Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 27, 2018 9:23 AM

Dec 2016
MAL never ceases to surprise me, I guess?
I mean, this show is rather good Mono/Oreiro improvement with an amazing MC.

What's the difference?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2018 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
It's too high actually. Stop overhyping.

Dec 27, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
Definitely in the running for AOTY!
Dec 27, 2018 11:45 AM

Sep 2017
I'm actually happy about the score. From start to finish I was invested into this anime. Definitely my pic for anime of the year
Are we really gonna make it..?
Dec 27, 2018 12:21 PM
Oct 2018
Thoi_Manh said:
It's too high actually. Stop overhyping.

Nah, man. Lots of people really enjoyed the series and thus scored it accordingly. Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much, but people have different tastes.
Dec 27, 2018 12:28 PM
Aug 2008
First mini-arc was good. Rest of episodes was pure shit, 5 mini-arcs about nothing and ending was shit. I was waiting for some good ending and conclusion of whole plot but there was nothing not even one kiss for MC. This series should die.
Dec 27, 2018 12:31 PM

Jun 2017
Calm down, people have different tastes and already 3/4 of top reviews are negative ones
Dec 27, 2018 12:32 PM
Oct 2017
Wojtini21 said:
First mini-arc was good. Rest of episodes was pure shit, 5 mini-arcs about nothing and ending was shit. I was waiting for some good ending and conclusion of whole plot but there was nothing not even one kiss for MC. This series should die.

Maybe you dont know but the open ending is on purpose, there is a movie already confirmed and it will get another season probably or at least an spin-off
Dec 27, 2018 12:35 PM
Apr 2017
If you don't like it, give it as many score as you want. We like it, give it as many score as we want.

Dec 27, 2018 12:38 PM
Oct 2017
mhkr said:
Calm down, people have different tastes and already 3/4 of top reviews are negative ones

Its funny, idk why people gets so salty about a f*** show, that is just meant to entertain people, not piss them off.
If they dont like it probably the best option for them its idk just not watch the things that they dont like, sound crazy right?
I dont like JoJo's, i dont understand why people like it so much, but instead of go to everywhere talking shit about JoJo's i rather watch an anime that fits better my taste.
Maybe i'm crazy but i think that people actually can enjoy things without the need of throwing shit at thigs they dont like
Dec 27, 2018 12:43 PM

Jul 2017
8.67 is a fine score for this show, given the last 2 arcs
Dec 27, 2018 12:52 PM
May 2017
mhkr said:
3/4 of top reviews are negative ones

Cause Monogatari fans want to remind everyone why people used to find them so toxic.
Dec 27, 2018 1:54 PM
Nov 2018
Short_Circut said:
8.67 is a fine score for this show, given the last 2 arcs

It was 8.63 just after it finished airing and i think that number was beautiful for this show, now it has an 8.67 that seems like out of nowhere.
Dec 27, 2018 2:02 PM

Jul 2017
LMAO. I see what u did there >.>
Dec 27, 2018 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
well i see what u did there
but show was rather mediocre

Well...
Dec 27, 2018 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
See what you did there.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 2:43 PM

Aug 2017
VE is shit yet nobody complain about the score.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 27, 2018 2:44 PM
Apr 2016
I don't really understand myself why it's sooo high, in my opinion should be top 150~
Dec 27, 2018 2:51 PM

Oct 2010
Nurguburu said:
VE is shit yet nobody complain about the score.

Because it's not the Winter 2018 season. It had tons of complaints at the time.
Dec 27, 2018 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely my AOTY. However I still gave it a 9/10. 10/10's are rare for me, and while it could have qualified, I felt that the last few episodes were rather cheap in some ways. Especially the finale was a bit of a mess:

"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 27, 2018 3:32 PM

Dec 2015
WaterLord said:
Loathsome said:

Afloo said:
See what you did there.

Wait, what he did? What am I missing? Some1 explain it to me
Dec 27, 2018 3:34 PM

Jul 2017
ChuuritsuTv said:
WaterLord said:
Loathsome said:

Afloo said:
See what you did there.

There is a thread that has an opposite title to this one, this one is a troll lol. You can search for it on Bunny Girl Senpai discussion threads.
Dec 27, 2018 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Still-a-Casual said:
mhkr said:

Cause Monogatari fans want to remind everyone why people used to find them so toxic.

I haven't watched this show but only one out of all the negative reviews on front page referenced monogatari as a reason for why bunny girl was bad.
Dec 27, 2018 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
ChuuritsuTv said:
WaterLord said:
Loathsome said:

Afloo said:
See what you did there.

This thread is a Parody of this one: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1757086

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2018 4:27 PM
Oct 2018
Naxrrhid said:
Definitely in the running for AOTY!

Laidback camp would beat the shit out of this for the AOTY award lmfao
Dec 27, 2018 4:59 PM

Jan 2017
Still-a-Casual said:
mhkr said:

That made me die of laughter, those damn Monogatari fans say that Bunny Girl Senpai is overhyped which it is, but they overhype the hell out of Monogatari and I was disappointed when I watched it. Good show, but not nearly as good as they say
you're cool
Dec 27, 2018 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
Ayy that topic being a parody of another topic... xD Top kek, mate.

It's good to see it, though, even if it was planned to be a joke. If somebody complains on too high score (in his/her oppinion) of something, then another person has the right to do the same about too low (in his/her oppinion) score of something.
Dec 27, 2018 5:28 PM

Jul 2016
My main problem with this show is that the characters don’t really seem like friends. With the exception of mai I don’t understand why anyone spends time with the main guy.

The characters look to similar.

The girls are never able save themselves but only by getting attention from the guy.

It’s not nearly as interesting as any part of monogatari.
Dec 27, 2018 6:17 PM

Mar 2017
Tapertrain said:
My main problem with this show is that the characters don’t really seem like friends. With the exception of mai I don’t understand why anyone spends time with the main guy.

The girls are never able save themselves but only by getting attention from the guy.

Shinobu was gonna extinct the whole human race just because Araragi couldn’t manage to find her and you’re saying that the girls, in Bunny Girl, are never able to save themselves...
Dec 27, 2018 6:30 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Of the 17 shows that I started this season, Bunny Girl ends as the #2 rated show of the season for me behind Slime.

Personally, I love how the 4 main characters (Mai, Sukata, Futaba, and Kunimi) are so mentally stable. The interaction between Sakuta and Mai reminds me of the interaction between Josh Hartnett and Lucy Liu's characters in the movie Lucky Number Slevin - it's also great that they both continue making sacrifices for each other - that is the sign of a truly great couple. Mai Sakurajima also made it into my favorite character list.
Dec 27, 2018 6:44 PM
Apr 2017
SparkingVolt said:
That made me die of laughter, those damn Monogatari fans say that Bunny Girl Senpai is overhyped which it is, but they overhype the hell out of Monogatari and I was disappointed when I watched it. Good show, but not nearly as good as they say

Right? Like it's fine not to like Bunny Girl Senpai. But the hate reviews, and the hate posts, all the snide comments because it's not Monogatari is ridiculous. Not everyone thinks Monogatari is some great masterpiece, hell I take the first 3 episodes of Bunny Girl Senpai over anything I saw in Bakemonogatari. Some people need to learn to live and let live.

Actually I think these people should log into reddit and see what's happening there
Dec 27, 2018 7:01 PM

Oct 2007
Don't worry, by this time next month, no one will remember who Mai is. Just another seasonal filler series.
Dec 27, 2018 7:16 PM
Feb 2016
Well, for me, the score is a little bit too high but it's in the range of acceptable. I like and enjoy the show, but maybe not as much as most people and not so hate it as some group of people.

I kind of annoyed about how the show is so rushed, it could have been better if it weren't this rushed, but, again, the depression of Sakuta at the last episode is so relatable.
Dec 27, 2018 7:24 PM

Apr 2018
Ahahhaha I see what u're doing.
Anyway I actually think the current score fits the show pretty well.
8.5 is exactly what I'd give to it if mal allowed decimal numbers in the score.

Btw am I really the only one who likes both bunny girl and monogatari? (I pref monogatari but I think they're both pretty good)
Kinda sad to see the fanbase of two show I really like shitting on each other, what about talking about what is good of the one u like instead of what's bad of the one u dislike?
Dec 27, 2018 7:29 PM
Apr 2017
Kuromii said:
Don't worry, by this time next month, no one will remember who Mai is. Just another seasonal filler series.

I bet you if they forget Bunny Girl Senpai after 1 month, they don't know what Haruhi is after 3 days
Dec 27, 2018 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
It's just how MAL works. That's why I'm in a love-hate relationship with this site.
Also, there are people like that top review on the page thinking that the show is bland and mediocre (even calling Sakuta an straight-up asshole...wut)...which I can understand when I look at it from a different perspective. I mean, I'll be fair, I think one particular issue I see is that people are trying to call it out for copyrighting the Monogatari series.....when it really doesn't. Monogatari does have a similar set of characters and arc format, but the themes are FAR FAR different.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed this A LOT more than the Monogatari series. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Monogatari series, too, but quite a lot of stuff from it just didn't sit right with me, like with how certain arcs are played out, and how certain characters are depicted. Also, Monogatari, in my opinion, relies quite a lot on appealing with supernatural or visual appeal, while Bunny Girl Senpai actually didn't really have a good animation budget to begin with.

There's also the issue of "realism". The thing is that....in the end, it's another fictional work. How much realism do we actually want in a show, and does it really matter that much or not in terms of deciding for ourselves if a show is good or not? People just have individually different interpretations of that.

Lastly, it's a rom-com. Rom-coms as an anime show type are quite ubiquitous, and thus will be inevitably subjected to a lot of different perspectives. I mean, Ore Seishun, often compared to Bunny Girl Senpai as well, actually mean quite a lot of criticism as well, tbf.

And then there's the awkward CG of the people in the background, which reflects back to the setbacks with the animation budget...which other than that, the anime still did really well with for the most part.

Hopefully that answers some stuff, if not most, of the inquiries here.
Dec 27, 2018 8:26 PM

Mar 2016
HunterGhoul said:
Kuromii said:

I bet you if they forget Bunny Girl Senpai after 1 month, they don't know what Haruhi is after 3 days

Those people just have the memory comparable to that of a goldfish. I'm just saying xD
Dec 27, 2018 8:27 PM

Mar 2016
vhagar8 said:
Ahahhaha I see what u're doing.
Anyway I actually think the current score fits the show pretty well.
8.5 is exactly what I'd give to it if mal allowed decimal numbers in the score.

Btw am I really the only one who likes both bunny girl and monogatari? (I pref monogatari but I think they're both pretty good)
Kinda sad to see the fanbase of two show I really like shitting on each other, what about talking about what is good of the one u like instead of what's bad of the one u dislike?

Me too, man...I like both, though I enjoyed Bunny Girl Senpai a bit more, personally. Monogatari was a weird experience, but a very fun one, nonetheless.
Dec 27, 2018 8:29 PM

Jul 2016
LethoOfGulet said:
Tapertrain said:

Shinobu was gonna extinct the whole human race just because Araragi couldn’t manage to find her and you’re saying that the girls, in Bunny Girl, are never able to save themselves...

Shinobu decided to stop being a hermit on her own. She also chose between her old and new minion's. Koyomi guides the characters rather than save them.
Dec 27, 2018 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
Still-a-Casual said:
SparkingVolt said:

Right? Like it's fine not to like Bunny Girl Senpai. But the hate reviews, and the hate posts, all the snide comments because it's not Monogatari is ridiculous. Not everyone thinks Monogatari is some great masterpiece, hell I take the first 3 episodes of Bunny Girl Senpai over anything I saw in Bakemonogatari. Some people need to learn to live and let live.

Monogatari is really good, but not a masterpiece, imo. Yea I feel the same, I do like both shows, and it makes me facepalm to see the two fanbases try to go at it.
Dec 27, 2018 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
Tapertrain said:
LethoOfGulet said:

Shinobu decided to stop being a hermit on her own. She also chose between her old and new minion's. Koyomi guides the characters rather than save them.

No, he's had to save them quite often.
Dec 27, 2018 9:45 PM

Oct 2013
Score is almost on-point if you ask me, at least by MAL standards - alright, perhaps a a tiny winy bit too high.

It was a solid anime overall:

- Great 1st arc
- Great interactions between Sakuta and Mai
- Mai has a strong presence in all arcs, unlike other similar guy-solves-girls'-problems LN adaptations, where the main love interest is either picked in the last arc, because it's last so izi-er, chosen early on then ignored for the rest of the arcs,or there's pussy out completely and there's no romantic interest at all.
- The rest of the arcs were hit & miss I supposed, I myself enjoyed most besides the last.

Yea, Kaede's arc was lacking. Needed a bit more time to show how she adapts to everything she missed in the past 2 years, especially meeting Mai-san. If you ain't gonna show that, then AT LEAST don't be dicks and cockblock a freaking kiss at the end, damn bastards.

ManlyTearDec 27, 2018 9:48 PM
Dec 27, 2018 11:43 PM

Jul 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Tapertrain said:

No, he's had to save them quite often.

giive an example please!

He could only temporarily save a few of them.
Dec 28, 2018 12:21 AM
Nov 2015
Score ?

Get the fuck out from here there many romance school love anime like this.

Overrated mainstream anime show, derp normies.
Dec 28, 2018 1:23 AM

Jul 2012
Overrated as fuck tbh. Should be around 7.7
Dec 28, 2018 1:43 AM

Nov 2011
Do we really a need thread every single time an anime got more score than you think it deserve? God damn it. It's not like it rank higher than FMA Brotherhood.

Dec 28, 2018 2:06 AM

Apr 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
Do we really a need thread every single time an anime got more score than you think it deserve? God damn it. It's not like it rank higher than FMA Brotherhood.

The tread says "not high enough", he isn't complaing about an anine he doesn't like getting an higher score than he thinks it deserves, he's actually trolling the ones who do so...
Dec 28, 2018 3:57 AM
Nov 2018
Excuse me, wtf? It is highly fucking overrated, stop the cringest anime overhyped
Dec 28, 2018 3:59 AM
Nov 2018
redcobra said:
Score ?

Get the fuck out from here there many romance school love anime like this.

Overrated mainstream anime show, derp normies.
yeah, why people love this shit so much
Dec 28, 2018 5:22 AM

Feb 2018
omg i liked this anime from the start , but cmon its OVERRATED af .... it shouldn't be >8 ....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Apr 25, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.