cry ;_;

It seemed like Erwin was dreaming when he hit Levi who wanted to give him the injection. To see Armin as a titan seemed a little bit unreal. But at least Berthold got what he deserved. I couldn't believe when he was screaming for help.

I will miss Erwin. R.I.P.

And now the time has come to see what inside basement. This season is so crazy, my god.
Natsu88Jul 7, 2019 7:42 PM

Jul 9, 2019 12:41 PM

Mar 2012
Really sad about Erwin and a tough choice for Levi to make.

It would've made more sense to bring him back due to his experience, and Levi would've, but he realized Erwin had already made up his mind to give up his dream and sacrifice himself with the others for the sake of taking down the Beast titan.

I'm guessing it would've messed him up if he were revived after leading all of those soldiers to their deaths on top of the many others who had already died on previous missions.
Jul 14, 2019 7:00 AM

Mar 2015
Oh my god this episode.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 14, 2019 11:07 PM

Feb 2015
Yes, Armin survived!

Thank god for plot armor.
Jul 15, 2019 3:05 AM

Jun 2015
You'd think that small Titan would have no business trying to rescue Reiner & Bertolt and would instead try to sneak away but I guess with the same retarded convenience the Beast titan was saved Reiner also can be.

But at least all that quarreling over what person should receive the injection was precious.
Jul 15, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2013
Unowen said:
You'd think that small Titan would have no business trying to rescue Reiner & Bertolt and would instead try to sneak away but I guess with the same retarded convenience the Beast titan was saved Reiner also can be.

But at least all that quarreling over what person should receive the injection was precious.

Why would it try to sneak away? Or isn't it not obvious that the titan is a shifter as well?
Jul 15, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
keragamming said:
Unowen said:

Why would it try to sneak away? Or isn't it not obvious that the titan is a shifter as well?
A shifter with a seemingly not very offensive power and carrying Zeke in clearly no position to fight goes into enemy territory where both Reiner and Bertolt were defeated. If both of them were defeated you should assume as Zeke that either there are people there as dangerous as Levi (which in this case is true with Mikasa for example) or that they had another weapon they used (which is also true, Zeke really shouldn't be able to tell they used all their ammunition without knowing the weapon or anything). So yes I'd have found more normal for that shifter to escape with Zeke directly upon realizing the other 2 were defeated, instead of jumping in and most likely being finished for good.

On a side note since you seem an arduous fan, can you solve me a doubt. When the Owl reveals Grisha that he is a shifter in a later episode, he mentions that he is one of the 9 titans and that these powers have names. Does that mean the amount of Shifters is limited and each has a distinguishable power? If that's the case as I understood then why Ymir (in like the character Ymir) 's titan in season 2 looked exactly the same when she had her shifter power and in the flashback where she eats Reiner's partner as a mindless titan?
Jul 15, 2019 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Unowen said:
keragamming said:

A shifter with a seemingly not very offensive power and carrying Zeke in clearly no position to fight goes into enemy territory where both Reiner and Bertolt were defeated. If both of them were defeated you should assume as Zeke that either there are people there as dangerous as Levi (which in this case is true with Mikasa for example) or that they had another weapon they used (which is also true, Zeke really shouldn't be able to tell they used all their ammunition without knowing the weapon or anything). So yes I'd have found more normal for that shifter to escape with Zeke directly upon realizing the other 2 were defeated, instead of jumping in and most likely being finished for good.

On a side note since you seem an arduous fan, can you solve me a doubt. When the Owl reveals Grisha that he is a shifter in a later episode, he mentions that he is one of the 9 titans and that these powers have names. Does that mean the amount of Shifters is limited and each has a distinguishable power? If that's the case as I understood then why Ymir (in like the character Ymir) 's titan in season 2 looked exactly the same when she had her shifter power and in the flashback where she eats Reiner's partner as a mindless titan?

Zeke is the one giving the orders, not that titan. The fact that there is only 9 titan shifters, you would see why it is worth the risk to try and retrieve them.

That question has been brought up a few years ago. The only difference is that her titan shifter form looks a lot more muscular and that it has claws. Though from my knowledge I think titan shifters look differently depending on the human

mindless

shifter

Jul 15, 2019 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
keragamming said:
Unowen said:

Zeke is the one giving the orders, not that titan. The fact that there is only 9 titan shifters, you would see why it is worth the risk to try and retrieve them.

That question has been brought up a few years ago. The only difference is that her titan shifter form looks a lot more muscular and that it has claws. Though from my knowledge I think titan shifters look differently depending on the human

mindless

shifter

"Zeke is the one giving the orders, not that titan."
Yes I'm aware, I'm referring to both of them together all the time. Actually carrying Zeke is a big part of my point, since he is in a very vulnerable state.

"The fact that there is only 9 titan shifters, you would see why it is worth the risk to try and retrieve them."
You can see that reinforcing my point as well, the odds there were higher to lose all 4 shifters than to rescue any of the two. Actually in the way they presented it it's all a matter of seconds from the point Mikasa gives a negative signal to where they rescue Reiner. Just a few more seconds and Hange would've sliced his throat. At least in the previous episode where Zeke gets rescued from Levi you can see him hesitating on whether what to do with Zeke and he was in an open field area where chasing them was very hard. But this time around these conditions weren't there so it's both too much of a gamble / and the timing is way more convenient and hard to swallow.

So basically there isn't a solid reply to that Ymir thing. I don't see much difference at all between those two pictures. If there's any rather small muscular/claw difference it can all be a matter of the drawing itself / the position, more than an actual change in her character. Besides you'd expect an actual change, like Armin will be a colossal titan when he transforms now, he won't be that 2-3 meter one that ate Bertolt. Unless there's yet another genetic difference, now this time between the people of Ymir and only the best of the best of them can look like cool titans :P
Jul 15, 2019 1:16 PM

Oct 2013
@Unowen

Yeah, perhaps its just inconsistency. Definitely not something that would ruin the series. There are other persons who can give a better explanation to it, if there is one, because I personally didn't focus much on that aspect.

Regarding Zeke and that titan, I don't believe they knew that Bertholdt and Reiner where defeated? Perhaps they went there to tell them that it is time to retreat? Or perhaps they are willing to take that risk, this is a argument that can be countered easily and just seem like something you are drawing out of proportion.

It would be pretty cowardly to just left your comrades, without notifying them.
keragammingJul 15, 2019 1:24 PM
Jul 15, 2019 1:55 PM

Jun 2015
keragamming said:
Yeah, perhaps its just inconsistency.
I'm also wondering about Eren's power itself. He has Owl's Attack Titan that he inherited from his father, but Grisha also ate Frieda. So can a shifter have the power of two titans, in this case Eren having both the Attack Titan and the Founding Titan power? Or the Founding Titan power is not a titan by itself?
This doubt is certainly an easier one for you to answer because is way more central to the plot than Ymir so it must've been explained better in some point.

keragamming said:
Regarding Zeke and that titan, I don't believe they knew that Bertholdt and Reiner where defeated? Perhaps they went there to tell them that it is time to retreat? Or perhaps they are willing to take that risk, this is a argument that can be countered easily and just seem like something you are drawing out of proportion.

It would be pretty cowardly to just left your comrades, without notifying them.
Well I'm not drawing anything out of proportion you just asked about my original comment and I'm simply developing it. Also I assume Zeke can tell they were defeated, is not like the Colossal Titan falling or simply not being there is a difficult thing to spot lol.

Yes that they were willing to take that risk is not "perhaps", is literally what happens. My point was commenting on whether that risk made sense and that the execution on how they manage to rescue Reiner was very convenient and relied in perfect timing + not having more of those weapons + not having gas in their wears + being focused in rescuing Ermin + Ermin actually surviving that.
Jul 15, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2013
@Unowen

Yes, there is two titans inside Eren, the founding titan and the attack titan.

Yeah, I agree it was convenient. I didn't like this chapter in the manga honestly, but the anime did a great job with the ending scene, I actually almost cried there.
Jul 16, 2019 4:28 AM
Apr 2019
Unowen said:
keragamming said:

mindless

shifter

"Zeke is the one giving the orders, not that titan."
Yes I'm aware, I'm referring to both of them together all the time. Actually carrying Zeke is a big part of my point, since he is in a very vulnerable state.

"The fact that there is only 9 titan shifters, you would see why it is worth the risk to try and retrieve them."
You can see that reinforcing my point as well, the odds there were higher to lose all 4 shifters than to rescue any of the two. Actually in the way they presented it it's all a matter of seconds from the point Mikasa gives a negative signal to where they rescue Reiner. Just a few more seconds and Hange would've sliced his throat. At least in the previous episode where Zeke gets rescued from Levi you can see him hesitating on whether what to do with Zeke and he was in an open field area where chasing them was very hard. But this time around these conditions weren't there so it's both too much of a gamble / and the timing is way more convenient and hard to swallow.

So basically there isn't a solid reply to that Ymir thing. I don't see much difference at all between those two pictures. If there's any rather small muscular/claw difference it can all be a matter of the drawing itself / the position, more than an actual change in her character. Besides you'd expect an actual change, like Armin will be a colossal titan when he transforms now, he won't be that 2-3 meter one that ate Bertolt. Unless there's yet another genetic difference, now this time between the people of Ymir and only the best of the best of them can look like cool titans :P

Actually ymir Titan kinda the same in manga, but afterward isayama choose so that mindless titan and after shifting have different model,so the anime made slightly change. Thats what i heard,though i don't remember what ymir look like in anime.
Isayama sometimes have change of mind and made anime fix it. Like the titan that carrying zeke actually didnt look like that at manga.
Jul 16, 2019 9:24 AM

May 2016
Just when everyone was sure that both Armin and Erwin was dead, they all found out that they both actually survived their fatal injuries but are on the brink of death. Backpack Titan might've gotten Reiner but no one has the time to worry about that anymore because they were facing the toughest dilemma yet on which to save among the two potential saviors of humanity. It really was devastating to see all of them fight over who to prioritize saving because both of them are beloved characters that deserved to see through to their dreams. They were so sure that Erwin was the one they should save but the Commander himself unconsciously reminisced his childhood and showed that he once had the zeal Armin had as well.

I think that with the mountain of corpses already under his name, if Erwin found out that they have sacrificed the person who revealed so much information about the traitors within the walls so he'll lead more people towards their deaths would have been too much for him to handle so I guess that it really was best to finally put him to rest. Even though he was responsible for so many deaths, Bertholdt's former comrades from the 104th were still devastated that things had to end that way. With Erwin's death came Armin's rebirth and a new burden that will fall upon his shoulders.

Jul 16, 2019 10:34 AM

Jan 2008
The ammount of times they just let Reiner live was ridiculous. I mean his name should be Jesse from team rocket.

I thought armin was finally gonna kick the bucket. Fuckin' shame man. I still hold some hope that they will kill him off.

It's really weird - never in my life was I rooting for two of main protagonists to actually die. I doubt that will happen - I'm not that lucky.
Jul 18, 2019 9:12 AM

Jul 2013
Dude this show can't be good for my health man I have a headache right now. Fuck.
Jul 21, 2019 6:49 AM
Dec 2016
Erwin would have been a much better choice. Other, than a few "right choices and ideas" Armin came up with, he was a pretty useless member of the squad.

BuT aRmIn HaD dReAmS, hE wAnTeD tO sEe ThE sEa.

Yes and who the fuck cares, Erwin also had dreams, one in particular was pretty damn close, he just had to strech his arms...😞
Jul 29, 2019 12:10 AM

Dec 2018
Hmmm wonders what's Zeke relationship with Grisha.

Unfortunately Erwin failed to reach his dream.

Well it's understandable there's gotta be a plot armor sometimes, the fact that this show is shounen genre.

Now Armin is the colossal titan, great........
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 31, 2019 5:32 PM

Mar 2018
I love Armin. I really do, but I was hoping Levi would revive Erwin. He has led the Survey Corps for years. He practically sacrificed his soul for them. He always put his life on the line for humanity. He deserved to live at least until they check the basement. But alas :( He was truly a hero in his own right, though. Still they were setting up Armin to be his successor at some capacity right at the beginning of pt2. So I was surprised last episode when we almost lost Armin and it makes sense eventually that Levi chose him. Erwin now can be released from hell as Levi said even though it's not fair that he didn't get to see the war won.
Pages (17) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.