Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2018 4:55 AM

Mar 2014
Finally getting some backstory on Violet and Gilbert. He didn't want her to participate in the battles but he had to. I really liked the scene where she wanted to buy the green pendant. I hoped there would have been more casual scenes but hey that's to be expected since they were in the war. Still thinking that Gilbert is alive tbh.
Mar 1, 2018 5:09 AM

Apr 2016
And again the murdering loli is the most deadliest weapon in army's possession.

Give me a break ...

Mar 1, 2018 5:10 AM

Jul 2016
"Those bitches ought to know their places, and stay out of the men's business. You'd think by now they'd pipe down and make us some sandwiches.

Hey, you notice how nobody talks like us?"

Hey, that's what they might as well say considering their tone and behavior, towards sending A MINOR GIRL TO THE FRONT-LINES IN A WAR, that was TOTALLY started by Tornadus and Thundurus.

So looks like we continue Violet's story, by looking into her past, and by now, I can hear some people saying, "Why are you showing flashbacks in a time like this? Doesn't this put the story in a complete standstill?", to which I say, what do you prefer, a girl, who is grief-stricken by the truth, and reminisces about the rest of her days with the (seductively) Major, or two episodes of her moping or doing nothing, like the 3/4th of the Evangelion movie? I know it's a good film, but when you look into it, Shinji did nothing until AFTER Misaki kissed him.

We get an insight into the army and their treatment of child soldiers (Go Screw yourselves), and how Violet burns her enemies to the ground. It was nice episode, giving us a refresher on the story details that were mentioned, while adding a bit of polish to the whole story. We see how the Major, unlike the rest of the army, save for the Colonel, (Again, go fuck yourselves) doesn't treat Violet like a 'weapon' but as an actual human being, and loves her like she was his own daughter (If the everyone learned to love each other, the world would be a better place - Tommy Wiseau)

Later on, at the battle of Intens (?!?! PFFT! WHAT?!) we see the two work together and shoot the flare at the sky, but alas! Gilbert got shot in the eye by a surviving enemy! Will he survive? How will Violet take that assault (SPOILER ALERT: Not very well)? And the most riveting question, why did hey not shoot him BEFORE he shot the flare? I'm just saying, could've made their lives a little easier.

Find out next time, on Violet Evergarden.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Mar 1, 2018 5:30 AM
Apr 2016
Yo Netflix Go Home and back to sponsoring second and third rate films and serials. This is already an attack on art, which is still solely resting on Major faking it to start a new life because military is always a bunch of scums. In this case, I will forgive the creator for misusing the word "doll", if anything.
Re:formed
Mar 1, 2018 5:35 AM

Dec 2014
I would account the lack of affection to the fact that they were in the army, in a camp site. I don't think that officials would randomly show affection to a little girl/weapon.
Mar 1, 2018 5:37 AM

Sep 2008
Still good and it looks like the next episode will be too.
Mar 1, 2018 5:44 AM
Dec 2016
Really one of the best animated fights scenes I have seen in any anime. So fluid.
Mar 1, 2018 5:50 AM

Feb 2014
Best episode so far. =)

My respect for Gilbert has risen ten-fold after seeing how he treated Violet with care and respect, unlike the dickhead Dietfried, who treats her nothing more than a tool. Under his care, she was able to read and write, as well as kicking the crap out of the enemy soldiers with her insane battle skills.

The episode also showed the full scene of how Violet got her emerald brooch that she wears to this day, which was really nice. =D

But the battle of Intens was pretty intense. Solid animation and even more impressive sound effects made the whole scene brilliant. I knew that Gilbert would get injured eventually, but I didn't expect him to be shot in the eye out of nowhere like that.

All of this just made the current scene where Violet visits the manor house even more sad. I felt my heart drop when Violet saw the grave that had Gilbert's name written on it. You can tell from her facial expression that she doesn't want to believe whats in front of her. D=

I'm hoping that they'll show more of the past in the next episode, as I think the drama and feels will get even better.
Mar 1, 2018 6:20 AM
Jan 2018
This was a great episode(again), seeing Violet's past and her battles in the war fighting along side Gilbert.

I feel like the episode ended a little bit fast or maybe I was just really into the episode that I lost track of time. Hope to see more of Violet's past and how did Gilbert's body was not found.
Mar 1, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2008
GreenEmu said:
Taeakow said:
They even show Gilbert is shot from the eye i feel sorry for violet

The fact that they showed this makes me think

Massive spoilers for the LN in the image I'm about to post.

This better be the end we get if not ill be all ... fucking sad honestly ;/ Spoiler wise
sirwenceMar 1, 2018 6:28 AM
Mar 1, 2018 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
I was waiting for the battle to get so Intense that Violet loses her hands, and Gilbert gets really injured, but I guess it's going to happen a bit later.

Violet really seemed rather savage when Gilbert first met her. She couldn't even really talk, and was wild.

To me, it seems like Violet was experimented with, by "evil scientists", to create a murder-machine. Otherwise it seems so weird that she has the potential to easily murder so many soldiers. The army's secret weapon is a psycho-loli. So weird.
Mar 1, 2018 6:32 AM

Jan 2017
ooh, things are getting more and more intense... i sorta feel sorry for violet though, we don't know what life she had prior to being taken in by major Gilbert but something definitely shows when she starts fighting. jeez, she's is quite scary

dammit, their flirting is too NSFW; FWOAH, it got so steamy this episode... cant breathe, some people might just be staring behind me

Mar 1, 2018 6:36 AM
Time Traveler

Jun 2016
Sakuga!! The battle scenes are so well made! Wow!
Hey you!
Yes you!
Have a nice day!
And best wishes for your life's journey!

Mar 1, 2018 7:43 AM

Mar 2012
SalmonSandwich said:

-snip-

Novel readers I'm starting to question
What do you guys think?

I'm not a novel reader, but..
Mar 1, 2018 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
it's a flashback episode.
poor Violet.
Mar 1, 2018 7:58 AM

Oct 2015
Can someone explain this ending? I didn't expect it.
Will the next episode be like this? I think we need more information of the past of Violet and her relationship with Gilbert.
Mar 1, 2018 8:06 AM

Nov 2007
The anime rating soared further in anikore, the highest overall after a single episode in the calendar year, rising by 0.8 pts overall and still on the rise. And there are a lot of praises in 2ch as well. Japan has been spellbound by the direction of the episode. I have to give credit to Ishidate Taichi. He got a lot of stick from me for his direction with Kyoukai no Kanata but I have to say this episode was fantastic not only in visuals and animation but also in storyboard and directions.

I just checked the credits to see who actually worked on storyboards for the last 3 episodes.

Storyboard of episode 6 was done by Kigami Yoshiji, also known as Miyoshi Ichirou (三好 一郎) who has been with KyoAni with many years now.
Storyboard of episode 7 was done by Yamamura Takuya (山村 卓也) a rather new face in KyoAni, previously only worked with Maid Dragon and Hibike! Euphonium.
Storyboard of this episode was done by Sawa Shinpei (澤 真平) who previously worked in many KyoAni anime. I think all of them did fantastic works since Yamada Naoko's storyboard of episode 5.

Special mention of Yoshida Reiko because I think she is one of the best series composer/script writer in the industry.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2018 8:18 AM
Oct 2017
Great place to end the episode, it left me dying to see what happens next episode.
Mar 1, 2018 8:19 AM

Apr 2016
MeryNeko said:
Will the next episode be like this? I think we need more information of the past of Violet and her relationship with Gilbert.

Exactly what part of the ending did you not understand? I'll try to explain.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 1, 2018 8:56 AM

Dec 2015
The time passed so fast watching this episode. Really well done. But I still don't understand how she became a weapon. A random soldier adopt her and only trained her to kill? At least for me that's kind of weird, but I guess they won't explain this
Mar 1, 2018 9:25 AM

Apr 2016
thiago52192 said:
The time passed so fast watching this episode. Really well done. But I still don't understand how she became a weapon. A random soldier adopt her and only trained her to kill? At least for me that's kind of weird, but I guess they won't explain this

Yeah I doubt they would at this point. They have been pretty vague with her discovery.

I'll tell you what happened.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 1, 2018 9:38 AM

Mar 2015
For god sake, pay attention to your surroundings, wasn't expecting that shot at all.
Mar 1, 2018 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
Another good episode, finally this series started delivering. Sad backstory for Violet, but also beatiful moments with major Gilbert. That ending ... crazy stuff next episode i assume.
Mar 1, 2018 10:19 AM

Jul 2017
I would have liked this to have been the second episode, maybe with a tweek of Violet not knowing about the Major which could be kept for later in the series. This way you know what she went through and understand her state of mind and have more empathy for her. As it was we had sit through her being an emotionless (boring) character for 4/5 episodes with little to go on as to how she got to that point.

We still don't know what happened to her before Dietfried brought her to Gilbert. I'm guessing she was at some sort of training camp for (female?) orphans like the Black Widow Program in Marvel-verse.
Mar 1, 2018 10:47 AM

Dec 2009
Damn shot right through the eye. I'm pretty sure he's still alive since they keep referencing the lack of a body but damn.

Really interesting backstory. Violet really had no say in the matter when it came to being a weapon of war.
Mar 1, 2018 10:53 AM

Feb 2015
damn cliffhangers
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Mar 1, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
So did the slightly retarded grill found what love means? Even though I dropped this epic anime after 2 episodes, this question still bugs me
Mar 1, 2018 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
It's okay I guess, flashback to violet and gilbert's moments.
The final attack goes well but he gets shit at the end :( an eye shot isn't necessarily lethal though.
Mar 1, 2018 11:29 AM

Mar 2015
Tarotist said:
Violet must have went through some harsh training to be that good. And she charged into the cathedral while under fire from the enemy on the high ground and picked off one after another...with a rifle...while moving...

Aren't there more "weapons" like her? Just send a group of them in like a special forces squadron and wreck house! Then again, since these weapons have seemingly no emotions and no will of their own, you'd need someone to command them...

So Violet being treated like a tool until Gilbert began treating her like a human being. I liked the progression in this episode. Great sound effects with the military warfare too.

Now I hate to nitpick, but I'm going to ask a bit about that eye-shot...

Gilbert was standing at the edge of the wall/balcony or whatever:

He gets shot at his right eye. The direction that the shot came from was directly in front of him. This is proven when Gilbert's head jerks back:

These two enemy soldiers were nearby, although where they were standing in relation to Gilbert's position is unknown. It looks like they were either behind Violet and Gilbert or somewhere to the right of Gilbert. But the shot came from the front...:

And the barrel of this soldier's gun is smoking, which means he just fired:

Uhh....I guess we'll have to find out next episode...

If I recall correctly, just before Gilbert is shot he turns his head to the left to look at Violet. So the bullet could have struck his right eye on a trajectory that threw back his head, took out a chunk of bone but still miss his brain, if indeed as you say the soldier with the smoking gun was to the side and slightly behind them.
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 1, 2018 12:01 PM

Sep 2016
Pretty damn sure Gilbert is alive. If they never found the body, he must be alive. The more they try to convince, the more I'm convinced otherwise. XD

Typical in most anime. Except for Misora Naomi. ( ._.)

What I'm not happy about this series is that it may try to go the typical route of having Gilbert lost his memory from that headshot to explain why he never showed up to find her. Don't be another cookie-cutter anime.
TheSmilingShoujoMar 1, 2018 12:06 PM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 1, 2018 12:11 PM
Jan 2018
What a great episode!!!
The secret almost revealed and we still have 6 episodes which will come,and I hope Kyoani can maintaining consistent till the end
Mar 1, 2018 12:40 PM

Sep 2016
If that had been episode 1, I would care more for Violet. I feel like pacing is the main problem here.
Mar 1, 2018 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Fantastic episode! The whole episode was so well orchestrated!
Mar 1, 2018 1:39 PM
Nov 2017
This was so intense, I lack words... When the episode was over I felt as if only five minutes passed.
Mar 1, 2018 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far. I teared up.
Now we finally get to see a different face of Violet; one might even say her true nature. Also we get to see more about her backstory with the Major - usually, I would automatically dislike it because of the entire concept of backstories, but I have to admit, even though this is not the way I personally prefer to see a character's background develop, this one was executed beautifully.
First, the fact that we get to see an almost unreal different face from Violet than how she was like before. Any character that wants to qualify as a masterpiece needs this, let's call it, contradictory nature because for 90% of anime characters, this missing trait is what makes them so different from us real humans IMO.
Second, we see Violet actually facing the truth by looking at that grave in front of her. All the attempts at denial by Violet prior to this scene led up to this one moment which gives these scenes meaning.
Third, the very first scene of the anime led up to one of the stories told in the flashback. This is an extremely effective and satisfying storytelling technique IMO since you sometimes didn't expect that plot thread to be touched again somewhere along the way and yet it gets opened up again and concluded as well which surprises you a little.

This is only plot analysis though ... that's because audio-visually, there is not a single flaw in this anime, at least in my eyes. The ED hit hard right there.

I'm not saying this is a masterpiece (you never know until the anime's finished, actually). But it's one of the closest anything I've seen has come to one.

btw I have zero experience with this review/analysis-like kind of post (not that I intended to write a complete one) so please bear with me and give me feedback if you have a problem with any of it. Thanks for reading all of this :)
removed-userMar 1, 2018 3:53 PM
Mar 1, 2018 2:44 PM
Mar 2015
Great back story for Violet and Major. The Major made her who she is. She has lost so much of those days. It would be nice if he is not dead and they can be reunited in the end
Mar 1, 2018 2:47 PM

May 2016
Loved it especially that bite and those man clothing on her.
Mar 1, 2018 2:52 PM

Jul 2014
It's too bad this show is polluted with ridiculous and completely unnecessary elements like her being a super soldier, her being 14, her completely out of place hands, etc. It keeps taking you out of what could be an excellent story and makes you wonder... is this some sort of weird dream or do we have an unreliable narrator? Things just don't make sense, so what is going on?
Mar 1, 2018 2:58 PM

Jul 2015
Something is missing in this show... I don't know exactly why. Only a wild guess.

I don't feel invested emotionaly in any characters. Maybe if we could get Violet getting intimate with Gilbert from the beginning it would be better.

Characterization seems to have been messed up by the decision to start Violet's story at the recovery facility.

The potential is there, but it is probably too late to fix it.

AdrianRubinskyMar 1, 2018 3:01 PM
Mar 1, 2018 3:52 PM

Jun 2017
Wow, for me this was the best episode so far. All the action was nailed nicely. It felt like I was watching a completely different anime. Maybe it should have been a longer series starting from the point where Violet was still in the military.

Regarding the LN:
Mar 1, 2018 3:59 PM

Jul 2016
I know I'll be in the minority saying so, but this was one of the weakest episodes in the anime - at least plot-wise. Mind you, the plot has always been VE's biggest weakness so far (especially if compared to the high-quality animation), but this episode managed to reach especially egregious heights. I know some of you will be astonished by this comment, given how "emotional" you may have found this ep. to be, but please bear with me for a moment.

My first, and most important gripe with this episode is that everything about Violet and how people around her react reeks of what I like to call "Informed Attribute Syndrome". Basically, what people say about Violet in the anime and what we, the viewers, get to see on-screen have no match whatsoever.
Just about every person but the mayor treats her as a tool and openly comments about how she's just a weapon and all that - the red-haired guy is more on the fence, but given his comment about having seen Violet on the training grounds it seems his credit for her is more the result of his trust in the mayor than a personal assessment. This is frankly ridiculous - am I supposed to believe that everybody but Gilberto is blind or what? This is even more appalling if you think about how many people have swooned over Violet's blond hair and blue eyes in the present story so far, and compare this attitude to how insensitive people have been to her in the flashback (which raises the suspicion that it's been done just to boost her "cutie" points rather than for plot-coherent reasons). I would have understood if the mayor somehow started mellowing out AFTER he began seeing Violet's more humane side, but no - he was all over her instantly just like how everybody in the present time was, more or less. Sure, you may argue she was a bit more "unkempt" back then, but COME ON - the animation really waste no effort making her look as beautiful back then as she is now. All she gains since then is basically a better dress.
In short, there is little to no effort to ground in the slightest part the comments and reactions of people with what is shown on screen. Why is there such a huge gulf between how people look at Violet in the flashback? And why is everybody suddenly so endeared by her now? This is hardly addressed, as if the anime's only concern was to make her as adorable as possible in the past, and to swoon over her alongside the audience in the present.

My second, and somewhat related gripe with this episode, was just how "partial" it was to Violet. I'm not saying that she wasn't a child-soldier, or that she wasn't treated unjustly. I know that humans can be true bastards, sometimes. However, it feels kinda cheap to basically portray everybody but Gilberto as an asshole, while emphasizing just how unfortunate of a creature poor Violet is. Either it makes Gilberto a fool for trusting her so easily - before he even had a reason for doing so - or it simply makes everyone else look evil, period. Which I would tolerate if this was a show like, say, Garo, which involves explicitly inhuman villains like Bishop. But I think it's unacceptable, when it comes to actual humans like us, to portray their actions in such a groundless and immotivated way, leaving them completely disconnected from what we see. Sure, we do see scenes where Violet kills people and all that, but that's what being a child soldier is about - it certainly doesn't justify the extreme callousness showed by some of the characters in this episode, even in the face of obvious evidence of the contrary.

Bottom line is, I didn't like this episode because it felt as "partial" as a rigged trial, where it was already decided that we, the audience, should side with Violet because everybody else but her and a few others are inveterate bastards with no excuse for their actions and thoughts. And would I be supposed to take this in any way seriously? Please.
ZaratorMar 1, 2018 4:07 PM
Mar 1, 2018 4:46 PM
Oct 2017
[quote=Zarator]I know I'll be in the minority saying so, but this was one of the weakest episodes in the anime - at least plot-wise. Mind you, the plot has always been VE's biggest weakness so far (especially if compared to the high-quality animation), but this episode managed to reach especially egregious heights. I know some of you will be astonished by this comment, given how "emotional" you may have found this ep. to be, but please bear with me for a moment.

My first, and most important gripe with this episode is that everything about Violet and how people around her react reeks of what I like to call "Informed Attribute Syndrome". Basically, what people say about Violet in the anime and what we, the viewers, get to see on-screen have no match whatsoever.
Just about every person but the mayor treats her as a tool and openly comments about how she's just a weapon and all that - the red-haired guy is more on the fence, but given his comment about having seen Violet on the training grounds it seems his credit for her is more the result of his trust in the mayor than a personal assessment. This is frankly ridiculous - am I supposed to believe that everybody but Gilberto is blind or what? This is even more appalling if you think about how many people have swooned over Violet's blond hair and blue eyes in the present story so far, and compare this attitude to how insensitive people have been to her in the flashback (which raises the suspicion that it's been done just to boost her "cutie" points rather than for plot-coherent reasons). I would have understood if the mayor somehow started mellowing out AFTER he began seeing Violet's more humane side, but no - he was all over her instantly just like how everybody in the present time was, more or less. Sure, you may argue she was a bit more "unkempt" back then, but COME ON - the animation really waste no effort making her look as beautiful back then as she is now. All she gains since then is basically a better dress.
In short, there is little to no effort to ground in the slightest part the comments and reactions of people with what is shown on screen. Why is there such a huge gulf between how people look at Violet in the flashback? And why is everybody suddenly so endeared by her now? This is hardly addressed, as if the anime's only concern was to make her as adorable as possible in the past, and to swoon over her alongside the audience in the present.

My second, and somewhat related gripe with this episode, was just how "partial" it was to Violet. I'm not saying that she wasn't a child-soldier, or that she wasn't treated unjustly. I know that humans can be true bastards, sometimes. However, it feels kinda cheap to basically portray everybody but Gilberto as an asshole, while emphasizing just how unfortunate of a creature poor Violet is. Either it makes Gilberto a fool for trusting her so easily - binsensitive people have been to her in the flashback (which raises the suspicion that it's been done just to boost her "cutie" points rather than for plot-coherent reasons). I would have understood if the mayor somehow started mellowing out AFTER he began seeing Violet's more humane side, but no - he was all over her instantly just like how everybody in the present time was, more or
Zarator said:
I know I'll be in the minority saying so, but this was one of the weakest episodes in the anime - at least plot-wise. Mind you, the plot has always been VE's biggest weakness so far (especially if compared to the high-quality animation), but this episode managed to reach especially egregious heights. I know some of you will be astonished by this comment, given how "emotional" you may have found this ep. to be, but please bear with me for a moment.

My second, and somewhat related gripe with this episode, was just how "partial" it was to Violet. I'm not saying that she wasn't a child-soldier, or that she wasn't treated unjustly. I know that humans can be true bastards, sometimes. However, it feels kinda cheap to basically portray everybody but Gilberto as an asshole, while emphasizing just how unfortunate of a creature poor Violet is. Either it makes Gilberto a fool for trusting her so easily - before he even had a reason for doing so - or it simply makes everyone else look evil, period. Which I would tolerate if this was a show like, say, Garo, which involves explicitly inhuman villains like Bishop. But I think it's unacceptable, when it comes to actual humans like us, to portray their actions in such a groundless and immotivated way, leaving them completely disconnected from what we see. Sure, we do see scenes where Violet kills people and all that, but that's what being a child soldier is about - it certainly doesn't justify the extreme callousness showed by some of the characters in this episode, even in the face of obvious evidence of the contrary.

Bottom line is, I didn't like this episode because it felt as "partial" as a rigged trial, where it was already decided that we, the audience, should side with Violet because everybody else but her and a few others are inveterate bastards with no excuse for their actions and thoughts. And would I be supposed to take this in any way seriously? Please.

Who is this “Gilberto” of which you speak?
Mar 1, 2018 5:23 PM

Sep 2017
Fantastic episode. I wish we would have gotten something on why Violet is such a good fighter at such a young age. Others have said there was some military training camp thing which wasn't adapted (yet anyway). I was really surprised to find out that Violet was literate/didn't even understand their language.
Mar 1, 2018 5:52 PM

Apr 2015
I liked getting a bit of Violet's backstory with the Major. It's much easier to sympathize with her losing him when we can see how much he's been there for her.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 1, 2018 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
Major_Gilbert said:
MeryNeko said:

Exactly what part of the ending did you not understand? I'll try to explain.

It was a saying! Because I really didn't expect it.
But thank you so much, you're so kind <333
Mar 1, 2018 7:44 PM
Feb 2018
The show is really picking up! Getting to see more of their relationship prior to Gilbert's supposed death. I wonder if he's actually dead. Guess we will see. Only 6 more episodes for the season.
Mar 1, 2018 7:45 PM
May 2015
Zarator said:

I partially agree with you on your second point, I think it's the cheesy, unnatural dialogue that doesn't sell the complete disregard for her life by other people in the military, "Gil, she's no child. She's a weapon, just a war tool.", "She's only good for killing, and completely useless otherwise... Just exploit this orphaned girl as much as you can and dump her in the battlefield when she's no longer of use", who even talks like this? They're trying so hard to make us side with Violet and hate these people, but they're so comically evil I can't help but roll my eyes. One other thing that bothered me was the lack of logistics around Violet's role in the military. Just 'dump her in the battlefield' and hope she kills a few guys before eventually dying? Was that it? She (almost) botched Gilbert's operation when she disobeyed him and started the fire. As Dastardly-Whiplash as Gilbert superior was, he should have known that sending her in such feral state would probably jeopardize Gilbert's assignments.

On your first point about Violet still looking cute in the flashback, I think that's an issue with anime designs in general. And to why people treat her so differently in the flashback, remember, it was only Dietfried and Gilbert's superior who were so callous towards her, one of which had his entire crew killed by Violet. We didn't see anyone else other than these two mistreat her.
Mar 1, 2018 7:48 PM

Jan 2011
i just don't know man i just really don't care about any of this at all and it's not only the shows fault but something is keeping me from being attached to all the stuff happening right now( her being a super solider killing machine as a kid sure isn't helping me) as far as immersion goes and that's mainly due to them not giving not even a hint of explanation for it would had taken any kind of reasoning but this show doesn't have magic nor supernatural tags so it triggers me me

at least the visuals and sound are still on point so that's a thing i guess.
Mar 1, 2018 7:57 PM

Nov 2008
Eanraig said:
I partially agree with you on your second point, I think it's the cheesy, unnatural dialogue that doesn't sell the complete disregard for her life by other people in the military, "Gil, she's no child. She's a weapon, just a war tool.", "She's only good for killing, and completely useless otherwise... Just exploit this orphaned girl as much as you can and dump her in the battlefield when she's no longer of use", who even talks like this?

Human beings have done far more despicable things in the past. Just take a history class on all the different torture devices they've come up with.

Even in the present, people have DUMPED newborn babies into GARBAGE cans for f*ck's sake.

How the military acted in this episode is like nothing at all compared to what real people are capable of saying or doing. lol

Mar 1, 2018 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit this episode was intense! I mean everything so far has been flawless but this episode...YES!!!

I liked the good balance between flashback and present day. That grave scene though T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

626 by Readers0 »»
Jun 27, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2018

500 by marta_valse »»
Jun 27, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2018

236 by marta_valse »»
Jun 27, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

249 by marta_valse »»
Jun 26, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2018

287 by marta_valse »»
Jun 26, 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.