Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 2019 4:32 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
First she was about to steal Fuutarou's lips disguised as Itsuki and now she used Miku's disguise to pull that?

Man, I was never expecting that. That was plain underhanded and I cannot say I am happy with this kind of development. I may as go now and change my quint ranking.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2019 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
This drama lol, I laughed hard seeing Ichika's face in that last page. Hopefully Fuutarou will be able to recognize her in the next chapter.
Feb 18, 2019 6:45 AM

Nov 2007
Frostbytes said:
This drama lol, I laughed hard seeing Ichika's face in that last page. Hopefully Fuutarou will be able to recognize her in the next chapter.

Earrings perhaps? They should be her giveaway. I will be bummed if he doesn't realize that it was her in the next chapter.
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2019 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
Frostbytes said:

Earrings perhaps? They should be her giveaway. I will be bummed if he doesn't realize that it was her in the next chapter.

Yeah those should be the obvious hints(also expecting that since Fuutarou is unlike other harem protagonists), but let's see.
Feb 18, 2019 9:57 AM
Feb 2016
shanimebib said:
Frostbytes said:

what exactly happened? I see that Ichika disguised herself as Miku, but I don't understand the rest
Feb 18, 2019 10:12 AM

Nov 2007
Supersky said:
shanimebib said:

what exactly happened? I see that Ichika disguised herself as Miku, but I don't understand the rest

She told Futarou that Ichika likes him and they suit each other. She pretty much took herself out of the race if there's not a good comeback.

Probably she was at her limits when Fuutarou revealed that lately he could tell Miku apart. So, maybe she is just testing him? I dunno. I am actually hurt because of her actions because I liked her.

Her popularity had already gone down considerably ever since she wanted to restrict Nino's honest and straightforward approach. Now she did something pretty underhanded disguising as Miku.
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2019 10:43 AM
Feb 2019
i want to know, what fuutarou talking about on a page 4?,
Feb 18, 2019 2:30 PM
Feb 2016
shanimebib said:
Supersky said:

She told Futarou that Ichika likes him and they suit each other. She pretty much took herself out of the race if there's not a good comeback.

Probably she was at her limits when Fuutarou revealed that lately he could tell Miku apart. So, maybe she is just testing him? I dunno. I am actually hurt because of her actions because I liked her.

Her popularity had already gone down considerably ever since she wanted to restrict Nino's honest and straightforward approach. Now she did something pretty underhanded disguising as Miku.

Damn, that sucks. Where can you tell her popularity is going down though? Also what did she do specifically to Nino cuz I can't remember
Feb 19, 2019 3:34 AM

Nov 2007
Supersky said:
shanimebib said:

Damn, that sucks. Where can you tell her popularity is going down though? Also what did she do specifically to Nino cuz I can't remember

Twitter rewteets/likes can be considered somewhat as indicators of popularity. Her popularity has really gone down since the manga official poll. I think the rise of Nino's popularity coupled with her way to detract Nino during the time in the onsen arc when Nino revealed that she found her special someone went against her. And now we have this.
Coronavirus.
Feb 19, 2019 8:28 PM

Dec 2012
Honestly this makes it more interesting. That look from Ichika when she found out she had beaten Miku's score was great, then the next chapter she was all apologetic. The turn of events now may show that that expression wasn't just a red-herring/cliffhanger.
Feb 20, 2019 10:42 PM

Jun 2015
Not a huge fan of her approach but it will probably make for some interesting stuff in the next few chapters.
:)
Feb 20, 2019 10:46 PM

Jan 2018
Well, what Ichika did is really underhanded but I don't dislike it because that's what makes it more and more interesting with each ch.

Also, I wonder how Miku will gonna react if she knows about what Ichika did.

And Ichika is becoming more yanderish though.
Feb 20, 2019 11:07 PM

Sep 2013
That was a surprisingly genuinely awful thing Ichika just did. An attempt like that goes above and beyond the other deceptive things the other girls have done.
Feb 20, 2019 11:54 PM

May 2016
Ichika just screwed herself, long-term. Technically, "Miku" was telling the truth, but it also gives the impression to Fuu that she supports Ichika, too.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 21, 2019 12:06 AM
Jun 2015
I am interested to see where this goes, because Ichika's actions do nothing to help her cause in the long run, as the truth will eventually be revealed.

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think Fuutarou is fooled by her disguise. I think he tested her with the question about the news regarding her movie, as in the last chapter (if it is any indication), it is Yotsuba who mentions Ichika's movie, not Miku. I personally hope that this is the case, so it halts this type of development and gives us what is really needed: Ichika forced to confront herself and take things seriously.
Feb 21, 2019 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Sisyphusson66 said:
I am interested to see where this goes, because Ichika's actions do nothing to help her cause in the long run, as the truth will eventually be revealed.

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think Fuutarou is fooled by her disguise. I think he tested her with the question about the news regarding her movie, as in the last chapter (if it is any indication), it is Yotsuba who mentions Ichika's movie, not Miku. I personally hope that this is the case, so it halts this type of development and gives us what is really needed: Ichika forced to confront herself and take things seriously.

Yeah just remembered it was Yotsuba who said that to him, not Miku so he is clearly testing who is pulling off that disguise.
Feb 21, 2019 2:33 AM

Aug 2013
oof
Ichika just turned into a yandere
Feb 21, 2019 2:33 AM

Mar 2017
Ichika's confession came out of nowhere (can we even call that a confession?!).
But saying that in Miku's disguise and even telling him that Ichika and he will make a great couple. Man that was too unfair to Miku. I just hope she gets busted in the next chapter.
Feb 21, 2019 3:20 AM

Jan 2011
Now this was an unexpected turn.
Feb 21, 2019 5:48 AM

Mar 2015
gotta enjoy this drama with popcorn like i do with kanojo okarashimasu. the comment should interesting at least.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 21, 2019 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
Miku ftw, he has to have noticed that this wasn't her.
Feb 21, 2019 9:06 AM
Dec 2015
shanimebib said:
Supersky said:

Twitter rewteets/likes can be considered somewhat as indicators of popularity. Her popularity has really gone down since the manga official poll. I think the rise of Nino's popularity coupled with her way to detract Nino during the time in the onsen arc when Nino revealed that she found her special someone went against her. And now we have this.

There’s an official poll?? Where can I find it?
Feb 21, 2019 9:15 AM

Mar 2015
I think Ichika is very much out of her comfort zone as I don't think what she did was something I'd expect her to do. It was still believable for her as I can see the author has demonstrated that she's gotten herself into a desperate funk in this "race" to "win" with Foutarou as the prize.

My personal thought at this time regarding who is in the wedding dress we saw in Chapter 1 will be either:

-Itsuki as I can see her sharing and also all the others impersonate her

-Somehow they all wind up in some sort of intimate relationship with Foutarou
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 21, 2019 9:42 AM

Feb 2017
oh, people show their true self in dangerous situation.
the impersonate scenario getting out of hands and i feel annoyed by those girls. im ok with the vacation arc, but more than that is annoying.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 21, 2019 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
Damn Ichikas yandere face at the end. Inb4 this turns into Shuffle

Also the way I see it, it seems Ichika is probably out of the race. This whole obsession thing is probably gonna end with her realizing the trouble she's been causing and consequently she's either gonna drop out and support the others, or peruse in a more passive sense

But who knows
Feb 21, 2019 9:50 AM
Jan 2015
Ichika...that's just playing dirty, trying to sabotage Miku for your benefit like that...Depending on how this goes Ichika might become my least favorite quintuplet :/
My Queens

Feb 21, 2019 10:12 AM

Feb 2017
their type for now
Ichika yandere
Nino kuu/tsun/hime
Miku dandere
Yotsuba deredere
Ichika tsundere

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 21, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Loved the drama, but what Ichika did at the end is somewhat uncalled for. The face she made scared me just a bit lol.
Feb 21, 2019 12:16 PM
Mar 2015
Its game on with him being the prize
Feb 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Sep 2018
Ok thats interesting and i think that because what she said there Uesugi will maybe be able to tell that its Ichika but doesnt say it or he just doesnt believe it at all kinda hyped for his reaction :)
Feb 21, 2019 1:21 PM
Feb 2016
Sisyphusson66 said:

oh shit I forgot about that!!! He's definitely testing her at this point it's clear as day. You have to focus so much on the little details the author puts into the story
Feb 21, 2019 8:31 PM
Jun 2015
Supersky said:
Sisyphusson66 said:

oh shit I forgot about that!!! He's definitely testing her at this point it's clear as day. You have to focus so much on the little details the author puts into the story

The more I think about it, the more this should be the case. Having him fooled by the disguise at the point is old hat and a plot contrivance, and it doesn't fit his interactions with Ichika, which I would argue show that of all of the sisters, she is the only one who cannot fool Fuutarou.
Feb 21, 2019 8:51 PM
Feb 2018
Well someone has finally started acting more selfish. Which is kinda cute. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Feb 21, 2019 9:29 PM
Feb 2019
theory:
Now I have not doubt that the kiss girl was Ichika, and she has a dark side hidden...

In 55: Miku tells ichika that she plans to confess futarou is she gets the highest notes of the five.
In 58: Ichika mocks miku because she ruined her plan with an evil face.
In 59: Ichika fakes that she didnt know what she did to miku. but mikus reaction is not what she expected and she repents.

In 64: In the bath,Nino notices that Ichika has injured his ankle.

In 65: Ichika gets frustated that she can stop Ninos advances (like she did with Miku´s tests scores in chap 58).
And.... Nino tells Ichika that she is planing on kiss futarou soon.

Also... bus "fake Itsuki" is Ichika(not miku) cause she has an ankle slip,
and she gets in alert when (Nino´s Itsuki) approach futarou, also, she hugs him like Ichika did once some time ago.

In 66: Yotsuba remembers how Ichika used to be mean and taking things from her
sisters, Ichika returns to this behaviour when she tooks the blanket from
yotsuba as a joke.

In 68:Miku challenges Ichika again in the sauna, So Ichika dressed as Itsuki and tries to kiss futarou just like Nino told in her in (65),
she kisses him but she gets inmediatly sad for what she did to nino.

in 69: Ichika make her evil face when asking rent(lol), and.... futarou notice something familiar with Ichika´s lips.

in 74:Ichika makes a pause when she says she can be Nino(This is because she acted like nino when she kissed futarou)
Ichika gets frustrated that futarou could saw through Miku´s disguise, and she dresses As miku to block her advances again.
So.......Ichika dark´s side is finally revealed in her last panel.
chivas135Feb 22, 2019 5:19 AM
Feb 21, 2019 10:08 PM
Jun 2015
chivas135 said:
theory:
Now I have not doubt that the kiss girl was Ichika, and she has a dark side hidden...

In 55: Miku tells ichika that she plans to confess futarou is she gets the highest notes of the five.
In 58: Ichika mocks miku because she ruined her plan with an evil face.
In 59: Ichika fakes that she didnt know what she did to miku. but mikus reaction is not what she expected and she repents.

In 64: In the bath,Nino notices that Ichika has injured his ankle.

In 65: Ichika gets frustated that she can stop Ninos advances (like she did with Miku´s tests scores in chap 58).
And.... Nino tells Ichika that she is planing on kiss futarou soon.

Also... bus "fake Itsuki" is Ichika(not miku) cause she has an ankle slip,
and she gets in alert when (Nino´s Itsuki) approach futarou, also, she hugs him like Ichika did once some time ago.

In 66: Yotsuba remembers how Ichika used to be mean and taking thing from her sisters, Ichika returns
to this behaviour when she tooks the blanket from yotsuba as a joke.

In 68:Miku challeges Ichika again in the sauna, So Ichika dressed as Itsuki and tries to kiss futarou just like Nino told in her in (65),
she kisses him but she gets inmediatly sad for what she did to nino.

in 69: Ichika make his evil face when asking rent(lol), and.... futarou notice something familiar with Ichika´s lips.

in 74:Ichika makes a pause when she says she can be Nino(This is because she acted like nino when she kissed futarou)
Ichika gets frustrated that futarou could saw through Miku´s disguise, and she dresses As miku to block her advances again.
So.......Ichika dark´s side is finally revealed in her last panel.

I agree that Ichika was the one that kissed him, she is the only one that would have made a lot of sense at the time. But I don't think Ichika has that much of a dark side, and if anything it is more her own cowardice than anything sinister. Her confession as Miku and the attempts to discourage Nino were not premeditated, they were on the fly. Instead, I think that her faces during those scenes are those when she is trying to lie/deceive/mislead. She is a decent actress, but when she is trying to lie, it shows.
Feb 23, 2019 7:49 AM

Feb 2012
Dang Ichika, whyd you have to do that dirty trick? After Miku, I was rooting for you!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 24, 2019 2:16 PM
Feb 2019
Frostbytes said:
Sisyphusson66 said:

Yeah just remembered it was Yotsuba who said that to him, not Miku so he is clearly testing who is pulling off that disguise.

When did Yotsuba say that to him? i dont remember :O
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Feb 25, 2019 3:58 AM
Apr 2015
I hope he'll notice the difference between Ichika and Miku especially tyat earring of hers. This may be Ichika's way of testing if Fuutarou has the "Love" to identify Miki from the rest.
Feb 25, 2019 6:20 AM
Apr 2014
Short_Circut said:
Damn Ichikas yandere face at the end. Inb4 this turns into Shuffle

Also the way I see it, it seems Ichika is probably out of the race. This whole obsession thing is probably gonna end with her realizing the trouble she's been causing and consequently she's either gonna drop out and support the others, or peruse in a more passive sense

But who knows

I was thinking the same, kaede was scary
Feb 25, 2019 8:39 AM

May 2012
I think that MC-kun did know that it was Ichika disguised as Miku as others have pointed out some evidence and also just adding in my own little theory here.

MC-kun has constantly been calling Ichika a liar, even when he congratulates her this chapter he says that now she's a full fledged liar, and at the end i think that Ichika was aware that MC-kun knew who she was, why ? cuz MC-kun was kind of confirming her identity with the "It's a lie right" i don't think he meant it as in "it's a lie that you Miku know that Ichika loves me" but probing if Ichika was fucking around like always, that's also why Ichika replies at the end with a big happy "It's not a lie"

So she confessed her love in her own way ? i think ? i hope actually .... cuz i really like her.

Still i know it's kind of underhanded but ... idk it seems planned and MC-kun was just boasting about how he was able to know who Miku was.

I really like Ichika and i'm sure it was either her or Miku who kissed him and i'm really fine with both.

But cmon ..... we all know that Nino is best fiery girl, am i right, or am i right folks?

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Feb 27, 2019 5:42 AM
Jun 2017
Ichika, what the fuck?
NeinTailsMar 1, 2019 9:33 AM
Feb 27, 2019 10:49 AM
Jan 2019
NeinTails said:
Nino, what the fuck?
It was Ichika, by the way.
Mar 1, 2019 9:33 AM
Jun 2017
Zyrph said:
NeinTails said:
Nino, what the fuck?
It was Ichika, by the way.

Oh shit. Yeah, Ichika.
Mar 1, 2019 11:49 AM
Feb 2019
Altay545 said:
I think that MC-kun did know that it was Ichika disguised as Miku as others have pointed out some evidence and also just adding in my own little theory here.

MC-kun has constantly been calling Ichika a liar, even when he congratulates her this chapter he says that now she's a full fledged liar, and at the end i think that Ichika was aware that MC-kun knew who she was, why ? cuz MC-kun was kind of confirming her identity with the "It's a lie right" i don't think he meant it as in "it's a lie that you Miku know that Ichika loves me" but probing if Ichika was fucking around like always, that's also why Ichika replies at the end with a big happy "It's not a lie"

So she confessed her love in her own way ? i think ? i hope actually .... cuz i really like her.

Still i know it's kind of underhanded but ... idk it seems planned and MC-kun was just boasting about how he was able to know who Miku was.

I really like Ichika and i'm sure it was either her or Miku who kissed him and i'm really fine with both.

But cmon ..... we all know that Nino is best fiery girl, am i right, or am i right folks?

You are right my friend :D
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 3, 2019 5:02 PM
Sep 2018
Ok up to now, Miku and Ichika have been playing checkers. Ichika just started playing freaking chess. Nino's still playing 3D chess tho.
Mar 10, 2019 4:03 PM
Aug 2014
that's real low man
Mar 12, 2019 3:12 AM
Nov 2016
Wow that line at the last panel was pretty bold of her. For some reason I got that yandera mode vibe from when she said that confessions
Mar 23, 2019 5:41 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
She's desperate. She's seen how Nino and Miku keep getting bolder and bolder and she cannot get herself to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 31, 2019 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
applause who does the last panel..it sure is hilarious...ichika,,, well things are going haywire
Apr 11, 2019 5:36 AM

Nov 2016
Yandere mode on xD

Shit yo, Ichika is doing whatever it takes, but hey, all is fair in love and war.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.