Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Way to go Deku! Showing Muscular who the real badass is in that fight.

Dabi's confrontation with Eraser Head was pretty thrilling imo especially with the mind games going on. On the other fronts, it looks like the heros are fighting their enemies too although the action felt a bit all over the place this episode.

Bakugo's excitement got pretty real lol
Fumikage is fucking scary when he's angry!
Stark700May 5, 2018 1:54 AM
May 5, 2018 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
Alright it's time for episode 43 this week, "Drive it Home, Iron Fist!!" adapting Chapters 77 - much of 79 from Volume 9 of the original source manga. Deku may have triumphed over Muscular in spectacular fashion, but the battle took a heavy toll on his body, and there are still plenty of villains on the attack, with students out in the open! Nice to see Aizawa alright from Dabi's attack last episode. And Deku has left Kota in his trusty hands. Defend yourselves students, you've got permission! And they're after Bakugo err Kacchan! XD We got Tsuyu and Uraraka fending off Toga, Bakugo and Todoroki tackling the bondage tooth-freak Moonfish, and of course Kendo with our titular main man Tetsutestsu from 1-B jumping into the gas head on! That's the way! Nice teamwork. But oh goodness, Dark Shadow is on the rampage! Damn that's quite the spectacle.
animefan8800May 5, 2018 3:06 AM
May 5, 2018 2:36 AM

Nov 2016
Shouldn't it be obvious that students have to defend themselves in such a situation? :D

Very entertaining episode again, Class B duo took out Mustard.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2018 2:59 AM
Jul 2017
Great episode, S3 has just stacked with amazingness so far.
May 5, 2018 3:05 AM
Dec 2015
i wonder how the gas guy managed to kick the metal guy away. it's like kicking over 80kg metal which is kinda impossible by the looks of the gas guy

great episode
May 5, 2018 3:10 AM

Jan 2009
love the action scenes so far they are sakuga quality

next week Tokoyomi's time to shine i think
May 5, 2018 3:11 AM

Mar 2008
Deku still being the best hero. Mustard is such a pussy using a damn gun. So satisfying that he got floored. WTF, Dark Shadow has gone berserk.
May 5, 2018 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

I find it interesting how Shigarakai's perspective has shifted from being an RPG game to a Simulation Game. It's a pretty nice analogy.

Deku's running on pure adrenaline at this point. I'm glad he was able to take Kota back to Aizawa. After taking all that damage, he still wants to help everyone, Deku's heroic spirit knows no bounds. :(
The Dabi clone disintegration was really cool.
Glad to see Twice, I can't wait for him to get more focus though that's probably gonna take quite some time to happen.

Kota wants to say Thank You. :(

Loved Deku's entrance where he destroys Spinner's weapon. I actually liked the part where Spinner didn't wanna attack Deku because he was someone Stain acknowledged.
Class A and Class B, you are cleared to fight! Let's do this!

Bakugou and Todoroki defending against Moonfish's onslaught was awesome, can't wait to see more of that fight.
That Bakugou reaction when he realized Deku did something. XD

Nice deduction by Kendo to figure out the deal with the gas! I'm glad they were able to take out Mustard. Great teamwork by both of them.

Dark Shadow's going berserk, that final shot of Tokoyami trying to control him actually looked pretty damn cool. XD

Once again, fantastic production by Bones. I'm glad BnHA is getting so much love from them.
Looking forward to next week.
Plus Ultra!
May 5, 2018 3:17 AM

Jan 2016
I loved Kendo and Tetsutetsu this episode! They were really amazing.

GREAT TOKOYAMI ACTION NEXT EPISODE IM SO HYPEEEED
May 5, 2018 3:21 AM

Sep 2013
That revolver has a lot of shots in it.

Again, very great episode this week, but it's sandwiched between two hype episodes. Exciting times.
May 5, 2018 3:23 AM

Aug 2016
Some nice Tomura scenes, Twice showing up, some good Class B action and Dark Shadow, very good episode once again.

I don't know if it is because we have Tokyo Ghoul this season as an example of "How to not adapt a manga" as a strong contrast but every new episode of Academia really impresses me even more, Bones are just doing a phenomenal job at adapting it imo
May 5, 2018 3:27 AM

Dec 2015
Bakugou, of course, is gonna act like an idiot out of his distorted pride or whatever and get himself caught by the villains...

Now that the students are clear to engage their attackers, maybe they'll be able to do some damage and make the villains regret attacking them. Also, I wouldn't wanna get slapped by Kendo's giant hands lol

Himiko isn't gonna be in the next episode either, dammit!
joe_g7May 5, 2018 4:18 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 5, 2018 3:30 AM

Nov 2016
Final scenes of Deku vs Muscular, but still good. His injuries are really bad.

More fighting this episode showing the students. Telepathy quirk is really useful in situations like this. The kids from class B fought well. Thrilling moments in the fighting scenes. Some Villains are scary. I want to see more of Dabi vs Eraser.

That ending with Tokoyomi not able to control Dark Shadow damn. His quirk is frightening.
May 5, 2018 3:31 AM
Feb 2018
The episode was great! There have been a lot of scenes that I wanted to see animated:
- Twice has been introduced
- Kota is now save with Aizawa
- We now know that they are after Bakugou
- Tetsutetsu and Kendo have defeated the guy who produced the gas
And at the end of the episode we can see that Dark Shadow has gone crazy.

Can't wait for the next episode and see more of Tokoyami and Shoji!
May 5, 2018 3:33 AM

Jan 2014
damn, I can't wait to see Tokoyami berserk and beat those villain in one hit
May 5, 2018 3:37 AM

Nov 2014
Retolee said:
That revolver has a lot of shots in it.

Again, very great episode this week, but it's sandwiched between two hype episodes. Exciting times.

He actually reloaded which was nice.

Around 18:40-18:45
May 5, 2018 3:37 AM

Jul 2017
The first 3 episodes were meh but now I can finally say that I'm properly enjoying this season of this show.

The action is picking up and shit felt intense!

Very intrigued with wtf they want with Bakugo. It would actually be intriguing if Bakugo became a villain but I doubt the writers will do that.

Hyped to see Tokoyami next week :D
May 5, 2018 3:38 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, a guy who uses gas and is affected by it, weak.
Tokoyami lost control!
May 5, 2018 3:38 AM

Oct 2015
How many rounds that gun have??!?

#RevelryintheDark
May 5, 2018 3:45 AM

Mar 2018
The momentum just keeps pushing forward, this episode had me on the edge of my seat and when Kendo started blowing the Gas Man's farts away my heart started pumping. That strategy never even ended my mind, and I cheered.

That last shot of Tokoyami was so rad. Per usual, can't wait until next week. Praying that Bones can sustain this quality all throughout the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2018 3:51 AM

Apr 2015
Loved it!
Never thought I would like a season 3 better than the two first!
May 5, 2018 3:56 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode but when Deku was as talking to Kota about that the students are in danger etc him saying he must warn aizawa and the Pussycats about it I just couldn't take it seriously. The name pussycats is just to ridiculous to be uttered in such a serious situation/tone.
Also I laughed a lot when she told KING EXPLOSION MURDERto stay away from combat
xShinigami3125May 5, 2018 4:15 AM
May 5, 2018 4:11 AM

Feb 2018
Aizawa havent to grant the students permission to fight back is a little stupid I mean it's not like people with combat type quirks like bakugo or Todoroki did hold back eäbefore that message.
May 5, 2018 4:23 AM

Dec 2008
Awesome as ever. Now I can sleep xD
May 5, 2018 4:29 AM

Dec 2013
I like how Spinner chose to protect Midoriya.

Tetsutetsu and Kendo were badass in this episode. It’s nice to have some more screen time for class b.
May 5, 2018 4:35 AM

Oct 2017
This is definitely the intense action going full throttle. I actually enjoyed this episode more than the last one because the animation was better than the last's first half and it's consistent. Which meant that the suspense didn't break down with awkward lags and that's perfect to contain the dire situations of this villain invasion.

So with that, Real Steel is definitely MVP here. I wasn't expecting the gas to be that thick. Pretty sure I held my breath there because of the amount of tension in that fight. Kota finally realizes the awesomeness of heroes as he cares about Deku now, really nice to see this new side of his. Villain Alliance setting his eyes on Bakugou and a rampaged Tokoyami. This arc is shaping up to be an awesome one!
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
May 5, 2018 4:49 AM

Mar 2018
I can feel Bakugou's frustration for not being able to use his quirk the way he wants (since it might start fire)
Even worse when you have to rely on one of your rivals (todoroki) to protect yourself.
I feel bad for him, hope he gets to shine the way he wants soon enough.
May 5, 2018 4:54 AM

Sep 2014
Limited budget this week, but at least a good portion of that went into animating best villain Twice so I'm cool
May 5, 2018 4:59 AM

Sep 2014
Class B students got their moment to shine this week by taking down Mustard. That brief Aizawa vs Dabi fight was pretty good and intense as well. Lol Bakugo was said to fight along with the other students and then he was ordered to stay away from combat. The League of Villains have targeted him. Meanwhile, Tokoyami due to the darkness he lost control of his Quirk. Next week, cannot come fast enough.
MonkeyDHunterMay 5, 2018 5:19 AM
May 5, 2018 5:26 AM
Apr 2018
The fact that they apparently don't have good Samaritan laws in this universe is very concerning. Stopping someone who is actively trying to kill you or someone else is illegal? I'm not sure I understand that one.
May 5, 2018 5:28 AM

Dec 2016
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
I can feel Bakugou's frustration for not being able to use his quirk the way he wants (since it might start fire)
Even worse when you have to rely on one of your rivals (todoroki) to protect yourself.
Dont worry, he'll shine.
-Manga Reader
War really is cruel, heh?Whether you win or not, you always lose more than you gain.
The victor can still console themselves by counting their gains,
but the defeated can only count everything they've lost.
-Kondo Isao-
May 5, 2018 5:39 AM

Aug 2017
Damn Dark Shadow he is showing his true uncontrollable power!

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
May 5, 2018 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
Twice was honestly really amusing, as his actions were more expressionate than his use. Could he be related to Deadpool in any way? XD

Either way, the fights continue on, with Tetsutetsu and Kendo being the highlight of this episode. They might lack the strength of the students of Class 1-A, but they did very well to take down the source of the poisonous gas, Mustard, who probably is where a gas mask himself since he's not immune to his own quirk, lol.

Spinner made sure that Midoriya wasn't hit during their fight against the pussycats and it does make sense, since Spinner idolises Stain and Stain fully recognises Midoriya as a true hero, so it's obvious that Spinner sees Midoriya the same way. Admirable that maybe, but letting Midoriya escape like that will probably come back to haunt him and the rest of the villain squad, I'm guessing.

Either way, Next week is already looking pretty hype, as Tokoyami has lost control of his dark shadow, whose design in that state looks awesome, but scary at the same time. ^^;
May 5, 2018 5:49 AM

Feb 2018
Kehron said:
Great episode, S3 has just stacked with amazingness so far.

Yeah, it's definitely the best arc so far, at least imo. If the second arc of S3 is nearly as good, then I think S3 may actually be better than S2 as a whole, which tbh I thought would never happen lmao

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
May 5, 2018 5:52 AM

Jul 2017
Dabi is amazing and all the villains are interesting i can't wait to see what happens next, i want to see more badass fight scenes :D
May 5, 2018 5:53 AM

Mar 2018
ChronoF said:
81Koyomi_Araragi said:
Dont worry, he'll shine.
-Manga Reader

Knowing that makes me feel good since he's my favorite character.
Thanks
May 5, 2018 5:54 AM

Jul 2013
I wonder what made Tokoyami-kun's quirks go berserk

Hype for the next episode!
May 5, 2018 5:57 AM

Aug 2017
Deku showing determination, that's it!
Kota understanding what it's like to be a superhero.
May 5, 2018 5:57 AM
Apr 2018
Chento said:
I wonder what made Tokoyami-kun's quirks go berserk

Hype for the next episode!
Wasn't it just the fact that they're fighting in the dark?
May 5, 2018 6:10 AM
Jul 2017
joe_g7 said:
Bakugou, of course, is gonna act like an idiot out of his distorted pride or whatever and get himself caught by the villains...

Now that the students are clear to engage their attackers, maybe they'll be able to do some damage and make the villains regret attacking them. Also, I wouldn't wanna get slapped by Kendo's giant hands lol

Himiko isn't gonna be in the next episode either, dammit!
it has been said again and again that bakugo isn't a dumbass
May 5, 2018 6:15 AM

Mar 2016
The villains are getting smarter... So did the hero-students!
Tetsutetsu did well to last that much gunshot while holding on his breath, that puch he did to that gas-guy was satisfying.

And now, Takoyami's dark shadow is out of control. While Bakugo and Todoroki are facing some fucked up guy with teeth-tentacles quirk.
May 5, 2018 6:18 AM

Oct 2017
Do you think that Tokoyami sleeps with the lights on ?
May 5, 2018 6:28 AM

Feb 2018
Now i can see some of member like Spinner just join League of Villain truly because Stain's ideology, which displayed in this episode Spinner stopped BIG SIS Magne to kill Deku. So Twice can make a clone that can use quirk like in this episode he could make Dabi's clone and that clone used Dabi's quirk. If Twice use it with smart move and strategy, i think it is like you have shadow clone that has sharingan. cmiiw
May 5, 2018 6:29 AM

Feb 2018
hiddentechnique said:
Do you think that Tokoyami sleeps with the lights on ?

Ahahaha I bet he does that poor guy must always carry a floodlight with him to be save xd
May 5, 2018 6:34 AM

Jun 2014
I find it both interesting and a bit unsettling that the students, even under the current circumstances, have to wait for Aizawa's authorization before they can engage in combat. I know there are strict rules to be followed, but a situation like this, where you could easily get killed by sociopaths, should be an exception.

With that being said, this was another great episode. I'm glad we got to see a couple Class B students shine in the spotlight, especially since they don't get featured a lot. Twice is probably my favorite villain, and he was amusing as expected. Now it's been revealed that Bakugo is the target, and at the same time, Tokoyami is going crazy. So many hype moments still to come!

MoonStar9 said:
How many rounds that gun have??!?

#RevelryintheDark

Someone else mentioned this but I don't think they quoted you, but there's a brief couple seconds where the guy reloads. I'm glad they put that small detail in there, when they could just as easily have had the guy endlessly shoot like 47 rounds without bothering to have him reload.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 5, 2018 6:42 AM
Jan 2017
81Koyomi_Araragi said:

To be fair Todoroki also has to hold back
May 5, 2018 6:56 AM

Dec 2017
this is an even more anticipated fight that midoriya vs muscular for me. tokoyami's outrage is gonna be soo good
May 5, 2018 7:15 AM

Mar 2016
After watching the episode for the second time, it seems more solid and better paced than the first view. I hate fast paced shows and I didn't like that they rushed throw it like hell, expecially the Tetsutetsu fight (I thought he was gonna have something like 10 minutes of screentime but it was pretty rushed).
Taking that out, the animation and OSTs were on point but I still don't get way they started with a "recap" of the end of the fight. It's one minute of the episode that could've been more productive (like the first episode, totally unnecessary).

7/10
azertz99May 5, 2018 11:20 AM
May 5, 2018 7:26 AM
Aug 2017
Can't believe it's already been a week since the much beloved deku Vs muscular battle. S3 has been on a hype train since like episode 2,(episode 1 was just a recap after all) and it's clearly deserved it. We finally got to see class 1-B shine, that's cool. Next week's episode is gonna be amazing, HANG IN THERE TOKOYAMI!!!
May 5, 2018 7:29 AM

Apr 2018
I appreciated Class B getting some Spotlight in this episode, but The next episode will be somewhat exciting.
Minori Chihara <3
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

52 by Lushi7 »»
Apr 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2018

217 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2018

541 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.