Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 7:29 AM
Jul 2011
These episodes feel like they go by so fast now. That wait for the next week's episode is brutal.

Can't wait to see Tokoyami berserk shadow go wild.
Nice moment for Mr.Steel-Your-Girl.
Anime Deadpool translates well on the screen.
May 5, 2018 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
Jens11 said:
Chento said:
I wonder what made Tokoyami-kun's quirks go berserk

Hype for the next episode!
Wasn't it just the fact that they're fighting in the dark?

Probably, but he experiences being in the dark everyday. Not to mention on the 1st episode of this season, he was training in a cave. It probably happened there as well, but there must have been a trigger. :)

I don't read the manga so I'm not sure lol
May 5, 2018 7:49 AM
Aug 2015
Chento said:
Jens11 said:
Wasn't it just the fact that they're fighting in the dark?

Probably, but he experiences being in the dark everyday. Not to mention on the 1st episode of this season, he was training in a cave. It probably happened there as well, but there must have been a trigger. :)

Wasnt it clear already? Shoji said he covered Tokoyami & get an arm cut. It triggered Tokoyami for let his friend get injured protecting him.
May 5, 2018 7:51 AM

May 2017
man these episodes feel like 5 minutes.

i love dabi's blue fire so sexy

May 5, 2018 7:54 AM
Aug 2015
Hmmmmm so Rin is joining the League of Villains...
Now they must protect Bakugou from the villains.
Pretty intense episode.
May 5, 2018 8:01 AM

Sep 2017
Glad that Eraser head didn't just get his ass blasted like it seemed in the previous ep. I liked how he took responsibility and let the kids fight.

The author does a good job of making some creepy ass villains. The guy with teeth that turn into blades was creepy as hell.
May 5, 2018 8:04 AM

Mar 2018
thehund said:
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
I can feel Bakugou's frustration for not being able to use his quirk the way he wants (since it might start fire)
Even worse when you have to rely on one of your rivals (todoroki) to protect yourself.
I feel bad for him, hope he gets to shine the way he wants soon enough.

To be fair Todoroki also has to hold back

Not as much as Bakugou though. He can use his ice as freely as he wants.
With which he's protecting Bakugou. That's gotta be frustrating for him (being useless and being protected by someone else). Plus we saw the frustration in his face. Whereas with Todoroki, I don't think he's interested in fighting. He just wants to get away from that teeth dude.
May 5, 2018 8:05 AM
Mar 2016
GoofbalPath53 said:
Kehron said:
Great episode, S3 has just stacked with amazingness so far.

Yeah, it's definitely the best arc so far, at least imo. If the second arc of S3 is nearly as good, then I think S3 may actually be better than S2 as a whole, which tbh I thought would never happen lmao

The second arc is even better :D
May 5, 2018 8:19 AM

Jul 2013
Shinsanhsoi said:
Chento said:

Wasnt it clear already? Shoji said he covered Tokoyami & get an arm cut. It triggered Tokoyami for let his friend get injured protecting him.

Ohh ok, just rewatched it. He was already maintaining his quirks but they got ambushed. I was thinking it was because of the blood xD
May 5, 2018 8:23 AM
Apr 2016
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
thehund said:

To be fair Todoroki also has to hold back

Not as much as Bakugou though. He can use his ice as freely as he wants.
With which he's protecting Bakugou. That's gotta be frustrating for him (being useless and being protected by someone else). Plus we saw the frustration in his face. Whereas with Todoroki, I don't think he's interested in fighting. He just wants to get away from that teeth dude.

Bakugou can still create localized explosions to provide bursts, like ones he used to fly during the championship. He can't do Tsar bombing though, and that's his main disadvantage. Also he can't deflect the teeth himself.
Re:formed
May 5, 2018 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
So two of the villains are named Spinner and Mustard, right? What the Hell were they thinking while deciding their villains names, lol.

I have the feeling Bakugou is going to get them into troubles for his selfishness.
May 5, 2018 8:29 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode, as always. I respect that Spinner upholds the ideology of Stain and decides that since he's considered a legit hero, he shouldn't be touched. Everyone else seems to have forgotten that minor detail and just want to harm/kill as many as possible.

Chento said:
I wonder what made Tokoyami-kun's quirks go berserk

Hype for the next episode!

The darker the area/environment is, the stronger his quirk becomes. But that extra strength comes at the cost of it going potentially berserk and becoming more and more difficult to control.

Oh, nvm, someone already explained it.

May 5, 2018 8:32 AM
Apr 2016
Also really liked how the Crocodile villain protected Midoriya. Makes me hopeful that not all of them are deranged imbeciles and that after Stain (hopefully) comes around they do so as well. I am absolutely craving an All Might vs Stain verbal confrontation...
Re:formed
May 5, 2018 9:08 AM

Feb 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
GoofbalPath53 said:

Yeah, it's definitely the best arc so far, at least imo. If the second arc of S3 is nearly as good, then I think S3 may actually be better than S2 as a whole, which tbh I thought would never happen lmao

Ah, now you got me so anxious I can't wait another 8 episodes XD

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
May 5, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
Deku's body does not look good after that fight, he sure is high on adrenaline. All of the students now have permission to use their quirks. Aww, Kirishima is worried about Bakugou lol. Kendo and Tetsutetsu managed to defeat Mustard. Dark Shadow is out of control! Tokoyami trying to control him looked pretty damn cool. Looking forward to next week! Plus Ultra!
May 5, 2018 9:24 AM
Jul 2017
So far this season is amazing! Loved seeing Deku whoop that dudes ass!
May 5, 2018 9:29 AM
Nov 2016
Damn, I don't remember hating Mustard this much in the manga...

Next week, we'll get Todoroki and Bakugo vs Moonfish...

Tokoyami needs to be brought under control too.
May 5, 2018 9:57 AM

Jan 2012
Ahh great episode! it really feels like 10mins ;;
Loved the Tetsutetsu x Kendo combo, it's really nice to see more focus on Class B's students, can't wait for next ep!
憧れ
May 5, 2018 9:57 AM
Jul 2017
thesarcasticguy said:

The stuff that they do with mustards voice is just... not something you can really convey in a manga format.

And, personally, as an anime only watcher (who was pissed when someone here spoiled who All Might is fighting in the OP!) I was taken by surprise, hugely, by the fucking GUN. Like... of course... any fool with a gun can best a wizard, but damn...

Man, and again, anime only, but I bet that Bakugo gets permanently injured in this arc. It's clear that Deku goes to save Todoroki and it would be clear even without all the manga readers beind spoilery by going "oh man, I can't wait to see dark shadows rampage" because Deku isn't going to just ignore someone who needs his help, thats not who he is, but like... him not going to save Bakugo is going to end badly...
May 5, 2018 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
Illyricus said:
So two of the villains are named Spinner and Mustard, right? What the Hell were they thinking while deciding their villains names, lol.

I have the feeling Bakugou is going to get them into troubles for his selfishness.

Havent you heard of "Mustard Gas" before? Thats where its coming from. And Spinner is because his sword looks like a meatgrinder that spins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2018 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
This was definitely better than last weeks disappointing episode

Loved the part with Class B with the gas guy. Wish Kendo was a part of the Main cast, instead of the boring gravity girl and frog girl

Hopefully we get more good episodes like this one
May 5, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2017
Giving the students the green light to fight back really kicked things into high gear. Even though most students are on the defense at the moment, this episode will really show us how all the characters will handle the situation as well as how they will use their unique powers to protect themselves. This is leading up to what I think are going to be very action packed episodes.
May 5, 2018 10:13 AM

Feb 2015
Holy shit, what a good episode. My goosebumps have goosebumps and my blood is pumping! Highlight of the episode was definitely Tetsutetsu and Kendo vs. Mustard. I'm excited for next week; Dark Shadow's out of control, and Bakugo's got a target on his back and is being a dumbass. This series has gotten better with every episode.

5/5
May 5, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2014
GreeenSponge said:
Some nice Tomura scenes, Twice showing up, some good Class B action and Dark Shadow, very good episode once again.

I don't know if it is because we have Tokyo Ghoul this season as an example of "How to not adapt a manga" as a strong contrast but every new episode of Academia really impresses me even more, Bones are just doing a phenomenal job at adapting it imo

The animation and the art on every scene is damn good! Makes you wish every adaption is as good as this, man the tension was high and nothing took it away..

Sigh, why could TG not be adapted by these guys or Madhouse! UGHHHHHHHHHH

Literally jelly x100 and I love this show.

100/10

May 5, 2018 10:18 AM
Sep 2015
Dear 'manga reader', the spoiler tag is available to anyone
From 'anime watcher' ;)
May 5, 2018 10:25 AM

Sep 2016
Not as epic as the last episode, though it was a good one too. It looks like Boku no Hero is trying to step up their game and learn from the mistakes of the previous seasons. I liked the fight between big hands gal, metal boy and mustard dude, way to show off what the Class B can do!

I want to see how are Deku and Mezou are going to overcome Tsukuyomi's quick
May 5, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2013

tiger could've finished off glasses guy why did he pause :|
May 5, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
Kendo was so epic and kawai in this episode.
Dark shadow has gone berserk, bakugo and todoroki are fighting the creepy escapist.

Next week hype.
May 5, 2018 11:07 AM

Jul 2013
I am soo glad I've invested my time into this show, I don't even mind the pandering bits or certain irritating characters I will not name (Mineta, Froppy), when this show is lit, it is fucking lit fam
May 5, 2018 11:17 AM
Nov 2016
Jaecp said:
thesarcasticguy said:

The stuff that they do with mustards voice is just... not something you can really convey in a manga format.

And, personally, as an anime only watcher (who was pissed when someone here spoiled who All Might is fighting in the OP!) I was taken by surprise, hugely, by the fucking GUN. Like... of course... any fool with a gun can best a wizard, but damn...

Man, and again, anime only, but I bet that Bakugo gets permanently injured in this arc. It's clear that Deku goes to save Todoroki and it would be clear even without all the manga readers beind spoilery by going "oh man, I can't wait to see dark shadows rampage" because Deku isn't going to just ignore someone who needs his help, thats not who he is, but like... him not going to save Bakugo is going to end badly...

Let's just say it doesn't end well for Bakugo....

Only read the spoiler if you want your next two episodes to be spoiled....

May 5, 2018 11:21 AM
Mar 2016
GoofbalPath53 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

You don't need to wait that long, the second arc is probably only 3-4 episodes away.

The second half of the season will be weaker though. So don't expect the whole season to be this good.
May 5, 2018 11:29 AM

Mar 2016
Retolee said:
That revolver has a lot of shots in it.
MoonStar9 said:
How many rounds that gun have??!?

#RevelryintheDark
The gun has 6 rounds. He fired 6 times, then he reloaded it and then fired another 5 times. That's why he pointed the gun to Itsuka. He still had another bullet left.
May 5, 2018 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
This one was full of ass-pulls, good god.
Edit: Poor writing is a more accurate description.
ParthosticMay 5, 2018 12:10 PM
May 5, 2018 11:54 AM

Oct 2012
The hyyyype though. Oh my god. Midway through the episode - when Mandalay was telling everyone that they could engage in combat - I was screaming. Like, literally screaming. I sometimes do that, but IT'S NOT USUAL, so yeah. This is basically how a shounen anime should be done, h-o-l-y shit.
May 5, 2018 12:03 PM

Jun 2016
One more week why!!
May 5, 2018 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
Aside from the fact that they repeated the whole last attack from the previous episode. And thats only because I've seen that battle 3 times now, not including this of course. Mustard is down for the count now, and B Class took charge this time. But Birdie needs to be dealt with now. In other words, this was another great episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 5, 2018 12:23 PM

Aug 2017
Bruh this episode went by so fast...
So Aizawa, being the badass he is, took down Dabi! Well his clone at least...
Kawaii Kendo and Knucklehead Tetsutetsu were definitely the highlight in this episode. Gotta give some love to Class B! (Where's Shinsou tho...)
Holy crap dark shadow is goin berserk! Dang it Tokoyami you had one job...
May 5, 2018 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
Noctur said:
This one was full of ass-pulls, good god.
Edit: Poor writing is a more accurate description.
where are the ass pulls?
May 5, 2018 12:37 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was so cool! Class B is finally getting some real hero experience! I wonder what they want with Bakugo though?
May 5, 2018 1:03 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was supposed to be serious but the Kacchan bit was hilarious.
Also I'm happy that 1B get to have their moments to shine.
modge
May 5, 2018 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
Illyricus said:

Spinner, don't know. Mustard is probably related to mustard gas.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
May 5, 2018 2:29 PM

Jan 2015

oooooohh boy, it's time for the best character to shine
May 5, 2018 2:46 PM

Jun 2015
The fight with gas villain was pretty good.
May 5, 2018 3:04 PM

Feb 2018
TheEnhancedExe said:
GoofbalPath53 said:

You don't need to wait that long, the second arc is probably only 3-4 episodes away.

The second half of the season will be weaker though. So don't expect the whole season to be this good.

The 4th arc is during the first cour, so unless they cram the 5th arc into the first cour, the 4th should be 1-13 and the 5th 14-25.

And awwww, I was kinda hoping it would be as good because of what that kinda lad said :( either way I'm still excited to see where it goes!

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
May 5, 2018 3:13 PM

Nov 2014
thank you bnha for giving me the energy and motivation to wake up this morning.
Eraserhead really is the best sensei. going against those stupid rules and regulations for his students' sake and to take the responsibilities for it the end....
this episode truly showed how important it is to have Shinsou in the hero course. All these villains are extremely talkative. With Shinsou here, they can be captured and defeated without causing unnecessary injuries and casualties. Izuku managed to run with both arms broken, really makes me wonder what im doing with my life...
and now its tokoyami's time to shine. His quirk reminds me of Nekozawa from Ouran High School Host Club, likes dark and shadow, but terrified of light.
atkars said:
i wonder how the gas guy managed to kick the metal guy away. it's like kicking over 80kg metal which is kinda impossible by the looks of the gas guy

great episode

his metal is weakened. He said so earlier.
May 5, 2018 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
Bakugo sure got excited when he knew Deku did something. Todoroki and Bakugo has to hold back on their quirks due to the forest surrounding them. The villain they are facing has an interesting quirk lol.

Tetsutetsu and Kendo from class 1-B did quite a number on villain "Mustard", finally get to see them be awesome! Funny to see how even some villains aren't save of their own quirk like Mustard.

Oh dear, Tokoyami's quirk gotten out of control and that looked very dire :(
May 5, 2018 3:30 PM

Jan 2018
Deku can you just stop yelling everytime you wanna punch someone?

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
May 5, 2018 3:34 PM

Dec 2015
398288 said:
it has been said again and again that bakugo isn't a dumbass
I said that he acts like an idiot, not that he is one. I am fully aware how capable he is.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 5, 2018 3:43 PM

May 2015
MaahHeim said:
The hyyyype though. Oh my god. Midway through the episode - when Mandalay was telling everyone that they could engage in combat - I was screaming. Like, literally screaming. I sometimes do that, but IT'S NOT USUAL, so yeah. This is basically how a shounen anime should be done, h-o-l-y shit.

I knoww!! I've watched that scene a couple times and it gets me EVERYTIME
Also, Twice reminds me of Deadpool lol
Solid episode, can't wait for next week!
May 5, 2018 3:43 PM
Mar 2018
Man it is getting real!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

121 by MrGuz »»
Apr 25, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.