Forum Settings
Forums

2019 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until DEC 15)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2019 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
mozgow said:
hotlinetohell said:
Any recommendations for "Watch an anime with 35 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less"?
I've already watched Saiki Kusuo and Agressive Retsuko but those are the only ones that come to mind :(
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

(character limit)

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind if I don't find anything else :)

Apr 23, 2019 10:39 AM

Dec 2015
hotlinetohell said:
Any recommendations for "Watch an anime with 35 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less"?
I've already watched Saiki Kusuo and Agressive Retsuko but those are the only ones that come to mind :(

Hetalia Axis Powers
Chi's Sweet Home
Puchimas!: Petit iDOLM@STER
Line Offline: Salaryman
Apr 23, 2019 2:50 PM

Jan 2015
Zilluminate said:
hotlinetohell said:

Hetalia Axis Powers
Chi's Sweet Home
Puchimas!: Petit iDOLM@STER
Line Offline: Salaryman

Thank you very much! I totally forgot about Hetalia

Apr 23, 2019 7:20 PM

Aug 2017
bigdud24 said:
I just did a quick skim of yours and so far it looks good.

So I can continue with Apprentice without worries right?
Apr 25, 2019 5:27 PM

Feb 2017
Question:

I have a handful of shows in my "On Hold" category that I started watching before I started this challenge.

The rules state:
 -- Anime which have more than 50 episodes can be started at any time during the challenge period.

However, if I was to rewatch the episodes I watched before I started the challenge would I be able to use it in the challenge?

For example, I have Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger in my "On Hold" category with only 2 episodes watched which I started in Nov 2 2018. If I was to rewatched those first 2 episodes today (April 25) and continue from there would it be against the rules or not?

Just didn't want to do this and then get in trouble for it later on.

Apr 26, 2019 1:26 AM

Jul 2014
@Zakeh11
Rewatching is not allowed for this year. Not even a single episode. Sorry.
Apr 26, 2019 2:07 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Zakeh11 said:
Question:

I have a handful of shows in my "On Hold" category that I started watching before I started this challenge.

The rules state:
 -- Anime which have more than 50 episodes can be started at any time during the challenge period.

However, if I was to rewatch the episodes I watched before I started the challenge would I be able to use it in the challenge?

For example, I have Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger in my "On Hold" category with only 2 episodes watched which I started in Nov 2 2018. If I was to rewatched those first 2 episodes today (April 25) and continue from there would it be against the rules or not?

Just didn't want to do this and then get in trouble for it later on.

Hajime no Ippo wouldn't work even if you re-watched the first two episodes, because it needs to be started before July.
But as Moz said, rewatching is not allowed.
Apr 26, 2019 2:51 AM

Feb 2017
@BeanChagBear
Hello, can you please give me some recommendations for the item Intermediate #21
Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member — find the team listed at @AWC_mod profile (don't ask the mod); ask any of them directly (use mentions in the discussion thread or comment on their profile); link your recommendation here. You have to ask specifically for this item. Random ones won't be accepted (recommended for another/not specified item)

I am using the restrictions TV and presistent
Please dont recommend FMA i have read the manga and dont intend to watch the anime^^

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Apr 26, 2019 4:54 AM

Jun 2015
I watched K-On! Movie for the anime set in a foreign country item but it turned out that only half of it was in London and the other half was in Japan. Is its till eligible for that item?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 26, 2019 4:59 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Niveen_Sleem said:
I watched K-On! Movie for the anime set in a foreign country item but it turned out that only half of it was in London and the other half was in Japan. Is its till eligible for that item?

It should be more than just half of it set in a foreign country. If it's only half, it won't be valid.
Apr 26, 2019 5:16 AM

Jun 2015
Yuki-Chan276 said:
Niveen_Sleem said:

It should be more than just half of it set in a foreign country. If it's only half, it won't be valid.

It's a movie so I can't really determine how much exactly was each part. I'll pick another show then to be on the safe side.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 26, 2019 6:24 AM

Jul 2015
Apprentice 33. Watch an anime that has a one-word title
Would something like:
Doukyuusei (Movie)
Be disqualified as the mal entry added the specifics of that it is a movie? or would it be allowed?

Apr 26, 2019 6:38 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Alexia383 said:
Apprentice 33. Watch an anime that has a one-word title
Would something like:
Doukyuusei (Movie)
Be disqualified as the mal entry added the specifics of that it is a movie? or would it be allowed?

Yes, it does not have one word, but two, separated by a space.
Apr 26, 2019 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
ManuelB87 said:
@BeanChagBear
Hello, can you please give me some recommendations for the item Intermediate #21
Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member — find the team listed at @AWC_mod profile (don't ask the mod); ask any of them directly (use mentions in the discussion thread or comment on their profile); link your recommendation here. You have to ask specifically for this item. Random ones won't be accepted (recommended for another/not specified item)

I am using the restrictions TV and presistent
Please dont recommend FMA i have read the manga and dont intend to watch the anime^^

Here is a couple from your PTW and a couple off. I enjoyed them all, so I hope you do too.

Hanasaku Iroha
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Shirobako
Clannad

Clannad is best watched with the second season included.

Non-slice of life:
Haikyuu!!
Planetes
Claymore
Kuroko no Basket
BeanChagBearApr 26, 2019 4:32 PM

Good Lord, BeanChagBear just walked through the clubhouse walking perfectly normally.
He said he had “no time” to talk.
Too busy watching anime, evidently.
Apr 26, 2019 1:14 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Vapsiainen said:
Hi! I need your help since this is my first time participating in the anime watching challenge. So there is this one part of the "Novice"-section which isn't spesific enough: (N.06) Watch an anime by a director that made one of your Favorite Anime. So let's say one of my favourite animes were Made in Abyss and the director was Masayuki Kojima. Masayuki Kojima has also been the person doing the storyboard for Chobits. Can i still watch Chobits even though Kojima hasn't been the director for Chobits?

In this case, Chobits cannot be used as it does need to be a director (of any kind). Them doing the storyboard won't be valid.
Apr 26, 2019 3:06 PM

Jul 2011
@Yuki-chan276 Hello, I need a recommendation for the item (I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member
Can you give me a recommendation, please?
Apr 26, 2019 11:26 PM

Jul 2015
Hello!
So... i need help on:
Ap.29: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
I.21: Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member

I'll be saving the I.21 for the next step when i finish the Apprentice
Im hoping for the best :)
DigoligoApr 26, 2019 11:29 PM
Apr 27, 2019 1:11 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
-Nika- said:
@Yuki-chan276 Hello, I need a recommendation for the item (I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member
Can you give me a recommendation, please?

Bonjour♪Koiaji Pâtisserie
Himouto! Umaru-chan
No Game No Life

Digoligo said:
Hello!
So... i need help on:
Ap.29: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
I.21: Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member

I'll be saving the I.21 for the next step when i finish the Apprentice
Im hoping for the best :)

For I.21
Charlotte
Gakuen Babysitters
Hyouka
Apr 27, 2019 11:07 AM

Nov 2018
Any ideas for 2 and 3 please? I struggle to find good things
Apr 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
honeycrush said:
Any ideas for 2 and 3 please? I struggle to find good things

2 and 3 of what exactly? It all depends on the level.

Apr 28, 2019 5:51 AM

Jun 2009
Are you kidding me, MAL?.. I have just added Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex into my Challenge list for an anime with full English title AND THEN you immediately change it to Japanese!..
COME ON!.. That's just cruel...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Apr 28, 2019 6:37 AM

Apr 2010
T
AlexTrusk said:
Are you kidding me, MAL?.. I have just added Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex into my Challenge list for an anime with full English title AND THEN you immediately change it to Japanese!..
COME ON!.. That's just cruel...
That's totally cruel. Next time... maybe use a screenshot for next time they will decide to do weird things.

Apr 28, 2019 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
EfiChan said:
That's totally cruel. Next time... maybe use a screenshot for next time they will decide to do weird things.

Fortunately I had Death Parade as the anime with score 8 or higher, so I could simply swap them around... Lucky me, I guess...

Apr 28, 2019 5:25 PM

Aug 2013
Can I get a revision for my novice AWC level to make sure I am clear to move on?
Link to Challenge

Also as I like to plan ahead (and plan to attempt every challenge) any suggestions for:

Thanks in advance
Apr 29, 2019 3:51 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
BIGMatthew182 said:
Can I get a revision for my novice AWC level to make sure I am clear to move on?
Link to Challenge

Also as I like to plan ahead (and plan to attempt every challenge) any suggestions for:

Thanks in advance

Looks fine. Only things to change are basically the names and the listing format. Please only use the official database name. And use the
[list=1][/list]
format with [*] in front of every item.

Recs:
Gi(a)rlish Number
Made in Abyss
Sakura Trick
Apr 29, 2019 2:32 PM
Sep 2016
Just wondering, as far as i'm aware regardless of the type of anime, be it a movie, series or otherwise. All these count towards the challenge.

My question is, does hentai count?
Apr 29, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2011
I have a question about "(I.24)Watch an anime with 6 or more words in the title — excludes symbols/numbers in the title; the words must be separated by a space"

Does everything -i'm excluding symbols/numbers- separated by a space count as a word? Ex. "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren"
In this case, is 'ga' counting?
Apr 29, 2019 3:21 PM

May 2017
kawarashi123 said:
Just wondering, as far as i'm aware regardless of the type of anime, be it a movie, series or otherwise. All these count towards the challenge.

My question is, does hentai count?

Any anime genre is acceptable as long as it fits the challenge criteria.

-Nika- said:
I have a question about "(I.24)Watch an anime with 6 or more words in the title — excludes symbols/numbers in the title; the words must be separated by a space"

Does everything -i'm excluding symbols/numbers- separated by a space count as a word? Ex. "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren"
In this case, is 'ga' counting?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't count.
Apr 29, 2019 8:55 PM

Jul 2017
@Yuki-Chan276 Can you help me with this please?
(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member
Apr 30, 2019 3:47 AM

Dec 2012
Changing my forum set won't mess anything up, will it? Will I need to update my sign-up with the anime of the new avatar/sig?
Apr 30, 2019 6:38 AM

Jan 2011
Bayek said:
Changing my forum set won't mess anything up, will it? Will I need to update my sign-up with the anime of the new avatar/sig?

Yea, you will need to update the sign-up for but it would be bothersome if someone used the anime from your previous forum set... hope that "someone" saved a screenshot :D

Apr 30, 2019 7:55 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Frandro said:
@Yuki-Chan276 Can you help me with this please?
(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member

Sure~
Gotoubun no Hanayome
Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara
Shiki
Apr 30, 2019 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
Anna_Hiwatari said:
Bayek said:

Yea, you will need to update the sign-up for but it would be bothersome if someone used the anime from your previous forum set... hope that "someone" saved a screenshot :D
Hmm, would I be able to just note what my previous forum sets were? Don't wanna do in my fellow challengers like that!
Apr 30, 2019 11:45 AM

Nov 2014
Bayek said:
Anna_Hiwatari said:

Hmm, would I be able to just note what my previous forum sets were? Don't wanna do in my fellow challengers like that!
A little harsh of us and I appreciate your consideration, but don't bother with any indication of your previous forum set on your sign-up form. We specifically stated in the notes for that item that they should save a screenshot in case the user changes their forum set, so if they don't it's their loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 30, 2019 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
abhutrash said:
Bayek said:
A little harsh of us and I appreciate your consideration, but don't bother with any indication of your previous forum set on your sign-up form. We specifically stated in the notes for that item that they should save a screenshot in case the user changes their forum set, so if they don't it's their loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ahh, alright then. Condolences if anyone chose me, but I must have what the heart desires.
May 1, 2019 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
About to finish my Novice level so would be perfect if someone would like to look over it:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759336&show=450#msg56675749

Also some for this please:
29. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

May 1, 2019 6:12 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
UkePaChan said:
About to finish my Novice level so would be perfect if someone would like to look over it:

Seems good to go so far.
(character limit)
May 1, 2019 6:21 AM

Apr 2010
UkePaChan said:

4) I don't find Plastic Neesan in the list for some reason...
6) Wonder if it includes seasons, especially that's now the 2nd part of the season is airing

Recs:
Pscho-Pass
Prince of Stride
Net-juu no Susume

May 1, 2019 8:54 AM

Jan 2008
Hello! Can someone please recommend me an anime for item ap.29? No restrictions necessary!

I've also completed the Novice section, and if anyone wants to look it over you can find my post here.
May 1, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2018
Do we need to provide the url for the item?
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

May 1, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
indiglow said:
Hello! Can someone please recommend me an anime for item ap.29? No restrictions necessary!

Recommendations:
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

May 2, 2019 2:20 AM

Oct 2017
I have a question regarding (I.28) Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username.

In the description for this item it states to ignore any special characters in your username but my question is, can we ignore special characters in the name of an anime? I am wanting to know if I am able to use Show By Rock!! # as the anime for this item. My username (as you can see) is KurayamiStallion, the first character of which is K and not accounting for special characters in the anime name, is the last letter of the anime title.
May 2, 2019 4:48 AM

May 2015
Ghost in the Shell was recently renamed to Koukaku Kidoutai, do I need to edit my sign-up form? I already sent my turn-in form two weeks ago.
May 2, 2019 7:26 AM
Jan 2019
Could I have some recs for "(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member" please?

Also, some items mention a predictive search bar, but I can't find it. Any help?

Edit: One more question, while we're at it :). For E05 (Watch an anime adaptation with a score higher than its manga counterpart), is it enough if the anime's score is higher when I start watching it? Or does it still have to be higher when I finish?
DiverseUseMay 2, 2019 8:56 AM
May 2, 2019 4:53 PM

Jun 2015
Hi, i'd like some suggestion for item number 20 of Apprentice : Watch an anime with at least 3 human children as main characters

I would like it to be rather short if possible preferably ~13 ep, definitely no more than 26.

And I woud like to know if i could bypass the fact of putting Expert 8 (R+) on my anime list, i have a few people i gave the list to and i don't really want them to fall on this.

Thanks by advance

PS : I saw some asked for fast verification before continuing so i'll take it : My challenge post
BebertTentaculeMay 2, 2019 5:03 PM
May 2, 2019 5:11 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Please, don't double/triple post. Just edit your last reply

@pometlo
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=1450#msg57335262
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=1450#msg57335299

@JackRippon
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=1500#msg57357623
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=1500#msg57357632
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1760533&show=1500#msg57357638

spacecraft said:
Will Zombieland Saga be enough for novice #4 Watch an award winning anime? It won Tokyo Anime Awards 2019 according to this post. Also, do I need to have the specific award in the challenge list?

Thanks, I will confirm and add soonish if valid.

Otakugamer12 said:

If you meant to ask about adding the link for each anime used, yes. Please add them.
Note that your form needs fixing. You have broken bbcode and some anime links won't work.

KurayamiStallion said:
I have a question regarding (I.28) Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username.
In the description for this item it states to ignore any special characters in your username but my question is, can we ignore special characters in the name of an anime? I am wanting to know if I am able to use Show By Rock!! # as the anime for this item. My username (as you can see) is KurayamiStallion, the first character of which is K and not accounting for special characters in the anime name, is the last letter of the anime title.

Sure, you can use it.

Exablade said:
Ghost in the Shell was recently renamed to Koukaku Kidoutai, do I need to edit my sign-up form? I already sent my turn-in form two weeks ago.

Wait until we get to your form and you get a message about it.

DiverseUse said:
Also, some items mention a predictive search bar, but I can't find it. Any help?
Edit: One more question, while we're at it :). For E05 (Watch an anime adaptation with a score higher than its manga counterpart), is it enough if the anime's score is higher when I start watching it? Or does it still have to be higher when I finish?

The search bar is in the top right of any MAL page, below your username.
I didn't add any specification for that item, but if it finished airing, it should be okay if it changes later when you finish it. If you want to avoid any changes later on, save a screenshot.

yolenain said:
And I woud like to know if i could bypass the fact of putting Expert 8 (R+) on my anime list, i have a few people i gave the list to and i don't really want them to fall on this.

Don't do that item and use another.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 2, 2019 6:03 PM
May 2018
Can anyone recommend me a good anime around 12 episodes?
please don't hurt me I feel small now
May 2, 2019 6:41 PM

Jun 2015
DHackerFTW said:
Can anyone recommend me a good anime around 12 episodes?

Aren't you supposed to ask for sommething about a challenge? And you already have quite a lot of thing going on at this time.

In your watchlist :
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
You have Nisemonogatari but you should start with Bakemonogatari and watch them in diffusion order not chronological (so i was told)

If you wanna try something else :
Baccano!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

@SheyCroix Well look for my personnal restriction but i'll just add it at the end of challenge and remove it after validation.
BebertTentaculeMay 2, 2019 6:46 PM
May 2, 2019 10:12 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
indiglow said:

I've also completed the Novice section, and if anyone wants to look it over you can find my post here.

Ap.29
5-toubun no Hanayome
Asagao to Kase-san.
Chi's Sweet Home
Danchigai

At a glance, your sign-up seems fine. For N.29, please use the Japanese title for your favourite anime. Remember to change the colour for your difficulty name.

Otakugamer12 said:

Please do, that makes things easier on us.

KurayamiStallion said:

I'm not sure that will be allowed but I don't see why not.
@SheyCroix Your verdict, please.

Exablade said:

Please wait till you hear back from us. If you need to change it, you'll hear it from us.

DiverseUse said:
Could I have some recs for "(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member" please?

I.21
Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara
Shiki
Youjo Senki

The predictive search bar is up top on the main bar of the site. It is in the top right corner.

It should be higher than the manga, even when we check it, but as a precaution, you'd do best to take a screenshot of it (including your username) and it should be validated, even if it's not high enough anymore.
May 2, 2019 11:11 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
starfishalliance said:
For (Ap.08) Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less series:

The person I used had four roles at the time I started/finished the anime and I took a screenshot as proof, but now he has six roles. Would I still be able to use him for this item if I attach the screenshot, or is it no longer valid?

Does your screenshot show your username? If so, yes, you can use it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - Yesterday

30 by Lucifrost »»
43 seconds ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - Today

7 by -Ryu »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you would watch if it never ended

ST63LTH - Yesterday

22 by Jiya18622 »»
5 minutes ago

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

31 by zombie_pegasus »»
6 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 7 hours ago

16 by cyandaqil »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.