Forum Settings
Forums

What manga would you like to see turned into an anime?

New
Feb 6, 2017 2:32 PM

Sep 2016
I would love to see All You Need Is Kill turned into an anime! It's a great manga and i think it would make a good anime. What are your opinions?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 6, 2017 2:44 PM

Jul 2016
I would love to see a good anime adaptation of Berserk, the 1997 anime is great but I want to see post eclipse stuff get animated as well as some things that were in the Golden Age but never animated like Wyald.
Gantz is also in desperate need for a good anime adaptation, the 2004 anime adaptation concluded before the really cool stuff started happening.
Feb 6, 2017 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
I forgot the name of the manga but it's a fantasy manga and the MC is like insanely powerful and he gets a harem...

But here's the twist.....he fucks all the girls.

No seriously....he has sex with all the girls.

I know what you're thinking....but it's technically NOT hentai.....it has a plot and everything.

The MC just literally does whatever he wants.

He even straight up NTR's one of his enemies by grabbing his girl and fucking her right in front of him....

It's some really fucked up shit.

So yeah....we'll probably never see it in a TV anime slot.
Feb 6, 2017 2:55 PM

Dec 2015
Since Im not reading a lot of manga... but I would love to see a novel by Akiyoshi Rikako called Ankaku Joshi (Girls in The Dark) or Houkago ni Shisha wa Modoru (The Dead Returns) turned into anime even if Ankaku Joshi will get its live action movie April this year, I think it would make a great thriller/drama/mystery/psychological anime XD
EufieFeb 6, 2017 2:59 PM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Feb 6, 2017 2:57 PM
Mar 2015
Hoshi no Samidare and The Climber. Hoshi no Samidare has the potential to be the best shounen anime made if adapted properly and The Climber would be an amazing psychological anime.
Feb 6, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2017
Berserk post Golden Age Arc. The 1997 version is fine, the 2016 one doesn't even count as an adaption.
Insert deep quote here
Feb 6, 2017 3:44 PM

Sep 2015
Dragons Rioting. I want to see the action scenes animated.
Feb 6, 2017 3:45 PM

Nov 2016
I just want more Hajime no Ippo; Also a full adaptation of Vagabond and I don't want no pussy ass censors.
Feb 6, 2017 5:00 PM

Jul 2015
I would absolutely LOVE to see Prunus Girl animated. Other than that probably Murciélago, or Hana no Asuka-gumi! need more violent female leads imo~
My tongue is itchy...
Feb 6, 2017 5:20 PM

Nov 2013
damianea103 said:
I would love to see All You Need Is Kill turned into an anime! It's a great manga and i think it would make a good anime. What are your opinions?

I agree. That would be the first good use of time loop in anime in my opinion.

And I want a proper adaption of Rosario + Vampire.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 6, 2017 5:27 PM
Jan 2016
Nora: The Last Chronicle of Devildom.

I remember reading the first chapter in an issue of Shonen Jump (still have that issue). And since I'm more of an anime person these days, an anime adap would be a good way to get back into it and see how they handle it.

I also remember reading a chapter of Psyren and wouldn't mind seeing an adap of it too.
Feb 6, 2017 6:09 PM

Feb 2017
i would like to see dragonar acadmy have a re release and stay true to the kn....the mana i read are adapted just poorly so just remakes while staying true to the authors intent would be nice
Feb 7, 2017 12:43 AM

Jul 2013
I just want a Tsukihime remake (I know Tsukihime is a VN, but the manga is really good).
Feb 7, 2017 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
From completed manga, doubt punpun would be able to have a good adaptation, it has a lot of visual storytelling which works only in the manga format. However if they adapt Urasawa's Pluto someday, it would definitely be a blockbuster, it's short and a bit easy to adapt too.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedFeb 18, 2017 10:14 PM
Feb 7, 2017 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Two manga I would like to see as anime are The Wandering Island and Tanpenshuu. Tanpenshuu is a collection of short-storries and The Wandering Island is a one volume manga but I would like to see what an anime adaptation would be like and what new ideas would come out.
Feb 7, 2017 1:24 AM

Mar 2016
Probably Dungeon Seeker for sure

Need more badass isekai character
Feb 7, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2010
Oyasumi Punpun, but its not possible or it would lose all of the potential, this is one manga which cannot be turned to anime
Feb 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Mar 2009
Uzumaki, Vagabond, 20th and 21st Century Boys, Wolf Guy, Franken Fran, Yotsuba&!, Vinland Saga, Pluto, Onanie Master Kurosawa, Dorohedoro, Basara, GUNMM remake, proper Berserk adaptation, proper Claymore adaptation, Sanctuary remake, Angel Densetsu remake, Liar Game, Blame! (THANK YOU POLYGON!), Tsukihime and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (though these are VNs), I am a hero, Omoide Emanon, Battle Royale... could think of more even.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 7, 2017 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
All you need is kill is a novel. And if it was ever animated, it shouldn't be done without ABe in the designs department (with this, even I who hated the 7euros book I bought for a ride would watch it).

Like always, I would propose Hôshin Engi. But there are way too many characters to make it on TV and Fujisaki's design seem to be a terrible thing to animate. (in this era where computer should allow us to animate properly more intricate drawings)

More seriously, I'm not sure to understand why would someone want to see his favourite manga be animated when he has already it all when he experienced the manga.

H-Chroma said:
Manmachine Interface. I want to watch all the glorious Motoko’s panty shots animated.

I thought this book was centered on another cyborg woman. And on big sci-fi stuff. Please enlighten me before I commit to buy the republished series next month (new fr. edition).

@Clebardman Just by the titles proposed, one can guess your nationality. XD
Is Kasane this good? (if it's a finished title in Japan, I am more than interested)
What's so peculiar about the gun head manga? (only went fast over the pages of the first tome)

edit @Clebardman Thank you for the answer. So it will be a definitive pass on one and a second and maybe third volume check for the other.

More on the subject: about to finish Shôwa Ichidai Onna and I would have loved an adaptation of it. For the big screens. Made in Japan... in the 80s (or better around its release). As live-action.
If someone knows some movie (live/@nimated) following japanese WWII orphans through their life, I want to watch it.

Since little girls doing random things are popular on japanese TV, I would vote for Lushika. It's a little girl, it's particularly random and it's drawn by ABe.
Rei_IIIFeb 7, 2017 12:38 PM
Feb 7, 2017 11:56 AM
Aug 2016
I would like to see a liar game anime, but I liked the live action so it's fine.
I would like to see the sequel to doukyusei as another movie.
I would like to see aku no hana and nana to kaoru as better adaptations.
I would like to see a full adaptation of pet shop of horrors.
Food is the way to a mans heart.
Food wars is the way to mine.

'So long as this world stays nonsensical, there'll be room in it for a nonsensical person like me.'
Feb 7, 2017 12:00 PM

Jan 2016
I'm still thinking that Oyasumi Punpun is better as a live action.

As i already said in other threads like this i would like to se Ran to Haiiro no Sekai made by Kyoani and Voynich Hotel made by Trigger. The manga from Douman Seiman are crazy, it's perfect for them.

Also a remake for Gunnm :<

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedFeb 18, 2017 10:15 PM
Feb 7, 2017 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
@Rei366 No Guns Life is a glorious dystopian cyborg story wich reminds me a lot of Gunnm. The main character is a Gun Slave Unit, a cyborg who's built to carry an oversized weapon he can't operate himself (his head has a handle and trigger in the back). It's mostly about free will, what to do with it, what it means to be a tool/exploited by others, etc..

Kasane is a story about self-esteem, honesty, hypocrisy and peer pressure. the main character is the monstruous daughter of a beautiful actress. Her mother gave her a lipstick before dying, and Kasane discovers she can steal other people's faces with it. I looooove it tho the first volume was without a doubt the weakest.

edit: Dem huge mangafox disclaimers... I'll see if I can find those pages without it
DeathkoFeb 7, 2017 12:23 PM
Feb 16, 2017 1:07 AM

Apr 2011
I want Bones to animate AIKI. I don't even mind if they censor the sex scenes at the begi.... actually no. Please don't censor those scenes if it ever gets adapted (which it probably won't).

There's also 666 Satan (finished, so never happening), Stealth Symphony (canceled, so never happening), Fujimura-kun Mates (finished, so never happening), Until Death Do Us Part (finished, so never happening), etc... Really, so many good manga that deserve adaptations over these generic ecchi Light Novels.
Feb 16, 2017 7:12 AM

Feb 2015
Xia Da's "Chang Ge Xing" (technically a manhua, but whatevs). I would give my left boob to see this adapted into an anime.

I'd give my right boob to have Yoshiki Nakamura's "Tokyo Crazy Paradise" turned into an anime.

And while Yumi Tamura's "Basara" already has an anime adaption, it sucks so hard I literally can't think about it without getting pissed off. It needs to be re-adapted because it's such a fantastic manga (my favorite) and frankly, deserves better than the half-assed adaption it got.
Feb 18, 2017 10:19 PM

Jan 2010
Thread Cleaned

Gonna try to save this thread if possible as there are a number of good posts in here. If you like a manga enough to think it could succeed as an anime, certainly you can give a few reasons for why you like it and how it would work?

---

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko please. Anime needs more tomboys, and I can imagine it being a fun series of shorts with how quick the chapters go, though I'm not sure if an anime can adapt its comedic timing. I'm more so imagining it in the same vein as I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying and Tonari no Seki-kun, and I really liked them, so I'm not ruling out the possibility of a successful short.
Feb 18, 2017 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
Summit of the Gods or really anything by Taniguchi would be an immeasurable treat. Japan never gave the guy the credit he deserved and now he died a few days ago. They could at least honor his memory by adapting one of his works into a movie or special. They're usually only one or two volumes anyway so it would be perfect.

I'd also take a Liar Game adaption.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 18, 2017 10:47 PM

Jul 2015
I recently started reading a shounen series called Birdmen and I really liked it. Since it's about superhero-like people flying and fighting monsters I think it could be adapted really well into the anime medium. There's enough material for at least one cour too.
Feb 19, 2017 5:41 AM
Dec 2013
Though they're not manga (they're actually light novels but I'm reading the manga adaptations of them), I'd love to see "Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu" and "Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari" get anime adaptations one day. Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari in particular because of how amazing and different it is to works involving a main character transported to a fantasy world.
wildhoodFeb 19, 2017 6:20 AM
Feb 19, 2017 5:50 AM

Feb 2016
I want Bleach to be ended properly and maybe Kubo directing it through the end (people who did finish the manga noticed how rushed it was... Fuck you Shounen Jump)

I also can't wait to see Vento Aureo Animated... people say its the worst part of JoJo, tho I don't understand why (I'm reading it, and i'm liking it so far)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 19, 2017 5:58 AM

Dec 2015
Oyasumi Punpun, Vagabond & Onanie Master Kurosawa, it would be interesting to see how one might pull off Punpun though.
Feb 19, 2017 6:06 AM

Aug 2015
I want a really good and more in depth adaptation of Umineko since the first 4 games were rushed because it was only 26 episodes, and I want them to continue and animate the 6th game since until now is my favorite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2017 6:24 AM
Jan 2016
JustALEX said:
I forgot the name of the manga but it's a fantasy manga and the MC is like insanely powerful and he gets a harem...

I know what you're thinking....but it's technically NOT hentai.....it has a plot and everything.

He even straight up NTR's one of his enemies by grabbing his girl and fucking her right in front of him....

You mean something like Maou no Hajimekata? Honestly, your description sounds exactly like that manga.
Feb 19, 2017 6:29 AM

Jun 2008
Askorti said:
JustALEX said:

You mean something like Maou no Hajimekata? Honestly, your description sounds exactly like that manga.

Yeah...that's the one...

^The mangaka was sick and tired of MCs that never do shit with their harems.

MC literally fucks everything that walks....it's amazing!
Feb 19, 2017 6:35 AM

Mar 2012
Dengeki Daisy maybe, my manga list is quite small and most already have anime adaptations.
Feb 19, 2017 6:37 AM

Dec 2014
Seeing Soul Eater and Tokyo Ghoul fully adapted would be nice.
Feb 19, 2017 9:48 AM

Feb 2015
JustALEX said:

I'm wasted. I'm ready. My body is ready. I'm calling the committee to fund this shit right now.

OT: Anyway, I'd like to get Minamoto-kun Monogatari an anime adaptation, that fully covers Asahi's route. Since the wincest there is just great. ;)
Onani Master Kurosawa + the LN sequel would be a good one if you ask me, not a 1 cour, but probably a movie or something, I'd like to see Kurosawa's angst and thoughts animated well in anime, the fact that the manga fluidly did it, in my opinion, would make the visuals/atmosphere in the anime would play well.
_Ako_Feb 19, 2017 9:52 AM
Feb 19, 2017 9:55 AM
Jan 2016
JustALEX said:
Askorti said:

Yeah...that's the one...

As far as I remember, he didn't fuck the loli he received as tribute from one of the villages.
Feb 19, 2017 9:59 AM

Apr 2016
Vinland Saga
i also want a continuation of Kingdom and Uchuu Kyoudai Anime
Feb 19, 2017 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
i would like to have a fully adapted Rurouni Kenshin anime, now when the manga is finnished and all.
Feb 19, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
Hirunaka no Ryuusei!
But i have this fear that Shishio sensei will get, imo, "the wrong seiyuu".
So at the same time i don't want it adapted.
Feb 19, 2017 10:31 AM

Aug 2015
Not a manga, but if anybody could pull of a good adaption of Kubera I'd be happy.
Feb 19, 2017 11:46 AM

Sep 2007
A 70 episode adaptation of 20th Century Boys would be great.

Or a complete manga adaptation of Fruits Basket.
Feb 19, 2017 11:49 AM

Dec 2015
The lost children arc from Berserk, I think it should be made into an OVA instead a tv anime
hi
Feb 19, 2017 11:53 AM

Oct 2015
Love so life
Pluto
20th century boys
vagabond
real
vinland saga
7 seeds..etc

Feb 19, 2017 11:56 AM
Jun 2016
I'd personally like to see Iris Zero adapted.
Feb 19, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2016
Mahoutsukai no Yome would be nice to have a whole 12 (or more. I wouldn't mind more as long as it isn't useless filler...) episode TV adaptation instead of the 3 episode OVA it is getting right now.
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Feb 19, 2017 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
I would love to see a continuation of Nazo no Kanojo X, it stopped right before big stuff happened, and would love to see the acting chapter animated, I think it was really, really, really well-drawn in the manga and I would love to see how it turns out as an animation.
Feb 19, 2017 12:14 PM

Mar 2016
Askorti said:
JustALEX said:

Yeah...that's the one...

As far as I remember, he didn't fuck the loli he received as tribute from one of the villages.

He's saving her for later...probably...

@OP

I'd like a Franken Fran anime, but I doubt the studio could do it without some heavy (and I mean heavy) censoring. And that'd kill the point of the manga. Battle Angel Alita would also be really cool if they could animate it well. Finally there's Spirit Circle which I can see as super good if they pull it off right.
Feb 19, 2017 12:17 PM

Jul 2016
Horimiya and Hirunaka no Ryuusei :)
Feb 19, 2017 12:18 PM
Sep 2014
GioGio's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind.

Pokemon Special could have been a good anime. Its characters are varied and succeed more than Satoshi. Everything prior to the DPt arc would have been the best for adaptation because it had good continuity and the most interesting plot.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

Yonahim_Zz - Today

27 by Akuya »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you see there being another Ecchi Anime as critically acclaimed as Mushoku Tensei in the future?

Dragevard - Yesterday

34 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
8 minutes ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

63 by pk8list »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list?

Cammell - 5 hours ago

37 by CoconutPizza »»
21 minutes ago

» Does it bother you to think how much time we burn waiting for new anime?

Zimmu - 2 hours ago

18 by Coaghim »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.