Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2017 8:38 AM
Aug 2017
I wondered for different story in the end of Love Live Sunshine.I know LLSIP has a great end,but i want LLS can be more better than former Love Live Generation.How about you?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2017 5:47 AM
Jan 2017
Its possible, i didnt really enjoy s1 and i feel like the music improved a lot. Its almost like they were testing out what ppl want in an idol show and this is the final product
Oct 10, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
no one can beat μ's
Oct 10, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2016
aquors already better than muse. they dont have many burdens with terrible voices like hanayo, nico, kotori and nozomi.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 11, 2017 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
I think Aqours is a lot better than Muse.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 11, 2017 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
manga aquors > anime aquors. that's all.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 11, 2017 1:14 PM

Sep 2008
The whole point of s1 was that they're not moose. Even if they have virtually the same personality traits, storyline, and songs. The real difference is aqours has braids.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Oct 12, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2012
snarat said:
no one can beat μ's

+1

Even in ep1 it's still obvious they are lingering in their shadows, trying to be over the top and not taking itself seriously. And that's the problem.

Because while µ's had many funny scenes and lot of cliche drama, they were normal people with feelings in the first place. While Aquors I can only see them as caricatures and parodies of the usual character archetypes.
Oct 12, 2017 9:09 PM

Jun 2016
maybe it will why not
Oct 13, 2017 8:40 AM
Sep 2016
GangsterCat said:
aquors already better than muse. they dont have many burdens with terrible voices like hanayo, nico, kotori and nozomi.

YOU RIGHT MAH BOIIII
Oct 13, 2017 5:43 PM
Aug 2017
Dankinator said:
GangsterCat said:

YOU RIGHT MAH BOIIII
hanayo's seiyuu is the worst lmao
Oct 13, 2017 5:44 PM
Aug 2017
Mich666 said:
snarat said:
no one can beat μ's

+1

Even in ep1 it's still obvious they are lingering in their shadows, trying to be over the top and not taking itself seriously. And that's the problem.

Because while µ's had many funny scenes and lot of cliche drama, they were normal people with feelings in the first place. While Aquors I can only see them as caricatures and parodies of the usual character archetypes.
yup maybe you right
Oct 14, 2017 2:44 AM

May 2017
In the world of idols, μ's is a legend, and it's tough to beat that lmao
But, I don't know, I have high hopes for Aqours
Oct 14, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2014
μ's songs were already average-below average and only made up for it thanks to some of its cast members (Nozomi, Nico, Maki).

Aquors' songs are all bad, the only good song in the whole last season was the one their opponents performed and the whole cast ranges from bad to shit tier (Mari) with the exception of Hanayo.

NO
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 14, 2017 7:34 AM

Sep 2008
Yato--- said:
Dankinator said:

YOU RIGHT MAH BOIIII
hanayo's seiyuu is the worst lmao

I used to think she was bad until she did the "Everyone help me!~~" on stage in Tokyo Dome in front of 90,000 people. That made me think she's pretty awesome!
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Oct 14, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2008
Impossible. Aquors can't even fit in Umi or Makis' shoes.

Oct 14, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2016
Hoppy said:
we all know trio soldier game maki-umi-eli carried muse, the seiyuus of those 3 are the only ones having legit singing career after muse disbanded
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 14, 2017 9:19 AM

Dec 2012
Not a chance
µ's > aqours
Oct 14, 2017 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
I actually really love Aqours.
From a design standpoint I think they're cuter than µ's.
don't kill me for saying that
Maki is still in my heart as I say that
Oct 14, 2017 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
the anime version kinda butchered the character introduction for Aquors.

Riko -> if you ignore the first 2 seconds that don't really count, she's first introduced as someone who's decided to go and jump into the water for no reason. well, one could argue that she was feeling the pressure from not being able to play the piano at a concert and what have you, but we don't know about this until much later - so her jumping into the water feels pretty random.

Ruby -> someone who screams loudly at the slighest touch of her hand by a fellow female student

Yohane...well Yohane is Yohane

Chika -> doesn't know who the head of the student council is...which should be common sense for the students.

introduction of Aquors character in episode 1 felt rushed at best and made to maximise meme faces.

i'm not saying introduction of muse character was that much realistic, but not even Nico's intro in Love Live was like this. in fact, the original doesn't even introduce Nico until episode 5. they didn't try to shoehorn every muse character right from episode 1 in the original.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Oct 14, 2017 12:59 PM

Jul 2016
U's is still better than Aquors. The newer songs are not as good, but the Sunshine season 2 opening is better than the original LL season 2 opening. Sunshine, as a show, also, is not as good.

Oct 14, 2017 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
GangsterCat said:
we all know trio soldier game maki-umi-eli carried muse, the seiyuus of those 3 are the only ones having legit singing career after muse disbanded
Some of them have begun to build voice acting careers though. I know at least Sora Tokui has been getting work elsewhere, e.g. she voiced Tenko Chabashira in New Dangan Ronpa V3
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 15, 2017 3:51 AM

Sep 2011
If we're going to compare them based on individual members, I guess maybe. Yes Aqours has better characters.

But if we're going to compare them as a whole group, I don't think Aqours can beat Muse.

To be honest, I can imagine Aqours can do stuff individually or can be separated into 3 groups based on their year level, I can perfectly imagine that. Aqours being 9 members isn't fitting for some reason, as if they're not acting as a whole group unlike when I'm watching Muse. Meanwhile, I can't think of Muse doing anything if they're not complete like it's really not natural if you see them lacking one of their members. I can feel the bonds of Muse' 9 members much stronger than the bonds of Aqours' 9 members.

Oct 15, 2017 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
As of right now I'd say there's absolutely no way of Aqours becoming better than µ's.
Sunrise has 11 episodes left to prove us wrong, so let's see how it goes.
Oct 20, 2017 6:10 PM
May 2017
And In Aqours,1st years and You,Riko NEVER wear bikini at all...even though such kind of Anime is for sexualizing and merchandising girls...what a contradiction....Bikini is the best way to sexualize em..
N1ghtwingOct 20, 2017 6:22 PM
Oct 22, 2017 7:48 AM
Jul 2012
I don't think one is better than the other. They are, in my opinion, good in their own ways.

When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Oct 22, 2017 3:08 PM
May 2011
I have a ton of nostalgia for µ's since I've been following them since 2013

but, at this point, it's too early to tell, but from a music and entertainment perspective, I like Aqours more. Yeah, BiBi is my jam and nanjol/mimorin are like godtier vocalists but, seriously, aikyan/rikyako are so good for singing. I still can't believe rkk learned piano in 3 months for the 1st live...

Seriously. Strawberry Trapper? Daydream Warrior? Kowareyasuki? Thrilling One Way? G-senjou no Cinderella? Aqours has hit such a wide variety of music, and they're almost always B A N G I N G

They're also not crippled by a bunch of bad vocalists. Sorry ily soramaru/shikaco/kussun but y'all were SHIT at singing. The only vocalist in Aqours that I don't like much is furirin mostly because I hate squeek voices.

And, for the record, Saint Snow > A-RISE. Self Control was a fucking banging tune. Don't get me wrong tho, I love Shocking Party lol

With all that being said, I'm still waiting for Aqours to pump out their "Snow Halation" song, the one song that rockets them up in popularity and just has to be played at every concert. Seriously. Snohala was played at every concert and the combination of emitsun's solo with the UOs is just something magical - I'm still waiting on Aqours to deliver that.

But, on just a track-by-track basis? Aqours is going very strong and I expect good things from them.
Oct 22, 2017 10:07 PM
Sep 2012
It's certainly possible for Aqours to reach µ's eventually. Love Live Sunshine still has a couple more seasons left in it to flush out the characters and make us like them more.

I still think Aqours has a long way to go before they reach µ's though. The first season was butchered with them ramming µ's down our throats every episode, rushed season, and the constant Chika x Riko yuri bait at the expense of every other Aqours member. Every other member had their one episode before being forgotten and You was thrown under the bus for the sake of that one drama episode. The first season was great for fans of Chika and Riko, but simply inexcusable for fans of the other members.

At least the second season has now started focusing more other members.
Oct 22, 2017 10:19 PM

Dec 2013
Sunshine feels a lot less cheesy than the original series imo. And the character development and story direction have felt pretty spot-on.
Oct 22, 2017 11:45 PM

Feb 2015
Sunshine already wins in my book because they actually made some efforts towards making their cgi presentable. Even what some people would call the most important performance by muse, Snow Halation, still looked absolutely atrocious. LLS season 1 was still hanging around the uncanny valley, but they didn't look like robots anymore. Now LLS season 2 the cgi is almost unnoticeable unless you are actively looking for it.

That is the only thing I care about, both groups have pretty much an equal number of fantastic and garbage songs. So that's not a factor to me. I'll be completely honest, I don't remember why muse started. I think Honoka just felt like it. But the motivation in sunshine isn't that much better. Just because 9 girls at a school ended up becoming successful idols, that means nothing to me. Now if you said, "Our school has various resources, facilities, and accommodations that have helped to shape 9 of our lovely students to find success." Then that would attract anybody striving to become an idol. Or are they so narcissistic that they think people will move to the boonies just to hopefully breathe the same air as the aquor members?

But I'm nitpicking. Sunshine is fine. The production alone will elevate the series leaps and bounds now that the dancing isn't going to give me nightmares.
Nov 8, 2017 6:33 AM

May 2017
They already are after just season 1

LLSunsine is made to better than LLSIP

And it already is better after just the first season

No plot armor, less cringy and not as random like LLSIP
LairucremJan 1, 2018 7:29 AM
Nov 14, 2017 4:50 PM
May 2017
Aqours sucks.It lacks story,plot and Yohane and Zuramaru and Ruby NEVER wear bikini at all.
Nov 19, 2017 4:52 AM

Oct 2017
in terms of the plot in the anime series, there's really not much to compare. they're just the same; orange-haired girl wants to save her school along with her two best friends, then comes along six more girls. but when it comes to the songs, Aqours is a bit more superior. i still love μ's though.
Nov 22, 2017 7:28 AM

Oct 2015
Tommy_Reyes said:
Aqours sucks.It lacks story,plot and Yohane and Zuramaru and Ruby NEVER wear bikini at all.
here, although it's the picture of one of their albums. I hope those BIKINIS change your mind :x

Nov 26, 2017 9:25 PM

Mar 2009
@EGOIST
Ruby covering up Dia. FeelsBadMan.

Nice picture nonetheless.
Nov 26, 2017 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
I wasn't a big fan of U's to be honest characters groups wise but their songs are better than Aqours. However Aqours have more character than Muse.
Nov 27, 2017 2:28 AM

Sep 2011
EGOIST said:
Tommy_Reyes said:
here, although it's the picture of one of their albums. I hope those BIKINIS change your mind :x

LMAO. Although that Chika's boobs seems totally wrong.

EDIT:

Just checked her sizes and what the fuck Chika's boobs is bigger than what I expected? I always thought at least hers is smaller than Honoka's because Chika's boobs on the anime seems really small to me like the same level as Umi's.

So that explains why Chika's boobs seems bigger on School Idol Festival story modes than on the anime...
TennoujiNov 27, 2017 2:34 AM

Feb 6, 2018 5:59 AM
Dec 2017
GangsterCat said:
Hoppy said:

Funny you said that.. when kotori's VA,, Ucchi has better (if not same) singing carrer than/as Maki's VA,, Pile... at least commercially (on oricon)..
Feb 6, 2018 11:02 AM

May 2008
Aqours is million time better. Better characters and first season sunshine already better than the first two season of the opriginal. Original only have one good character. Maki.
Feb 6, 2018 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
when it comes to music, i like some music i like and dislike from both groups. soundtrack is top-notch for both though, and the insert songs are catchy as well. Aquors season 1 suffered from rush and too much muse-pandering, but it's better in season 2.

Chika (manga version) > Chika (season 2) > Chika (season 1)

Chika (season 1): the school is closing down! that's so exciting, this is our chance to be muse and save the day! *obsession with muse reached 9 thous-*. wait, who's the student council president?

Chika (season 2): i don't care about Love Live anymore. i don't want the school to close.

Chika (manga): the school will close by the time underclassmen reaches our age and they will go their separate ways. i want to at least make this matsuri event to be very lively (so it becomes an unforgettable memory for the underclassmen when the school closes)

Feb 7, 2018 7:36 AM

Oct 2015
I'd say:
STORY (overall)
Sunshine S1>Original S2>Sunshine S2>Original S1

(characters)
Sunshine>original
(music)
I like more sunshine music than the original (snow halation is still the only thing that really caught my attention)
(buildup episodes (character development))
sunshine>original

yeah but I'm biased over aqours in terms of scoring. I think the second season suffered a lot on its presentation. It just didn't feel like Love Live anymore. I'd say season 1 was the better season since it felt like they didn't know what direction they would take aqours with and they finalized on them not succeeding(which honestly would have been good if done right but they didn't do it right, I wonder if we got a change of director/script writer) and honestly what @DreamingBeats said about the sudden change in Chika was a bit out of place tbh... I feel as though aqours had more development than muse and had a more solid drama script than SIP ever did despite the lackluster writing of the overraching plot about the school. I felt like they wasted the buildup season 1 had which was utterly perfect.

EGOISTFeb 7, 2018 7:43 AM
Feb 7, 2018 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
@EGOIST
i'm still at Sunshine season 2, episode [strike]7-ish[/strike]9, but for now..

edit: btw, some of character story is lost in the series and you need to read the School Ido Diary to get a more complete background of the characters. i also expect Aquors School Idol Diary to fell in the gaps in character background...when it gets released eventually.

DreamingBeatsFeb 7, 2018 2:56 PM

Feb 7, 2018 6:12 PM

Oct 2015
@DreamingBeats
Most of the drama on the original isn't really recurring like that of Sunshine which kinda lessens the impact on its viewers. That's one of the reasons why Sunshine truly impacted more on me than the original ever did. And as you already mentioned, muse is trying to convey something on it's drama episodes but usually fall flat at most cases which has a vital part to play not only for the characters but for the overall impact of the show as well. You mentioned that they only needed a few episodes from some drama but I think that completely defeats the main message Aqours is trying to convey.

The constant muse references made the show 100 times better. (P.S. It's not even that much as people say it is, this is coming from someone who recently rewatched season 1) and I know this might come off as bad writing to most or even be called another way of milking the series, I think that isn't entirely the case. I watched the first season of sunshine as it was airing 2 years ago and I wasn't that much of a fan of it as I am now and I watched it only about a month after I watched the Original which at that time I also had the mentality that the original would always be better. I watched it casually without really getting to overexcited on things but when Episode 10 hit, I knew it was already better than the original.

I'm not sure if you were the same person who I sent this video to but this scene really hit me hard and the constant muse reference was a modifier to that impact(a good one) and I think it wouldn't be as memorably if it was just done in a matter of episodes rather than making it a main goal

I do think that muse had more development done than aqours which is pretty visible considering the fact that they had ample time for development especially on season 2. Even though aqours might have paled in comparison, I feel as if these single character development episodes that we get lasts for a long run and are more meaningful than most of the original's. They come off as normal instead of bizarre like some drama of the original(which is honestly pretty annoying). One thing's for sure though, Chika is the one that developed the most out of all the characters in the franchise which I really appreciated(why she became my favorite).

I feel like some characters like Hanayo and Rin were overshadowed by its other members and that shouldn't really be the case in shows like these and I think they did a better job at balancing out their character's personalities on Sunshine. Even the show thinks that they are leaving out Rin, otherwise they wouldn't make an episode of her for season 2(even though it's one of the better handled episodes of the original)

As I mentioned before, they didn't even refer to muse as much as people make it out to be and even if they did. It isn't just a waste of time considering the fact that they associate it with its characters. Take Hanamaru's episode as an example, she didn't really feel like joining aqours because she's not really the outgoing type and we later get a scene where she was referring to herself to rin which was overshadowed by the others but still found a way to shine which makes it more impactful.

I will read the manga sometime if I ever have the time but I doubt it'll be as impactful as the anime is considering Jukki Hanada does a good job at composing the script for sunshine and his more recent work A place further than the universe.

TL;DR
MORE DEVELOPMENT
muse>aqours
BETTER DEVELOPMENT
aqours>muse
EGOISTFeb 7, 2018 6:20 PM
Feb 8, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
EGOIST said:
@DreamingBeats

that video is pretty cool, though i still stand by that they overdid glorifying muse.
mentioning muse in a few episodes is fine, and in the case of the rin reference, not bad at all. showing an entire muse music video clip for several seconds every episode until episode 8-ish. that's overdoing it. they could have done this in 1 or 2 episodes and get the same effect, especially if they time it right.
(an example being Pripara) don't get me wrong - i love muse as much as the next fan, but every second spent on muse is a second that could have been spent on Aquors, and with only 13 episodes, every second counts. i woudn't be surprised if they originally planned a lot more in the series, but cut it down due to time constraints.

honestly, Love Live would have been better if there were more episodes - i'm speaking for both the original as well as Sunshine. more episodes would allow for more character-development episodes, and less rush. PR: Rainbow Live comes to mind as an example of a series that woudn't have worked if trimmed down to 13-26 episodes. Bell's psychological breakdown woudn't be all that impactful if we didn't get to "know" her for several episodes beforehand. her breakdown doesn't come at random, either - it's foreshadowed right on the outset, through hints - large and small.

one thing worth mentioning though is Saint Snow - they feel quite different in season 2 compared to season 1, but in a good way - the unexpected drama in episode 8 wasn't out of place, and helped develop their characters in a way that made sense. this, along with episode 9 followup are among my favorite episodes so far.

btw, as for Chika - her new SIF UR (the one from your profile pic) is adorable!
"i wonder if it's cold because we say it's cold? it's not cold, i't not....ugh. it is cold"
her design is adorable in the manga - her smile alone in the 2nd volume is well worth it.

Feb 8, 2018 8:15 PM

Oct 2015
@DreamingBeats, where can you find the rest of the scanlation? AFAIK there's only like 3 chapters scanlated or are you reading it raw?

Yeah, I like this UR card as well. I hope we get more decent URs for her as much as Dia has haha.
Feb 8, 2018 8:30 PM

Nov 2017
DreamingBeats said:
manga aquors > anime aquors. that's all.
This 100%

Aqours has better music, and more interesting characters. But, the anime kind of fell back on their gimmicks too much, which is why the manga is underrated and the guy who is translating them needs to politely hurry up! I'd also like to see if anyone has translated any of the Dengeki G. bits.

Muse anime > Aqours anime
Muse everything else < Aqours everything else
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Feb 8, 2018 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
EGOIST said:
@DreamingBeats, where can you find the rest of the scanlation? AFAIK there's only like 3 chapters scanlated or are you reading it raw?

Yeah, I like this UR card as well. I hope we get more decent URs for her as much as Dia has haha.

i've bought the 2nd volume. i don't think you can find it raw (not even Book Live offers a free version).
it's every cent worth for a fan though, imnho.

(btw, it's an easy read. anyone with 1-2 years of Japanese should be able to read it with little trouble)

May 20, 2018 12:21 PM

Apr 2009
Nico Yazawa > Aqours.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2018 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
First and foremost, wtf?? µ's will always be way ahead of Aqours

Maki > Aqours. no printers just faxx

I'm even amazed people give such high regard to Aqours
Dec 16, 2018 9:54 AM

Nov 2018
For one thing, my friend really likes Sonoda Umi and he also said to me that he was and even now never prepared to leave µ's. Being the first generation stuff, I guess. Never tried to watch Aqours because the thought of being the second generation, but me? I will, or probably.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.