Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For a pilot this was actually pretty intense and interesting! They sure took the best parts to showcase that would later then be integrated in the OVA! Pretty solid but nothing too great either.
Jan 28, 2019 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
How come its air date is like ten years after OVA aired? Wouldn't this have been from 1988?

But man, I thought I was tripping when I noticed Lemnear's face/hair looked different from the final product.
Jan 28, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2018
Huh, so they finally added this entry.
Not surprised, though. It’s pretty obscure.
Jan 28, 2019 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
Lil-Bird said:
How come its air date is like ten years after OVA aired? Wouldn't this have been from 1988?.
The air-date is not creation date.

Pilots are usually internal test pieces, not released to the public.
Many many many anime have pilots, and 99% never get scene by the public.

The air-date is the air-date.
At a later time as a special bonus in a DVD it was decided to include the pilot.

This discordance with air and creation dates is especially obvious with Lupin VIII
Released "2012" but looks like it's from the 80's - because it is. Details under `more-info`.

edit: btw here is a source for anyone who wants it. it's included with OnDeed's release of the feature film.
mtsRheaJan 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Jan 28, 2019 8:58 PM

Dec 2015
Interesting to see the variations in design.

Enjoyment: 3/5
Score: 5/10
Jan 29, 2019 3:23 AM

Jul 2016
Lil-Bird said:
How come its air date is like ten years after OVA aired? Wouldn't this have been from 1988?

But man, I thought I was tripping when I noticed Lemnear's face/hair looked different from the final product.

Unrelated - I found Sailor Victory from going through your list. Love it. Thank you.

Jan 29, 2019 7:43 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
god shes fucking sexy... but

i don't like the change in her face in this pilot lol

Jan 29, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
mutsuto said:
The air-date is not creation date.

Pilots are usually internal test pieces, not released to the public.
Many many many anime have pilots, and 99% never get scene by the public.

The air-date is the air-date.
At a later time as a special bonus in a DVD it was decided to include the pilot.

This discordance with air and creation dates is especially obvious with Lupin VIII
Released "2012" but looks like it's from the 80's - because it is. Details under `more-info`.

edit: btw here is a source for anyone who wants it. it's included with OnDeed's release of the feature film.

Ah, alright, I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

mutsuto said:
Unrelated - I found Sailor Victory from going through your list. Love it. Thank you.

Lmao you're welcome XD. I'm unfamiliar with the source of your avatar, but I love the Pacha meme.
Jan 29, 2019 10:27 AM

Jul 2016
Lil-Bird said:
I'm unfamiliar with the source of your avatar, but I love the Pacha meme.
It's Mushiking, baby.
You can grab episodes here.

Feb 6, 2019 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
It was nice, made want to re-watch the OVA.
Feb 17, 2019 9:33 PM

Jun 2015
mutsuto said:

All I'm getting is "Lain is sleeping! don't wake her!" when I follow that link. Does anyone know where this is viewable?
Feb 18, 2019 2:35 AM

Jul 2016
Effete said:
mutsuto said:

All I'm getting is "Lain is sleeping! don't wake her!" when I follow that link. Does anyone know where this is viewable?
Tis a limitation of catbox hosting when a file hasn't been viewed in a while. Takes some time to wake up. Check back tomorrow and should work.

Else, as I said before, go for OnDeed's release of the full feature film on nyaa.

Feb 18, 2019 5:34 AM

Jun 2015
mutsuto said:
Tis a limitation of catbox hosting when a file hasn't been viewed in a while. Takes some time to wake up. Check back tomorrow and should work.

Else, as I said before, go for OnDeed's release of the full feature film on nyaa.

Ah, thank you very much for the info.
May 31, 2020 7:48 PM

Sep 2011
I found mine on YouTube.
I wish more anime did pilots, I like watching pilots as a start to new series so I know what I'm getting myself into. This one has some good action, and I'm looking forward to the OVA.
I want to sleep...
Jul 13, 2021 3:47 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 9, 2022 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
After watching the pilot, I'm glad for the change on Lemnear's design. She looked more distinctive on the final piece. Also, that throne room with the statues seemed kinda cool, it's a shame they scrapped that off.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.