Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, we're getting right into the action this episode. Ghoul action! The coloring of the scenes were a bit dark so that made it a bit hard to watch but meh, it's Tokyo Ghoul so I expected it. Speaking of Sasaki, seems like he's going through some breakdown after recalling some memories.

Seems like a buildup episode. Glad to see more familiar faces like Arima come back and getting some actual lines this episode though.

Saiko's role in this series already amuses me with her personality lul

Touka also makes an appearance!
Apr 10, 2018 7:33 AM
Dec 2014
Very good episode. They barely skipped anything this time. (only contained 3 chapters. :D) I also liked how they added some scenes, like the Kijima one.
Apr 10, 2018 8:01 AM

Nov 2016
Well,the pacing definitely improved,decent episode.

Looking forward to the Auction Mopping-up Operation arc. We should hit it up the episode after the next or the one after that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2018 8:14 AM

May 2015
Direction and pacing were ok. Was hoping for more to make up for the rush job last week, but whatever....

Apr 10, 2018 8:45 AM
Mar 2016
No-Life-King said:
Very good episode. They barely skipped anything this time. (only contained 3 chapters. :D) I also liked how they added some scenes, like the Kijima one.

Only3 chapters? ? Wow that's too short

It's good not to rush but it's bad for 12 episodes to adapt just 3 chapters

I really can't understand Studio pierrot anymore
Apr 10, 2018 8:50 AM
Feb 2018
No chin touch :( but very good episode overall
Apr 10, 2018 8:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Haise sure had a lot of power that he was hiding and even more so when he gets serious. To think that Akira had to shoot him with a rifle to subdue him though. Akira's instructions for Haise sure were cruel ones. So Haise has both as his mentors Akira and Arima huh. Its actually funny seeing Arima behave like a parent though. This episode sure had a lot of familar faces showing up first Ayato then Touka. A nice slow paced episode that reminded me of the calm before the storm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 8:52 AM
Aug 2015
Overall great episode. I really loved the ending because of how bittersweet it was.
Apr 10, 2018 8:54 AM

Jun 2016
We get to see Saiko for a bit. And Haise entering the coffee shop :re and unexpected meeting with Touka ^_^

I can't wait another week damnit!

"I thought to myself.. How can anyone be as pretty as her"
srafaymsApr 10, 2018 9:18 AM
Apr 10, 2018 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
I loved the coffee shop scene :')

They skipped Haise's reaction in his room to Urie calling him a ghoul which kinda sucks and they didn't do the chin scratch when he said he was happy with his pretend life but other than that it was a very nice episode, hopefully the rumors of it being a 24ep show are true because they'll have to ramp up the pacing like ep1 to get to the Rosewald arc if it isn't and that will suck
Apr 10, 2018 9:02 AM

May 2017
Gotta see how Touka x Kaneki progresses
Apr 10, 2018 9:13 AM

Oct 2016
I'm glad Furuta appeared - sadly they didn't add his cameo, where Touka ran into him.
Apr 10, 2018 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Since they did 3 chapters for this one, I have hope that Tokyo Ghoul:re will be 3 seasons with 12 episodes. The manga is really big, so if they don't rush it, it's definitely possible ^^
Apr 10, 2018 9:29 AM

Jun 2016
And why does Ayato look like Sasuke (lol)
Apr 10, 2018 9:30 AM

Jun 2016
Can anyone identify the music from the last scene (When Haise enters coffee shop :re and meets with Touka) ?
Apr 10, 2018 9:30 AM

Aug 2017
Pacing was too fast again, but seeing as it's only 12 episodes, I'll look past it. The lack of details in small things is starting to bother me (ie Haise putting his hand on his chin) etc
Apr 10, 2018 9:32 AM

Dec 2017
sigh, still not dyed hair touka. well, the pacing is good now, and hey - it's furuta-kun! what a lovely lad

but a shame they're showing just a small fragment of urie's inner voice, it builds up no depth to the character and no sympathy either
uninstallthegameApr 10, 2018 9:38 AM
Apr 10, 2018 9:38 AM
Feb 2013
Pizco said:
Pacing was too fast again, but seeing as it's only 12 episodes, I'll look past it. The lack of details in small things is starting to bother me (ie Haise putting his hand on his chin) etc

Me too, but remember they literally can't do that even if they wanted to, given the fact that Root A never established the little details/character traits that the manga established (Root A never adapted Touka's and Hide's meeting where the chin thing was revealed), so only the manga readers would get stuff like that anyway. Probably the reason why they felt there was no need to put them in now (even if it adds more character and a double meaning to the scenes).
Apr 10, 2018 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
Pacing was better this episode but still have some issues.

Pretty decent buildup episode. That coffee shop scene was bittersweet to say the least.
Apr 10, 2018 9:49 AM

Aug 2017
I really loved this episode, amazing ghoul fight with the kagune animation and everything. The art style is simply beautiful but how Touka was walking in slow motion made me cringe a bit to be honest heh... But overall a great episode for this series, I thought it will be like Root A but the expectations for this series is quite well for now.
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
Apr 10, 2018 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
Pacing was much better, 3 chapters is the maximum number that should be adapted in an episode, and the benefits were obvious to see. It allows the important scenes to breathe and and be as effective as they should be, like the Touka and Haise scene at the end. They absolutely nailed that scene. Although, with only 3 chapters adapted this episode I imagine things will only be rushed even more later.

But on the whole I didn't really enjoy this; a lot of the episode felt kinda off. Maybe it was just me, but the scene transitions didn't flow well at all, the directing didn't really shine through at any point and left a lot to be desired and the fight at the start was dull; the music during that fight was weird. Most of the episode just felt flat to me, aside from the final scene with Touka. Also I'm super disappointed that the chin touch wasn't there, but I don't think we got that revelation about Kaneki in the anime so I guess that's understandable.

Edit: Actually that chin touch revelation was in Root A, I forgot about it. No idea why they didn't include it this episode, it's a super important past of Haise's characterisation; his fake happiness.
removed-userApr 10, 2018 10:24 AM
Apr 10, 2018 9:56 AM
Jan 2013
Really liked this episode, I really wonder how far the 12 episode season will reach comparing it to the manga, any guesses?
Apr 10, 2018 9:58 AM

May 2017
The nostalgia, i was wondering why the coffee shop looked so familiar and then i saw Touka
Yes No Maybe
Apr 10, 2018 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
dedeogbe said:
Pizco said:

Me too, but remember they literally can't do that even if they wanted to, given the fact that Root A never established the little details/character traits that the manga established (Root A never adapted Touka's and Hide's meeting where the chin thing was revealed), so only the manga readers would get stuff like that anyway. Probably the reason why they felt there was no need to put them in now (even if it adds more character and a double meaning to the scenes).

They did. It was done in the second or third episode when Nishiki takes Touka to his University.
Apr 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
A hint of Kaneki (Sasaki)'s old bad ass side. He's too lenient on his squad though.

Ahhhhhh, finally Touka is here!
Apr 10, 2018 10:10 AM

Dec 2015
Lmao @ Nishio's kick barrage and Haise's slap, so fuckin bad xDD

This was done so much better in the manga, Pierrot ain't getting their shit together any time soon.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 2016
MAL_KARMA said:
Kirito_Alsufi said:

Only3 chapters? ? Wow that's too short

It's good not to rush but it's bad for 12 episodes to adapt just 3 chapters

I really can't understand Studio pierrot anymore

I don't understand people anymore. This comment made me so angry, because of the uncertainty wether people want to watch an action anime or Tokyo Ghoul. This episode was so much better than the first one and more enjoyable to watch.

I seriously hope they continue the coming episodes just like this one, because I just want to see TOKYO FUCKING GHOUL. NOT EDGY KIDS ON THE TOKYO BLOCK.

But anyways, great episode. Touka x Kaneki was such a good scene, especially with the music.

First

You don't have to be an angry for an anime we are bigger than that but if your are a little kid then I can excuse you..

Second

I want Tokyo ghoul re to be fully adapted because
Spoilers :

(I want to watch The dragon arc , ceremony wedding for kankei and Touka, chapter 125 and the fight between Suzuya and kankei)

This can't be happening while the episodes are just 12 and they only adopt 3 chapters in one episode

It's good not to rush and I'm so happy that they have listen to fan for not being rush ❤

It's bad if the anime is just 12 episodes and they just adapt 3 chapters which I can't see any future for going forward to the Dragon arc unless they make fifth seasons for Re.. the question is.. Are they going to do that ?
Jun 2017
They adapting 3 chapters is nice because they can always make second cour as split season
Apr 10, 2018 10:12 AM

Jan 2018
It was a nice episode I haven't read the manga so I won't understand if it's 3 chapter or 6 chapter this episode was much more calm
Touka giving that smile and kaneki seeing her through haise I feel like T_T
Apr 10, 2018 10:15 AM
Feb 2013
Z4k said:
dedeogbe said:

They did. It was done in the second or third episode when Nishiki takes Touka to his University.

THEY DID! Holy shit, completely forgot about it lol. Well, then there's really no excuse for the cutting of the details then, huh?
Apr 10, 2018 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
dedeogbe said:
Z4k said:

THEY DID! Holy shit, completely forgot about it lol. Well, then there's really no excuse for the cutting of the details then, huh?

I don't blame you, I forgot as well. Most of us try our best to erase Root A from our memory.
Apr 10, 2018 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
dedeogbe said:
Z4k said:

It'd make no sense if they added the chin scene if the part where Haise cried already got cut off.
Apr 10, 2018 10:25 AM
Apr 2015

I loved this part.
Saiyan_Prince said:
I've never cheated on someone before, but I've been cheated on. And let me tell you, it hurts like a bitch. If you don't want to be with someone, please just go ahead and end it before you even think about looking for that someone else. Don't wait and find that person in order to line it up first and then just move from one relationship to the next without even pausing. I honestly don't understand how people can be heartless enough to cheat on someone.
Apr 10, 2018 10:26 AM
Nov 2016
Why didn't they have Haise touching his chin in the scene where he says that he's actually happy? That's one of the best frames in the manga in my opinion because it shows that he still has his old habit.
Apr 10, 2018 10:28 AM

Feb 2018
Could someone explain to me why Kaneki is inside/is that new dude
Apr 10, 2018 10:28 AM
Dec 2017
that ending was amazing!!!!
Apr 10, 2018 10:30 AM
Dec 2017
xShinigami3125 said:

Just think about it, don't they look the same?
Apr 10, 2018 10:40 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good episode Glad to see more familiar faces.
Apr 10, 2018 10:44 AM
Apr 2018
Can anyone tell me what is the name of english song in the background at the end of episode when Haise meets Touka?
The episode was very good and hope in future others will be fantastic .
Apr 10, 2018 10:44 AM
Jan 2018
HE DIDN'T TOUCHED HES CHIN OMG
Apr 10, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2012
I looooooove this OP. So much.
Apr 10, 2018 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Decent episode, action was pretty average but wasn't bad. Pacing was fine, idk why not include the chin grab tho, also Sakura Ayane as Saiko is something I didn't know I needed. Curious to see how the Auction Arc will play out. Also wasn't fond of nutcracker's sfx, seemed more goofy than terrifying.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 10, 2018 10:48 AM

Mar 2012
xShinigami3125 said:

He got basically slaughtered right after where Root A ended by Arima. He then got amnesia and started going by a different name while also working for the investigators, as you can tell. He basically has a completely different identity now, and if I'm remembering the manga correctly, doesn't really remember his past life yet. Kaneki is just reaching out to him to embrace his inner ghoul once again.
Apr 10, 2018 10:50 AM

Jun 2014
Well I'm glad to see they slowed the pacing down. Maybe the adaptation can be decent if they continue like this (but with the unpredictability of Pierrot, who knows wtf will happen).

The coffee shop scene at the end was really nice, the music did a good job adding more emotion to it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 10, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2018
SparkleDuck said:
xShinigami3125 said:

He got basically slaughtered right after where Root A ended by Arima. He then got amnesia and started going by a different name while also working for the investigators, as you can tell. He basically has a completely different identity now, and if I'm remembering the manga correctly, doesn't really remember his past life yet. Kaneki is just reaching out to him to embrace his inner ghoul once again.

So it's almost Like what happened with that female ghoul and Kaneki in the first season that's kinda cool I guess
Apr 10, 2018 10:52 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not fond of the action, but oh well... the adaptation was ok, I guess.
3 chapters is acceptable for sure.

The meeting with Touka felt ok, the subtle introduction of Furuta was nice, although I really don't like how they portrayed him in the OP, is really unnecessary.

All in all it was ok.
Apr 10, 2018 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
Nice episode again :)

And finally Touka is back!!!
Apr 10, 2018 10:56 AM
Jan 2018
I have a question is tokyo ghoul re following root a ? if not how are we suppoed to know it ?
Apr 10, 2018 10:56 AM
Apr 2016
Some people just can never be satisfied. Good episode!
Apr 10, 2018 10:59 AM

Dec 2017
Oh, they did the animation for Arima correctly this time, I'm so glad. Hope Eto gets the same treatment. Now I can't wait to see Eto×Kaneki moment! They make such a perfect couple to me. <3

Overall a great episode. This is what I was talking about: 3 chapters per episode. No rush! It finally feels more like Tokyo Ghoul manga comes to life, rather than some straight-up edgy shounen fights. With this, hopefully comes the possibility for 2 cours (24 episodes) season.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

96 by bakakisima »»
May 7, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

49 by bakakisima »»
May 7, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

240 by bakakisima »»
May 3, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

417 by bakakisima »»
May 3, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.