Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 6, 2017 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
well that was a cute episode!

Christmas episode on episode one :]
Oct 6, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2014
This was really good, better than I was expecting!
Finally, we have an anime about online games that stays anchored in reality and doesn't turn into just another Isekai. I mean, there's way more potential with a series that plays around with the real world and online one.

MC is great as well, and it's pretty obvious that dude from the convenience store is "Lily."

I've not watched all the seasonal premieres of anime I'm interested in (there's still Vanishing Line and Inuyashiki), but discounting sequels this might be the best introduction episode I've seen. It just had me smiling like an idiot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 6:18 PM

Aug 2011
This not in my list and don't know this show exist in this season!. Quite good i say. nice op and art
Oct 6, 2017 7:31 PM

Jul 2017
And now we wait for them to meet up in real life
Oct 6, 2017 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
There were lots of questionable aspect to this anime but it was quite refreshing to hear Mamiko Noto on an unconventional role..

Just don't tell me that Lily is actually that blonde guy (like why the fuck would a guy act like a love struck maiden even if he has a girl avatar?)
Oct 6, 2017 9:04 PM
Jun 2015
Looks interesting, a reverse gender romance. I hope the anime explores the outside as much as it does in the mmo.
Oct 6, 2017 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
A bit generic, but looks like later episode will be better.
Oct 6, 2017 9:16 PM

Oct 2015
better than I expected. The character design is nice too.
Oct 6, 2017 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Loved it.

Charming and surprising that they would go for a 30 year old NEET. Her reactions are perfect
Oct 6, 2017 11:08 PM
Jul 2015
The blonde guy at the convenience store is the girl from the MMORPG, right ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 7, 2017 12:08 AM

Feb 2011
Yessss a netoge anime without ecchi :DD
Oct 7, 2017 12:09 AM

May 2015
I miss Mamiko Noto's voice acting so much! She's perfect for this!

Now this is is how you start an MMO right! She tried beating a rat...with a stick. Stick > Sword.

This will be a fun watch. Adults who play MMOs to relax after a hard day's work. And this anime seems to transition between the game world and the real world. Finally, something different from the usual "trapped in the game" theme for once.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:30 AM
Oct 7, 2017 12:30 AM

Nov 2016
A promising start. It's a cute, simple set up with a lot of promise. Personally, I hope they show more real-world development and interactions for both the main characters so we can get a sense for why they act like they do in the game.
Oct 7, 2017 1:29 AM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode. Love the Op and Ed song
Oct 7, 2017 1:30 AM

Oct 2015
Meh. I liked Lily's design though :o
Oct 7, 2017 1:44 AM

Nov 2014
both irl mc's are adorable, ♡
Oct 7, 2017 2:16 AM

Nov 2009
Ruique said:
Lvl 80 and wearing your lvl 1 clothes? That's some good representation of MMORPG

This is probably one of those games that allows one to wear one set of items for the looks and another set of items for the stats.

MoeGod said:
Just don't tell me that Lily is actually that blonde guy (like why the fuck would a guy act like a love struck maiden even if he has a girl avatar?)

Because he is roleplaying as a girl, and his idea of what girls act like is based on romance and harem shows?
Because whatever you say sounds like "maiden in love" when you say it in that sweet voice?
Oct 7, 2017 3:12 AM
Aug 2016
i dont read the whole posts here...but am i the only one who thought the opening tone is similiar Senbonzakura?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 3:16 AM

Nov 2014
While it may try to be different i really didn't think it was special, felt like the characters were pretty boring and i didn't really care for them, comedy was also pretty bad though i did like the convenience store scene, also wasn't a super big fan of the art nor did i really enjoy the episode. Will keep watching though since it didn't force itself to have ecchi and fanservice
Oct 7, 2017 3:20 AM

May 2014
That was so cute, I met my light-hearted series of this season :v
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Oct 7, 2017 3:57 AM

Jun 2012
I got mixed feelings. I liked this, but from what I saw, they cut out things they shouldn't... This adapted 13 chapters, they didn't show the RPG details, like health and mana bar filling up when she is healed nor the cleared boss prompt, this doesn't bother me much.
But they also skipped her joining that guild or when she learns new skills and etc. on the long run I have worries for this.
Oct 7, 2017 4:42 AM

Sep 2013
Was waiting for half the episode for the Pink-healer to betray the MC for the loot, setting the scene for the actual other protagonist to save the day.
And then i realised that the healer WAS the other MC.

Anyone else? Or just me?
Oct 7, 2017 4:55 AM

Dec 2014
I wasn't going to watch this one but after reading the positive feedback I decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did. I can't quite put my finger on what made this so enjoyable for me but it nailed it. Of the shows I've seen so far this season this one had the best first episode. It made me so damn happy and by the end I was wearing a big dumb grin. I loved this and am so looking forward to seeing more of it.
Oct 7, 2017 5:41 AM
Jul 2010
Someone has some information on the manga ? It seems on hiatus since 2015 :/...

(the author may have health problems, but cant understand japanese without google trad so i'm not sure)

Moreover on comico website there are like ~90 chapters but i only found 5 translated ones TwT.
Oct 7, 2017 7:41 AM
Sep 2017
Nicromatic said:
Was waiting for half the episode for the Pink-healer to betray the MC for the loot, setting the scene for the actual other protagonist to save the day.

Would of been more interesting

Vische_HG said:

You say like it's a good thing

For me It was Disapointing series I'm probably goig to drop it
Hell I'm better of rewatching

And you thought there is never a girl online
Gamers

It's pretty much simpler but done better
AnimeotakuWeebOct 7, 2017 7:48 AM

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Oct 7, 2017 7:48 AM
Jul 2015
Anyone here has played as female character/avatar in an MMORPG ? And told party members in a chat that you are actually a guy in real life ? What are the reactions ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Oct 7, 2017 8:41 AM

Sep 2009
It has some shoujo vibes which makes it super adorable and it's refreshing to have adult protagonists instead of highschoolers!
What kind of seems weird to me is that the guy plays a girl and seems to be super into Hayashi even though that character is male. I mean there's nothing wrong with that but most male gamers I know wouldn't really be that emotionally invested in playing with other male players(at least he has to assume that bc Hayashi never states that he's a she in the real world)
But from what little we saw from him in real life he just seems to be a genuinely nice and innocent guy that doesn't think too much about the details so yeah kind of hoping that they both meet again in the next episode! Although that would make the development too quick perhaps?

Oct 7, 2017 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
This show made me unbelievably happy watching it, it's so refreshing to watch a show and absolutely love it and the characters this much from the very start. I really hope it keeps up, but I am so hyped up for episode 2.
Oct 7, 2017 1:31 PM
Aug 2014
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Anyone here has played as female character/avatar in an MMORPG ? And told party members in a chat that you are actually a guy in real life ? What are the reactions ?

In the gaming community you assume everyone is a guy until proven otherwise.
Oct 7, 2017 1:37 PM
Aug 2014
Plays a fantasy game but then dresses character up with real life clothes ._.

Oct 7, 2017 2:08 PM
Mar 2016
Oh another anime where the character are a bunch of gamers who doesn't even give a shit about the real world.
Oct 7, 2017 2:24 PM
Aug 2015
Is this anime based on a koren manhwa or Chinese manhua? I don't know but I got that feeling when I watched it
The concept is similar to netoge no yome except the part about the transgender thing. I enjoyed it but I might put it on hold and binge watch it later.
Oct 7, 2017 2:46 PM

Oct 2007
This was a fun watch, but it left me with so many questions! I guess that's a good enough reason to keep on watching.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Oct 7, 2017 2:48 PM

Mar 2009
She is my spirit animal.
Oct 7, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
omg that was so cute! I liked the main character, she's really adorable and I love the funny faces. I'm kind of confused with what they did though, they speeded up the level progression, which I thought the show would be about. It almost felt like an entire series squeezed into one episode... odd. Anyway, I'm wondering if that guy is gay. That would be such a bummer if they meet in real life at the end, which they most likely will. Overall I found this episode very enjoyable.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 7, 2017 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
There's no tag for the romance genre though,
which makes me hesitant to continue watching,
since the set up for the plot screams 'romance'.
Oct 7, 2017 10:24 PM

Jul 2015
Oooohhhh I quite like that opening. Off to a very good start with this one.

Anyway, this is why you don't trust girls online EVEN IF YOU CAN VERY CLEARLY HEAR THEIR VOICE, HECK, EVEN IF YOU CAN SEE THEM IRL. Remember people, G.I.R.L. is code for Guy In Real Life. (I know this for a fact as I am a guy in real life, but I only ever use female avatars in games, and some websites. Other times I'm a toaster waffle. Same for my male siblings.)
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 7, 2017 10:42 PM

Nov 2014
It's an interesting beginning. I like any stories that involves hidden identities. I'm a bit confused about the main girl though. The way she acts around Lily-san made her seem like she's bi or something. And she said she doesn't understand girls, so does she mean girly girls or girls in general? Cuz if it's the former then that's understandable, but if it's the latter then that must mean she's too masculine lol
Oct 7, 2017 11:37 PM

Aug 2017
basically
netoge without high school
Oct 8, 2017 12:47 AM

Feb 2011
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
Nicromatic said:

Vische_HG said:

Gamers

Maybe because I'm a female who enjoys things other than ecchi? The lack of ecchi is definitely a good thing for me. I don't have much interest in the other 2 anime you mentioned for the same reason. It's just a matter of taste, just because you don't like it doesn't mean the anime is done badly lol. Peace out~
Oct 8, 2017 12:56 AM

Oct 2008
I'm following this...seems pretty cute!
I wonder how the two will finally met IRL?
4/5.

Oct 8, 2017 2:34 AM

Feb 2014
Feeling pretty on the fence with this, think ill give it another ep.

Couldnt help but lol at this

Oct 8, 2017 2:45 AM
Sep 2017
Vische_HG said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:

Gamers

Maybe because I'm a female who enjoys things other than ecchi? The lack of ecchi is definitely a good thing for me. I don't have much interest in the other 2 anime you mentioned for the same reason. It's just a matter of taste, just because you don't like it doesn't mean the anime is done badly lol. Peace out~

I never said I didn't like it I said it was disapointing

Sameone pointed out that it has a shoujo vibe
Which it why I probably was I didn't enjoy it

I'll probably give it maybe 2more eps before dropping it

Dbash said:
basically
netoge without high school

Not really netoge had fun over the top chacters
With tonds of meda humour

Swagernator said:
To be completely honest, i was expecting from this to be another fujobait.

Thankfully Dodged a bullet
AnimeotakuWeebOct 8, 2017 2:55 AM

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Oct 8, 2017 3:37 AM

May 2015
It was a very nice start, I like that characters are not high schoolers and hope that next episodes would be as fun.
Oct 8, 2017 5:44 AM

Feb 2017
This was SO CUTE. I am already emotionally invested in this series.

I love the MC and her facial expressions.
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 8, 2017 11:12 AM
Oct 2016
Her legs are drawn very badly

Oct 8, 2017 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
I am watching first episodes of every new anime of the fall season, and this one is the best so far. I watched the entire episode with a grin on my face. It was so realistic. The real-world character designs were so perfect.

Has anyone else noticed that she bought a new PC meanwhile reaching to level 80? I wonder if she will have financial problems in the future. What I don't like in anime shows about NEET people is they never mention how they find money for eating and paying for the rent & bills. I don't expect so much but I hope this show approaches more realistically to this issue.

I hope that this show won't suck like Sword Art Online in the following episodes.

Troll12345678966 said:
This better not have a bullshit ending without any confession or kiss! If it just leaves us hanging waiting for a season 2 that will never come like a certain anime from summer 2017 (koff, Gamers! Koff koff) im going to flipp

Same here...
AhmedHanOct 8, 2017 1:12 PM
Oct 8, 2017 6:02 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoy this theme, it's nothing new but it's always fun to see. 2 people who know each other in a different way but their true selves are closer than they expect.

Hopefully we get to see them meet up.

Not really sure why but I'm quite enjoying Moriko's design too, as in her real life one.
Oct 8, 2017 6:28 PM

Jan 2013
This anime wasn't even on my PTW list, it was just one of those animes that i say "if i like the first episode i will give it a chance". But i will be honest, this one is great!
I really like how they portrayed MMO's and interactions between people, especially with people that spend their time playing the game because they don't have anyone.
It was a very heartwarming episode, and i already can't wait for that moment when they will meet in real life.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 8, 2017 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
luigi-dude said:

One final aside, I'm thinking they're gonna pull a Re:Life in terms of the catalyst for Moriko's shut-in status, I'm guessing a co-worker she idolized died and that's why she had the flowers in the beginning, but the company just kept on with "business-as-usual" so she got sick of the "real world".

OMG! Yes yes yes! It really reminded me now of Re:Life after you've said it! You are probably right, now it makes a lot of sense.
Thank you ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

121 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 25, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.