Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 28, 2017 5:46 PM

May 2015
what is this smile that's been plastered on my face for the past 20mins tf
Jan 28, 2017 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
Takahashi-sensei, y u no hug Satou-sensei!?

Hikari confronting the girls was hard and heavy to watch, but it all went out well. I laugh when Takahashi sensei hugged Macchi's body and felt her large breast and quickly back away.
Jan 28, 2017 7:58 PM

Dec 2016
I knew it would be a good episode with a lot of emotions and feelings involved.

Free hugs for everyone.
Jan 28, 2017 8:03 PM

May 2008
I give this episode a hug i mean a 5...yeah.
Jan 28, 2017 8:32 PM

Apr 2016
Each week I go into this show with a little more trepidation that it'll lose the magic it has over me somehow, but it just hasn't happened yet; I continue to love every second of it to a degree I would have never thought possible.

I really wanted to see what would happen if Satou hugged sensei. They're making us wait for it :D
Jan 28, 2017 9:43 PM
Jun 2016
Shurit said:
Did anyone noticed Hikari's 3rd leg?

On closer inspection it's actually her thigh. But I cannot unsee the third leg.

I'm glad I found this show. It's got all the right amounts of comedy, drama and cuteness. Hikari is also just so damn adorable, and the other girls are all great too. I'm looking forward for more character development for Yuki.

I really like Hikari and Himari's relationship too. They care for each other so much. I want to know what the promise they made was. Plus, I love twintails.
dqtl74Jan 28, 2017 9:52 PM
Jan 28, 2017 10:21 PM

May 2015
The episode was handled pretty well in relation to the manga. I like how they kept the confrontation scene the same as the manga: short. I also like the fact it had a really good message to go along with it. The scene were Tetsuo and Himari (Hikari’s twin sister) talked was also really good.

I really enjoy slice of life series that leave you meaningful messages regarding a particular subject, along with good character interactions and growth.

Tetsuo to Himari: “... if you only focus on the “demi traits” you lose sight of their personality. If you only look at their “humanity”, you won’t find the cause of their problems. They’re both equality important...”

Anyhow, mad props to Tetsuo as a character. Also, Himari and Hikari sisters’ bond is strong, and Sakie still fun as ever.

Looking forward to Yuki’s “demi” problem next episode...

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 28, 2017 10:29 PM
Jan 2015
This anime is great, both fun and able to handle serious matters in a thoughtful way.
My Queens

Jan 29, 2017 12:57 AM

Oct 2016
poor Succubus didnt get a hug
Jan 29, 2017 1:42 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode and all, but I kinda feel that it's slightly iffy for a teacher to be letting his students hug him like that. As with Himari near the end of the episode, it's obviously going to cause lots of problems if people find out.
Jan 29, 2017 2:01 AM

Sep 2013
Sensei is not only a great teacher, but a better human being. From comforting Kusakabe to understanding that demis have human characteristics that made them individuals rather than a race, he definitely won me over as a fan.

To be honest, I believed he was ONLY interested in demis and the supernatural, but he definitely proved me wrong. He's just a biology teacher who has no ulterior motives other than to gain knowledge of the unknown and help the demis.

4/5- Not a whole lot of comedy this time around but it was a nice change of pace with Hikari confronting the gossip girls. I'm a much bigger fan of Hikari now after her little rant. This episode just shows how well rounded Hikari can be. She's not just a cheerful girl and I like it.

Poor Satou getting shot down like that.

Jan 29, 2017 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
This show never ceases to entertain me in every way possible.

The formula for comedy, while also world-building, and even incorporating sort of life lessons just works. The speech from Hikari to the bullies was incredibly powerful and really sent a message that people should take away in real life.

Takahashi's speech to Himari about the importance of balance between seeing a Demi as both a Demi and a human to be able to fully understand them was also very good.

And even with those serious bits, the show still manages to have the funny as fuck moment with Satou-sensei being so eager to help that she's belly-flopping on the table, and the scene with the hugs and she gets the seductive look going but then ruins it and gets shut down.

Oreodesu said:
- hee hee.
- Ha ha .. nani ?
- Hee hee hee !
- Ha ha ha, dakara nani ?

^And of course the simple yet funny little lines like this.

I'm surprised the show has a fairly decent rating (which I think will even climb higher in time) and yet all the shit reviews are the ones featured. Lol why MAL, why?
Jan 29, 2017 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
Shurit said:

Are you high? There's not third leg lol
Jan 29, 2017 3:31 AM

Oct 2012
Fappa said:
Somehow I get the feeling Hikari might turn out to be the demi with the most problems. I can totally see her building up this genki facade in order to protect herself from something.
I'm beginning to think that as well, especially after the events of this ep. There's her vague drive to give her mind to the gossip girls, the fact that she does this for her sister, and also that Himari herself asked Sensei to talk to her parents, I feel that may develop further at a later episode
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 29, 2017 3:38 AM

Jan 2016
Her smile at the end..

Jan 29, 2017 4:33 AM

Oct 2010
I read all your comments and I have a feeling that I'm the only one who doesn't want Takahashi to end up with Satou...Like seriously, no? I mean, I understand, the age differences and everything but...I don't feel it at all. As much as I understand Machi's crush on sensei, because she's a teenage girl and all, I don't understand how a mature woman can 'love' a man after talking to him like three times and not knowing him at all. And if Takahashi were to get attracted to Satou, how can we be sure that those would be his real feelings, and not an illusion caused by her being a succubus?
I really hope this anime won't go totally the harem way ;__;
Jan 29, 2017 5:00 AM

Jun 2013
that was fun and the hugging scene was funny
Jan 29, 2017 5:18 AM

Sep 2010
Satou-sensei is getting careless around Takahashi. Does she still overestimate his resistance to her succubus traits?
Jan 29, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2012
What an awesome episode, this anime is getting better and better.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jan 29, 2017 6:26 AM

Dec 2014
Kusakabe gets bullied, and Hikari has her back.

Hugs too. Also a discussion as to how the demi aspects of the demi-humans affects them on a physical level. (Vs their human aspects)
Jan 29, 2017 6:28 AM

Jun 2013
This was a good episode. While the other demis have accepted who they are and are dealing with their demi side, Kusakabe hasn't opened up to her demi side and even hates her demi side because she thinks that it is because of her being snow girl that people are badmouthing her and think she's an arrogant princess. But the thing is that she doesn't have anyone to talk to about her demi problems.

The parts about Kusakabe weren't the most interesting parts. What intrigued me most was Hikari's speech to those bathroom badmouthing girls. She said she didn't want to do anything she'd regret later on because she promised her sister. After that, Himari told Takahashi to say the things he said to her to her parents. This means that despite Hikari being so happy go lucky on the outside and shows that she doesn't have a worry in this world, things aren't going that well with her parents for reasons related to her being a vampire. Unlike Machi's parents who are accepting of their headless child, Hikari's parents are probably not that accepting probably due to Hikari having causing a problem or something because of her vampire nature. Or it could be that Hikari's parents are ignorant about her needs as a vampire and treat her like a normal human or they treat her as a vampire and ignore her human side (based on what Himari said to Takahashi). In any case, there is some family problem at work here which ha something to do with Hikari's vampireness.

Sakie has volunteered to help Takahashi. Lol when she got so close to Takahashi. The guy was about to burst lol. Lol when everyone wanted to hug Takahashi. He didn't take any of it in a weird way and kept his cool, until he made contact with Machi's big boobs lol.

Looking forward to seeing Kusakabe focus and more focus on Hikari-chan.
Jan 29, 2017 7:19 AM

Feb 2007
Poor succubus-sensei... :D

luinthoronJan 29, 2017 7:30 AM
Jan 29, 2017 7:23 AM

Apr 2016
Definitely AOTS for me excluding sequels.Hikari is best girl by far.I loved her speech and the bullying scene in general.It wasn't forced and completely felt on point.I also loved the conversation between Himari and sensei.Damn sensei might be flawless but surprisingly it doesn't bother me that much.Normally I don't like super duber perfect characters.The only thing kinda off-putting was the hug scene.It came out of nowhere.I don't think it was necessary but well..
Jan 29, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2010
luinthoron said:

Don't worry, we'll see her in the doujinshi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 29, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
Such a great episode once again!
Jan 29, 2017 11:01 AM
Feb 2015
After watching what just happened in ep 16 of Gundam: IBO, this was very much needed. Just cuteness and happiness all around.
Jan 29, 2017 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
Another Nice Episode....
Jan 29, 2017 2:13 PM

Jun 2015
Poor Satou-sensei, no hugs for her.
If I understood her sister correctly, do Hikaris parents not accept her? That's horrible.
Jan 29, 2017 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
Shurit said:

What do you mean?
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I dont get it o.O
Jan 29, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2016
Tears doesn't match with Hikari
Jan 29, 2017 4:44 PM

Jul 2015
aaaahhhhhh. my heart. I love these characters enough that seeing them sad physically effects me. Satou wanting to help and getting a bit too excited sheered me up though. Takanashi's speech also lifted my spirits and made me happy.

It was good. This episode was good. This anime is good. Hugs are also good. This is a good thing. 10/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 29, 2017 7:15 PM

Oct 2016
best episode ... takahashi-sensei is very nice to demi's .. I like hikari even more here ..
Jan 30, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2015
why every good anime feels so fast...
Jan 30, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2014
Did anyone noticed that they made a parody of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) in this episode?

Jan 30, 2017 6:10 AM
Oct 2007
Best girl for me is Hikari, followed by Satou-sensei!

To be frank, real bullies in real life probably won't be affected by what Hikari and Yuki said to them. They will think it's rather funny one way or another otherwise. In this sense, those 2 gossiping girls still can be "save"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2017 6:18 AM

Sep 2012
I'd say this is the best anime of the season so far. Great characters.
Hikari crying, sooo sad D:

Zelev said:
The hugs kind of creep me out tbh. I don't think you're allowed to have contact like that with a teacher xD Against rules or w/e

Totally agree with you.

Shurit said:

I confess I thought the same thing, I had to rewatch the scene and pause to notice it was her thigh and skirt shadow hahahaha. I thought I was the only one to see that lol
Jan 30, 2017 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
The narration while having to deal with a serious subject, still managed to make less heavy atmosphere, measuring good comedy not to frustrate what was built during the first part of the episode. The characters are hilarious. The drawings are really beautiful.

GenesisAria said:
I just realized something.............

The ice girl...

she is

delicate.

At any rate, it was a cute and funny episode~

Oh~! Great comment.
Jan 30, 2017 7:41 AM
Jan 2016
Love this episode!!! I think we can learn so many things from this episode. Every kind of creatures can live together peacefully if we can understand each other. And nice job Hikari!!! I really like her character hahaha
Jan 30, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2009
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Did anyone noticed that they made a parody of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) in this episode?

You mean Boku Dake Inai Machi and this made references to eƒ - a tale of memories? The filmstrip thing may be even older than that in anime too frankly.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 30, 2017 10:28 AM

May 2010
I must say, this episode made me love Hikari. Her speech, tho a bit naive, was admirable and i loved how she actually took a stand. Her words reverberated in my heart. Best ep so far.
Jan 30, 2017 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
poor Satou Sensei didnt get hug . Hikari save the day again !
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jan 30, 2017 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
GenesisAria said:
You mean Boku Dake Inai Machi and this made references to eƒ - a tale of memories? The filmstrip thing may be even older than that in anime too frankly.
Well, I only remember something like that from Erased.
Jan 30, 2017 11:41 AM

Dec 2009
@ChloeVonEinzbern
eƒ was way more widely known there, because it was a popular romance psychological VN series.
GenesisAriaJan 30, 2017 12:11 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 30, 2017 11:48 AM

Oct 2015
Interesting thing is how they mix some cute stuff and quite deep study of being different and having special needs. And the teacher is kinda fresh MC, also perfectly voice acted.
Jan 31, 2017 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
"Hee hee hee." -- Hikari Takanashi, 2017.

Hikari for standing on what she believes in... Wow... Serves the badmouthers right...

Satou-sensei got no hug. Sad.
But I go Sensei x Succubus tho.

Takahashi-sensei hugging Machi's body... BOOB ALERT! BOOB ALERT! Lol

Himari... More than meets the eye. :)
Jan 31, 2017 8:44 AM

Feb 2014
HalAnime said:
luinthoron said:

Don't worry, we'll see her in the doujinshi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm rooting for Machi tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hopefully the doujins make creative use of her dullahan features
ProtozFeb 1, 2017 11:02 AM
Jan 31, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
What a touching episode! Satou agrees to help Takahashi out with the demi girls, and man that was really really nice what Hikari did. Especially when she said it was for a promise she made to her sister, and then when Yuki went in and apologized ... dang, that was so touching :') Omg Hikari again, with the hugs ... and Machi's body too LOL Poor Satou gets left out though T_T LOL XD Then we have Himari being a little suspicious about what Takahashi really thinks and just when he's just about won her over ... Hikari just trolls :P I wonder if they're having trouble with Hikari at home though? Aww ... well, I'm super looking forward to the next episode :D Looks like we get some more Yuki action?! :O
Feb 1, 2017 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
Mariola-chan said:
I read all your comments and I have a feeling that I'm the only one who doesn't want Takahashi to end up with Satou...Like seriously, no? I mean, I understand, the age differences and everything but...I don't feel it at all. As much as I understand Machi's crush on sensei, because she's a teenage girl and all, I don't understand how a mature woman can 'love' a man after talking to him like three times and not knowing him at all.

Age is just a number. People do not automatically grow more careful/responsible/wise just because they hit a certain age.
Also, "love" is a very abstract word. It's one thing to be sexually attracted to somebody, and it's a different thing when you actually know him/her well enough that you have a special bond.

On the other hand, Takahashi-sensei has shown her some really good qualities in the short time she has known him. Isn't it a good substitute for talking?

Mariola-chan said:
And if Takahashi were to get attracted to Satou, how can we be sure that those would be his real feelings, and not an illusion caused by her being a succubus?

Does it matter? Is there really a difference?
(I'm afraid it's transhumanist rhetoric getting to me here, so feel free to argue)
Feb 1, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2015
Faederwulf said:
The series is intended to be a harem romance, so expect more than just hugging.

wat

I read the 2 reviews you can find on the manga page, and they both say it is not harem.
Feb 1, 2017 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
Poor Satou didn't get a hug...

I am liking the show more and more, it's well paced, funny and cute. Big thumbs up! (o.o)
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jan 7, 2017

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.