Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »
Oct 29, 2014 4:03 AM

Oct 2013
Sebastian looks so sad in the end, he was waiting for his meal for so long and then, he realised that he'll never have it because Ciel turned into a demon, plus he has to serve ciel for eternity, lol ?

In the other side i'm so glad that they're both still alive and will be together forever, and Ciel left his mansion with his servants, will be missed of course Meyrin and the others.. poor Lizzie tho, Ciel left her after that sweet dance with such creepy music

Overall score 8/10, now onto BoC
Oct 30, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
Wtf kind of ending was that?? They sort of redeemed themselves at the very end but still I was really digging this season until these last two episodes.... Hmm now idk if this should be an 8 or a 7....
Nov 8, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Although it's sad that they he had to leave I think now that Ciel himself has become a demon, things will become even more interesting. They might encounter various mysterious stuff in their adventure. Anyway I enjoyed this season. But I enjoyed the first one a little more. And the yaoi hints just won't stop *sigh*. Also another WTF ending.

7/10
Nov 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
Well, well so Alois got Ciel turned in to a demon, I think that would have made for an interesting season after but since it seems Book of Circus disregards this season I guess we probably won't ever get to see the adventures of demon Ciel which I think would have been quite nice to see really.

I'm glad Sebastian killed Claude and with such ease.

I liked how Ciel thought he was drinking tea when there was nothing there, I was like "there's nothing there Ciel!" lol.

I was also wtf at first when it appeared Ciel had turned in to a demon but then it was thankfully explained after.

Although I would have thought Ciel's contract with Sebastian would have been null and void now that Sebastian has no chance of getting his soul, I didn't get how that was still in affect. Seeing as how Sebastian's part of the contract can now no longer happen.

I wonder where they were off to in the end, and can't believe they left the servants the mansion ... the servants who have barely been in this season, I did kind of miss their hilarious antics.

I did actually like this ending quite a bit, more than I thought I would and I liked this season more than I thought I would, now I don't know which I prefer! What a conundrum! They are both equally amazing.
Dec 14, 2014 12:43 AM

Apr 2012
As a second season, it was horrible because of the lack of continuity, especially with the only 1 season characters, but stand alone it was pretty solid. It's been a really long time since I've seen the first season but I'm not gonna lie: I honestly enjoyed the heck out of this shallow bowl of fanservice. It's just so much fun to watch. All I can say is that this is one of my favorite guilty pleasures.All in all though, it was still really solid but not really a cohesive part of the franchise.
Jan 17, 2015 5:19 AM
Dec 2013
This was almost the ending I had expected and hoped for, except where are they even going? Why can't they just stay in the mansion and live together. It's be less sad.
Feb 26, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2014
I feel sadder than the ending from the first season. Poor Sebastian.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Apr 19, 2015 11:03 PM
Feb 2015
poor Sebastian the author is too cruel.
actually I like that ciel didn't die but but I don't like seeing him become a demon. wish he was still a human. but if he was a human Sebastian would eat his soul idk I'm confused >.< atleast they are together? but become butler forever :( poor Sebastian :( still so cruel :(
Apr 22, 2015 9:05 PM

Sep 2014
That was just horrible...

I like that they tried to give it a unique, surprising ending, but the characters were just so OFF for me... Like for Sebastian to flirt with Grell, for example.

The ending they tried to reveal bits and pieces and stay with the confusing mystery until the end, but it wasn't nicely done! It was all over the place!

And the contract with Hannah was "Sebastian and Claude will fight to the death, then Hannah will die and Ciel's soul will be restored". Contracts were always a "you do this for me then I'll do this for you" kind of thing; I don't understand how their contract could make Sebastian and Claude fight!

Sebastian really deserves to just eat Ciel's soul already... won't he eventually die/go mad if he can't eat souls anymore?

Sigh. Bad bad bad. Needs more Phantomhive servants screentime.
Apr 25, 2015 10:56 PM
Aug 2014
Ugh was not satisfied with the ending. Fucking Trancy had to drag everyone down with him -_- Claude fucked up big time with the whole Alois/Ciel soul transfer crap. I'm happy that this isn't an official ending and is an anime exclusive thing because that is a fucked up ending. Felt so bad for Sebastian stuck with Ciel forever, Ciel seemed so condescending as demon lmao I wanted to bitchslap him.

Ugh the ending to season 1 was perfect but this just fucked everything up. If ever they are going to make a sequel to this series, it better be the duo finding a way to reverse the whole demon thing, since if Hannah's magic can turn him into a demon, surely there is a way to reverse it? Since you know Ciel was human in the first place.

Poor Sebastian T_T
Jun 14, 2015 4:18 AM

Jan 2013
What the hell did I just watch?
Jun 22, 2015 5:28 AM

May 2015
Waaaaahh!! I have nothing else to say!! The ending was MAGNIFICENT!! IT WAS PERFECT!!
Jun 24, 2015 11:37 AM

Feb 2015
I don't know what to say... I'm so confused! O_0
Jul 21, 2015 5:02 PM

Feb 2015
I am so confused right now and don't know how to feel...

Okay, I'm happy that Claude died. He was getting more annoying and creepy till the end. And what he did to Alois... I just hate him.

It is very ironic how Alois was the one to have his happy ending. I'm happy for him, though.. He was an awful person but towards the end I started to like him the most. Weirdly enough. But now he's happy! Yay!

What comes to Ciel and Sebastian... I really don't know. I kind of like how Sebastian was the one to end up in a eternal slavery mastered by Ciel. He obviously wasn't happy about that.

All I can say to that is: "Haa haa!" I don't feel sorry for him a single bit. I mean, I hated Claude but that goes for Sebastian as well. I like Sebastian more but still... I can't forgive what he did on Book of Circus.

And my thoughts on Ciel being a demon...? Well I don't care much. I hoped he'd die but this is fine too. Apparently it isn't so great to be a demon so I'm satisfied with that. Yes, I hated Ciel as well x)

I kind of wish I hadn't seen this season but I got to see Alois Trancy and hate everyone for the last time. It's been kind of fun.

There has been good things too. I mean I like Undertaker and Soma.

But in the end the best thing of this whole season is Alois who seriously screwed everyone's plans and made all the characters I disliked to suffer a bad ending. Is there anything else I can ask for?

And excuse me, now I'll be going to read the manga - which is way better than the anime.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Sep 4, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2014
Couldn't hate it more >_>

The series sucked on great levels. The only good thing about this season was the ED by Kalafina. And how hot Sebastian and Claude is.

The rest of the things were just...unimaginably awful.
Oct 15, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2015
well , indeed it was confusing ! I like the ending of Alois' story but I can't accept Ciel as a demon ! It is a nice and interesting point of view, but it's way too far from the original material. The rest of the episode was ok and I have to admit that I feel sadness in the scenes where Ciel farewells his friends !!
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Jan 14, 2016 5:17 AM

Sep 2014
OMG!!!!!! I Never even imagined that it will end like this. Immortality is nothing but a curse.
Now both of them are bound stay by each other's side for eternity. This Ending is not Good.
Jan 30, 2016 11:39 AM
Jan 2016
I just cant get over that fact that ciel is a demon i like him as a human i wanted sebastian to eat his soul :')
Feb 15, 2016 5:01 PM
Feb 2015
I cant help but feel great sadness for sebastion :P
Mar 21, 2016 8:11 AM
Mar 2016
Season 3 isn't the book of circus, the books of series is just a prequel. the real season 3 is about Sebastian trying to make Ciel human again... or that I heard.
Mar 24, 2016 11:47 AM
Mar 2016
To tell you the truth i don't really know what ending I wanted. If Sebastian ate Ciels soul i would be happy that the job is done but also sad knowing that black butler was over. And also with Ciel becoming a demon. I am sad that Sebastian is sad that hes a butler for eternity but also happy that they are together. Each ending comes with both pro's and con's and it bothers me that i cant choose the right one.
Also when Ciel left Lizzy for good that was hard, she truly did love him and his dance with her was his way of saying goodbye and she knew it. I do hope that the servants go and join lizzy's mansion but i don't really know if that will happen. In the end we have no choice but to see the ending as it is. a semi sweet ending.
season 1: 10/10
season 2: 6/10
overall I give black butler 7/10

Writing this has help me choose an ending. I think that Sebastian should have ate Ciels soul. because Ciel would have a happy/satisfied death and so will Sebastian being satisfied by his journey. its a win win for both.
Mar 26, 2016 10:32 PM

Jun 2015
These fucking 12 episodes were fucking awful! this season is even shittier than the first series; At least 1st season has engaging start, this season is more offensive, it's filled with even more fanservice, with more bishounen shinigamis and nosebleeds; it's not funny, not even it's bad it's funny!
The first three set up epsidoes were that horrible actually, but after that I stopped caring.

I didn't just waste my time in this; I got tortured!
So I guess this deserve 1/10 fucking piece of garbage!

I hope the third season is redeeming.
Aug 18, 2016 10:46 PM

Feb 2015
Whistles. Well, I watched this way later on but since I heard about what happened. I just thought of S2 as a spinoff.

It works much better because I'm not upset by the events or new characters. This was actually way better than S1. A lot more cohesive.

Poor Sebastian. He'll never be able to leave Ciel's side. Poor thing. So sad. But maybe he'll grow to get used to it.
Nov 21, 2016 5:48 AM

May 2016
Im totally confused I'm kinda happy and kinda sad about the ending poor SEBY a Butler for eternity
But the show will continue so lets be happy SENBY you need to find a way to eat no to devour his soul😭
Nov 25, 2016 12:35 PM
Nov 2016
I USED TO LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH! BUT WHAT THE FRICK????? WHAT IS THAT ENDING? WHY THO? K im not actually raging but i still got rid of all my bb merch... i mean what the heck? why did they make that ending? it creative and all but honestly, not happy at all with the ending. it made me depressed and it made me contradict life.
Jun 23, 2017 10:02 AM

Mar 2016
what the fuck type of ending was that.... so bad
Jul 20, 2017 11:19 AM
Jul 2017
I honestly had mixed feelings and questions running through my head. I really thought Sebastian would finally get Ciel's soul but instead he becomes a demon? Wth. No Sebastian is his servant forever and it sucks for him. Then leaving the manor to the servants. What happens to them? That was the main question in my mind. Overall I liked the ending. Even then I could have been way worse but it's a good ending for Kuroshitsuji
Aug 21, 2017 2:34 AM
Jul 2017
Alrighty. Even though it was a filler, the feels are strong with this one.

If anyone needs a summary for the ending, here you go:

While Ciel was on top of the tower, he ordered Sebastian to serve as his butler until his soul was eaten. Thing is, in part of Hannah's contract with Alois, one of the conditions was making Ciel into a demon. So after Ciel gave out the order and before Sebastian had a chance to eat his soul, Ciel turned into a demon. Sebastian's order still stands, and he has to keep serving Ciel. Since Ciel is a demon, Sebastian will never be able to eat his soul, so he will be serving Ciel for the rest of eternity because of the order that Ciel had given.

Oh god, I can't be the only one that feels sorry for Sebastian. Who would want an eternity of being a butler? All Sebastian wanted was Ciel's soul, and now he's in a lifetime of servitude. The struggles are real.
Nov 23, 2017 4:25 PM
Apr 2016
Am I the only one who feels really sorry for Sebastian? He's basically a slave now.
Nov 30, 2017 12:01 AM

Oct 2011
OMG THIS SERIES IS SO GHEI!! <--- screams this at every ep. srsly. lol

gotta love the dark tone here. even more refined than s1. Alois is awesome. the wiki ending was confusing but watching it was better. the way those demons fight over Ciel felt gay....alot. lmao. and then all 3 got contracts with the body smh xD

o m g summarizes my feelings.......

Mar 9, 2018 7:47 PM
Mar 2018
I hated the ending....It's such bullshit
Jan 1, 2019 4:43 PM

Mar 2017
I liked this alternative plot ... Only thing Sebastian has been a bit of a loser :/ When you intend to prepare a dinner too refined that becomes a demon that you must serve for eternity is so sad LMAO
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Jun 23, 2019 11:53 AM
May 2018
Mmmmm I'm Very dissapointed with this ending. Honestly it was very frustruating the fact that Sebastian lost Ciels soul. I hated Claud in every aspect (as a character, person, development, etc) He ruined everything, IMAGINE, he even made me feel sorry for Alois and i used to dislike him.

Honestly I didn't like this season, it complety lost its original pathway. But the first season and was bomb tho with the movies and arcs
AntoxiaaaaaOct 23, 2020 10:25 PM
Jun 23, 2019 11:58 AM
May 2018
ZoeUchihaa said:
I hated the ending....It's such bullshit

I totaly agree...
Oct 12, 2019 5:35 AM
Jan 2017
alois posessed ciel body.. and the fight between this two at one body...
poor alois, as bad guy he want to be lovin by claude but claude choose ciel soul after taste ciel blood..
wow one body making contact with 3 devil just like mangekyo haringan in ciel eyes,,
and hannah she really masochist devil,, wtf man..

the fight between sebastian and claude is good..
one miss from claude making his death, but i think i would see their true form,, but nope,
but still happy ending for claude, hannah. luka and alois,, they four become together at death,,

and ciel.. what happen with that red devil eyes? its feel weird and unconfort for the people arroud him..
he ging present that inside is memory of his dead to everyone who know him and said that he would go so far away..
and ciel was died and reincarnated as devil under order by alois that making sebastian cant eat his soul and become his butler for eternity..
poor sebastian.. he worked without pay.. and at last im wonder where they going to?
and alois envy is very dangerous thing..

happy dead ending for alois. and sad ending for sebastian got eternal curse..

7/10
Oct 12, 2019 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
what an ending my god, one of the best ending I have seen.
Dec 20, 2019 11:51 AM

Sep 2019
Love this season. So now he is a demon! This is getting even better. 7/10
Apr 27, 2020 7:23 AM

Oct 2018
Orynx said:
Alrighty. Even though it was a filler, the feels are strong with this one.

If anyone needs a summary for the ending, here you go:

While Ciel was on top of the tower, he ordered Sebastian to serve as his butler until his soul was eaten. Thing is, in part of Hannah's contract with Alois, one of the conditions was making Ciel into a demon. So after Ciel gave out the order and before Sebastian had a chance to eat his soul, Ciel turned into a demon. Sebastian's order still stands, and he has to keep serving Ciel. Since Ciel is a demon, Sebastian will never be able to eat his soul, so he will be serving Ciel for the rest of eternity because of the order that Ciel had given.

Oh god, I can't be the only one that feels sorry for Sebastian. Who would want an eternity of being a butler? All Sebastian wanted was Ciel's soul, and now he's in a lifetime of servitude. The struggles are real.

Thanks for the explanation! ^^

Estou meio confuso com o tanto de coisas que aconteceram no final, mas lendo alguns comentários acho que consegui entender boa parte. Só gostaria de saber como Hannah transformou Ciel em um demônio.

I'm a little confused by the many things that happened at this ending, but reading some comments I think I undestand the most. I just wonder how Hannah turned Ciel into a demon.
May 31, 2020 2:32 PM

Feb 2009
I guess I understand where the writers were coming from at least. In Season 1, Ciel loses because his soul gets eaten. In Season 2, Sebastian loses because he's bound by contract to serve Ciel and never gets to eat his soul. It's all a play on words.

Bitter Alois being disregarded wanted to hurt both Sebastian and Claude by making the very thing they were fighting over unattainable and Hannah wanted to help with that, so she offered to overwrite a contract by making her own with Alois. He wishes that they never get to have Ciel's soul. But at the same time, Ciel orders Sebastian to fulfill his contract as his "butler" and eat his soul since the revenge was completed. It leaves little holes in it though like, how come even though Sebastian had his meal stolen from under his nose he didn't actively stop it, how come Claude waited this long to eat Ciel, or how come Sebastian continued with the farce while knowing his bargain was already fulfilled but...I digress.

So, Ciel and Alois' wishes come in direct conflict with each other so Hannah tries to solve it by making Ciel a demon, that way no one can have his soul, unfortunately Claude ends up dead anyway so he gets nothing, but Sebastian is bound by the final order to remain a butler under he can eat Ciel's soul. Now Ciel has no soul. So a butler Sebastian will remain for all eternity.

It's a good resolution to those who hated watching Ciel die in Season 1. But knowing Sebastian will now forever remain 'Sebastian' and Ciel already told his friends he died so he has no life to return to at this point leaves them wandering aimlessly through the black and white roses with only each other for company...it's still kinda sad. I think even Grell (who at first I thought was kinda OC in this sequel) kinda knew what the outcome would end up being, which is probably why he indulged Sebastian as much as he could knowing that it truly was the end for him anyway. He's likely the only one who got to see the clips of Ciel's soul before he turned into a demon.

A demon being played at his own game huh. It's quite crazy but it works. This whole season is true fanfic-esque fashion, but I'm glad I saw it!

Jul 2, 2020 4:42 AM

May 2013
Pity this ended up being utter shit.

Back to the manga.

Nate ©
Jul 20, 2020 6:54 PM
Sep 2017
I was really really enjoying this season right up until the last couple of episodes. Still don’t hate it, but the end was so weird. Ciel was pretty creepy as a demon, especially when he was dancing with Elizabeth to that bizarre music. I half expected him to try to eat HER soul! Did he even tell her he was leaving, or what? Then to just say see ya never to the servants like he didn’t give a damn about them was harsh.
As for this whole contract thing, I don’t expect their time together into eternity is going to be very pleasant. It was obvious Sebastian was SO pissed off, and I don’t blame him. He did everything Ciel ever asked of him from the moment he rescued him when he was being tortured (S1), and his payment is that he gets an eternity of servitude to a lesser demon. Talk about sucky for him!
All in all, glad I watched it, but I kinda think it would’ve been better for Ciel to have paid the price he owed to Sebastian.
Aug 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Mar 2019
Trash until the ending huh? Going to put it at 1-3, I still have to decide, cause like I actually hated everything. Idk, the ending was dumb. We have never heard of people turning into demons or smth, yet here it is, Ciel being the first one. The opening was good so that's something, but I feel like that's why they made this season. So they can try this death note style of opening. idfk.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 8, 2021 4:09 PM
Aug 2020
Woaaahhh I wanted to atleast see how Ciel lives his life as a demon... for sure it will be awesome!! Ciel as a demon is so.....HOT! STUNNING! YUMMY AND DELICOUS... oops redundant. Hehe

And at some point, he will go to the 3 servants, the chinese siblings, the prince and his butler and his fiance when they get old and in their dying moments and then they will be shocked that over the years Ciel didnt even aged. I wanted to see the shocked on their faces...

I guess I didnt see Seb give Lizzie a gift? Speaking of Lizzie, I see, thats why Ciel dance with her for a last farewell....OMG.

Is it just me or Ciel's eyes turned black at the ending? And not noble blue?? Hmmm thats the one thing that Im confused.

Overall, I liked it!!! And if im allowed to be greedy, I WANT MORE!!!
EngiemJul 8, 2021 4:14 PM
Jul 8, 2021 4:29 PM
Aug 2020
hollybear234 said:
To tell you the truth i don't really know what ending I wanted. If Sebastian ate Ciels soul i would be happy that the job is done but also sad knowing that black butler was over. And also with Ciel becoming a demon. I am sad that Sebastian is sad that hes a butler for eternity but also happy that they are together. Each ending comes with both pro's and con's and it bothers me that i cant choose the right one.
Also when Ciel left Lizzy for good that was hard, she truly did love him and his dance with her was his way of saying goodbye and she knew it. I do hope that the servants go and join lizzy's mansion but i don't really know if that will happen. In the end we have no choice but to see the ending as it is. a semi sweet ending.
season 1: 10/10
season 2: 6/10
overall I give black butler 7/10

Writing this has help me choose an ending. I think that Sebastian should have ate Ciels soul. because Ciel would have a happy/satisfied death and so will Sebastian being satisfied by his journey. its a win win for both.

EXACTLY WHAT I THINK :))
Sep 17, 2022 8:53 PM
Aug 2022
It was truly AWESOME
Oct 13, 2022 12:47 PM

Feb 2019
Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved this series, but I think I would have preferred a more rounded ending. I wanted to see some of the characters come back together once it was done. So, what happens next, does he just start a new life and forget about everyone and everything he's done? It seems out of the ordinary for Ciel to abandon a few of them, I get that he is a demon and all (he looks soooo good! It suits him!!) but I wanted closure....
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ I cry now...thanks for this legendary anime though...
Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm at work....I just forgot to comment this lmao
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Sep 7, 2023 8:36 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Veain
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
O______O I don't know what to say ... I'll probably start to cry ... again ToT
The ending is Horrible Sebastian and Ciel deserved a happy ending. After everything Ciel has been through watching the ppl he loves died and burnt to death even his parents burnt infront of him as a little boy why Couldn't he have a peaceful death as a human or at least have get married to Elizabeth and have a happy ending. Are we just going to ignore that Alios and his little brother murdered a whole village?. Beuh C'mon this ending is rubbish. Both Ceil and Sebastian will now live in agony forever. F*CK!
Sep 19, 2023 9:04 PM
Feb 2022
erm.,,,,hefeieu
Feb 20, 11:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'm glad that they decided to answer the mystery points in full using the maze puzzle and whatnot but that just made the ending all the more infuriating, lol. In the end, the anime original character pretty much got what he wished to do...

I kind of enjoyed the banter between Sebastian and Claude, though. Directly continuing from Season 1's ending was a risky move, and I can't say that was the best, at least for me.

5/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 30, 3:44 PM

Nov 2017
Clearly, I strongly underestimated this second season of Kuroshitsuji!
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Sep 2, 2010

364 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 25, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1505 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 24, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Aug 5, 2010

208 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 23, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pheefa - Jul 15, 2010

199 by iggggi »»
Apr 20, 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.