Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 18, 7:52 AM

I've been told to watch FMA:B for a while now, and I just, really don't want to watch it. It just doesn't appeal to me.
Do any of y'all have an anime like this?

Apr 18, 7:56 AM

anything longer than legend of the galactic heroes

Apr 18, 7:57 AM

I don't think there's anything I outright refuse to watch. I do put things off for a very long time though.

Apr 18, 8:11 AM

Sowrd art online and most of harem nowadays

Apr 18, 8:11 AM
Boku no PicooooOHMYGOD and Yaoi in general ^^

Apr 18, 8:14 AM
No not really. But I’ve thought about watching evangelion for ages but just never feel like watching it.

Apr 18, 8:14 AM

-> harems
-> any romance with a tsundere female lead
-> edgy romance (Kuzu no Honkai,Domestic na Kanojo ...)

Apr 18, 8:19 AM

One Piece
Sword Art Online
Lots of others but those came to me first.

Apr 18, 8:19 AM

dealing with re:zero being shoved down my throat, being praised as god's gift to anime, for six straight months, was incredibly annoying, and for a while it was on my never watch list. but at this point i'd say it's off of that list, i'll watch it at some point. currently, there's no anime i refuse to watch, and it's very hard for anime to gain that status

Apr 18, 8:26 AM

There are lots of Anime that I refuse to watch.

Besides not really being into most modern Anime, I generally refuse to watch anything with a seinen/josei tag, or anything with an ecchi, horror, psychological, thriller or dementia tag.

When it comes to newer stuff, I really have to search hard to find something that I'll actually watch.

I'm a boy in a chinadress.

Apr 18, 8:27 AM

gore and horror type anime unless i watch it with someone then i will watch it

Apr 18, 8:31 AM

Any anime from ecchi, shounen ai, shoujo ai, yaoi or yuri genre.

Whatever happens, happens.

Apr 18, 8:31 AM

idk, anything I think looks like shit or just doesn't appeal to me? What good does it do to name a random example when there's probably thousands of shows like that out there?

Gentlemen will walk but never run.

Apr 18, 8:35 AM

Any series with shojo. My head hurt when I try to watch it. Same with new isekais and some harems.

Apr 18, 8:36 AM

There's nothing I'd outright refuse to watch, avoiding certain genres, studios or whatever seems needlessly limiting. Some stuff is very low priority that I'm realistically never going to watch, but nothing is set in stone.

Apr 18, 8:41 AM
Sword art online. It bores me to death.

Apr 18, 8:42 AM

I generally avoid anything isekai. I tried Overlord and a few others but just didn't like the genre.

Apr 18, 8:46 AM
Renaissance

Jojo.
I don't like jojo's art style and it is full of the kind of trash that i cannot stand.
I saw 2 episodes and some clips of it, such a waste of time imho.

Apr 18, 8:47 AM

Any very long running anime like LoGH or HxH for now at least.

Other than that, shoujo-ai/yuri, just not enjoyable for me. Would also add shounen-ai, but it actually wasn't too bad from what I've seen
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Apr 18, 8:49 AM

I refuse to watch the fate series because I don't like the MC.

I also try to avoid yaoi and reverse harem anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 18, 8:55 AM

Hellsing , I tried watching 1 ep but I dropped it in half way

Apr 18, 11:39 AM
Jojo have watched 19 episodes of stardust crusaders its fucking repetitive "stand of the week" with most asspull moments in 1 episode I'm not gonna watch it again

Apr 18, 11:41 AM
Jojo, I just dislike the art style

One Piece, too long

Apr 18, 11:44 AM

SchoolDayz said:
Jojo, I just dislike the art style

One Piece, too long

Lol, same here.

Those two are probably the only two franchises I have absolute zero interest in watching, and for the exact same reasons.

Apr 18, 11:47 AM

I think any yaoi anime...

And Ping Pong The Animation, omg i cant with this anime.

Apr 18, 11:48 AM
One Piece because it's too long and even if I somehow happened to like it I'd rather not spend 50 years catching up

Hunter x Hunter because the MC is ugly xd

Apr 18, 11:55 AM

Something like highschool of the dead. It just isn't my type.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 18, 12:08 PM

For me, it's Detective Conan.
Shit's even longer than One Piece, if you can believe it.
Plus, the character designs/art style just doesn't appeal to me at all and, from what i've read, the "main" mystery of the series will probably never be solved, for the sake of keeping the show's episodic case-of-the-week formula.

Apr 18, 12:27 PM

Plenty:

-Obvious pedo bait
-Things I've dropped and their sequels
-Things with more than 300 episodes
-Sports anime
-Magical girl anime
-shounen ai/yaoi anime
-Idol Stuff
Modified by Kruszer, Apr 18, 12:49 PM
"My only advise is when you're in the jungle shoot anything that moves, then shoot everything that doesn't move just to be sure."
-Kex (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords)

Apr 18, 12:30 PM

The rest of the Digimon Adventure Tri movies after the 4th one where i dropped it. I refuse to suffer anymore.

Apr 18, 12:35 PM

Jojo is a show I can't stand.

A friend to me, awlays trys to get me to watch the show and he links be fights scenes with more. But, I'm just like No, No, Nopp, that's not for me.

If I watched Jojo right now, I woud start up Masterchief on another monitor or something else and ignor the show to 100%.

It's not a show that is appealing for me.

Apr 18, 12:36 PM
Grim Anime Fan

None that I refuse to watch but few genres I avoid for the most part.

yaoi, shounen-ai is genre I quite avoid.

mecha,sci-fi,space,history,military is also genres I tend to avoid. More lightly though.

Apr 18, 12:44 PM
- Nothing longer than 150 episodes
- No jojos
- No idols
- Nothing too pandering

Kruszer said:
Plenty:
-Obvious pedo bait

With respect to the pedo bait thing, did any of you get those vibes from Wataten last season? Obviously there's more loli fanservice even in other shows like NGNL, but I just found the whole thing deeply uncomfortable to watch while the reddit community praised its name

Apr 18, 12:47 PM

Byophase said:
Jojo.
I don't like jojo's art style and it is full of the kind of trash that i cannot stand.
I saw 2 episodes and some clips of it, such a waste of time imho.

This makes me sad. I love Jojo's art style, it tries to closely resemble the manga. And the manga goes back many years.
I can't really blame people that hate it, at first I hated it too.

Anyway, i try not to rule out any anime provided it has at least a 7 rating. The higher the more likely I am to watch.

Apr 18, 12:48 PM
Have a nice day

Not so much a refusal to watch it, but I still can't get myself to watch Cowboy Bebop. Someday.

Apr 18, 12:50 PM
One Piece
Naruto
Tokyo Ghoul
Boku no Hero Academia

Apr 18, 12:53 PM
the way i see it is that if their is an anime that everyone recommends but you can't be arsed just get it over with so that you can say you have watched it

Apr 18, 12:54 PM

Future Diary, I dropped after episode 5 and can't even think about going through the pain of watching rest of the 21 episodes

Apr 18, 12:59 PM
As if I knew all the titles ever created a know exactly what I don't wanna watch.

Apr 18, 1:00 PM

99% of isekai
"cute girls doing cute things"
anything with any incest implications
anything with too much fanservice

Apr 18, 1:01 PM
Any of the long running shonen anime such as DBZ and Naruto etc, far too long for me.

Apr 18, 1:01 PM
Basically every shounen anime ever. The genre doesn't appeal to me, and it never has. Tried watching DBZ, HxH, Bleach, and Naruto.......dropped them all after like 2 episodes, because I just couldn't stand it. The only shounen anime I enjoyed was Assassination Classroom. Everything else, I couldn't imagine myself willingly sitting through that garbage.

Apr 18, 1:09 PM

At the moment I am refusing to watch One Piece despite its popularity and success because of how incredibly long it is. I'm trying to cut down on my watching as it is and a show with 900+ episodes is not gon help with that.

That and Angel Beats. Not that its long, but I watched the first episode and it just didn't do it for me. Anyone else feel the same way about it?
It's not like I like anime or anything.

Apr 18, 1:23 PM
I avoid watching all the anime with more than 24 episodes. Watching a large number of short anime sounds more attractive to me.

Apr 18, 2:17 PM

MedicalMint said:
I've been told to watch FMA:B for a while now, and I just, really don't want to watch it. It just doesn't appeal to me.
Do any of y'all have an anime like this?
Quite a few actually. FMAB i might actually watch though.

In general, stuff that I won't watch falls into one or more of the following categories:

1. I don't like the art style.

These include Air/Clannad/Kanon, Utena, Code Geass, and others. I know I'm passing up a bunch of acclaimed series but that doesn't really matter to me.

2. Crazy wacky anime humor.

This is just not my thing. Examples include Lucky Star, Excel Saga, and Pop Team Epic, among others.

3. Premise feels edgy or overly stylized, characters feel like assholes, or something along these lines.

This relatively vague category includes such shows as Death Note, Code Geass, Attack on Titan, Higurashi, Elfen Lied, Perfect Blue, Space Dandy, No Game No Life, Assassination Classroom, and others.

4. Fanservice.

I'm just not a fan of (sexual) fanservice as a focus. In general, I can ignore it if there's something bigger going on that lets me pay attention to that and gloss over the fanservice, but if there isn't much more than fanservice or it's overwhelming enough then I draw the line. This is probably the biggest category, and includes such shows as DearS, Valkyrie Drive, High School DxD, Keijo, Kill la Kill, KonoSuba (whose focus isn't on fanservice but comedy, but whose comedy does seem to consist of a lot of fanservice gags), Strike Witches, *monogatari, and many others.
Modified by GlennMagusHarvey, Apr 18, 9:42 PM

Apr 18, 2:23 PM
Jazz Musician

90% of harem anime. Not a fan of the genre at all.
“What are you scared of? Nothing good has ever come from fear.” – Kawabuchi Sentarou

Apr 18, 2:25 PM

Any yaoi, most shonen shit, giant mecha, sports orientated and that's about it.
Life Is Short But Intense.

Apr 18, 2:26 PM
Lol lots and lots of them. The cake probably goes to SAO, AOT, and Evangelion. Heard so much about these, that I've lost interest. :(
"When you die, everybody knows you are dead, except you. It's the same when you have shit taste."

Apr 18, 2:28 PM

anything w/ obscenely large numbers of eps.
want story w/ plot, not endless filler.

Apr 18, 2:45 PM

Yaoi, yuri and sports anime. Also any episodic animes.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »