Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 13, 2019 3:58 PM
Sep 2018
carole and tuesday is the best anime of the season and potentially anime of the year
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 13, 2019 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
No. I hope that this was convincing enough for you.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 13, 2019 4:05 PM
Apr 2016
I agree, honestly. It's sad that it's barely getting any exposure, though.
Jun 13, 2019 4:08 PM

Feb 2016
didn't even know this was a thing, got chills listening to them sing.
about to start watching right now
@2ego you were right
@prophet_dan thanks for the post
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 13, 2019 4:08 PM

Aug 2018
Any particular reason why it is the best, or...?
Jun 13, 2019 4:11 PM
Jan 2012
The Fucking Bullshit song is pretty great. Haven't seen the show yet, but I saw that clip
Jun 13, 2019 4:14 PM

Dec 2017
dorohedoro and vinland saga haven't aired yet so chill maaan
Jun 13, 2019 4:21 PM
Feb 2017
Counter argument: Mob Psycho 100 II, Kaguya-sama, and AoT S2 P2 (so far).
Jun 13, 2019 4:43 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
2ego said:
I think the whole "only available on Netflix Japan" thing has kept it from getting out there. Some people are patiently waiting for it to be available in the U.S. The rest are watching it illegally.
In a time where you can now watch a lot of anime legally for free at darn near the same time as Japan is watching it, I think not being able to do the same with Carole and Tuesday has stunted its popularity. I don't know why they made this decision, or if they simple can't due to legal reasons, but I do hope everyone can still enjoy it soon!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 13, 2019 4:47 PM

Feb 2019
Well, it was going super well and dandy, until this dreaded tournament arc. I agree it's one of the best this season, but the last few episodes (not counting some of the performances for the competition, like the bullshit or the rap-opera one) have been really lackluster and, dare I say, quite boring.
Jun 13, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2018
To be fair, i haven't watched C&T, so i can't really argue against it...

but that Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2, tho...
Jun 13, 2019 5:17 PM

Dec 2015
The show has a ton of cliche storytelling and tries to be a masterpiece with only music presentations (which let's admit, they're also cliche. They're literaly the same pop music style that's out there. C&T songs are cute, but that's it). I'd say the show is honestly a bit boring

Also, Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 part 2 have returned the quality from the first Season and it's safely becoming one of the best shows of the decade. And there is a ton of other shows from last season who have done a better job than C&T. There is no competition here
Jun 13, 2019 7:29 PM

May 2009
prophet_dan said:
change my mind
no

i would write more but this punchline really needs to be by itself. but in case you've already started bolding this thread looking for this, I should tell you that I haven't watched Carole (Carol? Carole?) & Tuesday so I have no opinion on it.

The one show I'm very looking forward to watching that has aired this year (note that I don't watch seasonals and so I haven't yet watched anything that's aired this year) is The Price of Smiles. That's it so far
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 13, 2019 7:39 PM

Jun 2012
Isekai Quartet is by far and large the best thing to happen to this season. The other shows are solid 5/10's
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 13, 2019 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
Is 13 completed Anime enough for someone to have favorites? :P

The best Carol is "Oh! Carol" by Neil Sedaka, and you can even listen to it seven days a week, not just on Tuesday.
_-_Sally_-_Jun 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Jun 13, 2019 7:54 PM

Feb 2019
It's nice, but not by far the most Amazing

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 13, 2019 8:06 PM
Mar 2018
Honestly I cant change your mind.

Offtopic - I'm slightly annoyed that you watched Steins;Gate 0 and not Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate is the first part lmao, after finishing it then you should watch Steins;Gate 0 smh
Jun 13, 2019 8:11 PM

May 2009
haunted said:
I disagree AND I don’t want to change your mind. There’s nothing wrong with you thinking that. :P
Honestly, "change my mind" demands are basically a guaranteed sign that someone's fishing for an argument.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 13, 2019 8:14 PM

Oct 2013
Why? You're allowed to think whatever the hell you want. Personally I have no interest in even watching Carole and Tuesday.
Jun 13, 2019 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
thiago52192 said:
The show has a ton of cliche storytelling and tries to be a masterpiece with only music presentations (which let's admit, they're also cliche. They're literaly the same pop music style that's out there. C&T songs are cute, but that's it). I'd say the show is honestly a bit boring

Also, Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 part 2 have returned the quality from the first Season and it's safely becoming one of the best shows of the decade. And there is a ton of other shows from last season who have done a better job than C&T. There is no competition here
I agree with everything in this comment. The first song was in C&T was good but everything else is cute poppy stuff. There are tons of shows that have grabbed my attention more than C&T this year (AOT, Dororo, TPN, Kaguya, and even Fruits Basket)
Jun 13, 2019 8:20 PM

Nov 2011
Well at least it is better than AoT ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 13, 2019 9:08 PM

Oct 2017
Sarazainmai is the best anime of this season. (not even being ironic)
Don't bother changing my mind cuz it's fact :)

C&T is good but it hasn't reach to the climax that can move my heart yet so we'll see.
Jun 13, 2019 9:22 PM
Feb 2012
mdude you are only watching 1 anime from the current season of course its gonna be your anime of the season
Jun 13, 2019 9:30 PM

Oct 2010
Op needs to watch ecchi to change his mind.
Jun 13, 2019 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
No, it's just American Idol the Anime and AI sucks so therefore it sucks too. Also Jojo is the only series allowed to use Western Music references.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Jun 13, 2019 9:34 PM

Jan 2015
The comedy is extremely unfunny, and I haven't liked anyone's performances besides Carole and Tuesday. This whole mars brightest "arc" has no been enjoyable to me whatsoever. It's a good show, but I don' think it's aots and definitely not aoty.
Jun 14, 2019 12:43 AM

Dec 2018
i haven't watched C&T, just see few clip in Instagram/Youtube
But i think, to nominate it as potiental anime of the year is a bit too much
Jun 14, 2019 12:54 AM

Jun 2017
No it's not.

Why I should change an opinion of a random person on internet?

Jun 14, 2019 1:34 AM

Nov 2014
2ego said:

You don't use tumblr, don't you?

Aidoru-Ojisan said:
No, it's just American Idol the Anime and AI sucks so therefore it sucks too. Also Jojo is the only series allowed to use Western Music references.

What about Cowboy Bebop? And Eureka Seven? Sakamichi no Apollon? Also, in Carole & Tuesday and Sakamichi no Apollon the music references make sense, because the characters are musicians. Meanwhile in JoJo's the manga just name the characters after Western bands and artists, for not particular reason whatsoever.

Ventus_S said:

C&T is good but it hasn't reach to the climax that can move my heart yet so we'll see.

This season belongs to the gay kappa.

Seiya said:

The best Carol is "Oh! Carol" by Neil Sedaka, and you can even listen to it seven days a week, not just on Tuesday.

I was wondering when the "You have watched less anime than me, so your opinion is invalid" crowd was going to appear. Pretty soon it seems.

Holybaptiser said:
Isekai Quartet is by far and large the best thing to happen to this season. The other shows are solid 5/10's

Oh my god, they dropped you when you were a baby.

BlakexEkalb said:

Kaguya-sama? For what i heard it's a show about to preppy kids who can't admit they like each other, so they waste the viewer's time with strategies to make the other admit tit first like they're in Death Note or Liar Game.

ahneeme said:
mdude you are only watching 1 anime from the current season of course its gonna be your anime of the season

So, if i was watching Pupa, you think i'll find it to the best?

thiago52192 said:

Ah, but it was good to begin with?
Jun 14, 2019 5:44 AM
Feb 2017
BlancaXLobo said:
2ego said:

You don't use tumblr, don't you?

Aidoru-Ojisan said:

What about Cowboy Bebop? And Eureka Seven? Sakamichi no Apollon? Also, in Carole & Tuesday and Sakamichi no Apollon the music references make sense, because the characters are musicians. Meanwhile in JoJo's the manga just name the characters after Western bands and artists, for not particular reason whatsoever.

Ventus_S said:

This season belongs to the gay kappa.

Seiya said:

I was wondering when the "You have watched less anime than me, so your opinion is invalid" crowd was going to appear. Pretty soon it seems.

Holybaptiser said:

Oh my god, they dropped you when you were a baby.

BlakexEkalb said:

Kaguya-sama? For what i heard it's a show about to preppy kids who can't admit they like each other, so they waste the viewer's time with strategies to make the other admit tit first like they're in Death Note or Liar Game.

ahneeme said:

So, if i was watching Pupa, you think i'll find it to the best?

thiago52192 said:

Ah, but it was good to begin with?

Yes, that is indeed what the show isn't about essentially. How well a show is executed is what makes it stand apart from their counterparts.
Jun 14, 2019 5:47 AM

Aug 2017
Watch more than one anime per season and your mind will change
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2019 7:18 AM
Sep 2018
assyrian said:
Watch more than one anime per season and your mind will change
i do but most of the anime this seasons hasn't drawn me in like carole and tuesday did
Jun 14, 2019 7:20 AM

May 2018
Idfc about your mind. Your opinion is not important :D
Moreover, 13 completed is not even enough to judge what is great or bad.
Also, this shitpost should be deleted for violating the forum rules.
P.S. A fanboy with 8.94 mean score who gave Bleach a 10 has no personality yet.
See you when you grow up
Nemo_NiemandJun 14, 2019 7:30 AM

Jun 14, 2019 7:29 AM

Jan 2019
dude, you're not even wathing more shows from this season xd

Jun 14, 2019 7:42 AM

Nov 2014
Nemo_Niemand said:
Idfc about your mind. Your opinion is not important :D
Moreover, 13 completed is not even enough to judge what is great or bad.
Also, this shitpost should be deleted for violating the forum rules.
P.S. A fanboy with 8.94 mean score who gave Bleach a 10 has no personality yet.
See you when you grow up

How charming. I still wonder with users like this how the fuck people still use the site. Must be other users.
Jun 14, 2019 7:45 AM

Jan 2019
I think Carol's character design is ugly so I refuse to watch it.

I watch anime for unrealistically cute girls and not for plain semi-realistic looking girls.
Jun 14, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2014
DiscoDespot said:

I watch anime for unrealistically cute girls and not for plain semi-realistic looking girls.

Do you mind if i borrow it for my "Stupid reasons to not watch an anime" list?
Jun 14, 2019 7:56 AM

Jan 2012
Not an anime, but...
Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal are overrated.
Jun 14, 2019 8:01 AM

Jan 2019
BlancaXLobo said:
DiscoDespot said:

I don't mind! Be sure to list me as a source.

But if I am looking to be entertained why would I watch something I don't find entertaining? Forcing myself to watch something I don't like is even more idiotic than my petty reasons for not watching it.
Jun 14, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Demon Slayer is already anime of the season tho..(I haven't watched AOT S3 Part 2 so yeah...)
Jun 14, 2019 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Demon Slayer is already anime of the season tho..(I haven't watched AOT S3 Part 2 so yeah...)
Jun 14, 2019 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Carole and Tuesday anime of the year my ass. Hardly it can get near to being aoty with Promised Neverland, Dororo, SNK and othr animes that we will get. I do think the music of this anime is awesome but it has nothing more than that.
Jun 14, 2019 8:19 AM

Oct 2018
Got nothing on Isekai Quartet and AOT.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 14, 2019 8:20 AM

Aug 2018
not even anime of the day jajajajaja
Enjoy the ride...
Jun 14, 2019 8:21 AM

Feb 2017
I dont really get the title of the thread. Do you really want someone to change your mind and accept valid arguments that others provide? If so, you can just directly ask other ppl as to whats the best anime around. Am I missing something here?
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Jun 14, 2019 8:24 AM

Aug 2018
BlancaXLobo said:
DiscoDespot said:

De locos, pones a parir al user de antes por decir idioteces e insultar y vas y lo calcas dos posts más abajo jajaja, vaya máquina.

(Unbelievable, you just criticize Nemo_niemand for saying some bull***t and you do the exact same thing 2 posts later) :D
Enjoy the ride...
Jun 14, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2014
lt_wassile said:
BlancaXLobo said:

De locos, pones a parir al user de antes por decir idioteces e insultar y vas y lo calcas dos posts más abajo jajaja, vaya máquina.

(Unbelievable, you just criticize Nemo_niemand for saying some bull***t and you do the exact same thing 2 posts later) :D

one thing is insulting and the other is joking around. It's not my fault you can't see the difference.
Jun 14, 2019 8:36 AM

Aug 2018
BlancaXLobo said:
lt_wassile said:

one thing is insulting and the other is joking around. It's not my fault you can't see the difference.
jajaja typical response, however, shouldn't be me the one saying this? Cuz looks like you're the one who hasn't learned it yet...
Enjoy the ride...
Jun 14, 2019 8:43 AM

Nov 2014
lt_wassile said:
BlancaXLobo said:

jajaja typical response, however, shouldn't be me the one saying this? Cuz looks like you're the one who hasn't learned it yet...

¿Que quieres que haga exactamente? Por que si no quieres que bromee con otros usuarios en dónde vayas a escribir vas a tener que avisarme de antemano, y no tengo el más mínimo interés en que me informes de ello.
Jun 14, 2019 8:45 AM

Mar 2017
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I'm liking Kono Oto Tomare so far this season.

But I might say AoT P2 for AoTY.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour

animegamer245 - 9 minutes ago

1 by delirific »»
7 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

54 by omorashi »»
49 seconds ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

51 by vasipi4946 »»
2 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

71 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
2 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Yesterday

9 by Timeline_man »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.