New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2019 6:41 PM

Sep 2018
Sword Art Online

wait actually nvm, i might watch it as a joke xd

Apr 18, 2019 6:50 PM

Jul 2016
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because it looks like your typical battle shonen, and the fans won't shut up about how it is God's gift to mankind.
Apr 18, 2019 6:50 PM

Jan 2018
Literally anything that doesn't interest me. I'm not about to list over a thousand shows, though. :P

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 18, 2019 6:52 PM

Dec 2012
One Piece and Gintama
no matter how popular, I'll never be in the mood to watch that amount of episodes
Apr 18, 2019 7:15 PM

Oct 2018
I’m never going to watch bleach, one piece, or Naruto. Not only do they not appeal to me, I’m not goong to waste hundreds of hours watching something I don’t like.
Also I’ve been putting off Yuri on Ice for the longest time now.

Apr 18, 2019 7:17 PM
Mar 2016
I can’t stand anime where sex is a frequent thing like Domestic Kanojo or Kozu no Honkai.
Apr 18, 2019 7:28 PM
May 2016
For me it’s mostly a hand full of genres
Shoujo, reverse harem, shounen ai,yaoi, josei
The account of reverse sexism/objectification is off putting
Apr 18, 2019 8:31 PM

Mar 2010
heard of Pupa and Boku no Pico . I avoid them.

Any anime with depressing story , I usually avoid\
Apr 19, 2019 1:24 AM

Oct 2010
_Hatsune said:
One Piece and Gintama
no matter how popular, I'll never be in the mood to watch that amount of episodes

While I understand that the number of episodes is intimidating, I still recommend Gintama for people who don't like long-running shows. It's super-easy to watch because it consists of either individual episodes or short and loosely connected arcs. Basically it's something perfectly fit for watching at any pace you want to set, like you can watch 10 episodes a year or 100 a month and you won't miss anything, unlike something like One Piece with long arcs and a sense of tight continuity.
jal90Apr 19, 2019 2:16 AM
Apr 19, 2019 1:36 AM

Mar 2018
Shounen ai/yaoi for now but who knows when I'll awaken to that genre ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apr 19, 2019 2:31 AM

May 2018
PsychoEkin said:
I refuse to watch the fate series because I don't like the MC.

Not sure if you are informed enough but there are several time periods + timelines + alternative universes in the Fate franchise.
So there are several MCs.
For example Fate/Zero happens before Fate/stay night and has a different MC.
Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo takes one of the Fate/Zero charatcers and makes him MC
ect
ect

MadHobbit2 said:
Basically every shounen anime ever. The genre doesn't appeal to me, and it never has. Tried watching DBZ, HxH, Bleach, and Naruto.......dropped them all after like 2 episodes, because I just couldn't stand it. The only shounen anime I enjoyed was Assassination Classroom. Everything else, I couldn't imagine myself willingly sitting through that garbage.

It's not a genre it's demography. All those you listed hating are battle shounes. They use certain formulas and storytelling structures which are characteristic mainly for the battle or the sport titles.
Other shounen titles could be drastically different.

So try searching for more diverse shounens and don't take DBZ, HxH, Bleach or Naruto as representative for 40% of all anime.
Apr 19, 2019 3:20 AM

Mar 2018
irenic said:
naruto and one piece. both way too long and i don’t want to deal with filler episodes.

Just skip the filler episodes then. You don't have to watch them.
Evangelion is shit
Apr 19, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2018
irenic said:
naruto and one piece. both way too long and i don’t want to deal with filler episodes.

hm, what about try watching one piece from episode 200 or 300? because that happen to me too, I'm also don't like one piece because how long it is but after enduring 50-100 episode it turned out one piece is one of my fav now...

Apr 19, 2019 5:53 AM

Dec 2018
I can be a extremely picky anime eater

I have a million rules, sub rules and everything in between , and well cant the anime play inside my rules i don't watch it .But that's for my cute girls anime and similar shows

Sometimes i go outside my cute girls kingdom, and then i can watch whatever ,except for any media with rape in it or torture
Apr 19, 2019 6:25 AM

Jan 2018
- Reverse Harems (I hate them)
- Love Triangle (if it's b/w 2 boys and a girl) so Shoujo.
- NTR
- Where the MC is a complete pussy like Hajimete no Gal and mostly things like that.
- Idol or Cute girls doing cute things I hate moe girls more than anything.
- Where the girl is tsundere violent bitch Zero no Tsukaima and oreimo.
Apr 19, 2019 7:02 AM
Jun 2017
Detective conan and one piece - because there's too much episode.
Jojo- some people says it started to get interesting in part 2 but nope, i still don't like it. Sorry jojo fans and my favorite manga author who loves jojo.
Apr 19, 2019 7:06 AM

Feb 2019
Jojo, I just cannot see myself enjoying it, despite everyone around me giving it high praise

Oh, and long airing shounen, looks like too much effort
Apr 19, 2019 7:09 AM

Jan 2018
For me is basically anything with rape, edgy shit, Yaoi and NTR.
I did watch helsing ultimate tho and for me it's the limit of edginess, I didn't really liked
Apr 19, 2019 7:18 AM

Aug 2013
Gintama. I'm not gonna wait 20 or 50 or 100 episodes (since the number varies greatly) for something to get gud while I could just be watching something that won't waste my time instead.

Optigisa said:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because it looks like your typical battle shonen, and the fans won't shut up about how it is God's gift to mankind.

Stardust Crusaders is garbage and I have no idea why people love it so much, but the rest is quite entertaining, especially part 2 and 4. It's not the best thing ever as the jojoheads say but I wouldn't say it's a typical battle shounen. The only one that felt that way was Stardust Crusaders and, well, it was one reason it sucked.
Apr 19, 2019 7:20 AM

Aug 2017
Boruto.

The end of Naruto is lame enough, no need for a sequel show.

Movie was great though
Apr 19, 2019 7:22 AM

May 2018
Food Wars. The copious amounts of fanservice and over-the-top ecchi scenes in the series puts me right off.
Apr 19, 2019 8:02 AM

May 2017
- One Piece: way too much to catch up... and I don’t find the art appealing to me.
- Harem
- Gintama: I get frustrated with parodies, and I can’t find a good excuse to put it in my PTW
- Most Yaoi/Shounen Ai
- Idol shows
- Most Reverse Harem
- Food Wars: can’t find the appeal of seeing people having orgasms out of food...
Apr 19, 2019 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
Any yuri and mostly shounen ai/yaoi anime

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Apr 19, 2019 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
alshu said:
PsychoEkin said:
I refuse to watch the fate series because I don't like the MC.

Not sure if you are informed enough but there are several time periods + timelines + alternative universes in the Fate franchise.
So there are several MCs.
For example Fate/Zero happens before Fate/stay night and has a different MC.
Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo takes one of the Fate/Zero charatcers and makes him MC
ect
ect

MadHobbit2 said:
Basically every shounen anime ever. The genre doesn't appeal to me, and it never has. Tried watching DBZ, HxH, Bleach, and Naruto.......dropped them all after like 2 episodes, because I just couldn't stand it. The only shounen anime I enjoyed was Assassination Classroom. Everything else, I couldn't imagine myself willingly sitting through that garbage.

It's not a genre it's demography. All those you listed hating are battle shounes. They use certain formulas and storytelling structures which are characteristic mainly for the battle or the sport titles.
Other shounen titles could be drastically different.

So try searching for more diverse shounens and don't take DBZ, HxH, Bleach or Naruto as representative for 40% of all anime.

Just a cursory glance through the first 100 results of MAL's "shounen" tag (which, btw, is listed under "genres") tells me that I won't enjoy any of these non-battle shounen either. Reading the descriptions, I don't find myself interested in them at all or wanting to watch them.
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Apr 19, 2019 8:27 AM

Jul 2007
I usually avoid:

- Ecchi
- Harem
- Josei romance
- Most slice of life
- Most CGDCT
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Apr 19, 2019 8:40 AM
Jan 2019
Anything like k-on or sugar and lightnung that feature littl girl and not doing anthing this type of show is boring to me and I will be bored to death if I trying to watch it... Seriously..
Apr 19, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
Drovac said:
promised neverland. looks like childish garbage to me.

Not any more childish than whatever other shonen, and sort of dark actually.
Apr 19, 2019 8:46 AM

Mar 2011
always avoiding harem, ecchi, isekai and idols

Apr 19, 2019 8:51 AM
Nov 2016
Most harem and ecchi and all the gay and incest stuff
Apr 19, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
I feels kind of stupid to completely refuse to watch something without knowing a single thing about it,but I can't bring myself to watch Toradora.

While I'm at it, I tend to avoid slice of life, romance,and sports anime all together.
Apr 19, 2019 9:05 AM

Feb 2015
I'm not really scared of long runners since I've watched Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. But I totally refuse to watch Saint Seiya, I fell like every episode is gonna be an eternity to complete, like that shows where not much happen in 23 minutes.
Apr 19, 2019 9:05 AM
Dec 2018
One piece and Detective Conan are way too long for me to pick up and the episode count just feels intimidating...
I think when a lot of people recommend you something all the time you just become numb to it and don't want to watch it - happened to me with Stain's Gate for example
Apr 19, 2019 9:18 AM
Nov 2018
One punch man season 2 but its manga is lit..
also the latest orochi and saitama meet up🚀🚀🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 19, 2019 9:19 AM

Mar 2019
Hmm... There's quite a few because I'm picky, but mainly...

--One Piece
--Naruto
--Fairytail
--JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
--Dragon Ball
--Shows with the old 1980s art style.
Apr 19, 2019 9:21 AM

Feb 2018
Short_Circut said:
Any very long running anime like LoGH or HxH for now at least.

Other than that, shoujo-ai/yuri, just not enjoyable for me. Would also add shounen-ai, but it actually wasn't too bad from what I've seen

I had the same opinion, that I would never watch longer running anime. But now HxH is my absolute favourite and I've started Gintama too. You should give it a try
Apr 19, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2017
MedicalMint said:
I've been told to watch FMA:B for a while now, and I just, really don't want to watch it. It just doesn't appeal to me.
Do any of y'all have an anime like this?

One Punch Man, I dropped it after 2 episodes but I honestly think I'd like it if I tried picking it up but I never will because I don't wanna
you're cool
Apr 19, 2019 9:30 AM

Jan 2019
Tokyo Ghoul Re Season 1&2, Seven Deadly Sins, Anything Ecchi, and long running series (Dragonball, Naruto, and etc.)
Apr 19, 2019 9:32 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'm definitely in the camp of not wanting to watch stuff in the triple digits. Not never just, RARELY.
Apr 19, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Anything yaoi and Guilty Crown.

For a while I refused to watch FMAB but now I am considering watching it soon.
Apr 19, 2019 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
Drovac said:
jal90 said:

Not any more childish than whatever other shonen, and sort of dark actually.

Nope. it's garbage and tries too hard.

Ah, my bad. This thread is not about shows you tried and dropped though, hence my mistake.
Apr 19, 2019 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
Anime with characters with huge, disproportionate eyes, even by anime standards usually put me off a bit.
Apr 19, 2019 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
-wut- said:
Short_Circut said:
Any very long running anime like LoGH or HxH for now at least.

Other than that, shoujo-ai/yuri, just not enjoyable for me. Would also add shounen-ai, but it actually wasn't too bad from what I've seen

I had the same opinion, that I would never watch longer running anime. But now HxH is my absolute favourite and I've started Gintama too. You should give it a try

I was the same with Gintama and that's one of my favorites as well, and I have no doubt HxH will end up being amazing, but I don't have as much time as before to commit to very long series'. Really I'm waiting to clear out some more interesting 1/2 cour shows before going for long running series'
Apr 19, 2019 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Mirai said:
One Piece because it's too long and even if I somehow happened to like it I'd rather not spend 50 years catching up

Hunter x Hunter because the MC is ugly xd

Same reason my husband wouldn't watch HxH at first, he thought MC was ridiculous looking lol. I had to lure him with a few episodes while intoxicated. Now he loves it.
However, he is vehemently against watching JoJo. He's only seen bits and pieces from when I was watching it but he finds it too over the top...
I'm a fan of One Piece and I dread picking it up again. Would be nice if they had an abridged version of One Piece, Naruto and the such. Cut out all the filler, flashbacks and needless dialogue.
Apr 19, 2019 11:10 AM

Mar 2015
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2
Accel World
Kiss x Sis
woah there
Apr 19, 2019 11:21 AM

Apr 2018
Code Geass.

I've been told to watch it so many times that I started to hate it even before the first try. When I finally tried I could not stand it for more than 5 minutes because of the art.
Apr 19, 2019 11:29 AM
Nov 2018
food wars , because it looks delicious...
Apr 19, 2019 11:46 AM
Mar 2018
I'll watch just about anything as long as it isn't above 200 episodes (exception being Urusei Yatsura since I actually want to watch that). Because I like to think of it this way, if you end up not liking it, or whatever other reason you have. You can drop it and move on.
Apr 19, 2019 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
Yuri
Reverse Harem
Sports anime that have pretty boys
Anime with no male characters, and only has female characters
Anime that have a dandere as the MC
Apr 19, 2019 1:09 PM
Apr 2019
High School DxD and School Days!
Man, the perfect torture.
Apr 19, 2019 1:59 PM

Sep 2018
Long ass animes like Bleach that have like 400 episodes and Sword Art Online.

EDIT: And Boku no pico.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

16 by Psyzzy »»
2 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

49 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 40 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

18 by Saiunknown »»
8 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

30 by Miyamotodex23 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.