Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2017 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Kiyokata finds Horikita after the drama and fight she endured...
Good thing he did too.

Jokes on Class C this episode. Glad they took the fall on their points especially with an asshole like Ryuuen. Basically, this episode concludes the anime and surivval arc between the classes. It's a shame that the anime is incomplete and some key characters from Class A didn't get enough focus imo.

Overall, I think the show was still interesting enough though. Just wish it had more to offer but I thought was overall satisfiying.
Sep 27, 2017 7:57 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Yes, concludes an arc but nothing more. For some would be a perfect ending for others a lame ending. For me is just the conclusion of an event but not enough to be an ending.

Sep 27, 2017 7:58 AM

Mar 2017
An enjoyable series. I suspect the LNs are better. Oh, well, another thing to do.

7/10. Lowered due to poor direction.
OPObsessedSep 29, 2017 6:15 AM
    have a berry

good day lol
Sep 27, 2017 8:24 AM
Aug 2016
Dang. The anime is finished. Overall I think it was a pretty good ending and enjoyable series :))) would definitely not mind for a season 2.
Sep 27, 2017 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
I've never thought you as an ally. Not you, not kushida, or anyone.

That inner monologue is edgy. Finally done it.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 27, 2017 9:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It was totally worth it to see Ryuen's and the bald Class A guys' faces when they realized that they got REKT ANALLY

Ayanokoji is truly a beast at what he does but man that ending was just ominous af O_O This man is probably some super soldier assassin and he's just in this for himself, like this man truly doesn't give a shit about anyone lol

Overall, this finale cleared up everything I needed it to (Besides the true identity of the panties thief but oh well) and now based off of what happened in the second half of the episode, I want a S2

This may not have been as great as I originally thought it was going to be, but it sure as hell was quite entertaining and intriguing to watch week after week and for that as well as the main characters of Class D (And bae in Class B - Whom I think is either trying to buy her way into Class A or D btw) I'll give this a 7/10
Sep 27, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good finale.

I suspect Ayanakoji would change himself to be the leader by using Suzune's illness as a reason. He sure played all the other classes.

Congratulations to class D for winning.
Wonder if Ichinose will join D class, I would love that. xD

Suzune all tsundere at the end was adorable. <3
Ayanakoji's thoughts were harsh and the Wings of Icarus metaphor seems ominous, till the end I never could figure out Ayanakoji and what he wanted.

Overall, a very good series with interesting and two faced characters. I enjoyed it all the way. I really don't have much to say about this surprisingly. I'd love a second season though.
8/10, Ichinose and Suzune for best girl. xD
Sep 27, 2017 9:46 AM

Jul 2012
Good ending to conclude this arc. So we find out in the end that Ayanokouji is one crazy guy that does anything to win. Sad that it is only 12 episodes. Will there be a season 2?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 27, 2017 9:47 AM

Apr 2008
The inner monologue of Ayanokoji... holy shit. That was astonishing. A season 2 would be appreciated.
Sep 27, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
Well at least it offered some sort of conclusion. I've been ranting about the same stuff in almost every episode discussion so I won't repeat the same stuff. I still don't think the show had a clear purpose, it didn't offer any characterization or character development, not even for the MC. It just kept focusing on many random events without a clear purpose or plot. Nothing happened, in the sense of actual consequences. I admit that this could be solely the adaptation's fault and not the LN's. Anyway, 4/10 for me
Sep 27, 2017 9:49 AM

Jun 2011
can any1 spoil me who stole the panty?
Sep 27, 2017 9:51 AM

Apr 2014
Was surprised but I might just either read the LN or possibly wait a long time for a season 2. I'm sure it'll get one sooner or later.
Sep 27, 2017 9:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So that was the person that Mio was reporting too now that was a surprise. Guess that was the only way of forcing Suzune to drop out of the contest though. Man the revelation that C and A actually had an alliance sure was surprising. Ryuen's plan sure was a genius one though. But what was surprising was the final results where C had 0 points while D had 225 points though. Best reversal ever i think. So this victory was already predicted by Arisu then. So Kiyotaka had already determined that Mio was a spy and planned accordingly then. A simple plan but a well thought out one in the end. The contract that class C had with A that was shown in the end was interesting. The ending for the series was quite cute but its nice seeing this change in Suzune's personality but the final part was the crucial one and a indication of his true aims and personality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
Interesting concept terribly executed, one of the worst shows this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 27, 2017 9:54 AM

Apr 2016
Damn Ayanokouji is playing every one of them. If any of you have read the light novel, was it ever revealed who stole Kei's panties? If it's revealed in volumes not covered in the anime, then I don't want to know. Otherwise, can someone tell me since they didn't actually reveal who it was this episode?

I'm definitely going to read the light novels.
Sep 27, 2017 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
Class D has done. The faces from the leaders of Class C and D, after finding out they lost was satisfying to watch. Ryuuen was simply after points and he did get what he wanted. Ichinose joining class D would be interesting. Kushida will have more competition.

Ayanokouji doesn't give a shit about others and that inner monologue in the end confirmed that.

Overall, I had high expectation for this and it didn't offer much but it was still enjoyable to watch. Wouldn't mind watching another season of it since it wasn't much of a conclusion. 7/10

Sep 27, 2017 9:58 AM
Jan 2017
Theorder14 said:

spoiler ------------------> ibuki did
Sep 27, 2017 10:02 AM

Aug 2015
What was this show trying to be? What was it trying to do? None of the conflict was nearly as dramatic as it was made out to be. Why did I watch all of this hoping something proportionate to its tone would happen? Why does this show have such a high score? I don't even care anymore, just start the Fall season already.
Sep 27, 2017 10:05 AM
Feb 2016
Well, just to be sure. I'm thinking if the girl seen in ayanokoji's flashback was actually killed by his sacrifice for winning? Any novel readers ?
Jul 2018
7/10, not bad not horseshit.

Jun 2015
An underwhelming finale. Congratulations to Class D for winning. Ayanokoji is very smart and cunning. He played the other classes like a fiddle. All he cares about is winning. It doesn't matter what needs to be sacrificed. He doesn't care about anyone. As for the show itself, it's terrible. 2/10
Sep 27, 2017 10:06 AM
Jan 2017
This anime indeed needs a second season

one of the best animes this year. Great story and concept, the characters are very very great as well

for me ayanokouji is the male of the year .. very smart good looking calm, he loves to win or should i say have to win .. doesn't give any shit to any threats .. he doesn't see any one as an ally and doesn't love to assign great work to him self

overall the episode was great doesn't give too much but we saw a liitle from ayanokouji intelligence and his past 7/10

the anime is great and hope to get a second season soon 8/10

Jan 2015
Well I'm glad this ended. Basically nothing happened in this show. 5/10
Jan 2017
i need someone who reads novel tell me if this episode really happened in the novel or the studio make alternative ending and walked away from novel
Sep 27, 2017 10:08 AM
Jun 2015
Well that was a disappointment. The only interesting thing was the last 20 seconds.
Sep 27, 2017 10:08 AM
Sep 2015
This show has a very little place for fudanshi like me.

But Ryuen's dad bod mode after come out of forest = 11/10 best anime ever!
Sep 27, 2017 10:12 AM
Mar 2017
good ending, but very short anime, definitely need second season!!!
Sep 27, 2017 10:14 AM

Feb 2017
8/10 decent ending, knew class d was going to pull through. Hopefully season 2 gets announced. Honestly though, this anime was super waifu bait and I thought the crazy blonde chick was wasted as a main character, they could have done so much more. Protagonist was good though.

Sep 27, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
Damn that inner monologue,edgy af but in a good way, that was hella ominous. Ayanokoji be playin all of em, for one second in that inner monologue I thought he would think "you're all just tools/pawns for me to play with"

Guess thats why Ayanokoji never answers whenever the nakama bs is being said, he probably doesnt even see them as equals.

Now overall this was a very enjoyable series, would love a second season.
Its not everyday that you have an MC outright deny the nakama bs and be all antagonistic final boss type monologue in the final episode, that was crazy.

Ps Horikita being tsuntsundere in the end was adorable af but soon destroyed/burned with the inner monologue.

10/10, season 2 when? I need a season 2! Oh and the sensei better be careful, she's bitting off more than she can chew with the stunts she be pullin. AOTS!
-StraySep 27, 2017 10:18 AM
Sep 27, 2017 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
The karma moment felt really good. Gotta admit they did a really good job on keeping the MC's past and character hidden. It is only in the last 2 minutes you kinda see his true color especially the; If I win thats all that matters personality is amazing.

Im hoping for a second season but from what I've read the opinions on that are really mixed (also in Japan) so yah fingers crossed boysssssssss.

Definitly anime of the season for me!
8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2017 10:16 AM

Nov 2015
i got surprised its like whole idea of Ayanokoji changed in last 20 seconds(need second season, could care less earlier though), for a while... i thought he was just trying to quote hes daddy, but... now it seems like he was going for win whole game.
Sep 27, 2017 10:21 AM

Sep 2012
goddamnit that final reveal left a mark. wtf ayanokoji you scum D:
Sep 27, 2017 10:25 AM
Oct 2009
Great series, it was clear MC was badass, he always acted in his own interests. Just remember his first dialogue with Horikita and all his thoughts, he never tried to be nice or to do smth. good, all his actions were for his own benefit in the end.
May 2016
Can anyone tell where does this leave off in the light novels?

Sep 2015
Hold your bear we got "evil" main character here.

And she just turn into tsundere.

Into the Internet!
Sep 27, 2017 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
All according to keikaku......

I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised that the revelations in this episode took a turn I didn't expect. I predicted that Ayanokoji was the one who showed up at the end of the previous episode, but thankfully that wasn't the case and the anime avoided going down what I thought was the obvious path. He really planned all this shit out well and in the end Class D was triumphant. It was hilarious to see that jackass Ryuen's reaction when he found out he lost after being so confident.

The anime got off to a pretty good start tbh, but after episode 6 it wasn't as intriguing anymore. I think the highlight of the second half was Ayanokoji's inner monologue at the end of this episode. It has me interested in who he really is and makes me want a deeper look at what made him become this way. It's a shame that the anime only teased a little bit of his backstory though. In the end, it started off well but ended on an average note.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 27, 2017 10:30 AM
Aug 2015
Man, I'm really sad now. This ending was epic as hell, Ayanokoji gave me chills. I'm in dire need of s2, seriously...is there any chance at all they'll continue it? Probably not, but I can hope.
Seriously, I loved those last lines, and I really enjoyed the series overall. Mainly because of Ayanokoji. Quickly became one of my favorite characters of all time just by the way he acts...sadly a very common case of amazing character stuck in mediocrite anime. Man, I need more, I want to know more about him.
Is there any way at all to read the LN in English past the anime ending?
Anyway, I'm glad they stayed true to Ayanokoji's character. This destroyed all shipping hopes ever I guess lol.
YokiiiSep 27, 2017 10:36 AM
Sep 27, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
I loved it when Horikita's generic tsundere got drowned out by Ayanokoji's utter apathy towards others.

This'll forever be one of the most interesting moments I've experienced in anime history.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Sep 27, 2017 10:32 AM
Nov 2015
This adaptation didn't do the LN any justice, especially with the changes made from the source material. If there is a season 2, i hope it is done by someone who isn't biased towards certain characters. Of course, the best option would be to remake it into a new adaptation that stays true to the source material but obviously, that is never going to happen
Sep 27, 2017 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
I really enjoyed this show so I am disappointed that it was only 12 episodes, would of liked to have seen more. There are still too many questions, Ayanokoji's past, whats the deal with the white haired girl in Class A, is Ichinose going to change class?

Hopefully we see something announced in the future.
Sep 27, 2017 10:33 AM

Dec 2015
Not since Mayoiga have I overall rated something a 4/10.

This show is bad, not in a way that is abhorrently offensive and unwatchable, but instead it chooses to insult the viewer's intelligence by teasing that something interesting might finally happen with each episode but never fulfilling its promise. I believed this series hit its peak at around episode 6 (where it was still at a respectable 7/10 for me), and then everything proceeded to go downhill from there starting with episode 7, which was pretty much an extremely cringey fanservice episode. A show that I thought was originally going to be a decent episodic character study soon completely lost its direction in terms of plot and meaning.

Ayanokoji's character felt like a less likable Hachiman with one of the most inconsistent characterization I have ever seen for a "generic, dull male protagonist." Some people might argue that Ayanokoji is "unique" or that his actions are justified, but considering the fact that he was pretty much a bland white knight for the first 11 episodes of the series only to pull a complete 180 towards the end of the finale episode is just truly baffling. Heck, I would've even somewhat accepted Ayanokoji's character motivations if there was even any light shed onto his backstory or meaningful foreshadowing from previous episodes, but all we got was a couple uncertain scenes of him taking part of some sort of experiment in his childhood (reminded me of the backstory of Katsuhira from the Kiznaiver, but less fleshed out), and a few questionable interactions between him and Horikita.

Even with all my complaints about Ayanokoji as character being all over the place, he still manages to be one of the more INTERESTING characters to at least watch. Horikita is a character that simply has no redeeming qualities other than following the tsundere character trope to a tee and pretty much being a clone of Yukinoshita, void of any likable traits from the former. I really wished Kushida got more focus instead, but she didn't, so she just remained a cliche yangire. Every other character were either extremely vague in their characterization or just plain dull and one-note.

Art and animation of this show is extremely bland and boring with the only part that stands out being the design of character's eyes. Sound was okay, the OP was catchy and ED was soothing and atmospheric. None of the OST stood out at all.

Overall, I felt like Classroom of the Elite was a show that tried to seem smart and intriguing, but just ended up failing with its lack of focus and terribly written characters.
HibikaseSep 27, 2017 10:39 AM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Sep 27, 2017 10:41 AM
May 2016
swampert260 said:
This adaptation didn't do the LN any justice, especially with the changes made from the source material. If there is a season 2, i hope it is done by someone who isn't biased towards certain characters. Of course, the best option would be to remake it into a new adaptation that stays true to the source material but obviously, that is never going to happen

At which volume did it end?
Sep 27, 2017 10:42 AM
Mar 2015
So the real main antagonist of this series is the main character himself... never thought the plot twist where he will think that all other people is just a mere tool, and that he win at the end is the only thing that matters to him.. Only antagonist would think like that
Sep 27, 2017 10:47 AM
Oct 2016
OPObsessed said:
An enjoyable series. I suspect the LNs are better. Oh, well, another thing to do.
in the LN he is very good in this "game" (god mode)
Sep 27, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2015
Good concept, poor execution.

Nothing else to add. Many people already wrote about the problems.

5/10

Sep 27, 2017 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
The main character:
AbusaeedSep 27, 2017 11:04 AM
Sep 27, 2017 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
So, in the end we found out that yeah Ayanokouji is an asshole and only doing all those things for himself. "Alright, alright, alright" - Matthew McConaughey. Nothing new. *yawn* I mean it's very evident from the very beginning. Lmfao.

Anyhoo, what a disappointing finale. Already expected that this is how it's gonna end. I expected more since this show had a lot of potential to be great and yet wasted its 2 episodes for shitty and dumbest reasons (that summer episode and the one which was filled with fanservice I can barely which episode was that).

Good for Class D to be the first place, then B, then A, then C. Lol. And it seems that Class B's leader want to transfer to Class D. Lmfao. Alright.

So disappointed in this anime, though I enjoyed the first two episodes of it.

5.5/10

Theorder14 said:

I reckon Ayanokouji mentioned that it was Ibuki who stole the panty.
TheDoggoneGirlSep 27, 2017 11:06 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 27, 2017 11:00 AM
Aug 2015
Wait... If all that matters is that he wins, then WHY didn't he directly access A class ? Can't bullshit the "didn't bother" or something like that, with such a twist.
Sep 27, 2017 11:01 AM

Dec 2008
Ayanokoji is the real villain here! He's just using any person and any opportunity to win against his father. Wow! Now I feel REALLY sorry for the female characters that want to get closer to him.

Need a season 2.
Sep 27, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
Ayanokoji made this show. I want more merely to see him.

Himitsu_17 said:
Wait... If all that matters is that he wins, then WHY didn't he directly access A class ? Can't bullshit the "didn't bother" or something like that, with such a twist.

Well it all depends on what he considers "winning" right? Getting what you want is what makes you a winner/successful. If he doesn't want to be in class A then he's already winning.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

210 by Bunnix21 »»
Apr 30, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2017

358 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

222 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

341 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.