Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 22, 2018 5:47 PM

Sep 2016
Wow I really like Episode 19, especially the timing of the music/soundtrack, I hope they will make the rest of the episodes like this

Sometimes... I think that the Episode Director for Ep8,16,19 is the director of the OG steins;gate XD
Aug 22, 2018 5:57 PM
Jun 2017
Ohh yeah!!! Time leap machine is back!!! And so again okabe will be going through the same scene of seeing those things. Well lets see what will happen on the next remaining episodes...
Aug 22, 2018 7:08 PM
Dec 2012
i wonder how Suzuha knows the operation called Operation Arclight in the second half of this episode?
from what I rememeber in the episode 17, she received D-mail from future Daru about Operation Arclight right before the soldiers attack and in this episode she already know about this operation. So is she in this second half of the episode already had received D-mail too before Okabe come?
Aug 22, 2018 8:18 PM

Nov 2016
Aug 22, 2018 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
NANACHl said:

Why do you read spoilers if you are Anime Only? You shouldnt know about that detail and it will be explained in next episode.
Hint: Rewatch 18 what Leskinen tries to do and think about the true ending of S;G.
Aug 22, 2018 8:42 PM

Nov 2016
Ill rewatch ep 18 again thanks for the hint!
Aug 22, 2018 8:49 PM

Jan 2015
I saw somebody say somewhere recently, that Steins;Gate was ‘crap’, and shouldn’t be ‘bothered with’... And I’m just sitting here, thoroughly engrossed in everything that is going on, thinking, ‘Yea right, if your brains are diarrhea’. Cuz, sorry / not sorry — this show is killing it! It is, to me, nothing short of amazeballs, every single episode. This one, being no exception! Just, wow!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 22, 2018 9:54 PM

Jul 2016
adillen said:
i wonder how Suzuha knows the operation called Operation Arclight in the second half of this episode?
from what I rememeber in the episode 17, she received D-mail from future Daru about Operation Arclight right before the soldiers attack and in this episode she already know about this operation. So is she in this second half of the episode already had received D-mail too before Okabe come?
Well I think that's the only explanation we can assume, they already got it. Also, just like how Reyes is earlier compare to last episode, then Kagari came along with Leskinen and troops.
Aug 22, 2018 10:11 PM
Aug 2013
WOW, another crazy good episode (imo). It saddens me that so many people are berating this anime because they don’t understand what’s going on. It’s like Infinity War all over again. I personally like taking my brain to try and find a reason for the events that happen.
Anyway, crazy episode here. Convergence effect causing the time machine to always be destroyed, Mayuri’s and Suzuha’s deaths always occurring? (Still unknown) and the twist here - the professor somehow already knew that Okabe was headed to the Radio Building. How? My guess has to be that there was some kind of surveillance on Daru and Maho, and they either heard everything or got suspicious that Rintaro took off in such a hurry after talking to them. Or the future professor told the present professor how everything would go down theoruhh Kagari. I’m still wondering about that one girl who hurt her hand several episodes back, coincidentally as one from the group that was after Makise’s laptop also hurt their hand during that incident. I haven’t forgotten!!! But yes, great episode, Rintaro now knows that the female professor is in cahoots with our villain professor. And now once again he’s prepared to break himself in order to reaching Steins;Gate. Fantastic couple of episodes so far!!
I just wonder how the professor’s group knew where the time machine was the first time... I feel like they explained it but I’m still a bit confused on that part. Also, if Suzuha received that D-mail from future Daru, doesn’t that mean hey succeeded? That happens an episode ago and I’ve been thinking about it ever since.
Aug 22, 2018 11:32 PM
Jul 2018
Gotta say this was another pretty good episode and S;G 0 comes back to the edge. (last ep wasn't bad either aside predictable villain reveals) There has a feel that I experience during watching original show and S;G story best at this instead of average sol ep which have been for long time in the midst which I think they could have shorten the overall length of the show by removing them. Looks like delay kicks up and thats fine by me.

BTW, I think if Okabe time travel back then he shouldn't meet Mayuri when she goes to time travel machine since meeting them cost their time and Okabe by now know the Mayuri's intention going back..
removed-userAug 22, 2018 11:35 PM
Aug 23, 2018 12:02 AM

Oct 2011
The epicness is finally beginning. I hope they explain why in the early episodes there were time leaps not caused by Okarin

Aug 23, 2018 1:06 AM
Sep 2017
This show spent 18 episodes in grief. Now that it wants to do something relevant it can't LMFAO.

The action is poop and the story makes too much use of coincidences and extraordinary events to advance the plot; those are the symptoms of bad writing and lack of creativity.

But oh well, fangirls (yea, nobody with some common sense would rate this show above 3) will rate this a +9.
Aug 23, 2018 3:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! It truly brought back the feelings from the original series, this episode, and finally it is about time we get started with all the time travelling and scientific explanations.

Damn, those recurring failures to save Mayuri comes to mind and I’m expecting a similar tragedy to befall upon Okarin and co. Okabe though, suddenly snapping back was brilliant to see, albeit being a little shocking of sorts, and the touching scene he had with Mayuri was short but heartwarming. Steins;Gate sure doesn’t give Okabe some long-lasting happiness, by the looks of it thus far. I’m curious to know what’s the convergence this time around but I’m guessing it’s exactly what Okabe speculates.

Needless to mention, I’m looking to forward to the next epsiode! It’s a pity that the episode will air a couple of weeks from now, instead of next week, but as long as the show delivers, I’m totally with it! Here’s to hoping we get to see the best of Steins;Gate in the remaining episodes of Steins;Gate 0.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 23, 2018 3:35 AM

Aug 2017
did the post credits scene foreshadow the time leap machine not working? Also glad to see the improvement in quality from the last episode, hope it stays like this
Aug 23, 2018 4:11 AM

Jan 2012
_MushiRock11_ said:
Needless to mention, I’m looking to forward to the next epsiode! It’s a pity that the episode will air a couple of weeks from now, instead of next week, but as long as the show delivers, I’m totally with it! Here’s to hoping we get to see the best of Steins;Gate in the remaining episodes of Steins;Gate 0.

next episode is the most ambitious of 0, so its a good thing they werent happy with the results yet and decided to postpone it. But yeah the waiting for this one will be tough.
Aug 23, 2018 4:16 AM

Aug 2015
Immow said:
So the Telephone msg thingy sends a msg 48 hours or so back in time, then all they have to do is make a new Telephone machine right away and gain time that way and thus you can break the loop before it even starts because of the time frame they have to work in. But I gues thats too realistic :P

No. The time-leap goes back 48 hours in the past each time.
D-mail can go many years in the past.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 23, 2018 4:24 AM

Jan 2011
just compare this ep with the season 1 ep when okabe kept on loosing mayuri and couldn't do shit about it...it is nowhere near in terms of hopelessness and feel. This season is pure ass
Aug 23, 2018 4:37 AM
Sep 2017
About time S;G 0... aboutndamn time! I have been waiting for this moment since like halfway through the series! Ahhhh! It just brings back to much of the original vibe i can't I labit
Aug 23, 2018 4:39 AM

Jun 2016
I think thanks to ep 19 I get the zero in the S;G 0. Okabe goes on a time leaping hunting, only to realize that he stumps across a myriad of converges going wrong and everything is for naught. Also, the after credits scene implies that the time leap machine gets broken? Cause I see a lot of zeros in the time. Ep 19 was definitely much more better than ep 18.
***roaming the vast anime universe***
Aug 23, 2018 4:41 AM

Nov 2014
I'm confused. Didn't Maho need an explanation of how to send the memories back before, how was she able to create the time leap machine without Okarin explaining it to her?

Also, I'd like to think that being held hostage at gun point warrants a little explanation as to how he got back to the lab unscathed...

TimeTraveler- said:
just compare this ep with the season 1 ep when okabe kept on loosing mayuri and couldn't do shit about it...it is nowhere near in terms of hopelessness and feel. This season is pure ass
I'm guessing a lot of the impact of constantly losing Mayuri was particularly painful because you really see her die on screen. A missile blast where the death is out of sight don't quite hit the point home.

I suspect a lot of the tension in season 1 came from us not knowing how the story portrays time travel. Heck even earlier in the original, we didn't have a clue what was going on when Kurisu just popped out of nowhere after we saw her die, we were mind blown because we just didn't know it was a time travel anime.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 23, 2018 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
TimeTraveler- said:

Theres no need to compare it.

18 already explained the time machine is in convergence and its not about a character dieing or not, but rather the unknown nature of the time machine.
Something you already knew unlike S;G, which set the rules up and 0 expands that knowledge, by building on top of it.

If you still think this is S;G and rehashes this just to make the same point, you will rather wake up in a bad dream next episode.
Aug 23, 2018 5:16 AM

Jul 2014
And now the real Steins;Gate is back. The way Zero has approached things up to now has mostly worked (although the show has sometimes bit off more than it could chew), but getting back to the time leaps is going to increase the tension drastically and keeps things flowing going into these important final few episodes. A massive shame that, just as the show's really getting good again, there's no episode next week.
Aug 23, 2018 5:20 AM

Nov 2016
Big improvement compared to some of the previous episodes. Hope they're making good use of the upcoming break for the final episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2018 5:39 AM

May 2015
Are they really going to invent time machine in 4 episodes and solve all the problems?
Really, building time machine for the first time is what I was excited to see in this season, and now I feel like they'll just go "yeah! I finally finished it" and be done with it.
Aug 23, 2018 5:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
sanlei said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

next episode is the most ambitious of 0, so its a good thing they werent happy with the results yet and decided to postpone it. But yeah the waiting for this one will be tough.

Oh, that’s sounds like a great thing to do then. I’m even more hyped to see what the next episode has in store now.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 23, 2018 6:13 AM

Jul 2016
sXeblues said:
I saw somebody say somewhere recently, that Steins;Gate was ‘crap’, and shouldn’t be ‘bothered with’... And I’m just sitting here, thoroughly engrossed in everything that is going on, thinking, ‘Yea right, if your brains are diarrhea’. Cuz, sorry / not sorry — this show is killing it! It is, to me, nothing short of amazeballs, every single episode. This one, being no exception! Just, wow!

I disagree.

I really enjoyed the first series but this one has dragged and not been anywhere near as engaging or entertaining. I would have dropped it long ago without the connection I gained to the characters in the first series.
Aug 23, 2018 6:32 AM
Oct 2007
This episode definitely feels better than usual but so far, the episode that they went one round to realize it's a loop, that had the strongest original SG vibe and feel for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2018 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
BurningSpirit said:
Also, I'd like to think that being held hostage at gun point warrants a little explanation as to how he got back to the lab unscathed...

Its episode 13 of original S;G all over again in that regard. How could Okabe escape despite being blocked by Moeka's car, her saying she got him, being surrounded by rounders and still make a time-leap again in the very next scene without an how.

The major difference is that you should know by now, that Okabe's death converges to 2025 so he will survive no matter what. So its the easiest to think that that he got the same way back. In this case the explanation on how is even easier as WW3 still occurs, so its easy to see Leskinen being distracted in gunfire with DURPA again.
Aug 23, 2018 10:36 AM
May 2018
I foresee the mad scientist so cool returning!
This episode, while continuing the S;G 0 vibe, slowly transcended into OG S;G.
I'm really gonna like the upcoming episodes cause it seems it's gonna be great!

Everyone is on the edge of their seat with this one!
Dm7 Was Here

Aug 23, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2017
I've just watched the 6 last episodes in one run and personally I like what there are doing, even if I'm a bit worried about the small number of remaining episodes. I suppose like it has been explained before that they will create a new route integrating the key event of the VN. (I read the VN a really really really long time ago x) ).

For those who think : "yeah ! we come back to S;G" because there is the Leap-Machine, don't forget that using it DOESN'T solve the problem, it's why Okarin is in this state in the beginning of S;G0. You are going to be upset. Because the try-retry method is invalid, the last episodes will be probably on the research and application of the right solution. So, even if there will be (I really hope) some time travel and some epicness, it won't end like S;G. I would just be only dumb and boring, and S;G0 would be useless.

PS : I want to speculate more about the remaining, but I'm not sure which informations come from the anime and which one come from the VN so I stop here. But I'm sure that I will have some good surprises in the end :D

PPS : the Ninja Scientist was a bit overboard x)
L・Ψ・≅
Aug 23, 2018 12:17 PM

May 2016
I'm so glad that the studio goes original rather following note by note from the vn.
Okabe is fully activated for more despair I hope they can make it next Mayushi gambare.
Aug 23, 2018 12:37 PM

Jul 2017
Very interesting episode and one of the better ones for this show so far. The vibes were more reminiscent of the original S;G.
Aug 23, 2018 12:46 PM

Mar 2018
He just delayed them by going to them.
Aug 23, 2018 1:51 PM
Dec 2010
This time it looks like a real plot hole. There was one more part of the Time Leap Machine. It requires direct connection to SERN, which existed in alpha worldline due to SERN discovering the lab. Without this cable it is impossible to send 3.24 terabytes of memory data to LHC in reasonable amount of time (even with it, it took 45 seconds). Unless I'm mistaken and the cable was there for Tennouji to use?

I am curious about Mayuri. They didn't find the body and it should be impossible for her to die in this worldline. But I don't see how she would survive that... so the time machine actually worked? But then why the worldline didn't change? I guess they'll explain it later.
xizorAug 23, 2018 1:54 PM
Aug 23, 2018 2:44 PM

Feb 2008
The final seconds of the episode definitely left an ominous impression.

At least Okabe seems to have rekindled his thrive to march forward (or rather, backward). I imagine it will be an exceedingly arduous journey, considering how resourceful Leskinen and his compatriots are.
Aug 23, 2018 3:22 PM

May 2016
xizor said:
This time it looks like a real plot hole. There was one more part of the Time Leap Machine. It requires direct connection to SERN, which existed in alpha worldline due to SERN discovering the lab. Without this cable it is impossible to send 3.24 terabytes of memory data to LHC in reasonable amount of time (even with it, it took 45 seconds). Unless I'm mistaken and the cable was there for Tennouji to use?

The cable was there because of Tennouji is working for SERN. He works for SERN in Beta, too

xizor said:

I am curious about Mayuri. They didn't find the body and it should be impossible for her to die in this worldline. But I don't see how she would survive that... so the time machine actually worked? But then why the worldline didn't change? I guess they'll explain it later.

Firstly, Mayuri could actually die at every time in Beta. Kagari's adoption was in a previous wordline. And Kagari's adoption isn't established in Beta. Her adoption was just part of Leskinen's plans, only in one worldline.

Secondly, even the VN didn't answer what happened to Suzuha and Mayuri when the time machine exploded. Only gave some hints about it, but there wasn't any certain answer. But I can say, it's important that their body wasn't there!
-
Aug 23, 2018 4:38 PM
Dec 2010
SheevPalpatine said:

The cable was there because of Tennouji is working for SERN. He works for SERN in Beta, too

I think that was never confirmed, I always assumed that it was SERN preparing for ambush using their time machines, or even helping the lab develop TLM...
But I guess it was for Tennouji... In that case it seems extremely convenient that he just happen to need 72GB/s connection for some reason.

SheevPalpatine said:

Firstly, Mayuri could actually die at every time in Beta. Kagari's adoption was in a previous wordline. And Kagari's adoption isn't established in Beta. Her adoption was just part of Leskinen's plans, only in one worldline.

I didn't play SG 0 VN yet, so I don't know how important this will be (but please no spoilers!).
From the original game though, I was always under the impression that everything that Suzuha saw is estabilished future, because her memories need to be consistent. That would explain, among other things, why Okabe's ability is so important, why "Hashida Suzu" had to die or why it is so easy to make huge changes with D-Mails, while physical time travel seems so restricted by convergence. So while Kagari's adoption isn't estabilished in all beta worldlines, it is, as long as Suzuha and Kagari remember it.

I'd be disappointed if that's not the case here, because that explanation worked so well in the original game...

I won't argue though before the series is finished, because I don't want any hints about what's going to happen. :)
Aug 23, 2018 5:31 PM
Aug 2018
There will be reshow for Episode 19 next week. Therefore, in Japanese fourms, they seems to be expecting somthing like we already saw at Ep.23-b that lead story into kurisu ending. If it really is this anime gonna be my favorite one.
Aug 23, 2018 8:36 PM

Nov 2014
sanlei said:
BurningSpirit said:

Its episode 13 of original S;G all over again in that regard. How could Okabe escape despite being blocked by Moeka's car, her saying she got him, being surrounded by rounders and still make a time-leap again in the very next scene without an how.

The major difference is that you should know by now, that Okabe's death converges to 2025 so he will survive no matter what. So its the easiest to think that that he got the same way back. In this case the explanation on how is even easier as WW3 still occurs, so its easy to see Leskinen being distracted in gunfire with DURPA again.
That's fair, but I think a scene for a few seconds where another helicopter swooped in guns blazing would have saved the confusion a little.

Ironically, the major difference of not knowing what's going on is that I was pretty disorientated and shocked during the first season, which really helped me have more suspension of disbelief then.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Aug 23, 2018 10:49 PM

Jan 2015
Vindicater said:
I disagree.

I really enjoyed the first series but this one has dragged and not been anywhere near as engaging or entertaining. I would have dropped it long ago without the connection I gained to the characters in the first series.

To each their own... I love it. 👍🏻
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 24, 2018 2:35 AM

May 2016
xizor said:
SheevPalpatine said:

I think that was never confirmed, I always assumed that it was SERN preparing for ambush using their time machines, or even helping the lab develop TLM...
But I guess it was for Tennouji... In that case it seems extremely convenient that he just happen to need 72GB/s connection for some reason.

SheevPalpatine said:

I didn't play SG 0 VN yet, so I don't know how important this will be (but please no spoilers!).
From the original game though, I was always under the impression that everything that Suzuha saw is estabilished future, because her memories need to be consistent. That would explain, among other things, why Okabe's ability is so important, why "Hashida Suzu" had to die or why it is so easy to make huge changes with D-Mails, while physical time travel seems so restricted by convergence. So while Kagari's adoption isn't estabilished in all beta worldlines, it is, as long as Suzuha and Kagari remember it.

I'd be disappointed if that's not the case here, because that explanation worked so well in the original game...

I won't argue though before the series is finished, because I don't want any hints about what's going to happen. :)

No. There were no such things as "Suzuha and Kagari remembers it, so it's an established event". If Kagari's adoption is an established event, that could cause a huge bootstrap paradox, if Mayuri knows from the future that she will adopt her. But paradoxes aren't exist in Steins;Gate (and no, the song's story in episode 12 is NOT a bootstrap paradox, because the song travelled through countless worldlines, and not formed a loop within one.)

And even in the original there were also events and deaths which aren't established. For example Feyris's dad's death. There were worldlines where he lives, and worldlines where he dies.
-
Aug 24, 2018 3:10 AM
May 2018
everyone is blaming okabe for not wanting to help all this time but its easy for them to talk since they dont remember anyhting unlike okabe who had to go through all that shit alone. i am glad that okabe is returning back to the way he was
Aug 24, 2018 3:46 AM

Mar 2017
For
SheevPalpatine said:

Secondly, even the VN didn't answer what happened to Suzuha and Mayuri when the time machine exploded. Only gave some hints about it, but there wasn't any certain answer. But I can say, it's important that their body wasn't there!

Yes, the VN doesn't give more information.
L・Ψ・≅
Aug 24, 2018 4:07 AM

May 2016
Esterona said:
For
SheevPalpatine said:

Yes, the VN doesn't give more information.

Oh yeah

-
Aug 24, 2018 4:44 AM
Dec 2010
SheevPalpatine said:

No. There were no such things as "Suzuha and Kagari remembers it, so it's an established event". If Kagari's adoption is an established event, that could cause a huge bootstrap paradox, if Mayuri knows from the future that she will adopt her. But paradoxes aren't exist in Steins;Gate (and no, the song's story in episode 12 is NOT a bootstrap paradox, because the song travelled through countless worldlines, and not formed a loop within one.)

And even in the original there were also events and deaths which aren't established. For example Feyris's dad's death. There were worldlines where he lives, and worldlines where he dies.

It's not really a bootstrap paradox. Mayuri doesn't adopt Kagari becase she met her in past. She adopts her whether she knows about her or not.

I never said that every death is estabilished. But Mayuri can't die for the same reason that Okabe and Daru can't. Their future selves actions are aleady influencing the past, so it would cause a paradox.
Aug 24, 2018 4:56 AM

May 2016
xizor said:

I never said that every death is estabilished. But Mayuri can't die for the same reason that Okabe and Daru can't. Their future selves actions are aleady influencing the past, so it would cause a paradox.

No. Their future selves actions happened in a previous worldline where Suzuha came from. It's true that Okabe and Daru can't die in 2011, because Okabe's death in 2025 is established and Daru creates a time machine in 2025 too. It happens in every worldline. But Kagari's adoption wasn't happened in every worldline. It's just Leskinen's plan. There was a worldline where Kagari didn't came back from the future with Suzuha (possibly she wasn't adopted as well) alnd the time machine destroyed. That's why the Leskinen in that worldline brainwashed Kagari and planed her adoption. He used her as a "living D-Mail" to change the worldline into a new one, where his past self could obtain the time machine
-
Aug 24, 2018 5:46 AM
Dec 2010
SheevPalpatine said:

No. Their future selves actions happened in a previous worldline where Suzuha came from. It's true that Okabe and Daru can't die in 2011, because Okabe's death in 2025 is established and Daru creates a time machine in 2025 too. It happens in every worldline. But Kagari's adoption wasn't happened in every worldline. It's just Leskinen's plan. There was a worldline where Kagari didn't came back from the future with Suzuha (possibly she wasn't adopted as well) alnd the time machine destroyed. That's why the Leskinen in that worldline brainwashed Kagari and planed her adoption. He used her as a "living D-Mail" to change the worldline into a new one, where his past self could obtain the time machine

Kagari's adoption doesn't happen in every worldline, but it must happen in the wordlines where she arrived in the past. If someone time travels into the past they can't prevent themselves from doing that, that would cause grandfather paradox. If time travelers were just disconnected from casuality, then there would be no reason for Suzuha to disappear in SG true ending. There also would be no reason for Daru to survive, because it wouldn't matter if the time machine was build or not.

But as I said, I'm only using informations and clues from SG. I don't know the full story of SG0 yet, it might have changed something.

I'll stop for now and wait with the discussions a few weeks, until I have a full pitcture.
Aug 24, 2018 6:17 AM

May 2016
xizor said:

Kagari's adoption doesn't happen in every worldline, but it must happen in the wordlines where she arrived in the past.

Why??? There is no rule like this in the original. Their time travel itself changed the wordline. That's why a time traveller always come from the prevoius worldline's future, not from the current one's.

But okay, let's continue after Zero ends. Btw there is a post in reddit, where every rule is gathered, and everything is explained by them
-
Aug 24, 2018 6:18 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, definitely felt a lot like the original.

Okabe getting his determination back again, I like it and I'm excited. Was pretty cool to see him help Maho and Daru build the time leap machine again.

I definitely did not expect the time machine to get blown up again. Wonder what's gonna happen now. :O
Aug 24, 2018 8:11 AM

Jan 2012
BurningSpirit said:
sanlei said:

That's fair, but I think a scene for a few seconds where another helicopter swooped in guns blazing would have saved the confusion a little.

Ironically, the major difference of not knowing what's going on is that I was pretty disorientated and shocked during the first season, which really helped me have more suspension of disbelief then.

Technically the anime had much better material to work with to transition into next episode from another ending of the VN, which would further highlight the whole "Okabe cant die till 2025, but isnt protected either for other stuff happening to him" aspect. But the VN didnt use that part either in that context for the transition, so its not really the anime's fault to make the transition via an anime original broken loop, it can be quite an interesting new perspective on it, while showing the loop itself like original 13 was just pointless content imo. Not going further into detail as it will need at least an surface level explanation in next episode.

Overall a lot of anime onlies seem to like the pointless loop despite knowing convergence is in place for the time machine and it managed to feel like original S;G for the more nostalgic crowd, so its fine they didnt spend more ressources on this pointless scene. But yeah it makes sense, why you also others accepted original S;G anime's faults more and why the anime uses this an kind of nostalgic callback while transitioning into the next part. Just making the point why the anime brushed through this aspect, even if i dont like the skipped-through pointless loops myself.
sanleiAug 24, 2018 8:20 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.