Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2018 3:33 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the garden is the facility where they all grew up in. So the garden is located in a snowy area huh. Man the 9's sure are a arrogant bunch but ichigo's retort was well timed. Hmm so their true intent was to test Zero's powers now that they have awakened. Must have been nice seeing the garden and remembering you were back then. So this is how the kids are trained and enhanced before becoming parasites. Zero's change in personality sure was scary. So thats what running out of time meant. An interesting episode that introduced some interesting questions and revelations to the story while also doing a good job of providing some background too. Can't wait to see what happens next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2018 3:37 PM
Mar 2018
iliyanski89 said:
Anyone knows when the second cour is starting? Been searching around for a while....

I saw on reedit that there is no break between ep 12 and 13 so nextu weeku
Mar 31, 2018 3:48 PM

Nov 2017
IVRBRK said:
iliyanski89 said:
Anyone knows when the second cour is starting? Been searching around for a while....

I saw on reedit that there is no break between ep 12 and 13 so nextu weeku

Thanks man. Preshaydit.
Mar 31, 2018 4:33 PM

Dec 2016

Hype for next episode !
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Mar 31, 2018 4:45 PM

Oct 2015
IVRBRK said:
Prog_upworks13 said:
welp is become more hard to see the relationship between hiro and 02 :(

She just dont Know that she met hiro before and when she was talking about meeting her real darling she was speaking about hiro without knowing it.but because of that last scène hiro remember everything and he is about to confesss a 2nd time for sure

It didn't meant I dislike 02 . Well After watching the sub I understand what happen. Great episode for sure.
Mar 31, 2018 5:00 PM

Dec 2015
Oh fuck off, I hate these kinds of cliffhangers.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 31, 2018 5:08 PM

Dec 2015
Good to see the old facility, kind of like the snowy scene as well.
I think 02 distancing herself from hiro , other than the reason she want to meet her darling, she loves hiro as well , and she dont want hiro to feel betrayed when she take his life someday maybe so she want to make him hate her
But the darling is hiro isnt it? How they both forgot , we’ll see next episode
Mar 31, 2018 5:21 PM

Aug 2011
Fck damnit I want to see this again

I don't like how she's now, what she said to Hiro made me so dmg :'(
Mar 31, 2018 5:39 PM
Aug 2016
And now this series has become Elfen Lied 2.0

Both protagonist and heroine had met sometime in the past bit for some reason didn't really remember each other = check

Both heroine have pink hair and horns = check

Both heroine I'd considered as uncontrollable monster by others and our protag is the only one who treated her as normal human being = check

Now I just hope this series has proper ending and not as shitty as elfen lied
mat619Mar 31, 2018 5:46 PM
Mar 31, 2018 5:39 PM

Feb 2018
yooooo, the flashbacks
yoooooooo, kaworu appeared
yoooooooooo, zero two snapped
yooooooooooooooooo, shes about to kill him

8/10 not enough memes
Mar 31, 2018 5:42 PM

Sep 2016
More info, thats welcomed anytime.
Amazing episode 5/5

To the guy who complained about music. The ED song fits perfectly
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 31, 2018 5:44 PM

Mar 2012
I'm sure they will explain what's happening to 02 in more detail later, and to be fair, 02's personality change can entirely be explained by the fact that she's turning into a "monster" as she believes; that said, I feel like they've been playing a lot of hide-the-ball lately. But look, I'm at least glad that Hiro properly confessed, even though it's buried under the drama, and even though a proper response from 02 will probably come way later.

One thing we should take note is that 02 does not remember that Hiro is the same person who saw her when she hadn't assumed a human form. Hiro is now remembering it as we see at the very end of the episode. How did 02 assume the human form she has now? How did she get this idea that killing more enemies will make her actually "human"? How did Hiro lose his memory? If his memory loss was induced, who and why? Lots of questions, and probably more, to be answered in the next 12 episodes. I'm happy they're finally moving along now but I hope they stay on track lest we get one of those endings with multiple unresolved questions.
Mar 31, 2018 5:49 PM
Nov 2017
very interesting ep. Can't wait to see where they take the series :)
Mar 31, 2018 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
all this episode was missing was some "Don't Lose Your Way" zero two baby what is you doin.
Mar 31, 2018 5:56 PM

Mar 2011
Wow...its finally moving...So 02 mentioned about her first special darling...Im pretty sure its Hiro considering we got some scene from Hiro about him meeting 02 in the past...Now go Hiro!!! Save your princess!!and I'm pretty sure Hiro already gave 02 her name when they were kids...I can't wait to hear her name!!

I can already picture what's gonna happen next episode....its gonna be their past...and in the end Hiro will shout the name he gave her when they were kids

Mar 31, 2018 6:08 PM

Sep 2017
Going against the general consensus here, but I'm not sure Zero Two doesn't remember it was Hiro she met in the past, the first thing she said when she saw him was "found you" However due to whatever memory/mind fuckery has gone on with him, he's not the same Hiro right now.

On another note I actually like how they've been shifting the focus between the characters, we started out mainly Hiro/Zero, then when quiet on it for a while to accommodate world and plot building, before shifting the focus back to the MC's. Pretty much progress as expected, although I do keep forgetting to factor in the nines when I'm trying to predict where it's going next
Mar 31, 2018 6:16 PM
Jun 2015
mat619 said:
And now this series has become Elfen Lied 2.0

Both protagonist and heroine had met sometime in the past bit for some reason didn't really remember each other = check

Both heroine have pink hair and horns = check

Both heroine I'd considered as uncontrollable monster by others and our protag is the only one who treated her as normal human being = check

Now I just hope this series has proper ending and not as shitty as elfen lied
I can't wait until she mentally regresses into a talking parrot that pees everywhere. Its what we all deserve.
Mar 31, 2018 6:17 PM

Jun 2012
This is a huge episode.

Don't know why people are hating on this episode.. I'm assuming this is when shit is going to get real.

And it's so hilarious how everyone is reacting the same way to when she said "You're just fodder". That actually triggered me too LOL.

There's also some huge ?'s. She said at the beginning "Found you" so this assumes she remembers Hiro from the past......... But now she doesn't know it's him? What? And didn't she say he was her first darling. What the fuck? LOL. Yeah that's the issue with the series so far..
SasoraMar 31, 2018 6:20 PM
Mar 31, 2018 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
That blonde guy knows a lot of stuff... And he seems to be different from the "normal" kids.
Hiro already met 02, and he is her first darling, as she said.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 31, 2018 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
geotraceur said:
Fck damnit I want to see this again

I don't like how she's now, what she said to Hiro made me so dmg :'(

Same :( Old 02 please come back.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 31, 2018 6:43 PM
Aug 2016
Sasora said:
This is a huge episode.

There's also some huge ?'s. She said at the beginning "Found you" so this assumes she remembers Hiro from the past......... But now she doesn't know it's him? What? And didn't she say he was her first darling. What the fuck? LOL. Yeah that's the issue with the series so far..

Isn't that"found you" actually referring to the lake? At that time zero treo wants to take a bath and she is looking for outbreak our something similiar and she's spotted the lake from above
Mar 31, 2018 6:45 PM
Jul 2014
Hot damn, this episode. Major plot revelations abound:

-The process of piloting a franxx slowly turns its pilots into klaxosaurs
-both Hiro and O-ni have the klaxosaur factor natively
-yellow blood cells both allow humans to pilot franxx and produce klaxosaur transformation
-spare parasites are undoubtedly killed off or sent into the wastelands to die.

Now we know why they call parasites "infected." Yellow blood cells ape the "klaxosaur factor" that's otherwise necessary to pilot franxx....

We also saw the culmination of the plotline begun in episode 11, so we know that Hiro met O-ni somewhere in the past, and the process changed him into what Mitsuru hated.
Mar 31, 2018 6:51 PM
Mar 2014
This episode started out really slow but this was a really good episode. I want Hiro to turn and be like Zero Two. The white uniform looks so much cooler
Mar 31, 2018 7:01 PM

Aug 2016
zannett said:
I'm sure they will explain what's happening to 02 in more detail later, and to be fair, 02's personality change can entirely be explained by the fact that she's turning into a "monster" as she believes; that said, I feel like they've been playing a lot of hide-the-ball lately. But look, I'm at least glad that Hiro properly confessed, even though it's buried under the drama, and even though a proper response from 02 will probably come way later.

One thing we should take note is that 02 does not remember that Hiro is the same person who saw her when she hadn't assumed a human form. Hiro is now remembering it as we see at the very end of the episode. How did 02 assume the human form she has now? How did she get this idea that killing more enemies will make her actually "human"? How did Hiro lose his memory? If his memory loss was induced, who and why? Lots of questions, and probably more, to be answered in the next 12 episodes. I'm happy they're finally moving along now but I hope they stay on track lest we get one of those endings with multiple unresolved questions.

I have a feeling that her believing that she'll become "human" is a result of the picture book that's shown in the flashback and the one that she's searching for in the library during this episode. It's pretty strongly indicated that she was found at a very, very young age and was probably coerced into fighting for this reason. I think the picture book will most likely be propaganda-like material created specifically for her and will feature a story that's supposed to mirror her situation in which the protagonist becomes "human" at the end as a result of completing a similar goal. It would explain why she's frantically searching for it now because she's "running out of time" to achieve that goal and wants to find it to validate her belief again. Also might explain why there's not a copy in the general library since it was specifically meant for her. Maybe, maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 31, 2018 7:03 PM

Jun 2012
mat619 said:
Sasora said:
This is a huge episode.

Isn't that"found you" actually referring to the lake? At that time zero treo wants to take a bath and she is looking for outbreak our something similiar and she's spotted the lake from above

I mean okay so lets say all of the stuff I said has an explanation. How does she not know that her darling was Hiro? If she knew her darling then she HAS to know it's Hiro right? Or... Somehow she knows that she had a Darling but doesn't remember the face.

And also this makes you wonder. The promise that Hiro made to Mitsuru, what if the promise memory that he made to Mitsuru also got erased when they erased his memory about Zero Two. And that's why when you look at that flash back his eyes were insanely dull like something had happened to him. I think it's obvious this group is going to do something about the adults or at least make us figure out what happened and why the setting is the way it is. It seems like every other group that we've seen has been more close minded hence every character that isn't the main cast saying "your group is special" or something along the lines.

I wish this Anime had original source material so I could go read the manga. The manga is even further behind than the Anime lmao.
SasoraMar 31, 2018 7:08 PM
Mar 31, 2018 7:32 PM

Sep 2015
Simple big question..... does Hiro understand what 02 about to do there?
Into the Internet!
Mar 31, 2018 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
It looks like it is trying to get interesting. Glad I didn't follow this from start otherwise I would've gotten burned out by like episode 5.
Mar 31, 2018 7:44 PM

Dec 2015
Top 10 anime betrayals. Was expecting some closure between Mitsuru and Hiro but instead got a flashback to e1 which is honestly better.
~
Mar 31, 2018 7:52 PM

Aug 2011
JUST ONE THING

We all are kind of sure that Hiro was her first Darling.
BUT.
For the moment, all we know is that he knew her as child.

BUT in the opening, you can see Zero Two's red hand with a hand wich looks like a hand from an adult, looking at his arm, his shoulder apparently looks like to be in a higher position than hers. And his hand is bigger than hers too.

So, what if her first Darling isn't Hiro but other guy, an adult who she knew as child, who's now dead?

Honestly, this have more sense for me (but it'd hurt me a lot </3) instead of the typical "They both were destinated since child".
And in that case, would be very hard on Zero Two to know that her first and true Darling is actually dead, making her go crazy, going to another plot.
geotraceurMar 31, 2018 8:32 PM
Mar 31, 2018 8:37 PM
Mar 2018
I think eps 9 and 10 is not a filler or some side love story. In those eps, we can see that 02 is changing from cheerful person to a quiet person. It would be weird if in eps 7 and 8, the cheerful 02 suddenly change to a quite person and berserk in the next eps (eps 12 becoming eps 9).

Sorry my english is really bad, but I hope you know what I mean
Mar 31, 2018 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
That was a fun episode. We got some theory confirmation, some world building, some Zero Two backstory, some fighting, and a love confession by Hiro. Still haven't gotten to the Grand Crevasse but we'll get there eventually. Lets start by talking about the Garden. It seems like potential Franxx pilots come to the Garden and are injected with dosages of yellow blood cells. We don't know if all children in the Darling in the Franxx universe are sent there, but it seems like a large portion of them probably are. The "Nursery Lab 3" that we see on Zorome's and Mitsuru's profiles is actually a research facility within the Garden itself and it seems that certain parasites are brought there for special experimentation. Only members of the group that have been there are Mitsuru, Hiro, and Zero Two. We know that Mitsuru was there for his Elixer Injection, but as for Hiro, we still don't know what makes him special. We can assume that Zero Two may have spent most of her time there as a child because of her klaxosaur blood. It has been confirmed in this episode that the red-skinned child from the intro is Zero Two, in what we can assume to be her "klaxosaur form". I'll talk more about her later. We can see that the kids at the Garden are being given yellow blood cell injections way earlier than what Kokoro seems to think is normal. The worker at the Garden explains that it is because of increased klaxosaur activity, and a need for capable and obedient pilots. This is worrying, because this implies that those young kids are possibly being partnered up, put into Franxx's, and being sent off to die fighting klaxosaurs. Talk about living fast and dying young. Not much else to gather from the Garden itself. Like the name entails, it's a parasite development facility. Some small things to note are that all the plantations seem to be convening at the Grand Crevasse which means we can probably expect a large battle pretty soon. This would explain why they need to churn out more Franxx pilots as well. It's clear at this point that none of the kids become adults, and that many of them may actually turn into klaxosaurs. (More on this later.) The group is still unaware of their mission to the Grand Crevasse. Ape probably isn't telling them, because of the likeliness of many of them dying. It would definitely be sad to see any of them die.

Now we come to one of the biggest questions in the series, what are yellow blood cells? These made up cells have been a question for debate since the beginning of the series and even at episode 12 we still don't know much of anything. This episode gives us a few more clues. At 9:27 we can see the injections that the kids are given are labeled AG-YBC. A possible meaning for this could be antigen-yellow blood cell. I think it's becoming more and more clear that these yellow blood cells are not naturally occurring.They are introduced to the kids at a young age to make them suitable for piloting the Franxx and it's probably because their young bodies are more open to biological change. There are a lot of theories as for what the yellow blood cells could be, but I hypothesize that they are antigens synthesized from klaxosaur blood. An antigen is basically just a foreign substance that causes an immune response inside the body. We can see that when Hiro had the blue growth on his chest he had an increased yellow blood cell count, but a normal amount of white blood cells. (No sign of an antigen or infection) This made me think that when the children are given the yellow blood cell injections they are in a way building up an immunity to the YBC's. Think of it like building an immunity to a venom. It's possible that if the kids don't have a strong enough immunity to YBC's, they are given the Elixer Injection like Mitsuru. If they die during the elixer injection it's ok for the society because that means they wont turn into a klaxosaur or "monster" like Zero Two. I think this what all the adults mean when the refer to the children being infected. They are infected with the yellow blood cell antigen making it possible for them to turn into klaxosaurs. A possible side effect of having the yellow blood cells would be an inability to reach adulthood. It's not out of the question. I also theorize that Ape came to Dr Franxx for help in an attempt to fight against the klaxosaurs. Through some unknown means, Dr Franxx took the blood of the klaxosaurs and synthesized the yellow blood cells from it. These injections were then given to kids so that they could pilot the Franxx. Now this is a stretch, but it seems like the Franxx's are actually former klaxosaurs that were turned into pilotable mechs by Dr. Franxx and others. It's the only reason I could think of as to why the kids need to go through such intensive preparation before piloting the Franxx's. If they didn't they wouldn't be able to connect to the Franxx's in the first place. This show draws many parallels to Evangelion, (especially with their art direction and symbols). In Evangelion the Eva's are former angels with the souls of each pilots mothers within them ( that is why Shinji and Asuka are able to pilot their Eva's). In Darling in the Franxx, the Franxx are former klaxosaurs that are only able to be piloted by people that have a high YBC. This would also explain why Zero Two can pilot the Franxx so well, she has the highest YBC out of any of the pilots. This also explains why when the Franxx's enter their "stampede mode" they look so similar to klaxosaurs. Especially with the X-shaped eyes and toothed mouth. Once we find more out about the YBC's I think it'll unravel most of the mysteries within the story.

I made a theory last episode about how Hiro had his memory wiped as a child. This theory still holds, but it also seems possible that Hiro might not have been the only one. All the kids at the Garden seemed to share the same blank expression as he did after his possible memory wipe. Maybe they perform some type of psychological conditioning to keep them from being rebellious, but it wouldn't explain the loss of memory. Not enough evidence to add to this theory, unlike the YBC theory. We now see the entirety if the Nine, and the group itself is strange. There are three grey-haired girls that look like triplets. I wonder if they could be clones. We still don't know how the children are actually created. The clone theory that has been lingering around in the community still could happen. We know for sure that wherever Naomi was being sent, she would have probably of been killed anyway. I still believe that she's dead, but I'm sure other people still have hope.

Now onto the the star of the episode, Zero Two. I had made a theory about how Zero Two suffers from an attachment disorder and this causes her to be uxoricidal in a comment before, but now I don't know. She could have an anxiety disorder from her excessive nail biting, irritability, and being always on edge but her actions counteract this. Zero Two is a really difficult to deconstruct unlike the other pilots, but I've come to the conclusion that she definitely has a body dysmorphic disorder. She perceives her own body as flawed and thinks about it almost constantly. This has caused her to perceive herself as a monster, which in turn has caused her to have constant emotional distress. This explains why she can't confront herself in a mirror, and why she can't confront Hiro about it. This is just a theory though. Something I found to be a key moment in Zero Two's mental deterioration is when she asks Hiro to kiss her. During the scene we can see that Hiro shows a moment of fear, one that Zero Two picks up on and this causes her to retreat. I believe that it is this fear that is causing all the issues we see by the end of the episode. This hesitation deeply hurts Zero Two. It makes her think that the Hiro she knows now is not the one she knew as a kid. She retaliates later in the episode by calling Hiro fodder. We've seen this type of "tough love" when Ichigo and Zero Two were in the garden. Ichigo doesn't want Hiro to be hurt, but Zero Two disregards his safety altogether. Saying that if he didn't survive, he just didn't amount to much. I feel like Zero Two almost idolizes Hiro in a way. Just like how the other parasites used to idolize him as kids, she kind of sees him as an almost invincible hero. Someone to save her from herself. Makes sense in terms of Zero Two's twisted way of thinking. Something I found interesting was when Zero Two asked Hiro why was he holding her back too. It seems like Zero Two thinks that Ape and Hiro are holding her back from becoming human, but its pretty clear that no matter how many klaxosaurs she kills it'll never make her human. I wonder if that's something that Ape told her would happen if she killed more klaxosaurs. It would definitely make sense since she is possibly the strongest Franxx pilot we've seen. Not much else to mention honestly. One last thing, I found interesting was the fact that Zero Two and Hiro met under a mistletoe. A mistletoe is actually a hemiparasitic plant that takes the nutrients from the host plant. Zero Two sucks the "life" from the partners she meets. Good symbolism for Zero Two.

Some final thoughts as always. Ichigo seems to always want to keep up her brave and bold facade. Hopefully if shit hits the fan she can actually walk the walk. Futoshi is taking his heartbreak with strides, it's admirable. They use the term "saurification" which is really silly, because it's just taking the "saur' part of klaxosaur and adding "ification". I hope this show keeps up its momentum, definitely anime of the year material.

Mar 31, 2018 9:16 PM

Aug 2016
Ahh this is why I hate airing anime.
I wanna know what happens next ;-;

Set by SenpieX
Mar 31, 2018 9:19 PM

Jun 2017
Finally we will see zero two's past in the next episode..
Mar 31, 2018 9:26 PM
Jan 2018
idk what to say actually, but this episode is something. ther is a mystery, emotional, sad, feels, and some background crisis. well i see lot of reference here. as we know this anime is literaly like a rip-off/copy/extract of lot others anime/story/movies, in this episode it almost feel like 02 have some mysterious background feeling like rei ayanami, but with completely different personality. well what im saying is that this anie cannto achieve 100 score 'cause it feels like a rip off, but i can give it 99!
Mar 31, 2018 9:28 PM
Jan 2018
idk what to say actually, but this episode is something. ther is a mystery, emotional, sad, feels, and some background crisis. well i see lot of reference here. as we know this anime is literaly like a rip-off/copy/extract of lot others anime/story/movies, in this episode it almost feel like 02 have some mysterious background feeling like rei ayanami, but with completely different personality. well what im saying is that this anie cannto achieve 100 score 'cause it feels like a rip off, but i can give it 99!
Mar 31, 2018 9:29 PM
Jan 2018
Sazerlim said:
Ahh this is why I hate airing anime.
I wanna know what happens next ;-;

sir, you are damn right!
Mar 31, 2018 9:37 PM
Jun 2017
her obsession is getting way out of hand
Fire Emblem anime when
Mar 31, 2018 9:38 PM
Jan 2018
why do they say MC is a failed specimen??
Mar 31, 2018 9:46 PM
Dec 2016
Blond dude is an annoying prick but there's obviosly more to him/his squad's past with 02, really interesting setup and reveal regarding the past "Darling." My theory goes along with the speculation that 02 and Hiro knew eachother when they were kids (with Hiro having his mind wiped and hence forgetting his promise to Mitsuru) in that past "darling" is really just Hiro at a younger age.
Mar 31, 2018 10:06 PM
Mar 2018
I think i know whats going on here.
So back than several ep.She has to get a test and she refused right?So i guest that test isnt really a test more like memory erasing.After she get force to has a test she dont even call Hiro "Darling" like before.They use 02 as a weapone to fight those monser.So they erase her memory to decrease the escaping rate cuz she's very strong so 02 can escape front line.and tricks her mind with "kill more monster will make her more human.If this is not make sense go back watch ep. that Dr.Franxx talk to Hiro.Its will make more sense why.
Mar 31, 2018 10:31 PM
Mar 2018
This is where it all begins. I am hyped to learn more about zero two. This is an epic start on the journey of these guys.

-the 2nd fight animation from somewhere in the beginning after the narration from the nines member talking to ichigo was a bit weird in where it started
Mar 31, 2018 10:50 PM

Dec 2016
I won't say much. I think it's better if I still lurking. But, also, I'm really annoyed with the "wow, sex, that's what makes her a bad character" thing. I come here to see the hits and mistakes that I couldn't see and what I find is prejudice as if it was a damn fucking criticism.

The same happened with poor girl Kokoro last week. She is supposed to be with the cool guy. OH THESE PRETTY GIRLS THEY JUST DATE THE IDIOTS WHY SHE NEVER GIVE A CHANCE FOR A COOL GUY LIKE ME FUCKING SLUT??????

poortier_boyMar 31, 2018 10:56 PM
Mar 31, 2018 11:33 PM
Anime Moderator
Ace Pilot

Dec 2015
I am really loving this series. It took me a few weeks to start watching it (although my friends swore by it from the first episodes) and I snobbishly wrote it off as fan service central. Buuuuuut I am weak to peer pressure and ended up caving, eheh.

The show drew me in with it's mecha metaphors for adult sexual relationships, but I feared it would eventually devolve into meaningless butt shots based on the first few episodes.

LO AND BEHOLD, I was incorrect. While the last few episodes started to drag (I loved the character development in the beach and Boys v Girls), I understand the necessity for a slower pace after how violent and quick the first few episodes were.

This week's episode brought Hiro and 002 back into focus, after the flashes of 002 changes we've gotten in the background these last few weeks. It seems to me like these next few episodes are going to start diving into some darker subject matter (I have had a sinking theory that 002 didn't actually give a crap about Hiro and that was ALMOST confirmed this week when she called him fodder). I think we are in for some deaths, but I've come to care about all of these kiddos (I guess those character building episodes really did their job). I think Futoshi or Ikuno are probably gonna be the first to go, just due to their abandonment by their respective partners. Or maybe it'll be Goro. His love confession came oddly early in what I would consider a typical story structure, and I have the suspicion that Ichigo will only realize what she's lost after he is gone (and she has that new sort-of love interest, yeet). OR maybe we will nice happy ending and lose no one.

I personally have no idea what is going to happen next, but I love reading all of your theories from week to week. This is my first forum post and I really just wanted to shower the MAL community with love. Your constant collaborative discussion and kindness towards one another reminds me weekly of why I love anime to begin with, and I hope I begin to chime in and choose to not just lurk in the background. ^^
Apr 1, 2018 12:23 AM
Jan 2018
I really hope this doesn't end up like the folklore.
Apr 1, 2018 12:28 AM

Mar 2016
EricCassidyWalt said:

-Oh no she is just using Hiro to meet her old Darling...

If you understand the last minute you'll understand that they met before, and she wanna meet him again. Well, she met him i guess.

If you think I'm normal, you're wrong.
Apr 1, 2018 1:03 AM

Jan 2015
Kadmos02 said:
I think Zero Two's flirtatious behavior towards Hiro is part of her agenda that she might be using him. Between 16:30 and 18:35 points out some reasons why I think she is merely using him:
-While romantic love does include this and more, I am under the impression she thinks such love is just kissing and sex.
-She tells Hiro to kill more Klaxosaurs and make her human.
-She points out Hiro is merely fodder for her.

Hiro truly loves her and has shown he would give his life for her, but she doesn't seem to feel the same way at the moment.

I guess my issue is why does he love her? She's hardly a good person, and she doesn't seem to like anything he likes...tho...we hardly know anything about most of the cast. Rather that stupid beach episod, we should've gotten an episode that show us what these kids like to do on a regular basis. What does Mitsuru do when he's not piloting, sleeping, or eating?

Same with Hiro; what does he do? What does 02 do? If she's all about killing klaxosaurs all the time, and they've been around each other this long, then why is their coexistence becoming a problem now? If he's in love with her, what does do that keeps that feeling going? You can say that she allows him to pilot, but that's not all it is. Hiro clearly says that her as a person is what he loves....but she's a b****, for the most part.

This series is all tell, and no show. Hell, it can barely do that. Half way into a 24ep series we've no clue of a central plot of any kind. After Hiro was able to pilot again, his character has just meandered about. Nothing great, plot wise, has happened to progress the story, or lack there of. Why is this series playing up the mystery this f***ing long? It'd be one thing if there was a central plot, but there's not! Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Witch Academia did not take this long to get the general, central plot going.

Also, this was billed as sci-fi, mecha action, not a slice of life with those elements, but it's basically being the latter.

This series is so frustrating. BestGuyEver's first impressions video makes more, and more, sense every episode.
Apr 1, 2018 1:11 AM

Sep 2011
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Kadmos02 said:
I think Zero Two's flirtatious behavior towards Hiro is part of her agenda that she might be using him. Between 16:30 and 18:35 points out some reasons why I think she is merely using him:
-While romantic love does include this and more, I am under the impression she thinks such love is just kissing and sex.
-She tells Hiro to kill more Klaxosaurs and make her human.
-She points out Hiro is merely fodder for her.

Hiro truly loves her and has shown he would give his life for her, but she doesn't seem to feel the same way at the moment.

I guess my issue is why does he love her? She's hardly a good person, and she doesn't seem to like anything he likes...tho...we hardly know anything about most of the cast. Rather that stupid beach episod, we should've gotten an episode that show us what these kids like to do on a regular basis. What does Mitsuru do when he's not piloting, sleeping, or eating?

Same with Hiro; what does he do? What does 02 do? If she's all about killing klaxosaurs all the time, and they've been around each other this long, then why is their coexistence becoming a problem now? If he's in love with her, what does do that keeps that feeling going? You can say that she allows him to pilot, but that's not all it is. Hiro clearly says that her as a person is what he loves....but she's a b****, for the most part.

This series is all tell, and no show. Hell, it can barely do that. Half way into a 24ep series we've no clue of a central plot of any kind. After Hiro was able to pilot again, his character has just meandered about. Nothing great, plot wise, has happened to progress the story, or lack there of. Why is this series playing up the mystery this f***ing long? It'd be one thing if there was a central plot, but there's not! Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Witch Academia did not take this long to get the general, central plot going.

Also, this was billed as sci-fi, mecha action, not a slice of life with those elements, but it's basically being the latter.

This series is so frustrating. BestGuyEver's first impressions video makes more, and more, sense every episode.

Totally agree with you on Hiro "falling in love with" Zero Two. Like, this is the reason why I'm suffocating when this show focuses on Hiro. It'll be always like "Zero Two Zero Two Zero Two Zero Two Zero Two" like what the fuck what does he see on that woman? I may understand if that's because he might be just a kid but holy shit. To be honest, all I see is Hiro is also even using Zero Two because Zero Two is his only partner that he can able to pilot a Franxx so that's why he's so obsessed with her and now he's mistaken to thought that what he's feeling is love, in which that's also frustrating to see. He's just another Mitsuru but at least Mitsuru has his own reasons and his reasons make sense on why he's like that but Hiro? He's just poorly written character. I prefer seeing Shinji whining over and over that he doesn't want to pilot an Evangelion instead of this shitty character named Hiro.
TennoujiApr 1, 2018 1:15 AM

Apr 1, 2018 1:12 AM

Jan 2015
Anerinus said:
Finally get a real freaking episode that advances the main plot instead of the stupid side relationships. I think we are gonna find out that Hiro was Zero Twos original darling. The testing they did on Hiro that changed him was with Zero Two. Fingers crossed they don't hold the story off to give us another side relationship drama episode..

Development for the other characters isn't the problem. The problem that there is no direction that the series is headed to. Other series have developed both the main, and secondary, characters while maintaining, and pushing, the plot. Just look at Gurren Lagann, or Kill la Kill. Both FMA series. It can happen.

Whoever wrote this show simply can't.
Apr 1, 2018 1:21 AM

Jan 2018
this episode saved the series
Ueno best girL

Apr 1, 2018 1:22 AM

Jan 2015
Tennouji said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Totally agree with you on Hiro "falling in love with" Zero Two. Like, this is the reason why I'm suffocating when this show focuses on Hiro. It'll be always like "Zero Two Zero Two Zero Two Zero Two Zero Two" like what the fuck what does he see on that woman? I may understand if that's because he might be just a kid but holy shit. To be honest, all I see is Hiro is also even using Zero Two because Zero Two is his only partner that can able to pilot a Franxx so that's why he's so obsessed with her and now he's mistaken to thought that what he's feeling is love, in which that's also frustrating to see.

The thing is, he's been shown to be smart enough to realize that he just using her before. Then he decided to push for a symbiotic relationship. However, we've yet to see them coexist on the regular. Besides pilot, and eat, what do they do together? We don't know.

What does she do? We don't know.

In a show like HxH, we get to see what Gon, and Killua, do. We also get to see that it's Gon's naivete, and earnestness, that drew Killua to him. We see them hang out, and play. We see that they have similar interests, and enjoy each other's company even when doing stupid things. That friendship is genuine.

This "love" isn't.

freecaio said:
this episode saved the series

Hardly. It's predictable as hell.

Also, ep 12 saved a 24ep series? Anyone still watching, is only doing so because they love Trigger, and want to support them. Also, for animation showcases like episode 11 was.

Antanaru said:
I think I'm done with this series. It has become really tedious to watch. Characters and writing are bland to the point of somehow being annoying. You just want them to get to the fucking point but instead they ramble on to no end. Maybe it was 02 being one trick cunt that broke the camel's back. Or MC being his jarring self. Or every other character having no personality outside of what is defined by their design.

Can't we get a decent mecha series once in a while? Is it so much to ask?

Iron-Blooded Orphans was the closest we got to a good mecha series in awhile.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
LunaApr 1, 2018 2:58 AM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1501 by Extremo888 »»
Sep 2, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

343 by NB_Links »»
Sep 1, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

50 by jumbosan »»
Jul 30, 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.