Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2017 5:49 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Goku's spirit bomb holy shit, that's one of the most epic moments I've seen in this tournament so far.

Jiren is really on another level compared to the other fighters. However, Goku also reemerges after the Spirit Bomb clash with some newfound powers. Nice. About time Goku is finally able to take on Jiren directly. Definitely one of my favorite fight from this tournament.

Btw, the special counted as two episodes since the PV for episode 111 was uploaded on youtube. (contains spoilers)
Oct 7, 2017 6:02 PM

Sep 2016
Woahh I have been very down on Super for the last 50+ episodes but man this shit was hype. That ending tho... bet Frieza is going to heal Goku
Oct 7, 2017 6:47 PM
Jan 2014
So am I the only one who remembers that the spirit bomb only works on evil people. It literally wouldn't have hurt Jiren at all. Other than that, the fight was still really cool.
Oct 7, 2017 7:35 PM
Dec 2015
alcombra said:
So am I the only one who remembers that the spirit bomb only works on evil people. It literally wouldn't have hurt Jiren at all. Other than that, the fight was still really cool.
Frieza's energy was in it.
Oct 7, 2017 8:39 PM

Jan 2009
damn that new form of Goku is awesome, its called ultra instinct they say and its the mastery of making your body move on its own and predict the incoming attacks just like what Whis is trying to teach Goku and Vegeta in the previous trainings

too bad Jiren is too strong lol, now Hit will battle Jiren next
Oct 7, 2017 8:55 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty amazing episode. Knew everything that was going to happen but still exciting to see. I wonder what Frieza is trying to do to Goku. Let's just hope Frieza returns the energy he owes Goku from back in Namek
Oct 7, 2017 9:00 PM
Jul 2014
Haven't been impressed much by DBS but new form was cool
Oct 7, 2017 9:13 PM

Sep 2015
I am more worried that Spirit Bomb will turn into Black Hole.

Shiny Goku >>>> Blue + Kaikoen because f logic PLOT ARMOR is here even will bring your body back to piece even if they just turn to nothingness.

If you tried to resist Spirit Bomb before it kill you with your will's power then make it collide with Spirit Bomb = Power up.... yeah OK.

How to make a story on Dragon Ball follow the step.
1. Make new enemy strong enough to make prev arc power up complete useless.
2. Traning time
3. Get new power on new arc.
4. Repeat

And why you even roar like that Goku? you are not Evangelion Berserk .
Into the Internet!
Oct 7, 2017 9:16 PM

May 2016
That episode... Oh my god I felt like a little kid watch dbz again. Thank you so much Dragon Ball Super!!
Oct 7, 2017 9:35 PM
May 2012
The writers know that the genki dama only works on evil people, yet they did it anyway to provide an excuse for Goku to get another form or whatever this is 😞

Oct 7, 2017 9:35 PM

Feb 2017
So we finally get to see Goku's new form in action. Calling it Ultra Instinct is better than Mastery of Self-Movement though. Hit saving Jiren was nice, considering Goku save him a couple of episodes ago. DAT ENDING THOUGH. I can't wait man. But Toei did great with the animation in this episode.

5/5
Shreeder4092Oct 7, 2017 9:48 PM
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Oct 7, 2017 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
this new form of Goku maybe is like THE ZONE in real life sports and Kuroko no Basket lol
Oct 7, 2017 9:55 PM

Apr 2016
Man .. that was intense. Best animation so far in DBS plus the bgm during Jiren vs Goku was spot on. It was worth the wait.
Oct 7, 2017 9:56 PM

Sep 2010
This special is probably on par if not better than Vegito's reintroduction holy shit I had goosebumps the whole time (*_*)

Though I thought there was a rule of no flying and Goku was levitating throwing that spirit bomb. What ever I don't care!
Oct 7, 2017 9:59 PM
Aug 2013
ZBlastHistory said:

Shiny Goku >>>> Blue + Kaikoen because f logic PLOT ARMOR is here even will bring your body back to piece even if they just turn to nothingness.

Unfortunately the majority of DB fans don't care about logic or story. Just slap on a shiny new transformation and the fans will salivate and shower it with praise no matter how much of an asspull it is.
Oct 7, 2017 9:59 PM
Jan 2014
Not sure if we can call Goku's new power up a "Super Saiyan ___". Seems more like what happened to Gohan. SO...Ultimate or Mystic Goku?
Oct 7, 2017 10:02 PM

Jan 2009
AdiiL said:
The writers know that the genki dama only works on evil people, yet they did it anyway to provide an excuse for Goku to get another form or whatever this is 😞

do not forget the Mafuba or Evil Containment Wave too, in Dragon Ball Super it works even on none evil persons too
Oct 7, 2017 10:05 PM

Apr 2014
Jiren is soooo damn Op that its pretty funny

but wow was the fight amazing when Goku transformed to his new form with the music and all was amazing though to bad that he cant use that power as his own but even still i wonder how they will even beat jiren at this point

as for freeza im sure he's gonna heal Goku just like on Namek when goku gave power to freeza Freeza is about to do the same

but yeah best ep so far of DBS

now to look forward to whats next
"one step at a time"
Oct 7, 2017 10:10 PM
Dec 2015
DazeFire said:

but wow was the fight amazing when Goku transformed to his new form with the music and all was amazing though to bad that he cant use that power as his own but even still i wonder how they will even beat jiren at this point

as for freeza im sure he's gonna heal Goku just like on Namek when goku gave power to freeza Freeza is about to do the same

Jiren is a God of Destruction level warrior. I can't believe Vegeta didn't give him his power, but Frieza did.
Oct 7, 2017 10:19 PM

Aug 2013
Savage Vegeta didn't donate energy for spirit bomb.

Interesting that even the Grand Priest thought the match was settled after the spirit bomb explosion.

Called it. Goku lost because he couldn't maintain his new form.

I think Freiza was trying to lend energy to Goku at the end of 110.

Oct 7, 2017 10:20 PM

May 2016
I just wanna say good job Toei, this episode get my first note 5 of 5 in Dragon Ball Super, keep on this
『  』
Oct 7, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Best 45 mins of DBS ever.
This episode was just beyond amazing, the fight and the soundtrack was so great.,Well done Toei..
Jiren is so damn a beast and Goku new power is really interesting.Can Goku rest to go all out with Jiren by the end and is Frieza going to try to kill Goku.
Oct 7, 2017 10:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
OMG this episode was LIT. Goku sounded like a monster while he was getting ready for his final punch on Jiren, kinda surprising they would make Goku sound like that.

That transformation was Amazing, man them weeks of hyping this up were well worth the wait. Goku gave Jiren a run for his money even if his power up was temporary. Owns Dyspo and Toppo alone as well.
I'm guessing Vegeta didn't donate because he well it's Goku's battle and I suppose he wanted to believe in him without the need to donate power.

Glad they brought back the Zamasu OST, that creepy song that plays when Gowasu wants tea lol. But it fit the moment well.

Jiren's guard spot on. Blasts Goku, and already blocking Hit's attack, like wow.
Can't wait for next week.
5/5 entire special.

Oct 7, 2017 10:46 PM

Jan 2016
Amazing episode!! All this waiting was surely worth it ^^ And there's a lot of stuff still coming! The Tournament has reached its climax finally :P

AdiiL said:

Well, we don't know if Jiren is purely a good guy. Maybe he kills evil people in merciless ways lol It still had Freeza's energy in it, I guess that would be a decent excuse xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 7, 2017 10:49 PM

Nov 2013
Not sure how many times i've watched his new form, but fuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah!

Finally a form that gave me some of the hype back i had when i saw my boy Goku turning into a ssj for the first time.
I jizzed and i'm gonna keep jizzing because he so badass and he will make Beerus shit his pants. lel :D
Oct 7, 2017 10:50 PM

Apr 2017
That was the best episode that I have ever seen for this series. THE animation was so beautiful, like holy shit! If the first half wasn't already good enough, then how was this for ya? You know, for such an average series (my opinion), it's about time that we got animation of this level after all those episodes... By the way, next episode looks really good.
Only in death are we all equal.
Oct 7, 2017 10:52 PM

Jun 2015
DAYUM!!! This shit is getting epic af *_*
Oct 7, 2017 10:52 PM

Nov 2014
yo i enjoyed the hell out of this and that spirit bomb comment from frieza was funny not to mention his statement at the end of the episode, i felt like peter griffin
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Oct 7, 2017 10:54 PM

Feb 2016
Vegeta is so damn salty haha.

And I wish by the end of tournament Vegeta or Gohan gets the spotlight. This new form is cool and all, but I want to see someone else shine for a change.
Oct 7, 2017 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
Holy shit that episode......
But next week is going to just as epic. HIT VS JIREN, I saw some preview where Hit managed to land some hits on Jiren.
Oct 7, 2017 11:01 PM

Apr 2016
Floyd said:
Amazing episode!! All this waiting was surely worth it ^^ And there's a lot of stuff still coming! The Tournament has reached its climax finally :P

AdiiL said:

Well, we don't know if Jiren is purely a good guy. Maybe he kills evil people in merciless ways lol It still had Freeza's energy in it, I guess that would be a decent excuse xD
Well honestly speaking, the point is that logic never works in long running anime like dragon ball, naruto, bleach etc. They are full of plotholes and sometimes few things doesn't make any sense but still fans watch it and enjoy it. Just like during future trunks arc they fucked up power scaling and during beerus arc they gave goku a healing kinda power if you remember correctly but he never used it again. So long story short, this anime is full of plotholes and it's better not to point out small details everytime.
Oct 7, 2017 11:24 PM

Sep 2016
I honestly liked it. I also uploaded the full goku vs jiren fight after cutting together only the fighting parts if you guys want to check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzSFx8F_Yo0 ... Not plugging anything sketchy, just the fight itself. I thought the animation was good except for in the second half. It could have been better imo.
Oct 7, 2017 11:28 PM
Jan 2015
voidepression said:
alcombra said:
Frieza's energy was in it.

LOL .. post of the day

But Goku is all beaten up .. want to see mystic gohan take down some powerful fighter ..

Also ,

Toppo : Justice Flash
Goku : (was like ) I don't a give a shit , bitch
IsekaiNekkoOct 7, 2017 11:45 PM
Oct 7, 2017 11:32 PM

Mar 2015
If only his new transformation wasn't an asspull, this episode would be a 10/10 for me.
It doesn't matter if Frieza gave him "evil energy", because unless the target is evil it won't work. Goku was going to use the Spirit Bomb anyway, with or without Frieza. Frieza's energy alone wouldn't do anything against the likes of Jiren.

The transformation itself was hype, the fighting/animation was great, the music was REALLY good.
At least he didn't win against Jiren, that made the asspull more bearable.
Still a great episode I guess in the end.

Hit vs Jiren should be really good too.
Oct 7, 2017 11:49 PM
Jan 2015
I don't know why people are unsatisfied with it . DBS is all about power hype and that feeling ( you know when you feel it ) .
People stop applying your brain to find loopholes and ruin your and other's pleasures . DBS is not about mytery or some intellectual show . It's pure fight and how goku grows. If you don't like it , stop watching it .
Oct 7, 2017 11:59 PM
Oct 2017
I am really disappointed.
Why don't they understand this simple fact that power is not the only thing that makes a goddamn fight interesting.
Ever seen, naruto vs pain ?? Pain was far weaker than strongest enemy and Naruto had no access to his full power (nine tails beast) yet, still their battle was the best in the whole Anime.
Why don't you (creaters of dbs) guys use brains ??
All you do is introduce a new villian without and give Goku new sparks and hair colours to fight that villian and rest all characters are there only to serve the purpose of giving energy to his SHpirIT bomb or for making filler episodes with shitty animation.
What's your problem ?
If you have run out of ideas, then make new. If you can't, then why the hell you don't ask others for ideas ?
If you don't change, mind you this won't go long.
Oct 8, 2017 12:01 AM

Mar 2015
nekkoMaster said:
I don't know why people are unsatisfied with it . DBS is all about power hype and that feeling ( you know when you feel it ) .
People stop applying your brain to find loopholes and ruin your and other's pleasures . DBS is not about mytery or some intellectual show . It's pure fight and how goku grows. If you don't like it , stop watching it .

It's unsatisfying because it's bad writing. I enjoyed everything else, but bad writing is bad writing. It doesn't have to be intellectual to have a good plot, it just has to make sense. This type of reasoning is just braindead and allows the creators of the show to pull random shit out of their ass because they know simple-minded folks like yourself will eat that shit up. Fairy-Tail is a prime example of this. If you want to shut off your brain, go ahead, but don't tell others who have reasonable complaints not to talk about it.
Oct 8, 2017 12:01 AM
Mar 2014
Yes, this new form is definitely an ass pull (made no actual sense), but you can't help but feel like a kid again while watching this episode. They were just aiming at heartstrings with this one, and you can't even be mad, because they fucking delivered on that HYPE!

10/10 would fanboy watch again... 23 years and over 100 animes later, and Dragon ball series is still my #1
Oct 8, 2017 12:05 AM

May 2010
Although Vegeta look interested in the new shinny, he still in his full confident mode most of the time is making me curious.
Oct 8, 2017 12:07 AM

Jul 2014
DazeFire said:

Goku was beating him with his new form but the "heat" was too much for Goku to handel so he could only use this power for short time, either way this epsiode was to hype jiren and Goku up

Next episode you see Hit can keep up with jiren so hype train is over
Oct 8, 2017 12:12 AM

Apr 2008
I am more hyped about seeing Vegito, but we'll see.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Oct 8, 2017 12:15 AM
Mar 2014
Ankittttt said:
I am really disappointed.
Why don't they understand this simple fact that power is not the only thing that makes a goddamn fight interesting.
Ever seen, naruto vs pain ?? Pain was far weaker than strongest enemy and Naruto had no access to his full power (nine tails beast) yet, still their battle was the best in the whole Anime.

You must be speaking of the manga, right?!? Because the anime fight "naruto vs pain" was complete garbage. It single handedly made me stop watching the anime on a consistent basis. NO anime should be taking cues from that battle -___- wtf?
Oct 8, 2017 12:18 AM

Jul 2014
Holy Shit Ribrianne is annoying i cringed so hard in the first 7 min ....

So what people expected turned to be true, Goku couldn't handel the new form and he burned out huh, well guess the rest of the match have to wait until later and seriously vegeta how tsundere can you be ? even frieza gave Goku his power

Hit Vs jiren should be great

Oct 8, 2017 12:20 AM

Jul 2013
I seem to remember the spirit bomb not working on those who are "pure of heart." Until I see Jiren ride the flying nimbus, idgaf.

That, and the fact that there are much larger plot holes and screw-ups we could be complaining about. Like the fact that goku did in fact kill kid buu with a spirit bomb, while SS at the end of Z. Or Beerus not dying with the death of the supreme kai when buu killed them (their lives are linked). Or forgetting Launch, one of the fucking main characters at the beginning of Z. Or Shenron not having enough power to get rid of Vegeta and Nappa at the beginning of Z. And probably the best of all: 5 minutes 'til Namek blows.

Learn to brush it off.

This was one of the best episodes in the super series so far.
Oct 8, 2017 12:21 AM

Apr 2016
Hit Vs Jiren gonna be more hype
BRAWLERS
Oct 8, 2017 12:22 AM

Jan 2014
Bruh the hype delivered god damn.

So many hype moments my god Jiren bodying Goku early on, the ost that played when ultra instinct Goku showed up, and when Hit pulled up on Jiren at the end :100: :ok_hand:

Pretty sure Frieza is helping Goku at the ending for sure.

Oct 8, 2017 12:22 AM

Aug 2013
That encompassed literally everything I've ever loved about DB and more. By far the best episode of DBS.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 8, 2017 12:30 AM
Oct 2017
DID ANYONE NOTICE WHY FRIEZA HAD HORNS ON THE LAST PART? !!!! WHEN she was in the ayer life or hell, Bacl in the old days they said Bad people feed on anger, which means that frieza was getting stronger while there, WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE TO BOTICE THIS?!!!
Oct 8, 2017 12:33 AM

Sep 2014
So Goku has achieved Ultra Instict which is hard for even a GoD to master. He cannot control his form yet though. I won't even bother to find explanations in Dragon Ball since they were and are always pointless regarding power ups and etc. Hit vs Jiren hype!
Oct 8, 2017 12:41 AM

May 2016
Finally, this was worth waiting for, a truly amazing episode I got say I got DBZ vibes from these last two episodes wow just wow.

I think that Frieza is giving back the favor on planet Namek when Goku gave him some energy.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.